'Jersey Shore': And the winner is... Ronnie
September 10th, 2010

'Jersey Shore': And the winner is... Ronnie

Unfortunately, there wasn't a clear winner of the Sammi-Jwoww fight we’d been dying to watch since last week’s episode. Other than Ronnie, of course, who has successfully managed to have his cake and eat it too.

Jwoww and Sammi definitely gave us a good show though - like “firecrackers in a dumpster,” as Ron put it.

And, despite an almost-fight between Ronnie and Vinny… and then Ronnie and Snooki… and then Ronnie and Jwoww (when she threw what looked like a serving platter at his head), the guy who started it all made it out free and clear.

“Sammi didn’t want to believe Ron was a [expletive],” The Situation said. “Just like when you’re little and you want to believe Santa Clause is alive, but Santa Claus is dead.”

After the fight, Sammi couldn’t stop smiling. “This is probably the best accomplishment that I’ve had in a long time,” she said. What she really meant: I can’t believe Jwoww didn’t kill me.

As Pauly D took us through the kitchen the next morning, we saw hair extensions, fingernails and a half-eaten tuna sandwich on the floor.

Speaking of fingernails… In order to escape what would have been the most entertaining segment of last night’s episode – Jwoww, Ronnie and Sammi in the gelato shop - Jwoww called her boss Enzo to ask for the day off. And by ask, I mean she told him she couldn’t make it to work because she had to get her nails fixed. Legit.

Later that day, during Mike, Vinny and Angelina’s shift, Jose stopped by to give Angelina a present: A Fossil watch. Though Angelina wasn't quite ready to give it up to her Miami fling, Pauly D said it’s only fair that she let Jose “hit that.”

That night, Ronnie and Sammi went to dinner, just the two of them. Ron credited their issues with bringing them closer together, even though it's what tore them apart at first. It's a sentiment even The Situation echoed later on in the episode. How precious.

At the beach the next day, Snooki and Jwoww talked about the fact that Snooki isn’t white. She’s “other” - also known as tan. The self-proclaimed guidette said she actually wrote that on a job application one time, though she didn’t get the job. It was for a tanning salon.

Back at the house, Angelina and Vinny went at it. He called her the “Rob Kardashian of Staten Island,” which really set her off. (The hilarity of this conversation will make complete sense momentarily.)

The roommates headed out that night, and Snooki proceeded to find herself a cute DJ. They danced “like Spanish people,” which from an outsider’s perspective looked absolutely nothing like a Latin dance, but then again, I wasn’t there.

Despite his foreign moves, Snooki decided to bring him home. Thankfully, Jwoww, who spent the night one bed over from the happy couple, offered a play-by-play, although we sadly can't repeat it on this family-friendly blog.

Snooki had so much fun that she invited Dennis the DJ back the next night. After she and Jwoww disinfected the Smush Room, Snooki slathered on lotion and sprayed perfume… everywhere.

Long story short: Dennis’s friend Marco ended up being a grenade; Jwoww made a face at him and he left; then Snooki and Dennis made a beeline for the Smush Room.

Now, back to Vinny and Angelina hating each other...oh, excuse me, I mean making out in the back of a cab. In Pauly D’s words: “Angelina thinks like a guy, so she wants to get laid. Vinny is a guy, so he wants to get laid.”

Before completely turning the other cheek, Pauly made one more attempt at getting Vinny to realize what he’s doing: “Angelina is wide, bro … can we stop so Vinny can buy a Fossil watch?”

The good news? We don’t have to wait until next week to witness the beauty of Angelina and Vinny: The morning-after. Don’t forget to tune in to MTV Sunday night for a new episode of “Jersey Shore” at 7 p.m. ET before the Video Music Awards.

But first, what did you think of last night’s episode?

Post by:
Filed under: Jersey Shore • television • TV recaps

1. WOW

I still can't believe that Sammie thinks she won... Sammie, you really need a reality check and I would love to know how you feel watching all this now...

September 30, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. God

I'm VERY upset that you, my children, discuss this show with each other, much less watch it! Have I taught you nothing in all my years? I guess I'm just going to have to send you all to hell. Let's hope Satan is a better father than I was.

September 17, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. SKY

FACT; THIS IS A PICTURE OF YOUR FUTURE......THE YOUNG PARENTS OF THE WORLD
    NOT JUST IN AMERICA BUT ALL OVER THE WORLD.......

September 13, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jaz

i think Sammi was mad that the girls lied about writing it and because they lied before when Sam asked if they knew it. a true friend would have just cam and talked to you to your face, but yet Jenni and Snooki kept calling her dumb behind her back. if they really cared they should have told her up front what they knew Ron was doing and encouraged her to get out and see miami and help her see she desrves better than that. if she she chooses to ignore then its on her but it wasn't cool how they dogged her for being dumb then lied about the note. idk why girls are like that if Sam was cheating the boys would have told Ron asap! its stupid! I liked Sam the first season but now I think she needs to find herself, you only stay wrapped up in a guy who is shady and mistreats you when u have no self worth. while Jenni and Snooki should not have lied, Sam was wrong for getting mad at them. They could have handled it with more maturity but ultimately they wanted her to know. it was stupid that they fought all together...i think they both should have called out Ronnie for being such an ass, he has totally let his reality fame turn him into an chauvenistic, narcissist douch bag.

September 12, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  5. Carlos Fontes

Man, I love this show!! I don't get all the hate. I'm 24. I go out and drink. I try to get laid. I discuss this later with friends. I also have a job, and school and a family life. One day, I will get older and look back at this time as the best time of my life. I mean, look, the Situation is making 5 million dollars a year while all these folks are judging him and posting negativity on message boards . Hey, school isn't for everyone and he's making do with what he does best. You might not like or agree with it but you can't hate on that. I'm glad these guys are having fun and enjoying their youth. I'm entertained and I have a choice of watching something different than reports on the bad economy or tragedies in the Middle East.

September 12, 2010 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  6. sdgurl420

Damn, I think JWow would have mopped the floor with Sammie's face if all those people weren't there to intervene. BUT she had a clear shot to punch her in the face and she didn't. She pushed her face away with both hands. WACK! And I did clearly see Sammi throw a punch. If it really came down to it one on one, Jenni would woop her ass and everyone knows it, even Sammi. But I like them both. Jenni & Snooki don't understand why Sammi is mad but I think she's mad because they lied about the letter more than actually doing it. They should have just told her straight up how they felt, or minded their own business. Angelina is a slob and the guys are hilarious.

September 11, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ash

Sammi needs self esteem counseling.. Ron is a dogg and treats her like dirt. I think Jwow n Snooki r the bestt.. and the onlt two who are actually true friends to eachother.. except maybe Mike n Pauly

September 11, 2010 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  8. Joelle

I Love Ronnie and Sammi.

September 11, 2010 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  9. jerseyshoreislameisanass

So you took 2 minutes out of your life to comment on a TV show you hate.. why? Same goes to the rest of the bashers here. Go back to your American Idol blogs

September 11, 2010 at 3:28 am | Report abuse |
  10. Javi

Hate...er's!
    Let's get one thing straight, Sam is hot but obviously has self esteem issues and borderline dumb. Jenni is just flat out HOT, so all you dumb ho's please stop hating.

September 11, 2010 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  11. jerseyshoreislame

This show is absolute garbage.

September 10, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Santa Claus

Hey, Mike:
    Visit TheSanta dot IM and become better informed. Santa is NOT dead!
    Blessings to all, Santa Claus

September 10, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. TammyB

Sammi kept telling everyone in the house to let her know what was going on and even though it was kind of cowardly to do so through a letter, when her true friends tell her what Ronnie is doing she doesn't believe them anyway. They should have just kept it to themselves since she ended up letting Ronnie off the hook anyway. I feel sad for her...this situation is bound to repeat itself over and over, with or without the fist/cat fight!

September 10, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sara

This fight was a CLASSIC but I thought a lot more would go down that night but guess not. First off, was it me or did Sammi really think she WON that fight LOOL. Last nights episode was hillarious how she was acting like she won that fight and was victorious! She's the dumbest thing on this planet. She is obviously a very vulnerable girl with no respect for herself or her womanhood. Girls like her need serious HELP It's sad b/c she's not an ugly girl...she can do better then that midget Ronnie. I don't even know what she sees in him, I personally think he's disgusting esp after watching him in action in the beginning of the show. She has no class and it's sad. I wouldn't even look at Ronnie anymore if I was her, did he not think she wouldn't watch the show after it was all DONE? He has no respect for her so she should just give up and let go. And if Sammi reads my post, get over it sweetie, JWOW kicked your as**. Oh and you looked dumb hitting JWOW when she and Ronnie were at it. LMAO

September 10, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • lovey

SO TRUE....sammi did not win that fight! if half the house was not holding jwoww back (and if ronnie wasn't trying to fight her too), and they let her go, she would have physically done to sammi, what's happened to sammi's allowed to happen to her own self esteem = it would be dead.

September 10, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  15. New Yorker

I bet all you NJ trash love this stuff.

BTW rest of the world, this is exactly how the rest of Jersey people are like, it's scary...

September 10, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • CD

As a "New Yorker", you should know that there is only one person on the "Jersey Shore" that is actually FROM New Jersey (and she isn't even from the Jersey Shore...). This is what it looks like when you put a bunch of TRASHY 20-somethings in a house and let them go at it... No matter where they are from.

September 11, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • FYI

@New Yorker.....3 or 4 of the Jersey Shore kids are from New York.

September 11, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • mark

jersey does suck dude and there are a lota guidos but this house is more new yorkers than jersey kids.

September 15, 2010 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  16. I_M_Fletch

JWOWW...WOW you are a fugly, dirty ho-bag!

September 10, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  17. jayson

Jwoww cleArly won that fight beacuse jwoww still got her hits and half the house was holdin her bck while nobdy was holding sammy bck ! And if u look closely ronni pushes jwoww !! And then holds her bck !

September 10, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Billy

So let me understand this correctly: Sammi is more upset at Jenni and Nicole for writing an anonymous note telling her that Ronnie is cheating on her and making her look like an idiot than she is with Ronnie for cheating on her making her look like an idiot.

It's good to be Ronnie.

It feels like one of two things are afoot here. Sammi is interested in saving the relationship with Ronnie at all costs because of self esteem issues OR she just really wants to stay on the show and maintaining a relationship with the guy who's cheated on her on multiple occassions is the only way she can do that.

Either way, the logic she's displaying is the kind that wives who are battered by their husbands use to not leave....."But we really love each other...." "I can see that he's trying to change...." "Nobody understands what it is we have...."

As a father of a young daughter myself, I find that a bit frigtening and sad. I hope I'm effective in teaching my kid to not be in that situation....No pun intended.

September 10, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • McKennie

Not for nuthin...But...Ronnie wasn't even dating Sammi when he was out livin' it up at the bar in the beginning of this season...It was almost weird at how paranoid he got – trying to hide stuff from Sammi, when they weren't even together at that time...

September 10, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  19. V

I hateeeee angelinaaa.. i cannot even look at her ugly witch faceee anymoree ughh.. and i did feel bad for sammi at 1st but now i almost feel insulted by her stupidity as a fellow woman

September 10, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  20. vaf2675

Sammi's stupidity knows no bounds. I agree with vegasgirl J Woww should have killed her just for being so f@&$(n dumb.

The whole Vinny and Angela thing is just plain weird to me.

Oh, and Snooki is so freakin easy it's sad. I pity her boyfriend.

September 10, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erica

What's wrong with you people?? Ya'll must be angry, mean-spirited, NO CLASS people for even THINKING of hurting another person!! What did Sammi do anyways?? Jenni is a bully and is nosy trailer trash...Evil never prevails in the end...and will earn her a reservation in the county jail.

September 10, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • lovey

Sammi is a disgrace to all woman.....that's what she's done. she's a lame, depressed, sorry excuse of a woman and a human being. she doesn't respect herself, she doesn't value herself....and she ONLY had to get outragously upset w/ jwoww and snooki for trying to help her sorry A** so she wouldn't have to face the music with ronnie

September 10, 2010 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  21. joooisy

Wow! Love's it! What a great show. Would love to have the uncut footage.

September 10, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Leelee

I cant believe that Sammi is still with Ronnie. She is a moran!!!! I did however enjoy the left hook she threw at Jwow bc I am sick of hearing this girl threatening to beat everyone up. I think that Angelina should fall off the face of the earth. She is the ugliest thing ever and fake to everyone. Vinny is even worse for touching her! Snooki is my favorite. She gets alot of crap because she is small and outlandish but she is so funny. would love to have her as a friend... Lee<3

September 10, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Iggy

It's spelled "moron", moron. ;)

September 13, 2010 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
    • sanica

SALAM
      Am MissSanica 22yrs from Ethiopia, sorry for my embarrassment to your (marquee.blogs.cnn.com) profile, I was only interested and wanted to know if we can develop a good lovely relationship. I wish if it is the will of God we can move from here. But For better presentation kindly do not count on age,religion,colour even our distance since they don't matter because what matters most is real love. Waiting to read from you direct in my mail address.(sanicasalima@yahoo.in)
      hears from you
      Miss Sanica

September 19, 2010 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Ash

this show is my guilty pleasureee.. loveee it.. snooki is the bestt!!

September 10, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amanda

I know what ya mean!! It's my guilty pleasure too!! I'm embarrassed to admit I watch this show...But it's like a train wreck that ya just can't help to look at!!

September 10, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jason

No, the winner is me, for NOT watching the show.

September 10, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Amen

September 10, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • HoolaAtMe

I second that!

September 10, 2010 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Actually, it's me for not even having a tv. Books and music for the win!

September 10, 2010 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Frank

It's still Jason who wins... how do you watch sports?

September 13, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Mark

Yeah Frank, sounds to me like you kinda lose...

September 15, 2010 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
    • sanica

SALAM
      Am MissSanica 22yrs from Ethiopia, sorry for my embarrassment to your (www.mycougarfling.com) profile, I was only interested and wanted to know if we can develop a good lovely relationship. I wish if it is the will of God we can move from here. But For better presentation kindly do not count on age,religion,colour even our distance since they don't matter because what matters most is real love. Waiting to read from you direct in my mail address.(sanicasalima@yahoo.in)
      hears from you
      Miss Sanica

September 19, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  25. vegasgirl

All I can say is Jenni should have taught that dumb ho a lesson.

September 10, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jamie

What's up with women physically FIGHTING?? It's sooooo trailer park trashy and LOW CLASS!! However, I felt Sammi had every right to fight back the beastly DRAGON LADY (aka Jenni).

September 10, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • reem

it's an okay show... but no doubt every single one of them is trash.

September 12, 2010 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |