Tim Gunn: Taylor Momsen is a brat and a diva
September 15th, 2010

Tim Gunn: Taylor Momsen is a brat and a diva

Future “Project Runway” participants, be forewarned: Fool around and waste Tim Gunn's time, and his response will not be pretty.

Gunn, the typically measured host of the Bravo reality fashion design competition, didn’t mince words about his experience working with Taylor Momsen, 17, while he was shooting his guest appearance on The CW's "Gossip Girl."

“What a diva!" Gunn said to E! News of the singer/actress, who plays the wayward Jenny Humphrey on the soapy series. “She was pathetic, she couldn't remember her lines, and she didn't even have that many. I thought to myself 'why are we all being held hostage by this brat?"

Oh, but wait - there’s more. Gunn said that if he were a series regular, Momsen would be in for quite the lecture.

“I'd say, 'You know young lady, there are hundreds of thousands of girls who are just as attractive and even smarter than you. Why are you acting like this show is a huge burden on you?'

According to Gunn, Momsen was “on her phone during every break," and he wanted to tell her, "'If you weren't on your BlackBerry, you can retain this stuff.' "

At one point the director even leaned in to whisper, “'this is day in, day out, my life,’” Gunn said. “She annoyed the entire crew."

Filed under: Celebrities • Gossip Girl • Project Runway • television

1. Tom Leykis

I hope she chokes on a chicken bone.

August 16, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lynn

Someone has to inform these silly and spoiled little girls that they need to be a little more gracious and they are a dime a dozen and can be replaced by someone who would actually appreciate being there! Thank you Tim!

Who is this girl? She looks like a herion addict and is not attractive at all. Does she have any talent?

September 23, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Cherie

TIM GUNN ROCKS! He is smart, refined and the backbone of Project Runway!

September 21, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Floria Sigmundi

This guy should mind his own business

Check out this video on YouTube:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUJ4bL6O3uw&w=640&h=390]

September 16, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Lisa

I work up the street from where they film Project Runway. A few weeks ago I was standing in front of the building when Tim Gunn bounced up the stairs and into the doorway. I yelled "Mr Gunn Mr Gunn" and he whirled around and came back outside. I told him how much I loved and admired him...and he couldn't have been NICER. He was so REAL and personable. I said..."Can I have a hug" and he said "Of course you can! " Like it was the most natural thing in the world. Tim Gunn is a ROCKSTAR!!!!!

September 16, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  6. Ginger

Wow, someone justifiably gets called out on being totally unprofessional, and that's 'mean'? Are you serious?

All I can say is thank God for people like Tim Gunn. There are reasonable people out there!

September 16, 2010 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sarah

And ugly. You forgot ugly, Tim. She looks like she ran face first into a brick wall.

September 16, 2010 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  8. meg

I Love you Tim Gunn!! Thank you for speaking your mind-if only more would do the same. I too am tired of those out there in a VERY priviledged position walking around as if they are entightled to act as they chose. I have felt for a very long time (and I don't know Taylor personally) that she and those like her are talentless and entightled BRATS. Why those around allow this kind of behavior I will never know. If she doesn't wake up soon and act professionally all will be gone, then it will be TAYLOR WHO!! -which would be fine with me. Tired of all the crap presented on TV- tired of all the offerings of those like Taylor. And to those who love Gossip Girl- "Oh I love the show"- give me a friggin break. What's to love mindless, talentless, bratty, brooding people- WOW sign me up to watch!!

September 16, 2010 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  9. Timme62

You would have to wonder by directors and producers put up with stuff like the brat dishes out. It's not like she is a household name or anything. She looks like a cokehead. Go Tim!!

September 16, 2010 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
  10. Skippy

He told his truth - her face spells BRAT.... & "yeam" he was not "MEAN" he was honest & truthful....too bad,so sad

September 16, 2010 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
  11. yeam

I don't know who Tim Gunn is, But he doesn't seem so nice. And I love Taylor, Her style, her music and her acting ( And I so love Jenny Humphry). Maybe I'm just a 16 year old Gossip girl addict , but seriously ,this guy is so mean. There's nothing wrong with Taylor, It's what we teenagers do! Get over Ur self, you old sb ! ( Sry, I really don't know who he is...! )

September 16, 2010 at 5:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Frank

A fashion guru.

September 16, 2010 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
    • mkjp

He seems very nice on project runway. But he tells people like it is. This girl is dripping with brattiness and divatude. It can't possibly be anything worse than total h e l l to work with her!

September 16, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. projectrunwayfan

"Make it work!...."

September 16, 2010 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
  13. Frank

She looks high in that picture. Maybe it's the makeup but can we say cokehead?

September 15, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Anne

Tim Gunn, my second biggest celebrity crush after Jim Parsons. How he manages to maintain humilty and integrity while surrounded by people like Anna Wintour and Taylor Momsen is a mystery to me, but I'm glad he does. Keep it up!

September 15, 2010 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  15. mushymushroom

Momsen is funny, I mean, if someone like Miley Cyrus acts like a diva, I would understand it because she's young and she's REALLY FAMOUS, not that that's acceptable, but cmon, Momsen isn't even worldwide famous! Tim is right, she's pathetic...

And yeah, Tim Gunn rocksssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 15, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Michael

isn't Tim Gunn on Project Runway, which is on Lifetime, and not Bravo?

September 15, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maggie

That's what I thought as soon as I read about PR being on Bravo. The last three seasons (including the current one) have aired on Lifetime.

September 15, 2010 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Baxter

Tim Gunnn, you are my hero!!!

September 15, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Danno

Tim Gunn should have been in The Expendables. He is that badass.

September 15, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  19. sara

I love Tim and his refreshing sense of what's right and wrong! He's not afraid to be honest.

September 15, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  20. chili

I want to adopt Tim Gunn. I love his frankness, and of course, his sense of style.

September 15, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  21. TimGunnROCKS

Yay Tim! You are awesome brother! She's a brat who has no idea how good she has it!

September 15, 2010 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  22. heh

Tim is one awesome son of a Gunn...

September 15, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Fan of Gossip Girl

I don't like her character on the show and if she really is a brat than maybe since her character ran away... should never come back. Don't think anyone will miss her on the show or as a cast of the show. my 2 cents!!

September 15, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Pleat

Go Tim Go! Enough of the teenage primadonnas!

September 15, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Kristin

@Pennagirl and K-I totally agree!!!

September 15, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Kris

I LOVE Tim Gunn

September 15, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  27. K

I've always loved and respected Tim Gunn, but this just solidified it. I am happy that someone in the industry finally has a mind of their own and won't keep quiet just because of the popularity of the one they are working with. Love you Tim! :D

September 15, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Pennagirl

More reason to LOVE Tim Gunn. He's not afraid to tell it like it is, that is refreshing!

September 15, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laurette

le sigh......another reason to love the Gunn!!!

Clearly he has his work cut out for him though....there are a lot of diva brats out there who need this lecture.

September 16, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |