Rosie O'Donnell on her brood: 'We're the Gay-dy bunch'
September 22nd, 2010

Rosie O'Donnell on her brood: 'We're the Gay-dy bunch'

Where's Alice the housekeeper when you need her?

Comedian Rosie O'Donnell says she and partner Tracy Kachtick Anders have so may children between them that they rival "The Brady Bunch." Or, as O'Donnell joked to Us Weekly: "We're the Gay-dy Bunch!"

O'Donnell, is mom to Parker, 15, Chelsea, 13, Blake, 10, and Vivienne, 7, her children with ex Kelli Carpenter, while Anders – who lives next door to O'Donnell – has one adopted child and five biological kids. "Part of the reason I fell in love with her was her love of kids," O'Donnell, 48, said of artist/writer Anders. "She was a foster mom and took in 12, 13 kids, and adopted a whole bunch as well."

While O'Donnell admits having such a big, blended family can be a challenge, she acknowledges, "when you fall in love with someone, they come with a whole bunch of things, including children."

Speaking of challenges, O'Donnell is gearing up for her upcoming talk show for the Oprah Winfrey Network. The one-hour show, airing in January, will focus on one topic and will be about "real people, real topics, what America is talking about," she revealed to Us. "It won't be too much celebrities, or guests promoting something."

1. Gpawilli

This article is wrong.... Tracey has ONE biological child and the others are adopted. So much crap that the media doesn't get right... just like all the hacks putting her down here.

If you knew Rosie just a little (thats how much I know her) you would understand that she is one of the most generous, caring and loving individuals around – she is the most REAL of any celebtries – and has given tens of millions of dollars to wonderful causes – usually anonomously!

Is she opinionated – hell yes – and thank God! Does she stand up for the little guy – you better believe it.

You want to know what she is about listen to what she says – not what others say about her!

Ro Rocks!

September 26, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. buzzlightyear

Doula, not midwife and the website looks legit: http://www.simplybirth.net/Home_Page.html

September 26, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Buzz

Chris- How old is that student of your? I have friends that told me that they know Rosie's gf, and while she did work at a school for a while, that was a long, long, time ago, before she became a foster parent. You can't really believe everything you read online. Even the remark (above) about having 12 or 13 foster kids, or being a midwife (I read that somewhere else this week)- again, not true. Just too bad that people who have such negative feelings about Rosie O;Donnell now have to drag the girlfriend into the mix.

September 25, 2010 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Chris

Strange about the negative comments. My child was a student of Rosie's girlfriend, so not sure how JLF says they have no "evidence" of her work experience. Such the detective! and such negativity-sad.

September 24, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. JLF

What I get out of this is that this Tracy lived off the welfare system for the last 16 years with these kids. she states in an interview she "doesn't ever intend to work for anyone else" but I can find no evidence she has ever worked. My tax dollars have supported her lifestyle- I too would love to adopt but don't think the taxpayers should get the bill for my personal choices. Here's hoping Rosie supports her financially so my tax dollars no longer have to.

September 23, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Frank

That's beautiful. Good luck to her and her family.

September 23, 2010 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  7. Jen

She's a very angry person. I would think the gay community would not want her to speak for them...

September 22, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Posie

I think Rosies first partner Kelly was family oriented - she made it sound like her current girlfriend likes children more than Kelly did. Well,to each his/her own - love one another

September 22, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Suzanne from Montreal

When Rosie had her talk show, I enjoyed her and her show. I am sure this new one will be just as good. She speaks her mind and does it in as classy a way as I could. So let's get off her back, please. If you don't like her, that's OK and you can tell us why but to put her down just for the sake of doing that is senseless.

September 22, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Steve

Has anyone else noticed that her head is too big even for that huge body of hers?

September 22, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. B-Dog

I like Rosie, she says whats on her mind.

September 22, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  12. beenz

I don't think those kids need another reason for their classmates to taunt them..drop the label.

September 22, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. kathy c

NO MORE ROSIE! she was AWFUL when she was on the view & is still awful with saying gaydy bunch!She has to be the worst of the gay female celebs out there that these magazines & tv enterment shows cover! Melissa Ethiridge&Eleen Degenise are WAY MUCH BETTER nornal like compared to Rosie being all nuts&ko ko in the head.So if you have to put a gay female celeb on the cover again only have rpsie on the as a last resort if none of the other gay female celebs want to do it cause ROSIE is the WORST!

September 22, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Steven Segal

I normally give two thumbs up to hot girl on girl action, but with that whale...ugh.

We get it, Rosie, you're ghey. In other news, Helen Keller was deaf. Now please STFU. You're not famous anymore. You're just another rugmunch with speaker wire hair coming out of your toes. Go back to screwing up those kids you adopted.

September 22, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Frank

You're the disgusting one. Go back to your cave, you creature. Ugh.

September 23, 2010 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Steven Segal

Frankie, you're another apologist for this hack who thinks everyone should be forcefed the ghey agenda she promotes. Rosie is a disgusting human being. The "Gaydy Bunch"? Brilliant. Ugh. Like someone said, keep talking Rosie, little Parker will get his a55 kicked even more when his friends read this story.

September 23, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  15. TM

All I can say is YUCK!!!

September 22, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Me too

I agree....YUCK. I don't know why anyone would want to watch/listen to her unless you want to be depressed. Watch Ellen instead, at least she's upbeat and fun.

September 22, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Truth

Rosie O'Donnel is a partisan liberal stooge, whose fifteen minutes should have ended years ago.

September 22, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |