September 12th, 2010
01:06 AM ET
A big part of being at the Toronto Film Festival is interviewing actors and directors about the films they are premiering here. So far, I have chatted with Edward Norton, Milla Jovovich, Clive Owen, David Schwimmer, Ben Affleck, Jon Hamm, Blake Lively, Jeremy Renner and Rebecca Hall. Norton and Jovovich are pushing the intense prison drama, "Stone;" Schwimmer directs Owen in the family drama "Trust;" and the remaining five star in the cops and robbers flick, "The Town," which Affleck also directs.
In general, after a brief mention of the festival and the great city of Toronto, the stars usually dig into their roles and the film's storyline before wrapping up with something a little lighthearted. Here are some fun tidbits I have learned from the stars at the 35th annual Toronto International Film Festival.
– Jeremy Renner cross-dressed for Halloween last year. He was a "slutty bumble bee," complete with high heels.
– Milla Jovovich's role in "Stone" impacted her real life wedding vows. The actress was so impacted by the boring humdrum relationship shared by on-screen co-stars Robert De Niro and Frances Conroy that she and her husband vowed to never let their relationship get boring. How does she plan to accomplish this? "By always keeping a few things mysterious."
– Clive Owen and his wife have a specific set of rules for their daughters' use of the internet. They are not allowed to be on the internet behind closed doors or very late at night. He and his wife also keep track of all of their accounts and passwords.
– David Schwimmer was not a very good flirt in high school. He blames his lack of sexual prowess on being a late bloomer. He also says things got a lot better for him in college.
– Blake Lively confesses that her father is the only man who calls her, "Blake Lovely."
– Jon Hamm says he and girlfriend, Jennifer Westfeldt are not ready to have kids yet, but talk about doing it someday. In the meantime, they are making a new movie together called "Friends With Kids," which is about the impact having children has on different people. Jennifer will direct and star and Jon has a smaller part.
– Ben Affleck says he and Jennifer Garner do their best to balance their Hollywood life and their home life by making sure one of them is always home. He says their ability to stagger their film roles in this way is a real luxury that they don't take for granted.
For more tidbits like these from the Toronto Film Festival keep checking back here or follow me on Twitter @JDCargillCNN.
About this blog
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.