Carrie Underwood: Marriage is a lot like dating
September 10th, 2010

Carrie Underwood: Marriage is a lot like dating

The honeymoon is over for Carrie Underwood – in fact, it feels like she never even said "I do."

That's because being married "is a lot like dating," Underwood told Women's Health magazine for their October issue.

"Sometimes our schedules will click, sometimes they won't," said the 27-year-old country queen, who wed Ottawa Senators hockey star Mike Fisher, 30, in July. "But that's good because we're both independent."

However, Underwood revealed that the couple do squeeze in plenty of quality time at Fisher's hockey games in his native Canada.

"I love going to games, cheering for my man," the season 4 "American Idol" champ gushed. "When I come home, I'm accused of picking up the [Canadian] accent."

In her downtime, the busy entertainer behaves just like any other typical newlywed. "I'd sleep in a little, work out, do laundry, run errands, buy presents for people with birthdays coming up," Underwood said. "I like it when I don't have to be anywhere, and anything to do is my choice."

1. No Way

lots of fun..nope

January 26, 2013 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. peacemonger

divorced within 5 years

January 26, 2013 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sean Jon

Right here is the right web site for anyone who hopes to find out about this topic. You know a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a brand new spin on a topic that has been discussed for ages. Wonderful stuff, just great!

January 26, 2013 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. abigail

I wish carrie a happy marig and good luck with the baby. merry christmas carrie

December 29, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Kayla

I'm 20 years old, much younger than Carrie Underwood, but I don't feel like my marriage is going to end any time soon because I'm young and "fantasizing". In fact, divorce is not even in my vocabulary, because frankly, marriage is something that's forever. You pick the right guy the first time and you and your spouse make it work unless there are some very bad situations going on in the home. My parents have been married for 30 years and have never gotten a divorce or separated. I learned from them that when the going gets rough, you keep on going no matter what. You make yourself fall in love with your spouse everyday, and in that way, the "fantasy" truly can never end. The reason why so many people are getting divorces is because this is a selfish generation and" me" comes before "us" always, but I get sick of people telling me that marriage is hard and blah, blah, blah! Go work on your own marriage and stop caring so much about other peoples lives. If people wanted marriage advice then they'd go to a licensed counselor. Carrie Underwood is still a person. Even though she has money, her marriage is still going to be hard. Support her, don't dump on her.

November 9, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Karen

I think this is a very unrealistic viewpoint here. Clearly someone must be living in a fantasy world to think of Mike Fisher as a 'star' player.

September 21, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. SKY

FACT: I THINK ALL NEWLYWED SHOULD BE WARNEDS, MARRAGE IS NOT EASY. SOON HER
    FANTASY WILL BE OVER SHORTLY.

September 11, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  8. Maureen

@JJ I think you missed the point of what these ladies were trying to say....ask Carrie in 18 or 30 years what it takes for a marriage to "really" work. Of course she's still a newlywed who's young, rich and happy. We know that. And by the way I'm not bitter or jealous...I've been married for 13 years and still am happy AND in love!!! But the work never stops...it has to be intentional. If the work stops, eventually the marriage ends. I don't think these ladies want bad things to happen to Ms. Underwood so much as offering some advice about the hard work that life and love in general takes to be successful.....

September 11, 2010 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  9. JJ

She's not daydreaming about a marriage fantasy. She's a newlywed. I'm sure that concept is long forgotten for those of you who are stuck in a loveless marriage and are so unhappy and bitter that you have to write about how a young woman who's been married for a very short time is "daydreaming" because she's happy. She has money, she's a newlywed, she's happy, she's not an idiot. And Hudson, maybe you'd be doing a little more than "barley" making your payments if you could learn how to spell (it's "you're in a fairytale" not "your" – there's a difference between you are and something that belongs to you.) Try not to be bitter, ladies. It's okay for someone else to be happy.

September 10, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Samantha

I don't hate Carrie Underwood by any means, and I do think she is tremendously talented and beautiful. But she is still very young and although I wish her the best, she seems to be daydreaming about this whole marriage fantasy. I have to agree with the others who wrote b/c it's easy to tell everyone what you think about marriage, when the truth is she doesn't live in the real world like the rest of us.... money is no object to her and probably never will be. But marriage takes work no matter how rich or poor you are. And although it's true that two people should have their own separate interests, you're playing a dangerous game when you're gone for months at a time on tour. And he's busy too. A lot of marriages crumble simply b/c careers and schedules drive people apart. Fair is fair...true story.

September 10, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  11. K Hudson

That is because when you have different scheuldes and your not together all the time you have time to miss eachother and not get on eachothers nerves. Plus when you have a lot of money it makes life easier your a minority in this world.try working 8-5 with kids and the stress of barley making payments because of the bad economic situation. then comment on marriage. Your in a fairytale world, lucky you princess.

September 10, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. lEENA

I was thinking more of talk to me in 12 months !...lol

September 10, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Tina

Talk to me in 18 years........

September 10, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |