Hulk Hogan hospitalized for back spasms
September 7th, 2010

Hulk Hogan hospitalized for back spasms

The Hulk recently landed in the hospital because of his back, but hopefully the wrestler’s health problems won’t sideline him for long.

In a video posted to his Twitter account, Hulk Hogan confirmed that he suffered “a major spasm from my hip all the way up the middle of my back,” adding that it “just totally overwhelmed me.”

Hogan said his trip to the ER wasn’t surgery-related, and was hopeful that the physicians could “give me something to calm this down.”

His rep told CNN Tuesday, "He is there because of back spasms but will be fine." Hogan added in a video posted Tuesday morning that he had a "bunch of tests" lined up for the day, but his back is "feeling pretty good" - at the very least, "better than yesterday."  (FYI, if you click the link to that video, you'll get an eyeful of what he calls his "potty chair." Don't say we didn't warn you.)

He also says that when he gets back on his feet, he's going to "get real dangerous." Again - don't say we didn't warn you.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. cat28

i just hope he's ok

September 8, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Bikergal44

Retire, old man and live out the rest of your life in peace. You have nothing to prove and your fans – your true, blue fans, will love and respect you to the end. You had your 15 minutes, and then some! More than anyone of us John Q Public sorts will ever get! Life is short – take it easy – grow old gracefully and pray to God that you can endure not only your back pain, but the pain and suffering that will soon envelop this entire globe! Eli's coming! You better believe it!

September 8, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ASL

my suggestion: Once ur back is ok(i wont be as it used to) get a nice suit, shave ur head and decrease the mostache, wear some decent glasses avoid contact lenses and sun glasses only when u need it, buy some shares on minerals, real state, transport and food Market, stay home monitoring ur incomes and than go around the world for international conferences on the several investment subjects u´ve applied

September 8, 2010 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  4. TCBTX

I don't want to excuse anything Terry Bollea has done as a man in his life, but I do have to say what he has done with the character of Hulk Hogan are – for the most part – all good things. He has always been very active in the make-a-wish foundation and always had time for the sick kids – even with the crazy demanding road shcedule. I won't argue that pro-wrestlers are typically on 24-hr ego trips, but they have done good things too. To each his own I guess.

September 8, 2010 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  5. fan

Hulk,hulk,hulk, its time to wake up the sleeping giant.Brother you will overcome!

September 8, 2010 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  6. claire

Dear Hulk I hearing about you
    In the hosptail
    I pray for you I said god love you
    You can read in the
    Bilbie to JOHN:3;16 .ask you god I can talk yourself
    "Forgiveness" you will listen
    Your heart! I hope feel better
    Get well soon. :)

September 8, 2010 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  7. I broke my back!

Kinda off topic, but hilarious. YOUTUBE.."Mike Tyson I broke my back interview".

September 8, 2010 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  8. scroo yoo

Brokeamania brother!

September 8, 2010 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  9. Bruce

Have you ever seen a one trick pony in the field so happy and free?
    If you've ever seen a one trick pony then you've seen me
    Have you ever seen a one-legged dog making its way down the street?
    If you've ever seen a one-legged dog then you've seen me

Then you've seen me, I come and stand at every door
    Then you've seen me, I always leave with less than I had before
    Then you've seen me, bet I can make you smile when the blood, it hits the floor
    Tell me, friend, can you ask for anything more?
    Tell me can you ask for anything more?

September 8, 2010 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  10. Lisa

There's a saying "If you're fifty and it doesn't hurt it doesn't work!" Hey, at least it's working. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

September 8, 2010 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  11. Linda

The hulkster knows that what he is doing is not good 4 his body Im sure his medical attentives have told him so. The wrestling world has had its time with u now let it go and rest.

September 8, 2010 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  12. Robert Boalt

Big wow! Now let's move on to some real news.Or is this what we now find important.

September 8, 2010 at 6:26 am | Report abuse |
  13. Kell Bell

I love how the CNN policy states that all comments are moderated. Really? Cause I think you need a new moderator. There is some offensive stuff on here. I am sure the hulk apprecites our get well wishes but, really for the people that dis him – do you really think he cares, after all these years in show business what YOU think? I think his skin is a little bit tougher than that. As for the comments about his age – what? You think YOUR not going to get old? I doubt you will be in any where NEAR as good a shape as him. The last laugh is on the rest of us who KNOW you are going to get old and probably be a flabby mess

September 8, 2010 at 5:29 am | Report abuse |
  14. carrie

He is a freakin' human being people! It's amazing how you all judge someone you don't know and post crappy comments. It's so frustrating! Get well soon Hulk! Back pain sucks!

September 8, 2010 at 4:38 am | Report abuse |
  15. Ateekster

Grow up people! Wrestling is fake, and anyone who thinks otherwise should grow up too. A grown man bouncing around, wearing tights and pretending to to fight is ridiculous! This is NOT a sport. It's entertainment. It's ok to watch it for the fun of it, but actually thinking it's more than just comical fun is silly.

September 8, 2010 at 4:29 am | Report abuse |
  16. undertaker

So what??..... i dropped a tombstone on my penis and the paulburrer wouldnt pick it up had to slide it off myself

September 8, 2010 at 4:05 am | Report abuse |
  17. undertaker

So what???... i dropped a tombstone on my penis

September 8, 2010 at 4:02 am | Report abuse |
  18. Mike Rotch

To much damn wrestling

September 8, 2010 at 3:46 am | Report abuse |
  19. *Teresa Yaeger

Hey HULK I know what you are going through! I have had my son have to call 911 because I couldn't move at all my siatic nerve was bothering the heck out of me. I was screaming in pain. I still gave muscle spasms too with my back... Hang in there I'll be thinking of you. Oh and make sure you have underware on. I hear those hospital gowns have a terrible breeze. LOL :)

September 8, 2010 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
  20. manbearpig

yo hulk man me jimmy n randy is real upset about this we hope u git better we wanna see u kick the undertakers butt

September 8, 2010 at 2:11 am | Report abuse |
  21. Carlito Sosa

Whatchu gonna do, when hulkamania runs wild on you? Yoo hulk is the man, I grew up idolizing him, taking my vitamins and everything just Bc he said so. I haven't watched wrestling in a long time, but I hope hulk gets better soon!

September 8, 2010 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  22. connie morrison

hang in there. . . the ones that think we are too old! Lol we will have the last laugh. when at 60 they sit there with the same young mind they always have had. . . But the body just DONT get it. Lol at that point my friend. . . we have the last laugh for . . we knew first! love and get better soon!

September 8, 2010 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  23. Ebenezer osei

I wish u speedly recovery

September 7, 2010 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  24. maty

Amen, Brother...

September 7, 2010 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  25. the blue blazer

Omg!! back spasms! try falling 40 feet onto that hard ring! the hulkster is responsible for global warming, high taxes and kentucky fried chicken going to hell! we need to do something!

September 7, 2010 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  26. schmo

i pitty the fool that disses on my back

September 7, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  27. deedee

hang in there im ur#1fan always have been i remember ur shirt rippin days!!

September 7, 2010 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  28. allen pacino

i had back spasms a couple of years ago and it ain't no joke. for those of you insensitive towards it you can kiss my and Hulk's *ss!!!

September 7, 2010 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  29. hahaha

@ ROFLCatDown The hulk is the man and that. Kid deserved to die. He went out drinking with his son and then got in the car with him. Did he not learn tht in elementry. DONT JUMP IN THE CAR WITH DRUNK PEOPLE! Everybody has to blame somebody. They were both wrong he just happened to die for his stupidity. Your the man Hulk! Hulkamania forever!

September 7, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  30. mario

Who cares!

September 7, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Skid Mark

who farted??

September 7, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  32. E

CNN – Is anyone at CNN actually paid to review these comments? If so, I want his job because apparently he's paid to sleep while schloogs text vile posts.

September 7, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  33. mike

Hey ur the bet hougan i have problem i had 18 surgery text me on facebook mike_131989@yahoo.com brother

September 7, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Steffie

Get well Hulk! I've got a curved spine, hopefully it doesnt cause major problems in the future.
    ....some of u bloggers are real JERKS, just in case no one ever told u so

September 7, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  35. borawxt

The Hulk is having back spasms while his daughter is giving me orgasms.

September 7, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Angel

No n yes no cuz if thts wat maks him happy n feel free in life then dnt listen 2 no one but ur own heart. n yes cuz of his healht n age but the shape he is in if he wnts 2 keep going then he should his kids r grown up .

September 7, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  37. naomi

thats sad that he's goin thru that kind of pain. hope he gets to feeling better asap.

September 7, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  38. whatever

Maybe this is a sign of a man too old for the "profession" he is in involved in. Pro wrestling is an obnoxious trashy form of entertainment anyway. Time to hang it up and go away, Terry.

September 7, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Donjuandone

Well many years of entertaining has its affects. Suck it up!! Life makes the best of us, if you let it. Bring It ! ! !

September 7, 2010 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Emily

Hmm,why should this be posted? What good has he done for people?

September 7, 2010 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ann

Wow. One might ask you the same question, Em – as you point your finger as a know it all.

September 7, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zuppster

Em, you probably don't know this, but he made sick kids happy all the time in hospitals from his just being there with them. Can you do that? Have you done anything like that? If not, shut up.

September 7, 2010 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Andria

I worked on his show with the son of Jack Lemmon and I did it for fun. He was a shy man, but very professional. He was just someone local who needed some actors to be in a few shots on the weekend, and my friend who owned a video store on Clearwater Beach told me to do it. I did and had a good time. I hope he's Ok and gets one of those pillows from the chiropractor fast and sleeps on his back. I don't want him to copy art from the movie The Wrestler and try and be the Yule Brenner of wrestling. He already is a star, and has nothing to prove. His home on Clearwater beach was a castle. He has a lot of class. A lot of people don't know that about him,. Sending healing energy to all his chakkras. Yellow light and pink light surrounding him now. Healing Reike energy. Namaste.

Andria

September 7, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  42. sega

Hulk Hogan!The whole world with u,bro..hope get well soon.Take care.

September 7, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Windycitykid68

Whoopin as* for 40 years will do that! GWS Hulk !

September 7, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  44. fatkidd

the reason he has back spasms is because his wife left him for a younger studd

September 7, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Bernie

Been there and done that Brother....get well soon....

September 7, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Henry

Maybe his gerbil began kicking and caused the spasms.

September 7, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  47. nemo

I survived cancer twice...no one gave two craps..this clown hurts his back and the whole world feels for him...your all freaking idiots.

September 7, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  48. hellnal

poor hulk, looks like the tip of the iceberg.

September 7, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Rob K

Really people?? "Oh my god this is terrible", or "I pray for you. Get well soon", or "It's because of roids"...
    People....It was a freakin back spasm...."most likely *insert reason here*"...
    He's a freakin 60 year old ex wrestler...Why is he relevant?

September 7, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  50. ROFLCatDown

I'm guessing that God willed his back spasms into being for being such an ass and attempting to profit from his son putting a kid into a vegetative state by wrapping the car around the phone pole... Sorry Hogan, you and your son deserve all the pain you get.

September 7, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zuppster

You keep God's name out of your mouth when you say hateful things like that. Go read the Bible and re-educate yourself away from how the world showed you how to act. Stupid hurtful words. You should b ashamed.

September 7, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • anabel

Cheap shot Rolf. When my kids are d riving my car, I have no control over how they are driving it or where they are going. If there's a problem, it's theirs, not mine And they know it. 0f course we are not dogged by press if something does happen. Wish you a full recovery, Terry. Get welll soon.

September 9, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Amandaa

aww i hope he does get better!
    he is a good man!!!!:D

September 7, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Yvonne

GET WELL SOON HULK. TNA NEEDZ U!

September 7, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Marcus of Memphis

Sit Your Old A– down Terri!

September 7, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Hulkluva

Say your prayers!! Take your vitamins!! Pop a vicodin!!!

September 7, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  55. MOBADTHANGOOD

Get it well Hulk. You still da man.

September 7, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Marcus Damone

Does your back hurt more or the fact that you can't wrestle properly anymore ?

September 7, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Trisha

And don't forget we luv u.

September 7, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Trisha

Hulk get well soon

September 7, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  59. big momma

my dad had to have surgey, on his back and, he feel's alot better! god bless you hulk, hope you, feel better soon! love you, bro!

September 7, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Big Tone

If I had to listen to his daughters music my head and my back would KILL ME 2!

September 7, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  61. T

Whatcha gonna do when the Hulkster comes for you?

September 7, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  62. mike in milw

Feel better brother I know back pain sux 3 ruptured disc's myself back to the vitamins less of the beer come back to mil town its been along time

September 7, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  63. dopeman

Opiates in the past ... Now back pain that last.lay off the pain pills man less gratifying addiction

September 7, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  64. dopeman

Opiates in the past ... Now back pain that last.

September 7, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Bobby "the Brain"

Eat your vitamins and say your prayers

September 7, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Patrick

Mr.Hulk Hogan, Im only 27yrs old & know all about Lumbar Spinal Injury. (Myself: 3 Fractured Vertebra 3 Ruptured Disc ) Hope You recover just fine & appreciate what Ur doing. GIVING BACK to THE GAME is more than Buisness could ask for. Thanks Again Hulkster!! ProWrestling is Real... As real as U want it to be. lol

September 7, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  67. stump

It must be from the pain in the ass republicans.

September 7, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • LBC

Yeah, like the DUMMYCRAPS who sponsored the failed, brainless assed stimulus bill which is really retarding the economy??

September 7, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • JMC

@stump......relevance????

September 7, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zuppster

Just like a political junkie, trying to infuse something where it doesn't belong...dumb-ass.

September 7, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Vern

Vitamin B injections into the muscle tissue works well and more natural than Muscle relaxers

September 7, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  69. darlene

Well hulk I know the feeling of back pain comin off 2 surgerys myself God bless you and your family and get well soon.

September 7, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  70. boywonder

Lol now we see why your wife left you hulk you can't keep up sorry for you

September 7, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  71. sburruto

Maybe he's faking his back pain like he does with wrestling! I too hate fake wrestling.

September 7, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Mat

I've had those. It's horrible! Hope he gets well soon.

September 7, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Johnsonj3

Who cares

September 7, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Lady

Feel better, Hulk ! you can beat this !!

September 7, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  75. tinka069

Get to feeling better. Back pain sucks

September 7, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  76. gee tee

Whatcha gonna do when your back goes wild on you

September 7, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  77. glenda

Hope u get better we love u........

September 7, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  78. hirolla74

Hulkster's back pain probably coming from steroids? His wife's back pain coming from a 20'something year old? Touche!

September 7, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Buck

He must have hurt it pushing that hay bale that killed the ELO dude.

September 7, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Entertainment

Perhaps the funniest thing I've read in the last 15 years.

September 7, 2010 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Tonyx

Poor hulk hogan, imagine if he took the jorge forman grill offer, he would'nt be so broke

September 7, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Who is Jorge Foreman? Does he make a Latino version of the George Foreman grill that I'm unaware of?!?!

September 7, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zuppster

Lol...hilarious.

September 7, 2010 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sparky

Yeah, the grills are made in Mexico, don't have UL approval, but work their asses off for no electricity. Get better Hulkster!!

September 8, 2010 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  81. carlos

DANGEROUS like NWO DANGEROUS

September 7, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  82. to: i hate fake wrestling

Learn how to spell.

September 7, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  83. mark...

Hang in there brother... the hulkster will overcome this...

September 7, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  84. pat

Retire already!

September 7, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  85. RUSH

"Thats the name of the game"

September 7, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • alumette

I think " the name of the game" is the best comment I see. Time to take it easy big guy. Take up golf.

September 7, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Derp

Hope he feels better. Back pain is not fun in the least. :(

September 7, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  87. i hate fake wrestling

That from all the roids his taken.

September 7, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • phorse

And the evidence supporting your statement would be what, exactly?

September 7, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • alumette

More likely he has a bad back due to these rough moves on the hard floor. All those falls can't be good for you. If anything, steroids would help with the anti-inflammatory process. He is a huge dude. His back has to be stressed.

September 7, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • treykat

He did lift andre the giant......

September 8, 2010 at 5:59 am | Report abuse |
  88. David Rodgers

I've had the same thing myself a month ago. Trust me, it hurts like nobody's business. I couldn't go to work for three days (doctors orders). So to Hulk Hogan (Terry Bollea) me and a lot of Hulkamaniacs know your pain and our prayers are with you brother.

September 7, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  89. death

Whadda you gonna do when back spasms run wild on you brother!

September 7, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

LOL

September 7, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Darwin For Life

I'm detecting win in this sector, captain.

September 7, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • cliff

Dear Hulkster:
      Hope you are better soon.
      cliff
      p.s. get of the 'roids," okay?

September 7, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hulk-a-maniac

Cliff, your uneducated attempt at a diss was poorly thought out. The guy hasn't been on juice since the early 90's slap nut. Give him an old joke or something relevant. Let's see what kind of an impact you have on the world at 57 years old... Brother!

September 8, 2010 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |