Middle school hijinks on 'Bachelor Pad'
September 7th, 2010

Middle school hijinks on 'Bachelor Pad'

Last night's episode of  "Bachelor Pad" began with host Chris Harrison issuing a warning to the 11 remaining contestants that everything was about to change in the house. But, given the way that phrase is thrown around like it's nothing on this show, I had my doubts.

Imagine my surprise when Chris said that with seven women and four men left in the house, the time had come to make the numbers even. In the most horribly spliced and edited way imaginable, Chris explained that three of the women would be eliminated in the next competition.

Each of the four men had to choose a woman they wanted to save and partner with. The three women not picked would head home, while the eight remaining players would pair off in teams of two and the game would become a couples competition. This show has to be making it up as it goes along.

For whatever reason, the order of the guys picking their partners was determined by a game of spin the bottle. Did the "Bachelor Pad" staff perform a thorough study of middle school parties to put the show together?

When all was said and done, the four teams created were Kiptyn and Tenley, Kovacs and Elizabeth, Jesse B. and Peyton and David and Natalie. That means Gwen, Nikki and Ashley headed home.

The four couples immediately held another competition and, keeping the middle school theme going, it was a water balloon toss. I eagerly await the sack race and bobbing for apples in next week's finale.

After what seemed like four hours, David and Natalie came out on top, saving themselves from elimination and winning a date outside the house.

The date consisted of the two staging their own photo shoot with a yellow sports car, followed by an evening at a mansion featured on the Jason Mesnick edition of "The Bachelor." What, have they run out of ideas for fantasy dates?

Back at the house, Elizabeth and Kovacs decided to have their own fun by breaking into the home's fantasy suite. Who knew that committing a crime in "Bachelor Pad" world can make couples so excited? Alas, the two become miserable once they entered the suite, courtesy of hints, allegations, things unsaid and a broken bed.

At the rose ceremony, Jesse B. and Peyton got the boot. Surprisingly, the couple left in separate limousines - you'd think an eliminated couple would share a car to the airport, or wherever they go when they leave the house.

After Jesse B. and Peyton left, the three remaining couples pledged to have a pajama party. Maybe they prank called the pizza delivery guy while they were at it.

Next week, it's the season (or series) finale, complete with ballroom dancing, a live reunion that no one asked for and various other bits of nonsense.

What did you think of last night's "Bachelor Pad" episode?

1. TV-worker-LA

Gwen as the next Bachelorette? NO. WAY. She might be a nice enough person (who knows, she's cut to look kind of dull on BP), but that woman is TV poison. Way too quiet, reasonable-acting, and old (for Reality TV dating). I took a survey of everyone I know and we all agree that if Gwen was the next Bachelorette, we would not only boycott the show, we would find out which companies bought spots on every episode and boycott their products.

September 8, 2010 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Texas Mom

TV-worker_LA. You are so full of crap you would not boycott all that just because one person you didn't want made Bachelorette and if you do you are a total waste of time. I thought the episode was quiet boring myself. I dont' think the girls left should have gone out that way. I agree atleast let them fight for there chance to stay. We all knew how that one would end up. Elizabeth and Kovax gotta go. If the other people were smart they would have given them the boot a long time ago.

September 8, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  2. pbpossum

Ok, first off, no big surprise in which girls stayed. That has got to be one of the stupidest challenges ever! You guys at BP really didn't use many brain cells on that one. So very disappointing as far as a "challenge" went.
    Secondly, why not make Gwen the next batchelorette? Every one's getting sick of the 20 something crowd and theiir silly antics, and she seems genuinely real. Why not cast batchelors–35 and up -only-and put an older spin on it? I think she would be great as the next batchelorette.
    And lastly, Tenley has got to be the most annoying woman on tv to date. That voice!!! OMG!! She even beats out once perky as hell, Kathie Lee Gifford!

September 7, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Meesh

I initially watched this show in the beginning, but I stopped watching a few weeks ago because I hate the "outsiders" and "cool" group stuff that was going on. I mean come on people grow up.. Elizabeth is extremely rude, conceded and just irritating. I loved Tenley from Jakes season but I can't stand her now, she cries all the time and she is just as guilty as Elizabeth for all the gossip in the house.. I think this show is ridiculous, but they reached an all time low with the stupid games they have been playing. I’m bored already and this show is a waste.. I want the hours back I wasted on watching the first few episodes.

September 7, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Michelle

OMG!! AmandaJane you had me rolling on the floor w/your "Ross-white teeth" You're so right!!

After Peyton & Jesse B were kicked out, not so sure I want any of the couples to win the $$$. And I agree w/all of you – 2hrs is soooooooo long for this show! Also, the girls elimination "game" was very stupid! At least give a girl a chance to play! Let them fight for it, the men shouldn't have been involved at ALL!! Then the viewers would a REAL contest!! Grrrr!!!!!

September 7, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  5. AmandaJane

so unfair how the 3 girls were tossed – not even allowed to compete in a challenge to stay, just "not picked" by the star quarterback so you're gone gone gone. At this point, I want the silly Natalie to win – she doesn't seem hateful or too full of herself like Elizabeth or the cloying sickening Tenley (god, that cartoon voice coupled with the Ross-white teeth, it's cringeworthy)

September 7, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jillmarie

I actually fell asleep!(Long day for me) This kept me up to speed. I enjoy this mindless summer entertainment- but 2 hours?! Too long!

September 7, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  7. wookie

I think this show is so full of it, come on to play spin the bottle. all the guys who were left had a girlfriend in the game and played spin the bottle guys choice. that was the most unfair thing the Chirs Harrison could have done on that game, the show itself is all full of S*** but that was a very nasty disadvantage the girls has to it. it is rigged this show now. come on your could have done any challage to get ride of 3 girls but that was really uncalled for.

September 7, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  8. BOBO

REEEEEEEEEEEEALLY STUPID. WASTE OF MY TIME. WON'T WATCH THE FINALE AFTER ONLY ALL THE "COUPLES" MADE IT THE END. AND CANNOT TOLERATE LITTLE GIGGLY, CRY BABY, CHILDLIKE TENLEY. HOPE ET DOES NOT KEEP HER ON AS A REPORTER...

September 7, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |