Newark mayor: Snooki needs an intervention
September 9th, 2010

Newark mayor: Snooki needs an intervention

It looks like Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi  is still having a little trouble staying on the right side of the law.

Newark, New Jersey mayor Cory Booker launched into a (basically one-sided) Twitter dialogue with Snooki Wednesday, taking her to task for appearing to text while driving.

Snooks tweeted, “Ugh stuck in newark traffic is no fun," and Booker wrote in response, “Snooki! I'm the mayor where R U so I can give u a ticket 4 texting & driving we needs revenue!”

But the pickle-loving star didn’t stop there. She followed up with another tweet: “Omg why I got a stick shift I will never know. Stop and go traffic I'm killen myself here."

Mayor Booker, however, had no sympathy. He tweeted in response to a follower who inquired whether or not Snooki's heard of Oprah Winfrey's "No Phone Zone" pledge,  “Definitely going 2 tell @Oprah on her. @sn00ki needs an intervention."

Filed under: Celebrities • Jersey Shore • television

1. Nachosmom

That is how stupid she truly is; texting while driving and admitting it? She needs more than an intervention, she just needs to go away. Pathetic.

September 10, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. joe

Boss, de plane!!!!

September 10, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  3. squelch

Snooki needs a slap on the head

September 10, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Raving Lunatic

I'll take care of that tonight as I'm gagging her throat.

September 10, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  4. Willie12345

Snooki is really Bin Laden, after some serious cosmetic surgery.

September 10, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  5. Raving Lunatic

Me and my bro's take turns on this chick every Friday night. She gave me the clap a couple weeks ago.

September 10, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  6. alumette

We certainly appear to lower our standards a little more everyday as to what we want to see as entertainment. I fail to get the picture on that obese and low IQ woman. Who is she ? what does she do? another Paris Hilton without the money and "pedigree" but in the same category in terms of indulging in booze and drugs. Way to go people.

September 10, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  7. tc1959

A pig with lip stick I think.

September 10, 2010 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  8. Lisa L

I completely agree with Ash.. I love this show and everyone is just jealous.. Snooki is a cute and funny grl!!

September 10, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  9. Ashh

I feel like everyone on here gets a kick out of ridiculing her yet in reality if the opportunity arose for u to be on some sort of reality tv show n make a name for yourself.. you would! I find the show to be highly entertaining and FYI.. these people are not all Italian.. jenny is mostly Irish.. Snooki is chillean.. Ronnie is part PR and Angelinas last name is Pivarnick.. hmm not Italiann to mee.. and they are from NJ, Staten Island, Upstate.. etc.. If you are going to comment them please know what u are talking aboutt!

September 10, 2010 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  10. Vicious

actually, only ONE of them is from jersey. the rest are all the best new york city has to offer.

September 10, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  11. Natch

Snooki doesn't need an intervention.....she needs a swift kick in her big butt!! Don't worry, we'll have a surgical team standing by for whoever wants to try, just in case your foot gets stuck up there!! EEEK!!

September 10, 2010 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
    • oh really

Spare your body parts and spare the medical team... get a taser and just let it rip.

September 10, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  12. Jim Caratenuto

She, like the rest of her cast mates are losers...MTV seems to glorify everything that makes this country wrong..teen pregnancy, drinking, fighting...Our role models are drunk losers! How nice!

September 10, 2010 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  13. Ballz

Take off your top you lush

September 10, 2010 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  14. ken

I'll bet her parents are so proud of her..

September 10, 2010 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
    • ryu

Unfortunately, money talks. Then again, it depends on whether she gives her parents a piece of the pie or not.

September 10, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  15. Larry

Why doesn't the mayor actually say.."yes snookie we will stop daytime construction and only work at night" or "snookie I'm stuck too, traffic is horrific"? Guess it's called if it's true, use smoke n mirrors.

ps, show is great but only watch it because it's a "situation" hahah

September 10, 2010 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  16. BEE

Elizabeth that's a good one - if Sesame Street does a live human version of their show she could be Miss Pigggy - love that !!!! she actuaaly does look like her ! this is making my day !

September 10, 2010 at 6:07 am | Report abuse |
  17. Elizabeth H. Dawson

Don't you think she looks alot like Miss Piggy.

September 10, 2010 at 5:25 am | Report abuse |
  18. deepwater805

Snooki gives new meaning to the words: humpity humpity humpity, bangity bangity bangity.....

September 10, 2010 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
  19. B-Dog

That mayor and Oprah can both S**k a big one.... Want people to stop texting and driving?? HIRE ME A FREAKING DRIVER!

September 10, 2010 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  20. Michelle

You want to know what's wrong with our society? You only have to look as far as the people that watch this kind of trash.

September 10, 2010 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  21. mmb1972

Snooki needs to find a new hairstyle and a new mouse hole to crawl into. Again, why is CNN covering this crap, and why am I clicking on the story except to express my disgust?

September 9, 2010 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Skippy

Wanna-be celebs like "Snookie" should crash and burn while texting and driving.
    Good God Enough Already!

September 9, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  23. WOOF

Ya I heard crabs wouldn't even jump on that!

September 9, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Steve

Whatever I would totally go out with her!!!!!

September 9, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  25. sopho6971

She's a "snooki" all right.

September 9, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  26. fangi

Both snookie and the mayor are idiots...

September 9, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  27. BW

14:51, 14:52, 14:53...

September 9, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jerv

LOL! Too funny! Please hit fast forward to the part of her life when she blows up into the giant blueberry girl in Willie Wonka. and roll her big fat rotund butt off the stage.

September 10, 2010 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  28. George in Toronto

She needs to experience some kind of drive-by reform school thingey, and totally captured on tape.

September 9, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Ginny

This so called celebrity doesn't even fit on the D list. And her lawyer throwing out how she cares for animals, and she almost finished getting her tech license, in what? Give me a break. The only animals she cares for are the other drunken swills she hangs with on that so called show she's on. Hope she saves those paychecks she is getting because when she has to head back to NY and home she is going to need it for rehab. If I was a resident of Jersey I would be putting pressure on those that grant the permits to the company filiming this show to prevent them from continuing. They are an insult to all of Jersey.

September 9, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  30. bam

boobs

September 9, 2010 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  31. MARKC

Nice mayor! "Snooki! I'm the mayor where R U so I can give u a ticket 4 texting & driving we needs revenue!” we needs revenue huh? what a class act he is too, i cant possibly believe their mayor could be as stupid as the cast of that damn show, but hey who knows

September 9, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Stefan

I don't care for Jersey Shore, or any of the talentless people on the show, but I think Ms.Polizzi should have seen something like this coming.
    Maybe they should just cancel the show altogether?

September 9, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hmm

Dream on. That won't happen because of the many people who watch the show. As long as idiots exists, this show will keep running. Sorry.

September 10, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  33. Amanda

well no she doesn't! you know who really really needs it..........LINDSAY LOHAN, AND THE REST OF HER FREAKSHOW FAMILY!!!

September 9, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  34. alex

This girl needs help. I'm on the Mayor's side. Intervention please! And someone cancel that wretched show! Is this what our society has come to? Anyone who says this show is great needs a reality check. The show could be called "OOMPA LOOMPAS OF NEW JERSEY"
    One of them isn't even FROM Jersey!

September 9, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Do Right

This is news?

September 9, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Chris

I luv this chick. She makes me laugh. I know she is a reality star and she's really orange but I think she has a good heart.

September 9, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Steve-O

Nookie doesn't need an intervention, unless it's on make-up tips!

September 9, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  38. LTJ

I heard at her court hearing in Seaside Heights she had a body-guard & 6 police officers escorted her into the courthouse - for a D list celebrity ??? if you can even call her one. Geeze......

September 9, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sherri

I understand your point, exactly. But, it just magnifies they type of people watching this D list show.

September 10, 2010 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |
  39. Negrito

HUH!! WHAT??

September 9, 2010 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  40. travis

someone please cancel that STUPID show! She is not above the law....an orange jumpsuit wld match wonderfully with her orange fake spray tan skin...ugh! What a waste of TV...and shame on MTV for putting her and the rest of those inbred wanna be's on TV for teens to look-up too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 9, 2010 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Um

You do realize they are all in there late twenties

September 9, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Fly on the wall

Fortunatelyy we have imbeciles like Um to point out the...what exactly are you pointing out, moron?

September 9, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  41. tevii

Who the F cares about that ugly a$$!!!!!! Seriously. Let the troll enjoy her limelight while she has it

September 9, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  42. NM122WG

Who is this person and who gives a rats a$$?

September 9, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • BUBBLES

She is an awesome human being! How dare you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 9, 2010 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Natch

"She is an awesome human being! How dare you!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This.....from someone named BUBBLES. Yeah.......

September 10, 2010 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  43. Mike

she looks unclean.just my opinion

September 9, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Jay Kay

Who seriously has the time of day for that hobgoblin?

September 9, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sherri

True, very true. But then I have to ask who seriously has the time of day to twitter mindless cr*p like this? Hmm...well, Snooki, of course.....and the Mayor, obviously. NJ? Figures.

September 10, 2010 at 4:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Thomas

Thank you for the brilliant use of the word hobgoblin. Made my day.

September 10, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  45. Lala

Leave snooki alone please! She's only human

September 9, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • DiLo

Human? I could have sworn she was an Oompah Loompah

September 9, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anonymous

was a time when the really pretty people got to be on TV, then you got air time if you had something important to say–I see all that's over now

September 9, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • MikeB

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, Snooki.

September 9, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • DPLJLB

She's a stain.

September 9, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • SiameseCats

She meant to say Snooki was BARELY human

September 9, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

She is human and she's done absolutely nothing to deserve the attention she has. She makes more money than most doctors and every teacher and for what? Getting drunk and embarrassing herself in public. Shame on MTV for putting this crap on the air and shame on everyone who watches it. "Idiocracy" is coming to pass.

September 10, 2010 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |