September 23rd, 2010

New 'Harry Potter' trailer shows off 'dark times'

There are 57 days and counting, “Potter” fans, until the first part of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” is released on November 19. In the meantime, though, you can check out the latest trailer. (Over and over and over again, if you need to – we understand. We did the same thing.)

The trailer begins with an ominous statement - “These are dark times, there is no denying” – which definitely sets the tone. This preview seems to be much more action-packed, and gives fans a peek at just how “dark” this movie will get.

The two-minute clip highlights the dangerous mission Harry, Ron and Hermione embark on with hopes of defeating Lord Voldemort, who is just as creeptastic as ever.

What do you think? Can November not get here fast enough?

Filed under: Harry Potter • movies

1. Brian

I wanted to share how I got free tickets to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 from Fandango. You can too! I'm so ready for it to come out! http://harrypotter.oskr.org

June 18, 2011 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  2. marc

i already raed teh book twice and i guess evryone will agree that this is the most exciting part of the series. i really cant wait to watch the movie itself... is it november already??? hehehehe

October 24, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. hari

Watch Online movies free

October 10, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ginny

I CANNOT WAIT!!! ive read all the books 22211223 times and been to orlando harry potter world and seen allllll the movies. i just cannot wait

September 26, 2010 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Alexa_Gri

I like books and movies about Harry Potter and I think that the last part of the story on the screen will not disappoint my expectations. :) It looks like it will be even more spectacular than the previous.
    Nice trailer, looking forward to the movie.

September 24, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. JR

Love the series, both the books and the movies. I've raised my kids with Harry and the gang, and seeing them together is a family event. Been awhile so there is excitement in the air around here about this. Something that both adults and children can love. Going to probably shed a tear when it's all over with, an end of an era for both the storytelling venue and for our family.

Thanks, JK Rowling for an epic storyline.

September 24, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  7. Jaime

that was an awsome trailer cant wait and then in 3d me and my family have seen every Harry Potter movie and we have the books as well

September 24, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  8. Wendy

the books are not the same as the movies...if you go there expecting to see every element of the books brought to life on the big screen you are just setting yourself up for disappointment.....you should have all learned that lesson from the third movie.

September 24, 2010 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  9. Pete

OMG, What a great trailer!!! I may have to read the last book again just to remember everything! Can't wait for Nov 19th!!

September 24, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  10. Charlie pants

Sooo excited I pooped my pants!!

September 24, 2010 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  11. dat nikka daz

Yo yo harrey potter iZ da shiznit mayne, dis boy raw wit his magic n kris angel caynt evn do diz shizzz

September 24, 2010 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  12. Rocky

No video on iPhone. Only audio. :(

September 24, 2010 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |
  13. Kyle Zimmermann

Can't wait! I love Harry Potter!! This is sure to be a milestone for me in life. Oh how – can't wait! 56 days and counting! Yahoo!!!

September 24, 2010 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  14. kenni

I agree the 6th movie was a disapointment compaired to the book... If i never read the book it would have been great... But i am still excited again im hoping it fallows better this time.

September 24, 2010 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  15. Reese

My friends and I agree that once this series ends on film, so will our childhood. We grew up with reading the books and loving the movies. We almost flunked a lot of our classes because we favored reading Harry Potter over studying for tests. This series kept us young (at heart) and we are both excited to watch Deathly Hallows and immensely scared to see the final credits roll up once Part 2 ends.

September 24, 2010 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  16. Harry Pwner

I'm not excited for this movie. All the other movies had cool looking trailers too, but they all sucked. The sixth movie was like the worst movie of all time. I love the books, but I stopped being excited about the movies after the fourth one.

September 24, 2010 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  17. bellah

actually if you actually look at the early interviews of ms rowling you learn some of the history of the books. she was a single mom who was living on welfare, who started writing the first book on some napkins at the local coffee shop. it was not originaly published as a childrens or young adults book because it was thought to be too scary, but when it won an award as a childrens book it began to be marketed as such.

but i digress, i cannot wait for november either!! i started my love of reading because of these books and even made my husband read them before i would marry him!lol seriously i love this series. it made reading fun for my generation.

September 23, 2010 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  18. sally sue

"You don't know how this feels. You have no family!" Damn Ron. That wasn't in the book.

September 23, 2010 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anbggg

Lol yes it was in the book! Maybe you haven't read it in awhile....

September 24, 2010 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
    • minara

It surely is in the book. It's when he's being possessed by Regulus' locket, I believe. It's all very 'one-ringish', these Horcruxes. :D

September 24, 2010 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  19. kenni

I looooove the harry potter books im hoping (fingers crossed) deathly hallows goes by the book more then the half blood prince... Im a little worried because sooo much was missing like the final battle... But i will be there openong night!

September 23, 2010 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  20. potterpride

@ANGIE. IF YOU HAVE A BOY. NAME HIM HARRY OR RON. CONGRATS IN ADVANCE. BEST OF LUCK. HARRY POTTER RULES I*M 41 AND I LOVE THE MAGIC.

September 23, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  21. mskai53090

to everybody who is trashing harry potter at least harry potter movies is only movies and they know when to end the one thats coming out will be the final one and they are not going overboard with it like those stupid vampire movies and they just had to make tv shows about it too.

September 23, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  22. mskai53090

this is the only fantasy movie that i like and all of its sequels cant wiat for the final one

September 23, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Hannahbanana

So EXCITED

September 23, 2010 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Cj

WOAH! NEW TRAILER?!? omg I'm really pumped up for this! :D

September 23, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  25. angie

I'm excited about the movie but disappointed; i will have a newborn and can't see it until it comes out on dvd. newborns and loud, long movies do not mix well.

September 23, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  26. ªl3Xa

What can i say i agree wit all of ya i just cant believe that its been 10 years already i'm in a huge shock now that the trailer came out; just r3laX almost there. ; )

September 23, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Vivian

YES! I am so excited!

September 23, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  28. sarah

it is going to be so sad i will most likely cry at the end of the last movie . when the last book finally came out i moped around for about a week but the movie looks awesome can not wait to see it. does any body know when the first movie will end and the second begin

September 23, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liutgard

Only at the end? I fully expect to be in tears through much of the film. So much of Deathly Hallows is absolutely gut-wrenching, even the trailer has me weeping. I'm taking a box of tissues with me to the theater!

September 23, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • April Dawn

It's either Chapter 24 or 26, I don't remember. Haha. But, I'm assuming that most/all of the Hogwarts part will be in the 2nd movie. SO excited. At first, I was more excited to see the second part, but, after seeing this trailer, I know the first part is going to be awesome as well!

September 23, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  29. April

I cant wait! Im probably going to see it at least twice!

September 23, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  30. She Who Must Be Obeyed

I still can't believe that it will all come to an end soon. Too soon...

September 23, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  31. khocolatemoose

I'm very excited about this film; it looks so good. The last film was fantastic, but I'll always be partial to The Goblet of Fire; it's my favorite, the film where this became more than a children's story.

If you like action films too, I would love for you to join the conversation at http://khocolatemoose.wordpress.com/

We'd love to hear what you think, and often.

Best,

KM

September 23, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Happy-as-a-Mad-Hatter!

Oh me gosh!! I am *so* excited!!! I have to consciously keep myself in check, to spread out my anticipation! I am 58yrs young, have read all the books, watched the movies (in theater), and have stood in line til midnight for a book release! I am *very* grateful that all the ppl have made it to the end of the making-of, especially! I must say I miss Richard Harris, his Dumbledore was a perfect fit, and I had a crush on him when I was younger....but, "it's ALL good!" Thank you for giving such a magical journey, filled with so much enjoyment, and I would like to go to Hogwarts, where do I sign up??? LOL! Happy, Happy, Joy! Joy!

September 23, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liutgard

The last few books I bought online, but my roommate and I got dressed up anyway and went out and basically 'worked the line'- chatted up the little kids and admired their costumes, etc. I'll never forget the one little kid (about 5) who had no front teeth, and looked up with his eyes wide and said "Aw you a weal witth?" "As real as they come, honey!" He got even more excited and said "Have you got a wand?" I showed him the handle of my wand, just poking out of the slot pocket in my robes, and told him in a whisper "I can't take it out here- there are too many muggles!" He just about died of the giggles and his mom was rolling her eyes, but you know, it's fun things like that that really do it for a lot of us. It really is magic!

September 23, 2010 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  33. potterpride

Saving the best for last. Cant wait !!

September 23, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Perfect Mistake

YAYAYAYYAYAYAYYA.
    So excited! This movie comes out on my birthday. :D

September 23, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  35. HOHum

I was excited about this movie....2 years ago. Now they've made me wait so long I dont care anymore. I read all 7 books aloud to my son (who was 6 when we started and 15 when we finished) and we went to the first 5 movies on opening day. Now I'll just wait til it comes to video. I've waited this long already whats a few more months. I want to be excited. Sadly I'm just dispointed.

September 23, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Kathy Priest

I am 62 years old and have read all the books and watched the movies. I am very excited about the movie.

September 23, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • mountainmom

Yay! I'm 50 and a huge fan. Something my teenage son and I can enjoy together.

September 23, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liutgard

I agree that there's really something for everyone. It's not 'just' a childrens' series. I'm 46, and just a little rabid of a fan. I have to say though- there is a thread of ethic that runs through the series that cannot be matched by any other popular fiction that I know of. My email sig line sums it up with Dumbledore's quote "It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." Of course the fact that I always sort as Gryffindor and firmly believe in their values of loyalty and bravery might have something to do with it...

September 23, 2010 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Eszti

can't wait <3

September 23, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Stephanie C

Is it November yet??

September 23, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  39. potter88

i started reading the first book in middle school and am now 22 always loved harry potter series can not wait for the last movie will be a very sad day when last movie ends

September 23, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  40. girlinsd92129

Cannot wait!! I really hope that by breaking this movie into 2 parts, that they have done the book justice. The other movies were OK with the last (HBP) being the best of them all thus far. This is my favorite book of the series so Nov. cannot come fast enough!

September 23, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liutgard

HBP felt a bit 'unfinished', though I suspect that was done deliberately. Not that HP fans needed another reason to turnout for the last movie. :-) But my favorite of the movies is Prisoner of Azkaban. Very tightly constructed and paced. I kind of wish Alfonso Cuaron had done more of the Potter films.

September 23, 2010 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Manda

I wish this would end!!!! Not that im not a HUGE fan but I took a bet when the first book came out that I wouldn't read any of the books untill the last movie was out. Now I have to wait even longer;( Great trailer though!

September 23, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  42. hewhomustbenamed

i am liking potter nd i is wanting to mary hermoninny

September 23, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  43. joan yoder

I love all of the harry potter movies and the harry potter books as well. i am a huge harry potter fan.

September 23, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Kim

I'm thinking the movie will do the book justice simply because they cut it into two parts. Meaning, they've put a lot of the book INTO the movie, unlike the past six. I cannot wait. I'm about to re-read the 7th book in preparation. Wooh hooh!

September 23, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  45. anne

I'm really excited but at the same time very disappointed they made this last book into two movies. It will really suck to have to wait for the ending another 3 months (or is it 6?)

September 23, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • KR

It's 8 months, actually. July 2011. Bummer, huh?

September 23, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marv

It's totally worth waiting for the 2nd part if it means having the book translated more in-depth into film version.

September 23, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liutgard

I'd rather have two movies separated like that than one that cannot possibly do justice to the book.

September 23, 2010 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • JohnP

It actually makes very good sense. That's why they couldn't do justice to the last movie. There's simply too much material to pack into a 2-3hr movie. It's the same problem they have with movies based off other books. If it were only a 250page book it wouldn't be a problem, however this last book was very lengthy so they're taking the right approach here, imo.

September 24, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  46. Aaron

God I wish this franchise would go away. Talk about beating a dead horse.

September 23, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • seriously

beating a dead horse? theres 7 books, you already knew once it started that they were going to finish. The series is only one of the greatest of its time.

September 23, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liutgard

Dude, do you actually know anything about the series? Are you aware that there are seven books, and that the story arc covers 7 years and a heck of a lot of territory? They aren't just making up new stories to continue the cash cow, like, say, a certain series about pirates that was only loosely based on an amusement park ride...

September 23, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

In the words on Antoine Dodson "you are so dumb, you are really dumb."

September 24, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  47. Megan

I cannot wait! The trailer is epic, I just hope they do the book justice!

September 23, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Drazul

Cannot freakin wait!!!

September 23, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Jessica

Seeing the trailer made my heart pound. I seriously can't wait for this to come out, and it's being released on my birthday! Yay!!

September 23, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Shannon

SOOO excited to see this movie!! The trailer looks fantastic...I really hope the movie turns out just as great. Come on November!

September 23, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  51. cmomma

Me and my son have seen Harry Potter every year since they have some it. He loved the books and is so ready for this movie:). His birthday falls in November (2days b4 the release) so it is always special for us:)

September 23, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Kporter

I just hope the movie doesn't give the shaft to very important roles like the past movies have.

September 23, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Potterfan

OMG. I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited. And I did watch the trailer, over and over and over. How did you know? I think it needs to be November tomorrow!

September 23, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  54. meggy

this is undoubtedly the most engaging, exciting book in the series, and i only hope the film can do it justice.

September 23, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  55. You have been reported for abuse.

Abuse of the English language. Please stop.

September 23, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |