AXE 'reviewing' T.I. promotions
September 9th, 2010

AXE 'reviewing' T.I. promotions

Before his arrest on suspicion of drug possession, T.I. was making a solid comeback from a brief prison stint stemming from weapons charges. He's starred in a box-office success, dropped chart-scaling hits and has also been spotted in a promotion with AXE, the company behind some of those saucy ads for hair and body products.

But since his arrest, AXE has said they’re “reviewing” their relationship with the rap star.

In a statement to CNN, the company explained that they partnered with T.I. “earlier this year for a promotional campaign” because they were “encouraged that the entertainer was working to become a more positive role model for others.”

But, the statement went on, “We are troubled by this arrest.” Out of a need to “preserve the legal process,” AXE said they would comment at a later time if necessary, but “In the meantime, we are reviewing our promotional activities.” The company added, "AXE is committed to respecting and upholding the law and promoting a positive image to consumers."

When reached for comment, T.I.’s rep said that the artist “had fulfilled his obligations to AXE shortly after the concert and prior to his arrest."

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Latrice

Im a big fan too. but its like u did all that talking . talking about kids need too change there etc... but T.I gotta work on himself before anyone else. no one perfect not even axe so dont judge no one if u cant judge urself. love ya T.I

October 21, 2010 at 4:17 am | Report abuse |
  2. Frank

AXE is interested in 'promoting role models'?! Excuse me, but isn't this the same company that sells their products by promoting a misogynistic caveman sort of 's@xuality'? Pa-leeze!

September 10, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  3. MsLady74

TI is so NOT nor should EVER be considered a role model for anyone! But, The company added, "AXE is committed to respecting and upholding the law and promoting a positive image to consumers." ...... HAAAAAAAAA! A few sentences ago the article stated "the company behind some of those saucy ads for hair and body products." It's ok for the company to promote LUST and it's NOT ok for TI to promote DRUG USE?????? WOW, what a WONDERFUL world we live in!!!!

September 10, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  4. brownie1

THEREFORE this makes TI FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 10, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  5. Felicia Alfiche

T.I. is so kool i like him!!! I luv how he rapps or sings !!! OMG so kool n cute

September 10, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  6. CECE

If you want to play,you have to pay !!

September 10, 2010 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
  7. Armando Ucles

I'm so sick of that term "role model". There are no such things as role models. Even worse, it puts people who are in the public eye into a much unrealistic pedestal. T.I. was never and will never be a role model but he is an inspiration to those who want to achieve his level of success. It's sad to see this happen to him and I am a big fan of his.

September 9, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |