Whoopi Goldberg on losing her mother
September 8th, 2010

Whoopi Goldberg on losing her mother

As the hosts of “The View” launched into another season this morning, Whoopi Goldberg shared some sad news. It turns out the 54-year-old host’s mother passed away on August 29 after suffering a stroke, according to the Los Angeles Times.

"My brother and I were very, very lucky to have her in our lives," Goldberg said during the show, "so I'm not sad, because she had a great time."

Her mother "was a great adventure person, so she loved to go on adventures and my brother and I made sure that her life was full and rich," she added.

But, Goldberg admitted, that doesn’t mean she’s not still dealing with residual pain.

"I think I'm just sad sometimes that I think, 'Who will love me the way that she did?' But I realize that my brother and I have each other and so we're OK,” she said.

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. loose weight,exercise for weight loss,new weight loss,running for weight loss,weight loss after pregnancy,weight loss management,weight loss stories,center for medical weight loss,guaranteed weight loss,calories for weight loss,pcos weight loss,weight los

I feel that is among the such a lot vital information for me. And i am happy studying your article. However wanna remark on few basic issues, The website taste is ideal, the articles is in point of fact great : D. Just right activity, cheers

April 4, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. carol anne

dear whoopie iam so so sorry to hear of your great loss . your mother . my heart is hurting for you an the family. . she will always be in your heart . may GOD watch over you n the family . an trust in GOD . may GOD bless you n the family . an may your mother rest in piece . my thoughts n prayers are always with you n yours

September 11, 2010 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  3. Leah

Having lost my grandmother, on May 28th, 2010 I understand your loss as well as the celebration of the fact they are not suffering anymore. We will miss them and feel the emptiness their passing has left us. Take care and God Bless you and your brother.

Leah

September 10, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Linda

I lost my Mother nine years ago and it still hurts a great deal. I am sorry for your loss.
    I find comfort in remembering the precious moments that we shared, as well as, the wisdom that she gave me.
    May the CREATOR give you grace and peace always...

September 9, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  5. maxie

Truth of the matter is that no one will ever love you like your mother did, but that doesn't mean her love isn't still with you.

September 9, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Kim From Phil

Ms. Goldberg I just want to say I know what you are feeling. I had to let my mother go home on Nov. 27,2009. I have you and your family in my prayers. There is not a day go by that ,I wish I could talk to her. I miss her so much. God bless you and your family.

September 8, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  7. CANDI

I:am sorry about the lost of you're mother, my mother died almost 15 yrs ago and I miss her so much I wish she was with me now when I really need her the most right now, my dad died about 5 yrs ago so I really fell like a orphan, even thou I have a brother and sister they are not speaking to me. anyway God Bless you and you're family;;

September 8, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Robert Meek

My late mama once said "No one will love you like your mama does." She was right. I knew mama was declining fast, end-stage CHF. I still, even being a RN, was not ready for it. Father gone 1.5 years earlier, with mama gone, deep inside I regressed to a small boy, and heard myself crying "I want my mama!" knowing that although she was with me in spirit, would always love me, and I would one day rejoin her, she was no longer there, for me to phone or visit. She once said to me, "You might disappoint me; you might even hurt my feelings, deeply, but do you know that there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that you can do, that will ever make me turn my back on you? And that so long as there is breath in my body, and a roof over my head, you have a place to come to, and call home!?" I knew. I told her so. Losing that left me feeling utterly lost. I was 30 days shy of my 41 birthday when she died. Although it has lessened, I still miss her 12 years later, and always shall. Remember Whoopie, she is still loving you, and always shall love you.

September 8, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Connie Reeves

Absolutely no one will ever care about you like your mama...know that and protect your precious memories!!!! May God keep you through these difficult times because you are truly going to need him!

September 8, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Cdpf of Norfolk, VA

Whoopi, my heart and prayers goes out to you in this time of tragedy. Keep your Mom in your thoughts. God bless you and your family!

September 8, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. queenie Massey

Whoopie, You and your brother have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother. keep living your life the way your mother loved you, and your brother, because you are so right, no one will ever love you the way your mother did. You will never find true love like hers in a husband, male friend, or even a best girl friend. I know what you mean, because my mother was my best friend, she always spoke the truth to me when ever i asked for her advice. never sugar coating anything. The same way your mother gave you true love, i'm quite sure you will pass it on to your daughter, and grandchildren. God bless you, and thanks for the memories.

September 8, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Pat

Whoopi, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

September 8, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. SmartAlex

I can't believe half the posts here. "I know how you feel" "trust in Jesus" "read the bible [insert passage here] and it will guide you." First of all, Whoopie Goldberg is not reading these posts, second, no one, not even someone who lost their mother in exactly the same way knows how she feels. Period. In fact, no one knows how anyone else feels when they lose someone, loved or not loved, so quit saying you know how she feels, you don't.

September 8, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Whoopi Goldberg

I do check these comments.... all the time! How dare you lol

September 8, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Belinda A. Simpson

Whoopi,
    I'm so sorry to hear the loss of your Mother.
    My heart goes out to you and your brother. I just lost
    my Mother almost 2 month's ago. May you and your brother find
    comfort in all the wonderful memories you have of her. I'm a big fan and
    always will be. Keep a smile on your face and a song in your heart:):):)
    To God Be the Glory!!!! LOVE YA:):):) "B."

September 8, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Lone Cowgirl

I envy your relationship with your mother Whoopie and I also envy those of you who responded to her sad news about stories and thoughts of your mothers. Mine doesn't love me and never did. As a matter of fact she told me more than once how she wanted to get rid of me when she found out she was pregnant. However, I still love her even though I don't like her and I know I would miss her when she dies in spite of the things she has done to me all of my life. It is definitely a bond no matter if it is lined with silk or barbed wire. My sympathies to you and your family.

September 8, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Cranberry

Losing my mother was the hardest thing I've experienced so far in my life. It's been two years, and I'm still sad, even though I know she's in a better place. It gets easier, and remembering the fun times helps too :).

Prayers for you, and your brother, Whoopi.

September 8, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Betty

My heart goes out to you and your brother Whoopi, I am sorry for your loss. There is a feeling of detachment from the universe when you lose your Mother – but it will not last. Be well.

September 8, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Lovin'Whoopie

Celebrate her life! Live like it's your last day.

September 8, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Frances

I lost my father a few years ago and the pain is still there. I guess it always will be, but I am blessed to have had him in my life for all those years. I think about him everyday. God bless you Whoopie and your family.

September 8, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  20. NeNe

Whoopi, sorry for your loss. It is the single hardest thing we have to deal with Providing that it is the natural order(parents leaving their children). When I lost my mom, I thought it was the end of my world – the physical pain was so great. Time is our best friend and we learn to appreciate life all the more.

September 8, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  21. johnsonj3

Whoopie, God will take care of you and your famliy, I lost my mother at a early age I still cried for her in time I know she would tell me what to do. Just keep her memories alive and it's okay to cried when every you want. God Bless.

September 8, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Mel

Whoopi....I am truly sorry for your loss. Keep love and faith in your life and heart. You will see your precious mother again someday.

September 8, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Pat

So sorry about your Mom. I lost my Mom just over a year ago, we do survive but it is not very easy. Just keep in mind you will be together again.And keep busy.(like you don't). You have been one of my favorite people forever. God bless you and your's.

September 8, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Kayten

My thoughts are with Whoopi and her brother ... I lost my mother suddenly four years ago and it's still the hardest thing I've ever had to go through. I was young, but no matter how old you are, losing your mother is traumatic because there's no way to even remotely replace someone that important in your life. Find strength in the memories, it's the best thing you can do. – Kayten

September 8, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Kris

Whoopi, I am so sorry for your loss. I dread the day I lose one of my parents but it is eventually going to happen. Death is a part of life and I am thankful for my family every day. I cherish my parents and I have alot of love in my life. Sisters, niece, nephew, etc. Appreciate every person you love since they may be gone in a split second. I am starting to have faith and learn how God works and I can assure everyone, it helps.

September 8, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Ken Keim

Whoopi; God bless you and your family! You have entertained me for many years with laughs, drama, and many other roles. You're just "good people"! Appreciate your talents and give you my best!

September 8, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Paul

Whoopi, we love you.
    It's not easy losing a mother, but you'll see her again.
    May her memory be eternal!

September 8, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  28. The_Dude

She makes a living hurling personal insults to people she doesn't like. Personally I am glad her mother is dead I hope it was painful and messy and tramatic.

September 8, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • NeNe

It is one thing to be mean about her, but her dead mother!!! wow. Spend your time learning grammar and how to spell instead of spewing crap.

September 8, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Laura

She could not have said it better -that is what I miss the most:my mothers love,patience & understanding. No one will ever love me like my mom. Peace & blessings !

September 8, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Karen

I am so sorry for your loss. My mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer over 4 years ago, and is with us still. I am so thankful. But I know the day will come when she leaves us, and that I am going to miss her so much. I can not imagine her not being here.
    Thoughts and prayers to Whoopi and her brother.

September 8, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  31. To WOW

But only 2 trolls in a very long thread of comments. Thank you to those who had to class to back off and save their rude comments for a more appropriate time.

September 8, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Culbrz

As so many others have stated, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's been just over 4 years since I lost my beautiful and special mother. I take great comfort in the fact that I was her fulltime caregiver for the final 2 1/2 years. As she began to transition to another journey I got to be there with her at every turning point, challenge and adventure. I love her as much today as I ever did. She is the light within my soul. My smile is a little brighter for having known her and having known that she gave and showed love in ways that can't be described. I'll pray for you and your family.

September 8, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Mary

Sorry for your loss. I lost my mother in February of this year and everyday I still want to grab the phone and call her just to hear her voice. It is very hard to lose a mother.

September 8, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  34. F. Johnson Greenville, TX

Sorry for your lost. God bless you and your family.

September 8, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Richard T

Dear Whoopi, I lost my own mother over 27 years ago, and her spirit still resides with me. Please accept my sincere condolences on your loss. I always tell my friends who still have their parents to honor them and make them happy all of the days of their lives. I know that you have done this, so in this time of your sorrow, you have no regrets like me. I'm sure that in addition to loving her, you always made her laugh, like you've always done for us. Thank you for that, there is way too little laughter in the world today.
    Kind Regards, Richard T.

September 8, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Betty Asmann

So sorry for your loss. She must have been a wonderful mother because she raised a wonderful daughter and she lives on in you. Make her proud!!!

September 8, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Shawn

Whoopi, I love you so very much! Losing my mother is my greatest fear, so I can only imagine what you are experiencing. Whoopi darling, you mean a great deal to me even though we've never met. Keep it strong and keep it real! I know you always will. love ya all the way!

September 8, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  38. mario

Its sad but so what! I lost myt mother years ago and I nevergot any press on it! What makes this overratedd slob any better than anyone else! I will answer that for you...NOTHING!

September 8, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard T.

Your mother was probably be very happy to finally have ridden herself of you. How could you possibly be so cruel with your words. I suspect that you are a very unhappy individual. I will pray for you.

September 8, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Margarita Prieto

My condolences Whoopie. My mom died July 30 and I am having a difficult time to accept the fact that she is not with us anymore. I miss her a lot and I am having a very hard time to accept her death.

September 8, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  40. jt

Whoopi, just to say my thoughts and prayers are with you and your famliy. I lost my mom this past Mother's Day, and the pain is still very raw. i am glad that I, along with my family were there till the very end for her as well us. God Bless.

September 8, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Marcia H

So sorry for your loss. I know she'll live on in your heart, Whoopi. Jason4020: You're a heartless moron.

September 8, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  42. alex

Sad indeed and sobering. But how refreshing it is to read some genuine concerned (sad that someone has to die to get positvity these days) posts on the internet? SO SO rare!

September 8, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Barbara

Whoopie – Your mother was an amazing woman. My children were in her class at the Hudson Guild, and I remember her joy, her enthusiasm, her encouragement, her love. She will not be forgotten by anyone who ever met her. I also remember you helping out in her classroom every once in a while.

You are both beautiful, strong, wise women. Your mother will live on through you, your daughter and your grandbabies. She will witness everything you do and become and accomplish for the rest of your life. And her love for you will never end.

September 8, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  44. justme33

The pain of losing a mother is excruciating. I lost my mother to cancer when I was 13 years old...my father has never been in my life, so when I lost her I lost both parents you could say. To this day at 27 years old, I don't ever go a day without thinking of her! My prayers are with you!

September 8, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Syl

I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish I had a mother and be that lucky to have the love you both share all those years. I have a mother and it's like she's don't even exist. Mean and dry person is what she is. I always admired you as a human being and entertainer. Keep being you and doing what you do.

September 8, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jackie

Although my mother's death wasn't a surprise, I fought back tears for months afterward. For more than a year they welled up unexpectedly any time, any place, including work and the grocery store. Time and tears are great healers.

September 8, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  47. J. perez

I am sorry for your loss and you and your family have my prayers. I also lost my mom on September 1st.

September 8, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  48. tonie

My Deepest Condolences, Losing your Mom is not easy. But You, have proven that you are a strong woman. There will always be avoid, Now you have an angel from heaven you. To watch over you and your brother. Have ALWAYS LOVED your work. God Bless.

September 8, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  49. AshannaK

Whoopi: You will see your Mother again...and the pain will get easier. Just think how proud she is of you, how she's watching you, and how good a hug will feel when you reunite. And as she watches you from the comfort of her cloud, continue to make her proud. I shall pray for you.

September 8, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Don Derrick

Whoppie....As someone who lost there mother almost a year ago, the pain does get eaiser....There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about my mum, but I know she is in heaven keeping a watch over my sister and I.....I miss her everyday and will NEVER forget her.....Stay strong....Love to you and your family......

September 8, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Pat Wilson

Whoopi, my deepest sympathy for your loss. My condolences to You and your family. Stay strong because it's very hard losing someone with a love that's like no other. Your memories of her will see you through until you meet again.

September 8, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Shirley

Whoopie, I know it's hard to grasp the concept that it's the natural process, but through it all, you gave her flowers while she lived. Be consoled and know that undoubtedly, the universe is unfolding as it should. Much love!

September 8, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  53. latonya green

Dear whoopi sorry for your loss may god bless you and your brother and other family members:

September 8, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  54. Jennifer Munoz

whoopie sorry for your loss,I know it must be very hard knowing that your mom not only mom also your best friend passed away..pray for her as much as you can! But remember mothers will always live on in our hearts,remember about the good things &happy moments you lived by her side.. She will be standing by your side for the rest of your life until you's meet again,she is now you're guardian angel and she's going to be there watching over you &your family....my condolences to you and your family.. May God Bless Her Soul &May She Rest In Peace

September 8, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  55. RS

Whoopi my heart goes out to you. I know it's tough losing a parent, because I watched my mom lose her father two years ago to cancer. But you're doing the right thing, by remembering all of the good things about her and the life you had with her. I sit there sometimes with my mom, or her sisters and talk about what a funny guy my grandfather was. It's always best to think of them in the best light, if they're a good person. My grandfather lives on through all of us, and we will never forget how much fun, and loving he truly was. You'll be alright, because I know you're strong.

September 8, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  56. Mike from KC

So sorry to hear that. Whoppi, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
    My you find comfort in the memories you have of her.

September 8, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  57. D.R.

Much Love to you Whoopi. Remember through Love we are never separated.
    For God is Love and Love is real.

September 8, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  58. Carole

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your Mother. My prayers are with you and your Brother. God Bless you Whoopi.

September 8, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  59. jermaine long

My prayers are with u and your family

September 8, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  60. E. Yvonne

Whoopi, I lost my mom 19 years ago and still miss her sometimes. I am sorry to read that you and your brother have to grieve the loss of your mom but I am so happy to have read you both had the wisdom to love her up while she was alive. P.S. I love you on the View

September 8, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  61. bes

The best description of a life I have ever heard, she loved to go on adventures, bravo for her. And you are right no one will love you like your mom, you were lucky to be raised by such a great person. May god bless you and your family during this time. Like you ,I have a wonderful mom and would miss her terribly.

September 8, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  62. Connie Morrison

The loss is complete emptiness. . . one you will thankfully only experience once. i lost mine 2 years ago this coming November. i found myself longing for ultimately the one person that i called or depended on before making any important decision. no clue that i consulted her opinion on everything until she was no longer there. what i am saying is the peace you will find will take a while. you will find it in just how much Of you is your mama. so when you miss her so badly. . . close your eyes and give yourself a hug. her spirit is bound with yours i promise. you will find peace within you.

September 8, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  63. jm

also, glad to read all others comments and know i have some of the same feelings others do since losing their moms/dads. whoopie, my daughter just got her license, when she is coming up on a stop light we think of you in "corina corina" if the light starts to turn yellow we yell "corina corina!" and blow at the light! just thought that would give you a laugh :)

September 8, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  64. Cassandra

Whoopi, I lost my mom on 8/28/10...hard is an understatement...we will get through this. May God Bless you and yours.

September 8, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  65. Marilyn

My heartfelt condolences 2 you, your brother. and your family.. Earth has no sorrow, that Heaven cant heal. You all are officially blessed, protected by your personal Angel. Be blessed...

September 8, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  66. Bill

Whoopi, I lost my Mother this past May and know exactly what you are going through. Nobody can love you the way your Mother does, and like you I have a wonderful sister and brother, so together we will get through this. God Bless.

September 8, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  67. jm

whoopie so sorry for the loss of your mommy. it's been six years since i lost my mom, very hard still but i feel her strong presence in me, some good days some bad. But her love is very strong, lost my dad four years ago, feel like an orphan without my mom and pop, but learning how to deal with it all. thinking of you and sending you strength and love. My daughter & I are huge fans of you! Keep us laughing.

September 8, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  68. rhonda

sorry to hear of whoopie and her brothers loss.... but.... as she said she had a great life and that is what they need to remember. the great mom, the great times. that will get them thru anything

September 8, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  69. Alvin

Whoppi may god bless u I know what it mean to lose a love one . Just look to hte hill where all our help come from .

September 8, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  70. Derrick Brown

Nothing can replace a mother's love Whoopi, but knowing that the love you shared was real and still is in spirit will get you through trying times. Having caring and understanding family helps as well. May God continue to keep you. You and family are in my prayers. God Bless!

September 8, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  71. Kim

Whoopi, sorry to hear about your mom. I lost my mom 15 years ago, it seems like yesterday. She was only 52. I miss her daily, its gotten easier.

September 8, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

I too lost my mother at the age of 52...but that was over 30 years ago. At the time, I was only 27, so I have not had my mother in my life for a very long time. We did not have a good relationship...she never once protected me from things that happened to me when I was very young. My father took his life when he was only 42 years old (I was only 16 yrs old) and left my mother with 7 children...4 of them still at home. My mother, at that time, took a 180 degree turn and cared for no one but herself. We were more or less left to fend for ourselves. I envy friends of mine who still have their mother, especially when they know they are loved by her, because I have never felt that from mine. I have never had children....and I know it is because of my upbringing and for probably experiencing very little love in our family. Even though I married, I never dreamed as a little girl of meeting prince charming and getting married....it never looked all that great in our home. Even though I never saw violence between my parents, or physical abuse, there sure was a lot of mental abuse.

September 8, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  72. sharron

Whoopi, I am very sorry to hear about your mother , her spirit will live on.I know your mother was amazing because you are an amazing women who brings joy and laughter with wisdom to women with that said I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

September 8, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  73. Patsy

I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. I lost my mother 14 years ago and sometimes it still hurts as much as the day it happened. The memories will sustain you. Hang in there.....

September 8, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  74. huxley

My mom had a massive stroke last week. She didn't die from it but has been bedridden with no movement on her left side .Life changes in a blink of the eye.

September 8, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  75. Terrance Reese

I'm so sorry for your lost. I'm fortunate to still have both of my parents. I no I'm going to have to deal with this one day but my prayers go out to u and your brother my God bless u and keep u.

September 8, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  76. Pat

Whoopi, I'm sorry to hear about the lost of your mother. I pray you and your family find comfort from God word at John 11: 11-14. condolences to your whole family.

September 8, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  77. parkman

I heard her speak and it was eloquent, true feelings of love and loss and sadsness, "Who will love me the way she loved me?", I found siblings take up that place and thank god for them.

September 8, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  78. deb

My condolences to you, Whoopi. I remember thinking the same thing...no one loves you quite like your mom loves you. My mom died in 1984 and I still miss her but I smile when I think of her. You will too. Good memories can be very comforting.

September 8, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  79. Carolae

Your mom is on a new adventure and God will see that she enjoys every bit of it just as she did on earth.
    May her love and memories keep you and your brother close.....she is only a thought away and will always
    be with you.

September 8, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  80. Mr. Gary

I truly understand the process that one goes through when they lose their mother. I lost my mother in 2003. Ms. Goldberg...just hang on to Jesus and He'll fuifill all of your empty spaces in your heart and elsewhere.

September 8, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  81. Dorothy

Dear Whoopi, I lost my mom a little over 2yrs ago suddenly also she was amzing and I miss her also time heals somewhat. Read Rev 21:2-4 it really helped me cherish the memories. Dorothy

September 8, 2010 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Carolae

You are right Dorothy. I lost my mom over 20 years ago and not a day goes by that I don't think of her or wonder what joke she is going to play on me. I have pix of my mom, sister & I all over the place. However, even after all these years, I find it very difficult to talk about my mom as I start to cry. We were so close and she was such a loving and fun person and made you laugh all the time. My sister and I inherited her genes which we are thankful for, but it still hurts after all these years. She was just 82 and died after a mitral valve replacement 6 weeks later. She may be gone, but will never be forgotten.

September 8, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  82. Theresa

My worst fear...losing my Mom!

September 8, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
    • alumette

It will be easier on you to suffer her loss than she having to suffer the loss of you. The natural process. It makes you grow and as you feel that loss you also experience a sense of total freedom. You never have to worry about her having pain or discomfort or fear. She is free as you will be at some point. Does it help?

September 8, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  83. Be Quiet

It's all good, you'll be seeing her again anyway! It's hard now, but just have fun – because that's what she'd want you to do. We're all reunited in the end.

September 8, 2010 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  84. Kathie

Losing a mom is about the hardest thing to deal with, but know she is always around you and watching over you. My condolences to your whole family. May she rest in peace

September 8, 2010 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
    • alumette

No matter how old we are when our mothers die, we then become orphans. That connection from our roots is gone as we experience the awakening that we are alone after all. It is the natural way to feel. Children should never die first but mothers have to go.

September 8, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  85. Chandra

thanks for sharing – a mother's love is like kites flying high in the sky..... my mother is my silent strenght and we enjoy every moment we share together.

September 8, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  86. Otto Maldonado

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your Mom, I lost my mom back in May, and I know how U feel. God bless you and she always going to look over you.

September 8, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  87. michele

your mom will live on in heart may God bless you and your family.

September 8, 2010 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  88. tammy cochran

I am very sorry to hear about your mother passing.I am hard of hearing, and I know how hard it is to love as family,God bless to you and your family, Tammy Cochran

September 8, 2010 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  89. Carol

Whoppie, your moms spirit will be a guiding light that shines over & through you! shes your angel! love & peace to you! your the best, love ya, carol from maine.

September 8, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  90. linda

I am very sorry for ur loss..Losing a Mom isn't easy but like u said she had a wonderful..May God Bless u n ur family

September 8, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Don

My prayers are with you and your brother, Whoopie...

September 8, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sean

Some nice sentiments, but please learn how to type and understand that it's not necessary to use "ur" and "n" in place of "your" and "and." Seriously.

September 8, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Wow...

It took THIS long for the trolls to come out? I'm truly shocked.

September 8, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |