On Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour...
September 20th, 2010

Tim Gunn, say what?

With the arrival of his latest book, "Gunn's Golden Rules: Life's Little Lessons for Making It Work," Tim Gunn ("Project Runway") has promised that his readers and "Runway" fans would get to know him better. Turns out that was an understatement; who knew Gunn could be so feisty?

He's unleashed his opinion on everyone from the Salahis to Lindsay Lohan - check out the gallery above for some of Gunn's most notable quotes.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. steven B

support MONDO join the FaceBook page

November 3, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. BoBoHaHa

I dunno. Seems like Tim is stooping to the Real Housewives mentality w/this. I'd rather he write the Tim Gunn bible – something other than a super-sized gossip column – a tome of everyday sensible advice, like he doles out to the designers on PR.

September 22, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Pat. Madison. WI

Tim gunn is the essence of living in a world of BS but not buying into it all. I have watched him tell truth....in the kindest possible way when he can, and with brutal, but non-malevolent, honesty when required. He always has the best interest of the person that he is addressing at heart.

September 21, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Yieldcurve

You gotta love Tim! He makes it work!!!!!

September 21, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dee

Tim Gunn – telling it like it is – love it!

September 21, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Bloom

I don't think the fact that Tim is gay has anything to do with his opinion on people. He speaks his mind, as you always should.

September 21, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Hater

It's amazing how everyone on these comments pages have a major set of balls when it comes to being gay when in real life you are all too scared to come out of the closet. Come out, come out where ever you are. You all make prime targets.

September 21, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  8. John

Tim Gunn makes common sense look like genius.

Well done.

September 21, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kristina A

There was an article in a recent Marie Claire...Tim Gunn is telling a story about "a beautiful TV star who shall remain nameless, but she hosts a cooking show on Bravo" seems the TV star (umm Padma) asked Tim for some help on a project, Tim helped, but Padma neither used what he provided, or thanked him... Wow, made me look at Padma differently...He names names, really calls people out for bad behavior...

September 21, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. DAWN

I like this guy.

September 21, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. melissa

I will be meeting Tim at an event this weekend. SO EXCITED!!!!

September 21, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  12. mlb

Love, love, love Tim Gunn!! And I agree, he does need his own show again.

September 21, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  13. Rlg

It's so nice to hear the truth rather than all the lies. Tim Gunn is an honest man who tells it like it is. Keep it up Tim!

September 21, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  14. Sarah

I Love Tim! He speaks his mind and knows fashion like the back of his hand.

September 21, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  15. mizh

Tim Gunn's so cool... and to Booorrrring: you misspelled LAVENDER.

September 21, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  16. Traci

Tim is a breath of fresh air. I just finished his book and I'm about to read it again. He tells it like it is, but in such a polished and polite way. It makes you go, "Huh? Ha! He's right!" Love, love, love Tim Gunn!

September 21, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  17. Michael

LOL I love that someone is honest enough to call people on their bs, and this world is bursting at the seams with idiots and their bs. You go Tim. I have even more respect for you now!

September 21, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  18. Nashvilledeb

Fabulous insight Tim! You go, guy! Lordy, if only all the spoiled rotten celebs would listen to him.

September 21, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  19. Brenda Moore

I love you Tim Gunn! You tell it like it is and I thank you sooo much for that. Thanks for being the voice of reason in a business based on fantasy. For us on the outside looking in it's good to know that we're not nuts watching all the craziness. Looking forward to reading your book. Carry on!!

September 21, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  20. Ms.SeeThruYou

Abhorrent? I hope Isaac Mizrachi sues the flaming pants off the pretender to the throne.

September 21, 2010 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
    • mlb

Tim doesn't need to pretend. He is always exactly who he is; articulate, talented, and kind. Anyone who has every watched him would know that. Sorry if honesty is painful.

September 21, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  21. Joan

Go Tim.. Look at you making it work :) Carry on!

September 21, 2010 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  22. DEZI

He has class & style & knows his fashion.We live in a free society - he just tells it like it is.Good for him & good for us.I like him alot ! Work it out !!!

September 21, 2010 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  23. ohthehorror

Why oh why can't Tim Gunn have his own show? There needs to be an antidote to the sycophantic entertainment "news" shows. The only thing worse than people like the waste of space Kardashians being famous is that people like Giuliana Rancic are famous for keeping them in the news.

September 21, 2010 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  24. AnnBChrist

Wow. He gets to talk like that (say it like it is) And still get to keep his job! Tim Gunn is a God!

September 21, 2010 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  25. Brian from Chicago

So we're all agreed – Tim Gunn for President?

September 21, 2010 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  26. luvsthecity

I love that Tim Gunn does not speak down to his audience. He has a love of words and expects people to understand what he is saying (or look it up). I love his commentary and am happy that someone is telling it like it is. I hope his frankness does not get him "excomunicated" from the fashion world (Anna Wintour scares me and I'm not even IN fashion the industry.) Well done, Tim...carry on!

September 21, 2010 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  27. jim

This guy is great. Tim Gunn should be our first gay president. He'd make it work, and use a lot of big words in the process.

And he wouldn't bore Nina.

September 20, 2010 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Tim Gunn Go's to Washington !!

Tim your so absolutely correct all the time, you speak truth and honesty about all the nonsense thats going on in this country......You say it like it is, and call them out on the b.s. that is going on there....Tim you should go to Washington D.C. and fix all the problems there.....I would vote for you even if you are not in my political party.

September 20, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Frank

Love those quotes. <3

September 20, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Guest

Thank Goodness, some one actually is saying what we are all thinking!

September 20, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  31. musiclover45

Love the Gunn - if only we could meet, we would TOTALLY be besties...

September 20, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Chickenhawk

Love you even more now Tim! Can't wait to buy your book.

September 20, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Jen

Smokin Gun! Gotta love him....

September 20, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Queen Bee

Can Tim Gunn be my best friend, please? We could go shopping and to museums and quaint little coffee shops and discuss the meaning of the world and it would be FABULOUS.

September 20, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  35. okwyrose

Just shoot the damn gunn str8 from the hips. I love this, these idiots have now become deities that we have to bow down to. Nice of someone to tell it like it is, especially that vogue woman she always seemed so highhhh to me on tv all the time. Devils.

September 20, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Right On

Are Tim Gunn and Simon Cowell related??? I love their honesty....most of the time I agree with them 100% :)

September 20, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  37. stu

Meow!
    i heard he has a crush on Anderson Cooper but Andy likes them young. .

September 20, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Karol M.

I'd like to kiss him all over. I LOVE Tim Gunn !!

September 20, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  39. zweesch

Tell it like it is, Tim!!! Love your comments!!!

September 20, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  40. mary campbell

Tim Gunn is a gentleman and has a strong moral compass in the wild canyons of the fashion world - Bravo to Tim - he has earned his credibility as an educator, a wise adjudicator and simply a totally charming and warm person! Bring it on, I'll read anything he writes, and there ain't many in the current stream you can say that about. Project would be just another show without him - and I would have to add Michael Kors is also quick witted and provides excellent and spot on commentary –

September 20, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  41. chuck

Class act!

September 20, 2010 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Nate

It's impossible not to like Tim Gunn!

September 20, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Booorrrring

Mr. Blackwell must be rolling in his lavendar lined casket as Mr. Gunn positions himself as the next King of Komedy. Keep sellng Tide Mr. Gunn, at some point folks will figure out your game.

September 21, 2010 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  43. LucysMom

Tell it like it is Tim! You gotta love that man! Buying the book tomorrow.

September 20, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Dave c

Gotta love the honesty
    WTG!Mr. Gunn.

September 20, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  45. JJsMOM

Tim Gunn, you are the BEST!!!! Thanks for telling it LIKE IT IS....

September 20, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  46. mejazzbo

You have to love the Gunn!!!

September 20, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Tom Forster

I love Tim Gunn. If he says it is so... then it is so! Carry on.

September 20, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  48. erin

omg, I LOVE Time Gunn. So glad he is telling it like it is.

September 20, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Shelby

Tim Gunn is fabulous – you go!!!!

September 20, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  50. timtom

Thank you, Tim! It's nice to see someone finally calling "B.S." on all the crazies! Apparently reason is not completely gone from America.

September 20, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  51. not cool

u mad bro?

September 20, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Steven Segal

He and Isaac Mizrachi are scheduled for a 12 round slap fight at Ceasar's.

September 21, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  53. mlb

Why? Are you one of those 'manly men' who is scared to death of anyone who is different. . . or perhaps speaks in terms you don't understand???

September 21, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  54. Rastas

@mlb....you condesending tone makes me want to kick your sorry a$$. This guy thinks he can say anything to anyone and get away with it because people are afraid to ruffle is gay feathers. I'm not.

September 21, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Leslie

Rastas.....You will eventually come out of the closet. It's not nice to hate your own kind.

September 21, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  56. rossmn

Poor RASTAS, the self-hater is getting angry.

September 21, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Rene

@Rastas – spoken like the biggest flamer of all! Only someone trying hard to hide being gay feels the need to bash other gays and threaten "ass kickings." I'm sorry West Virginia isn't kinder to you. Move to California! You'll be happier!

September 21, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Rastas

You're all too funny. Self Hater? That's hilarious. The only thing I hate are flamers like you all talk big on the blogs but face to face, you'll run scared like the little girls you are.

September 21, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  59. RedMeatEater

A scent you're well acquainted with, closet queen.

September 21, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  60. Rene

@RedMeatEater – based on that comment, I know what kind of "red meat" you like eating. Come on out! We'll still love you!

September 21, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |