Michael Douglas feeling 'good' on the red carpet
September 21st, 2010

Michael Douglas feeling 'good' on the red carpet

Michael Douglas made a return to the red-carpet last night for the premiere of his new film, "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps."

Since announcing that doctors found a tumor in his throat earlier this year, the actor has made few appearances, aside from a pre-taped appearance on the "Stand Up to Cancer" telethon on September 10.

So of course, the extra long press line at the Ziegfeld Theater in New York City had been forewarned by publicists that Douglas wasn’t going to be answering any questions, but that didn’t stop a bunch of cameramen from mobbing Douglas while he gamely posed for pictures with the cast.

Although the 66-year-old stayed mum on the red carpet when CNN asked how he was feeling,  he give an encouraging encouraging wink and a nod topped off with a quiet "good," although admittedly, his response was less spoken and more the result of reading his lips.

1. mytera

Watch Online movies free

October 10, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. quit smoking mj

I seldom hear people talk about support places to give up smoking. Places such as stop smoking message boards can aid you to stop without other methods whatsoever. Get a desire to smoke, simply create a topic and get fast support. It helps! Just try it, you will be surprised the amount of people will try to aid you.

October 5, 2010 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  3. Scizott

What an idiot. Yes he will loose his hair, but it isn't immediate or relevant. Pray for as little suffering as possible, then go comb YOUR hair!

I didn't necessarily agree with his character's stand on specific issues, but "The American President" made me wish he'd actually RUN! The last press conference in the movie pretty much says it all about American politics. And then he ended with "My name is Andrew Shepard and I AM the President!" Great role. Thanks, Michael! Hang in there!

September 26, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Patty

I wish Michael all the best in his battle against this serious cancer.

September 25, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  5. cAROL gLENN

Why don't we all wish MD a speedy recovery and stop all this bickering??? Would this be too much to ask?

September 25, 2010 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
  6. Carla Smith

cretaceous1 NOZE IS THE INCORRECT SPELLING OF NOSE.

September 25, 2010 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
  7. Saraswati Global

Its good info

Saraswati Global limited present area rugs series

September 23, 2010 at 3:19 am | Report abuse |
  8. Holly Golightly

I'm pretty sure M Douglas is actually 66, not 76. And I'm pretty sure Catherine Zeta Jones is around 40(?), not 25. Wow, some people are so full of hate! Please do something about this–it's not good for you. Wish you the best, and you as well, Todd. There are some people who care, although it seems like there aren't.

September 22, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Truth

Great actor and I wish him the best for a speedy recovery. Looking forward to seeing the sequel this weekend.

September 22, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  10. GLO

We're praying for you Michael. You're one of my all time favorite actors, and could always convey more with a tiny facial expression (taken aback, miffed, ticked off, fearful, anxious) than other actors could express with a thousand words.

September 22, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  11. Beth

I think Michael Douglas is a terrific actor! I watched my father suffer so much from throat cancer...he passed away after 8 months of trying everything he could to survive. My thoughts and prayers are with Michael and his family!

September 22, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  12. cretaceous1

very ignorant and venomous black trash work at CNN...all of u need to die and make way for better life on this planet. U tell me why I continue to listen to any sort of news on this corrupt Atlanta blackqueHollywood network! U monkeys have the biggest chips on ur shoulder that any life has ever harbored on this planet. Fu6k all of u!!! I am truly surprised that Ted Turner would sell this network to garbage at any price...knowing that Hotlanta is his hometown...! Why anyone would address themselves in this chatroom as Steven Segal leads me to believe that that comment was posted by CNN moderators!

September 22, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  13. Steven Segal

66 year old? More like 76 year old. This dude's been in show business for close to 50 years. I'm sorry he's sick, but he's OLD and old people get sick and die. He looked like a feeb before the diagnosis and he still looks like a feeb. That's not cancer, that's father time. If he dies, he's led a long, long life. How come none of these stories talk about his 25 year old wife being there for him? Because she's doing what she always did, waiting for him to die so she can have his money.

September 22, 2010 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
    • cretaceous1

u need to choose another handle, doc...I suspect u to be some jealous drugsnorting blackque...u ain't gonna live to be 35, so I would guess that 66 does seem ancient to you...go suck up some more noze candy and then get shot...by one of ur fellow blacques!

September 22, 2010 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  14. cretaceous1

Not to make this into another discussion, however we are all actors in this life. Some Excellent, some mediocre, and some stink! I think Douglas's choosing not to make light of stage 4 is commendable rather than a lie as you put it. Strenght for live lies in not taking defeat so serious but to go full head against it. Some people do get better in life from things that they ultimately thought would destroy them. To choose the way Douglas has done is the way that he finds that he has the most success with...you need to bend your way of thinking somewhat, I would think!!!

September 22, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jake

There's something very sinister about a bunch of people of a certain religious persuasion celebrating in film the evil deeds of people in the banking industry who are of the same religious persuasion, and getting paid handsomely to do so.

September 22, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • todd

You are confusion Michael Douglas with Mel Gibson.

September 22, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
    • cretaceous1

Hey Jake...do I get the distinct aroma of ANTI-SEMITISM entering my noze or are u just some passing SHi+???

September 22, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
    • HarryBolzak

You should at least have the balls to speak your hate with conviction. Lightlly veiling your comment speaks volumes about your courage.

September 22, 2010 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Jake

It's not hate folks. It's called calling it as I see it. Narcissism knows no bounds and MD is a perfect example of it.

September 22, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Jack Johnson

You have no idea when you talk about Narcissism. Further, you are gleaning your opinion from his role in the movie. So obviously you are not a personal friend of Michael Douglas. If you base your opinion on his movie character, then you must be one of those who voted for Obama. You never really get to know the person. You only rely on what the media portrays that person to be.

September 24, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  16. cavemanstyle

Cancer is not a joke, it's a horrible affliction and hope that one day scientists will find a cure for all of it. My thinking is, whatever is created can be destroyed, and cancer is not an exception, so I say positive and hopeful.

September 22, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  17. Danielle Kradin

Hey RobRoy, You are total d-bag schmuck! Get lost!

September 22, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  18. PAPilot

Stage 4 is Stage 4. It's the most advanced stage of cancer. There is seldom a recovery from any Stage 4 cancer. It's is pretty much a death sentence. The same thing goes for Pancreatic cancer. Patrick Swayze "felt good" until the day we heard of his passing. They'll always "feel good" because that's what their publicists say is the right thing to project. It's too bad. We're all too dishonest about our own death. We need to embrace our deaths the same way we embrace our lives. It's much easier to go that way.

September 22, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Todd

It's sort of self pride. Many people (including myself) hate pity. We don't want to feel like we are imposing on others. That is why many people keep their ailments to themselves when they can, and only tell the minimum that is absolutely required. Mr. Douglas does not want to tell you he feels nauseus in the morning, or feels sorry for himself, or asks "what if", or feels depressed and hopeless at times. Even if that is true.

September 22, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • cretaceous1

My previous post is directed at PAPilot...CNN can completely lose continuity with their inept ways of posting writers' comments here.

September 22, 2010 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Sunny Day

That is true, Todd. My husband has cancer (he's 46). I go to work every day and try to put on a cheerful front and not talk about the hell that we're going through. I don't want to see people's looks of pity when I tell them the truth. I want to look like I'm strong and everything is ok. But inside, I'm wondering how I'm ever going to get through this. The world and all the normal things people talk about and do seem surreal.

I feel for Michael and wish him the best in this fight he's up against.

September 22, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • alanjay1

PAPilot: Thanks for the background info, although that definitely makes me more concerned

Sunny Day: Hang in there! My prayers are wtih you

September 22, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Todd

For me the issue is HIV. While my prognosis is much better than stage 4 cancer (Im undetectable), I have no family advocate – too much stigma associated with the disease. Worse than pity is repulsion, so I keep things to myself and a few trusted friends.

September 22, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  19. Marianne

RobRoy, you are ignorant. Read the news. The man possibly has Stage IV throat cancer and all the money in the world cannot make you 'feel good' as you put it.

September 22, 2010 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  20. cretaceous1

Great Actor! One of the best of our time! Witty and very intelligent person! Hang in there...u got lots more movies to make!!! Regards!

September 22, 2010 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  21. divinem

Wishing you a full recovery, Michael. I admire your strength and endurance.

September 22, 2010 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  22. Manny

I wish him all the best for a complete recovery.

September 22, 2010 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  23. Bonnie Been-There

Wishing Michael well. Once he is finished with his treatments, I hope he will attend a SPOHNC meeting with me.

September 22, 2010 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  24. sally

everyone looks so grim –no smiles ??? anyway,wishing Michael all the best because he is one of the best.Heard from people who were able to preview the movie that it was good.

September 22, 2010 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
    • george

what's perplexing is his hair... he has had intensive chemo and still has a full head of hair? how is that possible?

September 22, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
    • alanjay1

A lot of forms of chemo aren't as destructive to the body as they used to be. Plus, nowadays, different formulations are given for different specific cancers

September 22, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Denise C

George, while you are reading this stuff, why not educate your self re Chemo treatments. Hair loss is not always a side effect , it depends on the Drugs that are used . I know this , because i work in Oncology Cancer Care

September 24, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Craig

You are a moron....go back to your cave!!

September 22, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  26. Jeff

It was newsworthy enough for you to spend your valuable time reading this. People read these blogs for the mindless entertainment that they provide. They don't need YOUR ignorant behind to remind them that this is not earthshattering news. That's why this is called ENTERTAINMENT. If your life sucks so bad that you can't stand to read about other peoples success or failures, then just go away. Shut up, and keep your useless feedback to yourself.

September 22, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  27. wocka

Turd head. Check out the topic of the blog before you read it. If entertainment is not your thing, don't read it.

September 22, 2010 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  28. Lisa

Idiot, he's undergoing treatment for Head and Neck cancer. It's one of the toughest treatments out there. It's amazing that he was able to be there at all.
    My husband had treatment for exactly the same thing. We we're wishing for more "money" to help us feel better at that time.

September 22, 2010 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  29. todd

actors work hard. Maybe the only "work" that is real to you is physical labor, but you try standing in front of millions of people and entertaining them.

Or are you going to tell me that you never watch TV, never go to movies, never go to plays in your entire life.

September 22, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  30. HATERVILLE

and you did?? LOL

September 22, 2010 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  31. C

Over the years, Michael Douglass has given to many charities and made people laugh and cry with his incredible talent. Shame on you; A hole

September 22, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  32. Secos77

He's a living example (for now) to the addictiveness and danger of nicotine. Looks like he's finally quit smoking. The lesson is that eventually most nicotine users will have to go through the agony of quitting due to traumatic health issues resulting from its use. Might as well quit today, not tomorrow He's also a beautiful example of a brave and wonderful person.

September 22, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  33. JackJones

You'd be a crack head in a heart beat if you had this success, cause you couldn't handle the emotional toll this work takes... Only the strong survive this work, let alone a career of 40 + years.

September 22, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  34. Pierpont

"Never did a days work in his life" Okay, what rock do you live under. The incredible body of work produced by Mr. Douglas speaks for itself. He is the parts he plays and very few actors truly pull that off.

September 22, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  35. Lady

RobRoy=worthless pile of wasted flesh

November 16, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |