Kanye West: I'm sorry, Taylor
September 6th, 2010

Kanye West: I'm sorry, Taylor

One year after he interrupted Taylor Swift's acceptance speech at the MTV Video Music Awards, Kanye West is still singing the blues. The hip-hop superstar wrote a lengthy apology to the country queen on Twitter over the weekend, saying his actions had nothing to do with race and claiming that he's been treated like the Wicked Witch of the West.

"She had no idea what hit her," West, who rushed the stage to proclaim that Swift's Best Female Video award should have gone to Beyoncé, tweeted Saturday. "She deserves the apology more than anyone."

West, 33, insists his actions that evening had nothing to do with skin color but everything to do with taking a stand. "I watched Justin Timberlake at the Grammies loose every televised award including album of the year which the Dixie Chicks won," he wrote. "I would have ran on stage for Justin that night because Sexy Back (in my mind) was that important... that impactful to our culture. It's not about race America."

The entertainer, who has given away his own awards to other artists, adds that the VMA incident turned him into an industry outcast. "Who's seen the play Wicked? I've seen it 4 times! Other than loving the music acting and costumes... it's my story!!!" he says. "The Wicked witch of the west basically is so convicted to tell her' truth when she does it she is outcasted by society and turned WICKED."

Now, however, West says he has "newfound humility" and would "never ever again in a million years" interrupt a fellow artist on stage.

"It is distasteful to cut people off as a general rule. What's the point of dressing tastefully if I'm going to act the complete opposite?" said West, who reveals that he wrote a song for Swift that he hopes she'll record. "I've hurt, I've bled, I've learned. I only want to do good… I want to help as many people as I can. I want to help starting with the music and ending with the smile. It starts with this... I'm sorry Taylor."

Will Swift, 20, accept his apology? Tune in to the September 12 MTV Video Music Awards, where the two are set to meet again.

1. shareyt

We're a bunch of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with valuable information to work on. You have done a formidable task and our whole community will probably be grateful to you.

September 20, 2012 at 5:34 am | Report abuse |
  2. Poetry

I do not even understand how I stopped up right here, but I thought this submit used to be great. I do not recognize who you might be however certainly you're going to a famous blogger for those who are not already. Cheers!

August 26, 2012 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. what causes pancreatic cancer

I cherished up to you will receive performed proper here. The cartoon is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nevertheless, you command get got an edginess over that you want be turning in the following. in poor health no doubt come further beforehand again as exactly the same just about very continuously inside case you defend this hike.

August 25, 2012 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  4. Stryker Recall Lawyer

You actually make it appear really easy with your presentation however I find this topic to be actually one thing which I believe I would never understand. It kind of feels too complex and very broad for me. I'm taking a look forward on your subsequent submit, I will try to get the hold of it!

August 20, 2012 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. Samantha

come on people, you really don't accept peoples apologies? really? how sad.
    accept it Taylor and move on.

October 25, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lol

Lame and I think Taylor swift is going to accept his apology

October 5, 2010 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ObjectivityisKey

LOL at all the HATERS!!! Taylor MADE A SONG for KANYE, a FORGIVENESS SONG – real CLASS!. AND KANYE KILLED IT IN THE VMAS. SO JUST MOVE ON!! hohohohohoho

September 14, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. HAHASingers

HAHA Everyone needs to just realize that singers are just that. SINGERS. The fact that there is an awards show for an entertainment provider and there is a large news buzz about their actions as opposed to someone who daily works to save lives (i.e. police officers, fire fighters, doctors, nurses, emts, etc) shows the mindset of society. Kanye has WWMJD on his tweets. What Would Michael Jackson Do? Seriously? Do not get me started. These people are put on a pedestal that is not deserved and everyone just eats it up. Two singers, performers, populators of imaginary worlds had a confrontation. How many people were rescued by selfless heroes that were not noted in ANY award show? Now I feel stupid for even posting about this.

September 14, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  9. LR

He wrote a song for her. That he wants her to record. And thus get even more fame for this piece of trash.

There's no part of him that's not made of pure loser. Get off the stage, Kayne. It's for adults and winners, and you're neither.

September 12, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  10. saftgek

Kanye West is one in a long line of drug-promoting, gun-promoting, crime-promoting black performers who care not one whit about advancement of black people. He, and those of his ilk, are content to sell their souls while seeing how much money and publicity they can amass.

The saddest part of this nonsense is that so many people in this country actually support this piece of cr*p and those like him. Right-thinking people recognize rap is crap, and hip-hop is such nonsense there is no rhyme for it; rather, it represents the content of the basement of an outhouse.

Simple, no?

September 8, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Taxman

See, there's that race issue thing. I mean wow, you haven't listened to one shred of his music have you? What happened to the good ol' days where people would make themselves familiar with something prior to criticizing it? Just out of curiosity, why did you self-censor your use of the word crap the first time you used it but not the second? Were you attempting to preserve the cliche, terrible rhyme or what? Just wondering. Nice alliteration though. And I'd love to hear your explanation of the difference between rap and hip-hop.

"Simple, no?" Actually, no. Sorry, but life tends to not be as simple and absolute as any of us would like it to be.

Go skim through Late Registration and get back to me.

September 10, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
    • ObjectivityisKey

this guy is paid like the rest of the haters here. LOL!

September 10, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bull

He simply,is a piece of crap .

September 12, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. WEST

Who does Kanye West think he is that his opinion is more important than the judges? I don't think it was abourt race. I think it was about his high opinion of himself and ignorance.

September 8, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Kanye West is a coward

Kanye West is talentless.
    Kanye West is a coward.
    Kanye West is a liar.
    Why doesn’t he interrupt Clive Davis ?
    Why doesn’t he interrupt Jay-Z ?
    A cowardly attack on a defenceless people is cheap.

September 8, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. taylor swift

Kanye I wanna have your baby!!!

September 8, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. KLP

He's an idiot and should be run out of the music business. Taylor was such a lady when that happened. She shows true class, style and dignity. She's a REAL star...he's a joke.

September 7, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  15. cris

ObjectivityisKey: How do you justify his actions Drunk or Not it is his personallity he is what he is, if you believe otherwise then you live in the same world as he is. Do i know a lot? probably more than you do..

September 7, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • ObjectivityisKey

grow some balls man. Join a debate club or something to get your facts straight.

1.) Nobody's justifying his actions
      2.) He already apologized for it
      3.) GET OVER IT.
      4.) He doesn't care about what you say
      5.) Taylor's over it too.
      6.) So should you.
      7.) Bye bow
      8.) Go get a life
      9.) Thank you
      10.) yawn....

September 7, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  16. insatiable

u know

September 7, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  17. insatiable

the only thing i have 2 say is little miss taylor swift cant sing at all and no Mr West is not racist YA'LL DON'T WANT 2 GO THERE

September 7, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Anna

Taylor Swift is crap music. Lyrics are so dumb. Trite music for trite people

September 7, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Really

lol... Is that your word of the day Anna? Trite, as in your comment.

September 7, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  19. JayMo

I'm not a big Kanye fan, and actually not a Swift fan either but Kanye is more talented than Taylor Swift and will probably have a more successful career. Even after all this. What he did to her was wrong but that was the MTV VMA's. There is always controversey year after year and people do stupid things during that show. Stop feeling sorry for her, it was one award for MTV and its not like her life is ruined. If anything, it helped her "career". And you know Kanye will probably get his own reality show in the next year or so. Sad but true.

September 7, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  20. Coolz

Both Taylor Swift and Kanye are talented,if you like only either of the music genres they perform thats great.But there is no point in disrespecting either of them based on your mediocre analysis of their talents.Mind you regardless of your opinion,they get to walk the red carpet at award shows,never you,or me.Call them names allday long you ain't taking away a cent from their wealth,and worth.Neither Taylors' nor Kanyes'talent is headed south as some of you seem to be hallucinating! Its not taken Kanye a year to apologise for his screw up,you had born yesterday, quite literally,to not know this.Hate Kanye,if he you will, but deny his talent? Love the man,if you will,but don't fool yourself to say Kanye was right to do what he did to Taylor,no one could ever deserve to be slighted as she was. She is good with her music genre,so is Kanye with his!
    He might have learnt a lesson,like many of us do from several mistakes or mischief in life! Easy to condemn and name call others for their stupidity,take a hard look at your perfect self! Ooops!...OMG...you too have made mistakes before,you say can't you done making them coz you still alive.

September 7, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  21. bagram vet

i don't know what he's apologizing for.....he's just wrong for the way he did it, but it's not like he was lying. He said Bush didn't like black people and then we see a clip of Bush shaking a black man's hand then wiping it on Bill Clinton's shirt.....next, he jumps on stage and says Taylor's award should've went to Beyonce. Again...the truth. Idiot for his way of expressing himself, but no lies either time. Beyonce should never lose anything to Taylor Swift. ANYTHING.

September 7, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Dean

Yes, Kanye is much too brilliant and perceptive to waste his talents on mere music. Perhaps he should run for office.

September 10, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  22. philtheazz

If anyone wonders if racism is still happening in America just listen to these rap artist music. This is why we all love to hate each other and the hating will never end!
    As i said earlier, Tell Kanye thanks for doing his part and keep buying his cd,s so we can show our appreciation of his greatness toward mankind!

September 7, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  23. By the way everyone............

Did you all realize that this may be a publicity stunt by MTV? Have you noticed every year something outlandish happens on the VMA's? Flash back to Eminem with Sasha Barron cohen...that was all staged when they interviewed Eminem... I think alot of this stuff is staged on the VMA's to get people to tune in every year to see what else is going to happen.

September 7, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  24. charles

The dollar will decide if his apology is accepted

September 7, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  25. zank

"patrick crowson
    u left out deuche
    September 6, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse | "

Kanye is German?

September 7, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  26. kaypeope

Also, it seems to me that black people are the only people that bring up the issue of race anymore. Seriously, that's old news.

September 7, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  27. AliGirl

Kanye: "I'm sorry Taylor (that you sell more albums than me)"

September 7, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  28. SKY

KANYE HAS HURT SOMEONE, AND IS REALLY SORRY.....MOST RAPPER STEP ON PEOPLE ALL THE TIME.
    THEY CARE NOTHING ABOUT ANYONE....IT A SELF THING.....BUT
    HIS MOM IS GONE,,,AND IT HURT,,,,HE REMEMBERS AND KNOW WHAT PAIN IS, HE KNOWS WHAT
    IT IS TO HURT SOMEONE. ..THE MAN IS TRYING TO RIGHT
    HIS WRONG....NOW NOT TOMORROW. WE ARE PROMISED TOMORROW....
    HE IS TRYING TO SAVE HIS SOUL. WHICH IS SOMETHING EVERYONE SHOULD BE DOING..
    ONE WAY IS THE TRY AND RIGHT THE WRONG... AND START DOING GOOD!

September 7, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  29. Craig

It's called difference of opinion. When something I enter into a contest doesn't win, or someone I think should have won doesn't, that's life. It's all up to the judges. His actions were childish and reflect the general disrespect for others that the generation coming up displays on a daily basis. We have a bunch of spoiled, me me me brats being raised these days.

September 7, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  30. philtheazz

Great job you cotton patched pathetic loser Kanye! we know you are sincere and not a racist! You are exactly the reason why America still displays racism today! Thanks again for adding fuel to the fire boy!

September 7, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  31. jen

Good Lord over 200 comments and AllMOST ALL hatefull GOD bless AMERICA and GOD bless the angry Americans

September 7, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  32. bailoutsos

Kayne, next stop, Dancing With The Stars.

September 7, 2010 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  33. Perspectives

Kanye is just being Kanye. More people seem to have an issue with him exposing Swift as a talentless doll than calling the commander-in-chief (at the time) a racist. Those celebrity obsessed individuals should get some perspective.

IMO, Kanye did Swift a favor, not only in boosting her popularity through the sympathy votes but emotionally prepared Swift for inevitable disappointment once the industry discover a younger, cuter replacement.

September 7, 2010 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  34. Kanye Mess

I must say... even though Kanye is a bit crazy...I think it's funny he dissed Taylor Swift....I've heard her sing live and honestly she sounds NOTHING like her music videos. The tweenies are the only thing getting her awards.

September 7, 2010 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  35. Ana

Lol I'm not the only one who thought taylor didn't deserve an award....media loves to overdramatize any situation.... I'm sure taylor forgot and forgave about that a looong time ago

September 7, 2010 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  36. JJ

(Louie lou) You may be right, but that really isn't the point. The man disrespected another artists moment. It makes no difference if she should have won or not. I wonder how Fish boy would have reacted if someone would have tried that on him. I don't even like Taylor Swift but come on.

September 7, 2010 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  37. JJ

He is so transparent. What this guy needs is for Taylor to accept his apology to save himself. He could care less about her, but he needs her. Too funny. "It's not about race america" lol Really?

September 7, 2010 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  38. louie lou

Ok he is an ass hands down but let's be real here she sucks and her video should not of won

September 7, 2010 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  39. david

he apologized with all sincerity and made it known that the comment was not race inclined but the world still want to crucify him let me now ask what if it is even race inclined does that clean the old dirty past of the white Americans for real i have not even heard her music for once and she is winning awards and lots of them who are known the world over are not recognized

September 7, 2010 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  40. leshan

i dont know why he apologized for ,he was right!

September 7, 2010 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  41. bettyboo

Typical desperate acts of a looser!!!! After everyone in the music industry has agreed that what this looser has done and the manner in which he did it was wrong, he comes out one year later and makes an public “apology”, a real and sincere apology would have been private with Taylor Swift making it public. Now if Taylor Swift doesn’t publicly accept this looser desperate act she will be labeled a racist and anyone who supports her or books a concert with her will also be labeled a racist. Of course the NAACP sensing that money can be made out of this will get involved and fuel the tension with their own racist statements and demand that the music industry form a task force that would monitor equal opportunities in the music industry and after for a small extortion fee (donation) is made to one of their off shore banks accounts everything will go away will almost Kayne West will still be here, acting a fool!!!

September 7, 2010 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  42. ace

wow alot of yall dont know what yall talking about kanye west career is not even close to be over and he was never hiding he did what all artist do take a break to make better music. also he been apologized to taylor swift if it wasn't for kanye west I woundn't know who taylor swift is, a lot of people woundn't know who taylor swift is so she should thank kanye west and if she wasn't white no body would care

September 7, 2010 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Dave

Right... that's why she won the award. HA! Also try using English.

September 7, 2010 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  43. dave

This is NOT an apology! He basically said "Sorry I think you suck Taylor and I should not have ruined that for you".

September 7, 2010 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  44. Forgiving Person

To all the bitter and unforgiving ppls out there: Can any of u honestly say (look me in the eyes) u have never ever said or done anything in your whole entire life that u have not regretted and apologized for later on? U mean to tell me that u guys and gals have never done or said anything that YEARS later would have thought twice abouty doing and would do anything to take back? U kidding me or yourself?

September 7, 2010 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Dave

Maybe so but not to this degree, not multiple times and not in front of the entire nation. He is in the public eye and makes his money from that. He is held to higher standard he could not live up to. If he doesn't like that get a 9 to 5.

September 7, 2010 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  45. Kat

Good for him... I am glad he came back to his senses... Even though it was a year later! Everyone deserves a second chance!

September 7, 2010 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  46. lovesjesus

this guy is an idiot.

September 7, 2010 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  47. Becky

Before hurricane Katrina, before Taylor Swift, I heard Kayne's music for the first time while catching a ride home from a friend who is Black. I was so offended and hurt by the lyrics. I couldn't believe my friend listened to such hateful music. I could tell he was embarrased because he turned it down. When Kayne exploded on he news for his hate speech at the Katrina fund raiser, I instantly remembered that day with my friend and I wasn't surprised.

Kayne just doesn't get it...he has become what he hates the most.

September 7, 2010 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
  48. Greg

Let bygons do what they do u cant haue all the attention things phaze out

September 7, 2010 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
  49. JR

Who really cares? They're both millionaires. Never heard either of them sing. Have they done ANYTHING for mankind (medical research, making the world a better place, etc...)? Celebrities are NOT role models or someone to look up to.

September 7, 2010 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
  50. Johnny

Kanye is still Relevant. His new music is on the TOP of the hiphop world right now. Everones is talking about it. He apologized when it happened. Its sincere! We love his music and his album will be very successful.

September 7, 2010 at 6:30 am | Report abuse |
  51. JDM

FORBEARING ONE ANOTHER, AND forgiving ONE ANOTHER, IF ANY MAN HAVE ANY QUARREL AGAINST ANY: EVEN AS Christ FORGAVE YOU, SO ALSO DO ye.

COLOSSIANS 3:13

September 7, 2010 at 6:16 am | Report abuse |
  52. Jacque

Once a jerk, always a jerk! He's rude, has always been rude! And yes, he's a racist SOB! Go away Kanye!

September 7, 2010 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
  53. Neena

They spelled "lose" wrong. *sigh.*

September 7, 2010 at 5:33 am | Report abuse |
  54. Cheryl

Of course it was ALL about race! He's trying everything now, including a lengthy apology on Twitter to save his FAILED career! That apology should have been made that same night, not this long after the fact. And you see......he is trying to lay the blame on everyone else now, saying he didn't mean it the way everyone took it, and we are all wrong assuming it was about race. Be a MAN, accept ALL the blame.

September 7, 2010 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
  55. Coolz

Its absolutely nonesense to say Kanye has no talent because you still hold a grudge over the Taylor Swift incident!He acted a fool,and he had been acting a fool even at black awards when he didn't win unless you hadn't heard of Kanye until the disgrace he did Taylor!About apologies,didn't he say sorry to Taylor and her mum soon after the incident?I recall he did.To you grief sippers good people make mistakes alot of times stupid mistakes like George Bush starting a war in Iraq over bad intelligence,OJ in Vegas,pilots that over flew their destination in Minneapolis,Roger Clemence,Barry Bonds,Cavaliers(Gilbert),Janet& Justin at superbowl,Erykah Badu(Window seat video).LOL..cheer up,life is too short.Taylor Swift moved and marched on,fans quit licking your wounds there ain't no more.

September 7, 2010 at 4:57 am | Report abuse |
  56. Nitrogen

I can't believe this is still making the news. The guy is a laughing stock. On autotune. Plus he's a gay fish.

September 7, 2010 at 4:52 am | Report abuse |
  57. Howard Beal

@u ugly!

You might be right but your writing makes me think you're not a very clever person.

September 7, 2010 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
  58. nifkin

The dude created his very own meme. That alone gives him brownie pts. Not only that but I hear he still loves fishsticks.

September 7, 2010 at 4:37 am | Report abuse |
  59. u ugly!

ya´ll judging like u perfect . . .u probably do worse things to people u dont like just for the heck of it! Its funny cuz none of u really know them artist!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahaha

September 7, 2010 at 4:32 am | Report abuse |
  60. racist white guy

will it show up on a drug test

September 7, 2010 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
  61. racist white guy

what is a twitter

September 7, 2010 at 4:27 am | Report abuse |
  62. racist white guy

speeking of kfc i want some lasagna

September 7, 2010 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
  63. kate

Well its about time, its only taken, oh like, an entire year for him to finally get him to apologize. I`m sorry but I think he should have been do this a looooong time ago, and not on Twitter, but to Taylor`s face.

September 7, 2010 at 4:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Cheryl

Totally agree.......he waited toooooo long for this apology and it should have been made face to face! He's done it on Twitter for the whole public to see and for only one reason to save his FAILED career, NOT because he is truly sorry for what he said.

September 7, 2010 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
  64. racist white guy

if swift was fat he would have never acted like that he would have asked her on a date 2 kfc and if she could cosign on a car loan for an 86 monte carlo wit 22s dawg

September 7, 2010 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |
  65. wasntme

Really...people come on

September 7, 2010 at 4:07 am | Report abuse |
  66. Valerie

Big Kanye fan! He's one of the best out there. Love his songs. Keep doing your thing & forget about Taylor that little dumb blond is not worth it!

September 7, 2010 at 3:58 am | Report abuse |
  67. andrew

You people have no lives. WHO CARES???? Took a year to apologize?? He's apologized before. It also took a year for all of u as well. Geeze...

September 7, 2010 at 3:15 am | Report abuse |
  68. Robert

I had never heard of Taylor Swift or her music before the whole incident.I googled her afterwards and really started digging her music. I am still a Kanye fan and I like Taylor.

September 7, 2010 at 3:02 am | Report abuse |
  69. ddango

What a bunch of whiny Taylor Swift loving morons. Mr. West is 100% correct on the larger issue at hand, The Grammy's, the VMA's, etc are all irrelevant garbage. Most of you on here wouldn't know good, creative music if it got up and bit you in the taint. So keep on whistling that Romeo & Juliet song of hers, and go on believing YOUR Kanye bashing isn't racially motivated.

September 7, 2010 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  70. Name*E

He has been through a lot. She shoul accept his apology and just move on

September 7, 2010 at 2:45 am | Report abuse |
  71. Vertical Sleeve Man

It was incredibly disrespectful for him to run on stage, everyone agrees with that. I think part of the problem has been that his apologies seem empty. They are "I am sorry I did this...BUT..." every apology has had some type of qualifier added to it.

He could make this go away faster if he just apologized unconditionally and added some self deprecation. People will understand and figure out that he isint racist, that's not the problem, the problem is people dislike the way he is acting. It can be fixed though, people need to move on.

September 7, 2010 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  72. Yaddidaimean

Kanye is all good, he loves fish sticks so he's a gay fish.

September 7, 2010 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
    • el meme

Really a gay joke?...shows us all that Your an intelligent person...hey yaddidiamean is smart ..yaddidiamean likes penis....so his a smart dick..lol

September 7, 2010 at 2:11 am | Report abuse |
  73. el meme

People were mad that he took a stand..he spoke the truth..and taylors merely a one hit wonder whose songs sound the same...and kayne still has good music its even better know than before..she doesn't deserve an apology she needs to make some good music or her 15min will be over sooner than her songs last...kayne speaks about apperance and self conciousness while taylor sings about her love..get over yourselves

September 7, 2010 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  74. Lil L

He's not sorry for what he did. If you listen to what he says, it's all about HIM. "I've hurt", "I've bled", etc. It's all "I" "I" "I" through the whole thing. Taylor is a classy young lady. She has donated over $600,000 to the recovery process due to the major floods in the Nashville area. She will accept his apology only because she has class and poise and manners. I just hope she rejects his song. I wouldn't touch it with a 100 foot pole!

September 7, 2010 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Cheryl

Yep! He's not sorry! He's not sorry! It's ALL about HIM! It's ALL about HIM!

September 7, 2010 at 5:28 am | Report abuse |
  75. JD

Seriously Kanye,

Just stop the limelight grabbing antics and just go away.
    I didn't care for you at the time you rudely put down Taylor
    But now you simply reinforce the negative and ugly side of
    You that no one likes. It's so fake and I've had enough.

I will not buy any of your music or that of any artist that
    That gets on stage with you.

Grow a brain man.

September 7, 2010 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
  76. gscott

his is so old ,Taylor Swift has her own line of greeting cards at Wal-mart now it was very distasteful what he did but he was never the less right !I hate award shows they're vain and unfair .Only God almighty deserves praise .

September 7, 2010 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
  77. Jake

you're all a bunch of idiots. Kanye has more fans now than he ever did. This is also not his first apology, he apologized to her back when all of this happened. doesnt anyone remember when he called her?? so lay off, and I gaurantee 90% of you had no idea who taylor swift was until that all happened. face it, he made her more popular than she would have ever been on her own. Kanye is back on top, and he is bringing the house down on sunday when he performs, he isnt going anywhere anytime soon.

September 7, 2010 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Cheryl

Sure.....He is on Top of Dirty GOSSIP! A big hit with RAG Magazines! The number of people buying his music is down. I wouldn't call that back on TOP!

September 7, 2010 at 5:31 am | Report abuse |
  78. mike

just go away kanye....you finally went too far....now the rest of the world knows what I was saying all along..you are an ass

September 7, 2010 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  79. me

Why dont you people learn how to spell the words the right way before putting them on the internet.Its sad how many people dont know how to spell in America.Its embarrassing.As for Kanye and Taylor,who cares,hes never going to have any class.And they will both keep making money.

September 7, 2010 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  80. klassey.

So what Kanye said that. He was just sayn wat he thought. U cnt hold a man down 4 speakn his mind. Regardless of whether hes black or white. I thnk he meant the apology.

September 7, 2010 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  81. nathan

Is it that serious? Some of you need to go seek mental evals who cares what these people do u get any money for being or not being a fan no just commenting your making them money

September 7, 2010 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  82. vampireweekend

they both suck. end of story.

September 7, 2010 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  83. Kelly Fontes

After a year? On Twitter? Does he mean it? NO! From his actions, I will never listen to Kanye again. I have not for a year and I change the radio station when he is on the air, even in a collaboration.

September 7, 2010 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  84. Max

Only Kanye West can make an "apology" and use the word I a dozen times. Clearly he still doesn't get it, extremely doubtful that he ever will. I mean, who actually says they have newfound humility? Egomaniac.

September 6, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  85. M

CNN does the stupidest entertainment articles.

September 6, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Drew

Well, I guess Kanye lost his status if his news articles focus on little kid stuff from last year. It is like a supermodel that ends up in cereal commercials when she gets her flab. Kanye, you are old, your glasses are out of style, and you showed less maturaty than a little white pop star. Grow up, your a washout now. Just wire that mouth shut again. Have fun in your next Bengay commercial as well.

September 6, 2010 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  87. sally

Hey.. I couldn't believe what happened and when I actually saw it I was sooo furious w Kanye-then I thought about my anger and rage- from when my dad died after surgery and I never got to look him in the eyes to say I LOVE and thank you from the tiniest cells in my heart for having been my wonderful father who kept us so strong despite living in 5th ward Houston!! HE planted in us the seeds of respect family and education. us. I can only barely guess to imagine that my pain from 26 yrs ago is a tool I can use to identify with Kanye,when he lost his mother to surgery also. Atleast I had privacy to grieve w my family and friends. I didn't have tons of paparazzi tracking me down and posting everything I did (many mean,many regretful, mainly all Legal) but I was teearing my body apart with the stress. Kanye – if u ever read or one of ur people reads this- I just want u to know. I was 21 when my dad died, now I'm 44 and facing a major medical decision of my own– I tell my sons that its ok if the folks from school don't like them or if the team mates don't pick them out as mates for a game- I tell to drop them. If they can't hang in the good time well hell imagine when the economy REALLY hits the floor!! Who u goona count on!!I have only heard a few words of Kanyes music- and I thoroughly enjoyed it maybe he can put a latin swing in it w santana-ruben blades-etc- kanye seems to be the kind of musician who can be given a composer of classical music and together come up with a sound that will bring tears of joy after those of pain he or me or others have shed for tears- I don't think you were being mean jealous or anti race of anyking. I think that you feel emotional and when you knew a great beaUtiful lady like beyonce- was up for a win too! you let loose!!
    One thing I can say is -eventually the anger subsides,the tears come slower and less +less but you owe it to yourself to prove to yourself (no ones else matters ) its what your mother taught you: when it comes to being the best that you could be!!don't be the opposite– by showing them your WORST!!
    Kanye u r very young talented wealthy maybe u should take some time off and research the needs for single mothers. Philianthroy- may be a benefit to u and ur image, go tour them talk to the kids- imagine ALL thatraw talent. That way as they heal so do u.

September 6, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  88. OMG

Oh wow u guys really dont have anything else to do besides stick your head into other peoples business huh?? how pathetic

September 6, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Julie

Kanye is not racist and he is definately very talented. All I can say is "Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol"! And Beyonce had nothing to do with it! She gave Taylor her moment back, and was very graceful in doing so. Maybe Taylor needs to toughen up a bit, why would she hand over the microphone anyways!

September 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Andrew

It blows my mind that so many people are writing off Kanye. He has put out some incredible music over the last 5 years or so and he is far from done. He and Jay-Z have a five track album that is ready to drop and everything I've heard from it has been great. He is still working with artists like Jay-z, Rick Ross, Bon Iver, etc... I'm a fan both ways. Talor Swift is good for pop music. She puts out catchy music that everyone can hum along with. Kanye is in the same spot though. His career is now where near finished. He is incredibly talented and this will go down as a minor blemish at the end of the day.

September 6, 2010 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  91. kelly

if he was really sincere he would let her talk during his time @ this show and not say a single word

September 6, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Kanye's Mamma

Kanye ya damn fool! Shut yo mouth! You an idiot as it is but you start flapping your gums and you sound almost as stupid as you is!

September 6, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  93. tumadre

Who??...CARES! If ya'll put the same damn passion n2 blessing unfortunate kids or some noble cause that u do n2 this than u might jus make a difference n this world...Kanye? Taylor? How bout the kid who doesn't have anything or needs everything? Hmmmmm!

September 6, 2010 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  94. white girl

WOW......Everyone get over it u had no part in it, so stay out of it and grow up. and i dont care what anyone says i AGREE with him. her music video was WAY better and harder than taylors. i would like to see taylor try to dance like her in that music video. AND I AM WHITE.... EVERYONE GROW UP!!!!

September 6, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Al Gore's therapist

Isn't he the one that Chris Brown beat up?

September 6, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  96. JEWElZ

Yalls just need to give da man a break.. did u forget after dat incident he apologized? no one believed him dat tyme.. he's apologizing a year later.. none of yalls stilL dnt believe him!! doesnt dat seem sincere? how a year later he's still apologizing? for all i knoe, hes more talented than da rest of ya! gewd gosh.. just get over it!! beyonce deserved dat award, he was jst speakin up fo those who couldnt! ugh, twas a year ago people.. let it go!!!

September 6, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  97. ben10plus10

well said tcc1118...they are role models, quit fighting

September 6, 2010 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  98. genie0071

I read over 121 comments & it sounded like trash regardless of what we feel or think of kenya or taylor there makining money he has talent & so does she both of them wouldn't of made it 2 a record deal if no 1 has seen there talent the man said sorry that should b it ..alot of people got played on there talent whom should of gotten awards but didn't so yea he was wrong but he did wat should of took place later on not like that it was wrong...stop playing the race card yall..

September 6, 2010 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  99. CanaLyn

...Just to remind everyone, there are a very few – if any – artists who will endure from this generation, and neither Kanye West nor Taylor Swift will be among those select few. They, like so many other acts, will fade into obscurity, as will their many differences and disputes.

September 6, 2010 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  100. angel eyes

Give the guy a break....sheesh, so what did he do so wrong that he has to keep apologizing? I would like to see the same kind of remorse from Chris Brown and others who actually hurt women and continues to deny the what they did and go back to making the money. Taylor enjoyed all publicity from this incident and contines to do so....who exactly got hurt here....??? Time to bury this stupid incident.

September 6, 2010 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  101. whatever

reverse racism..ever heard of it ? i:e:websites advertised for the black/hispanic/asian etc. community,t.v. stations for the black/hispanic/asian etc. community..what if we advertised a website (on t.v.)for the white community,or a t.v. station for the white community..there would be an ungodly cry of racism..get over it people..its 2010..we had nothing to do with the race problems of the past..Yes, racism is out there..but the reverse racism is 10x's worse these days..Kayne your a racist pig and you need to crawl back in your hole and cry to someone that cares..Your music sucks and so do you...Taylor was just a lil girl at the time and you ruined what should have been one of the greatest moments of her life..

September 6, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  102. My Tumy Go Rawr

Adults are stupid heres a couple reasons why. 1 show your respect you dont know Taylor Or Kanye s called them Taylor swift or kanye west. 2 she going to accept it anyways for publicity. 3 if Mr west has fake talent how come your not in his place. 4 you only hate kanye cause he got whatyou dont. And 5 for kanye till still do him with all yall morons out there calling him racist when you guys are prejudice YOUR STUPID. Ps probs to Taylor swift. ps ps go back to schools. pls send all comments to daillestpoet@hotmail.com

September 6, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Melissa

HEY! You referred to him as KAYNE!! YOU'RE SO DISRESPECTFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!@!@!@!#####@#!@!@!#!$$@!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and it's YOU'RE stupid. Just like YOU'RE the one who needs to go back to school, you moron.

September 6, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Melissa

It's not about race? Didn't he say that Beyonce deserved the award, not Taylor? You want the black girl to win, not the white girl, and it's not about race? And guess what Kayne, IT'S NOT UP TO YOU!!!! I can't stand this guy and how he thinks his opinion is the only one that matters. No one cares, you moron. You're not as great as you think, you ignorant, arrogant loser.

September 6, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Lamont Cranston

Kanye West is a Gay Fish, Yo!

September 6, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Lisa

Now wait a sec,Trace Adkins wouldnt have done that to Beyonce.

September 6, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Kenneblaze

I guess a racist knows another racist...career over? Kanye's wont be over anytime soon u other little racist u...LMGDFAO!!!!

September 6, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Cydney

I love Kanye West.

September 6, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  108. LP

Honestly, Beyonce did have an awesome video. It takes a lot of practice to pull of a Beyonce video. That is my opinion. Kanye should not have interrupted Ms. Swift, but he made some sense. I laughed super hard when I saw it. Take it as a part of Affirmitive Action people!!! Taylor shoudl strive to become a better artist and get along with her fellow artists. Beyonce should be her romodel. She will have to grow boobs and a butt, but GO TAYLOR!

September 6, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  109. stan t

of course its not about race. kanye west doesnt care about black people. heck george bush gave more money to katrina relief than kanye did.

September 6, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Jae

All of Taylor Swift's songs sound the same. I am sick of hearing about her and her music.

September 6, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  111. lishia

Calm down it is not that serious y'all. question Why every time something goes on its always got to be about race? Stop playing the race card this is 2010 so get over it. Let them live there lives and finish reaching there goals as artists

September 6, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Lemonhead

Wait – didn't Kanye already give a heartfelt apology on Leno last year? So, is he doing this one because that one wasn't sincere? How suprising. Kanye is a complete waste of a fake talent. This guy doesn't deserve to have a career. Glad people still hate him so much.

September 6, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  113. matt.

whatever dude. it's amazing that you got all that money but still don't have a life.

September 6, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Mike V

The article is nothing but marketing/publicity for the upcoming VMAs.

September 6, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Tay

Well i dont belive ur sincerness kanye but it is all up to taylor if she wants to because i bet u this apology aint from the heart and your lawyer paid you to do this for simpathy to u

September 6, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  116. What What... In that butt

Calm down kanye settle down

September 6, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Frank N. Stine

Another racist that is trying to apologize without actually doing so...he must have taken his cue from Floyd Mayweather Jr...just goes to show how they think the general population is a bunch of idiots...

September 6, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  118. rcasteel

Okay KW, buty you're still an @$$h013

September 6, 2010 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Chavon

Kanye once again is trying clear his name. He feels like the witch because he is and so now he wants others to feel sorry for his sorry butt. Taylor did nothing wrong and didn't deserve that bull mess. I hope he continues to suffer.

September 6, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Joe

Is it just me or is a Twitter anything, apology, condolences, etc. about the lowest form of communicating something anyway. If you abuse someone on national television, try taking the time to write a letter at the very least.

September 6, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  121. nunu

sandra's an idiot like cris anyway you idiots supporting taylor mediocre swift are morons she sounds like every other watered down girl on the radio they're all the same and sound the same as do the same fools they rotate around at each wack ass awards show. the ones with real talent don't get the attention they deserve.

September 6, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  122. boscobear

Enough of theis guy already, his career is going nowhere and he uses his rude behaviour to get publicity.

September 6, 2010 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  123. lisa

Ummm Kanye I don't think u would be apologizing if ur career hadn't suffered so. We all have our opinions on who should win what. Why would u ever think your opinion is most important.

September 6, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Mysedai

Huh. I wasn't aware that jeans and an untucked pleather shirt were condidered tasteful at a nightclub these days, let alone a black-tie awards ceremony.

September 6, 2010 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  125. bumble

What an ass.

September 6, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  126. TEXT GAL

Did You Hear What Obama Called Him?

September 6, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  127. The truth

Kanye is trying to get his spotlight back, sorry apology took to long. Why do you think he wrote a song for Taylor and if she was to go through with it there goes his hit he wrote for Taylor. Throw it in the trash Taylor he wants you to get him back on his feet. And that's the truth and that's coming from someone who's not white. Leave the race crap alone it's just his ignorance that made him mess up in the first place

September 6, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  128. potterfan612

Taylor Swift is just Hilary Duff and Ashlee Simpson rolled into one. Really think about it. I won't be a fool and waste my money. Like Ashlee, Hilary, in less than no time she won't even b around, and you'll still have that cd collecting dust on your shelf. Remember how popular the Backstreet Boys were? And now?

September 6, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  129. What What... In that butt

I wonder if Kanye really does love fish sticks. Of course, because he is a genius.

September 6, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Antony

wow funny how all the country music fans/bumkins came out to support the little white girl. what he did was wrong yeah but who are y'all to keep bashing the man

September 6, 2010 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  131. gwats

Kanye, you stole that girl's moment in the Sun and all the apologies in the World won't bring it back. Sometimes, you can't take your actions back. Loser.

September 6, 2010 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Greggo

Kanye West???? That racist, no-talent loser??? I thought he was dead. Oh...that's right....he's brain dead. Crawl back into that barrel of s..t punk. Right to the very bottom...where you belong. And please do us all a favor....stay there.

September 6, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Tony

Oh Yeah..........I see some of you fools want to throw in politics on this issue! What does Republicans and Democrats and Tea-Baggers have to with any of this? This has nothing to do with politics..and everything to do with common sense and decency, which politicians AND West dont have a grip on yet! If someone asked for the time of day, one of you idiots would make it political! GEEEEEEEZ People....grow up!

September 6, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Jibola

To err is human, we need to forget about the incident and move on, even though we all find it distasteful.

September 6, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Codeen

Everybody makes mistakes in this life- kanye is a great artist.. Underrated in my book- at least he admits that what he did was wrong, give the guy a break and stop hatin- music makes the world spin- (ya boy codeen) from chi- town to texas-play on playaz

September 6, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Tony

I for one wont be watching the VMA's.......how many of you will watch it.......since you're so against him, then prove it....
    DONT WATCH IT!!!! If the ratings go down, then maybe the idiots that run these award shows will wake up and ban him from ALL award shows!

September 6, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  137. sundown

oh please!! this BOZO is still around? why a year later? are u losing fans! too bad u r not sincere enough to really mean this apology. get a life!

September 6, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  138. pierce

I lost all respect for him when he said that black men prefer white women because they are cleaner and dont eat like pigs.

I hope he just goes away.

September 6, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  139. pierce

How can you take anybody seriously who has hierglyphics on his head?

Further, Kanye is pure and unadulterated ghetto. God help American with idiots like this running around.

September 6, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  140. WillDweezy

Objectivityiskey, how pathetic is your life that you have time to provide seemingly unlimited comments that do nothing but make you look like a complete mongoloid?
    LMAO. Lick deez, moron.

September 6, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Natasha

Oops sure.. lol

September 6, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Tyler

"I watched Justin Timberlake at the Grammies loose every televised award including album of the year which the Dixie Chicks won." He spelled 'lose' wrong.. What an idiot.

September 6, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Brandy

ObjectivityIsKey....... ur "comebacks" r if the mind of someone in middle school...: "your fat" ????? U said that to a few ppl... really?? Ur "intelligence" is no longer amusing

September 6, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Natasha

I feel that he is sorry cuz he looks bad, and will do it again.. do u rember bush doesnt like black pepole... lol im sure he gets how wrong he was to act that way and how rude, im sufre he still feels the same just in need of getting back in the public just on a positive note...

September 6, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  145. juan

The guy has a big mouth and has made a fool of himself several times but I think now he is sincere. But his music still sucks

September 6, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Slim

Kanye's actions were wrong. NO DOUBT. However it takes certain incidents in life for people to change or really see themselves. If he is sorry only God knows his heart. No need to make inaccurate judgements. I had a friend apologize after 4 years and I believed her. And maybe at that time he wouldnt have done that to a black person but people can change. Entertainers, poloticians, athletes, and actors do stupid stuff all time known and unknown and we still support them by whatever means. Taylor is talented and Im sure she will get many other awards too and Im sure she is more thick-skinned now which makes a person better than ever. And as for Kanye this was a very humbling experience which he NEEDED no doubt. Do good to those that hurt you or else you give them power!!

September 6, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • ObjectivityisKey

yeah, when you don't forgive, you're giving away POWER. which is ironically Kanye's hit song now. lulz

September 6, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  147. music lover

I can't wait for Kanye's album.

September 6, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  148. TeaBaggers

I bet the majority of you throwing insults at Kanye are nothing but 'teabaggers' who probably thinks the president is a muslim, which says a lot about you and your intelligence. Yes, what Kanye did was rude, but get over it. So keep voting republican with your stupidity & your precious little Taylor Swift can cry me a river.

September 6, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • MamaJ

Do you even know what the term "teabagger" really means??? It's something gays do, use your imagination. Must not, or you wouldn't have used it as your name. What a jerk!

September 7, 2010 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  149. concerned white guy

Kanye west is a dick, yes this is certainly true, but did taylor swift truly deserve the award-NO she didn't. Sorry bloggers, kanye may have handled the situation poorly, but he was in fact correct in his assesment.Take it from a concerned white guy :/

September 6, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Ben

Well this is no excuse but he was drunk. And what does it matter to u wether his apology is sencere or not u dont know that for fact also dealing with the katrina issue i agree with him in a sense emotions were high people died and most of the faces on tv were black and it looked as tho nothing was being done. People are so quik to judge and ridicule others as if they are perfect themselves

September 6, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Brittany

For your information people Kayne already apologized and Taylor accepted a year ago. If she got over it then you should too! Stop taking it so personally! Everyone has done something they needed to be forgiven for so who are we to say he is not sincere? So get off your high horses and find something productive to do! BTW Taylor's career benefited a lot from that incident and Kanye will ALWAYS be relevant in music you morons!

September 6, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • ObjectivityisKey

right on brittany! well people here don't have jobs, recession is really bad. hihi

September 6, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  152. cosmic 1

Kanye. What an Obama.

September 6, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Joyce

Taylor said a long time ago that she had accepted his apology. I don't care for his music and i do think what he did was wrong. However, this man has never done a thing to me. I don't have to forgive him . Neither does anyone else for that matter except Taylor. I find no need to forgive someone for what is said or done to anybody other than me.

September 6, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  154. lisa

Objectivelyanidiot

Kanye, is that you?

It wasn't worth reading , thanks for the waste of time. Point is he never learns from the SAME mistake over and over again.

September 6, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Thatruthurts

I dnt know why he apologized!beyonce should have won!

September 6, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  156. lisa

He has a history of showing his self up on live feeds, etc. For example, the one, I believe for red cross. Just one of many times he should have just kept his big mouth shut. You would think he would learn but he's too stupid.

No one cares about your apology. Learn some manners and respect

September 6, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • ObjectivityisKey

yes and so? you know everybody has history at the end of the day, it's how we make ourselves better. Don't believe him if you don't want to. Thank you, you may stop reading this now.

September 6, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  157. cris

ObjectivityisKey.... your Objectivityis flawed... same as your life is flawed...

September 6, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • ObjectivityisKey

hey everyone, cris knows that facts even before they happen, he knows what numbers will come out in the LOTTERY TOMORROW. He will treat is in BURGER KING!!!!! hell yeah!

September 6, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  158. cris

it took this guy a year to realized that the impact on his actions is starting to take toll, yeah that's right this f'en guy thinks that he can rebound after that incident. HELLO Mcfly... your career is done... You imbecile!!!
    Oh yeah... he's black so we just need to forgive him because he's black.. moron...

September 6, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • ObjectivityisKey

baww... you talk as if you exactly know what happened. *clap**clap*. guess what you're going to grow old alone with some caregiver wiping your butt and you couldn't even pay for it. Go get another job.

September 6, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  159. ObjectivityisKey

I wish to all the HATERS that they make a big mistake in their life and that nobody believes them that they wish they didn't do it, and nobody forgives them too. GET OVER IT. Kanye & taylor has nothing to do with your failed relationships and your other failures in life. GET OVER IT. And for those saying Kanye's irrelevant now, do you really believe that? haha. Im not a kanye fan but i do know very well that he is still an accomplished person, but still is human like everyone else. GET OVER IT.

September 6, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Mac

Oh yea right...guess we are running out of money. He just needs her to help jumpstart his career since his character went down in the toilet.

September 6, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  161. tcc1118

Taylor is going to accept his apology, as well she should. They will have a public reconciliaton, and probably do a record together. And they will become an example of forgivness, where a guy (no matter how moronic he his) did something selfish and stupid, and the hurt Woman gives him the benefit of doubt, and gives forgivness. Maybe she even remembered how she made a mistake once, and needed forgivness...and recieved it. It is an amazing thing when one is forgiven, and allowed to grow frœm his/Her mistake. It doesn't matter if Kanye is sincere. His act of apology is bigger than his ego. Her impending act of forgivness will complete the example...and someone, even if its only 1, will learn about apologizing & forgiving...and the tranformative effect of those acts, especially, when coupled.
    It is amazing how much cynicism exists.

September 6, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Kayne West

CNN entertainment I am real happy for you and I will let you finish! I just wanted to say that TMZ entertainment is the best entertainment news source of all time! Of all time!!!!! ;-)~

September 6, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Stryker

An artist can make music into a masterpiece of melody,rythm, and meaning. What counts even more is how these artist conduct themselves. I enjoyed and purchased your songs in the past yet now the music I once enjoyed are now meaningless, that I now consider a wate of time and money. Not a fan of Taylor, but your actions were seriously in bad form and to apologise now, raises the question in your sincerity. Good luck and hope your hearts in the right place.

September 6, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • ObjectivityisKey

you don't read the news don't you? He already apologized before and we are not in the position to assume he wasn't sincere and even now.

September 6, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Andre

Let ye without sin cast the first stone.......hypocrites, have we forgotten what forgivness is!!! im not even a huge Kanye fane but to see u all caste stones like this is humiliation to the human race....

September 6, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  165. none

Also people make misatke so get over it gosh taylor swift is fine she making music so get over it

September 6, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  166. beyonce

Look beyince had nothing do with the conversation she was shocked that he said that taylor can stand up for herselfs and Nobody rasict he could have did that to anyone female, male, black or white so don`t act u kno who they are their probobly nice so yeah and he said he was sry and nobodys a moron! that waz a year ago

September 6, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  167. James

It's pretty sad this guy Thinks HE should be the guy to jump on stage and let America know who "He" thinks should win!!!

September 6, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  168. WOW

GET OVER IT PEOPLE.

September 6, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  169. I-DONT-CARE !

Kanye should just accept he is no longer relevant to the music scene.
    He's self-serving behavior as human being indicates this is all an up front attempt to get back to making money.
    He's done as an entertainer- 6 under, and lacks real talent the would help bring him back.

September 6, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • wolfpack

Kanye's not relevant to the music industry anymore? You must not be very current with the hip hop world then buddy

September 6, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • I-STILL-DONT-CARE

According to BILLBOARD.COM – KW is 31 on the charts and falling.

September 6, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Beyonce

does this mean I can have my speach time back?

September 6, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • mammajohanna

Only if you have someone write it or you spelled properly....

September 6, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Angela

GET OVER IT PEOPLE! So Kanye made a terrible mistake, geez, forgive and move on! I'm sure Taylor has moved on, why are the rest of you so bitter? Talent or no talent- whatever your opinions may be about Kanye and Taylor, fact is they are public personas who could use this moment(a year later now) and teach the rest of us how mistakes happen but are followed by apologizes and forgiveness with everyone moving forward– PLEASE! P.S. I'm still a fan Kanye! Keep hope alive!
    PEACE to all!

September 6, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • sandra

I used to be a Kanye fan, too, until I realized he's a d-bag racist thug with zero brains and less class. If you wanna grease the pockets of that, it's your business. But there are really wonderful artists out there that are also wonderful people, and those are the ones I'll pay to see and hear.

September 6, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • ObjectivityisKey

it's funny Sandra obviously don't know how to stand for herself. *clap*clap*

September 6, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  172. sandra

He would NEVER have done that to a black chick. He's just a racist thug, and he can count me out forever as a fan. And the fact that Beyonce didn't stand up to him just shows that she's one, too. Woman should stick together no matter their color against men who are humiliating/hurting them...and on National TV, no less. She seems nice on the outside, but obviously has a heart of stone for whites.

September 6, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • lmao!

i highly doubt kanye will lose sleep over not having you as a fan sandra.... you sound like a whack job!!

September 6, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • ObjectivityisKey

well said lmao! lmao! haha

September 6, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lmao!

sandra.., you must have not watched the vma's because beyonce looked mortified when kanye did that, and asked taylor to share the stage w/her when she won her award, and allowed taylor to finish your speech. Everyone was talking about what a class act beyonce was after that. what more was she supposed to do? give her award to taylor? and don't bring race into it! taylor was over awarded and everyone knows it. she's cute and darling but she's not nearly as talented as some of the people in that room that night!

September 6, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • mammajohanna

You are right. And as LMAO thinks he wont loose sleep over not having you as a fan...lmao...he apparently is because it's not just you...it's alot more. Otherwise he wouldn't be groveling. He's a sorry excuse for a "celebrity??"

September 6, 2010 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • NaggersSuk

Sandra is right. Anyone who can't see that has their head in the sand or is black.

September 7, 2010 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  173. Lucious

Just like they did with "In Through the Out Door" when punk came along in the late-70's, a Zep tour would be a welcome reminder of what REAL music is to all the crud on radio today.

September 6, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Will

Kayne who? Taylor what? (YAAAAAWN) Just wake me up when Zeppelin finally reunites for a tour. Now, THAT would be news-worthy.

September 6, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  175. kanye fan

oh please kanye.....no need to apologize for making miss zero talent into an overnight star!! Did she ever thank you on twitter – cause she most certainly should have w/ her 2 bit talent!

September 6, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • sandra

You're an idiot. Regardless of how you or Kanyass feel about Taylor's music, what he did was bottom-of-the-barrel stupid and RUDE. And to say HE made Taylor a household name shows how very, very stupid you are. Anyway, we both know that you don't really believe that, you're just saying it to prove how utterly, ridiculously petty and classless you are. Good job. You're a moron and now everyone knows it.

September 6, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Do Right

There is right and there is wrong. That was wrong. You make his fans look as ignorant as he did.

September 6, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • sandra is such an ugly name

hey stupid sandra- your rant sounds personal. what kanye did has hurt him incredibly and has been paying for it ever since- in a twist of irony....the incident left taylor more rich & famous. Sorry, but other more deserving artists (not kanye) got robbed of the awards and accolades that went to taylor instead. If anything kanye should apologize to those other artists!

September 6, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • leshan

you can hate kanyeezy for interrupting that lil skinny broad all you want,but he"s talent is unquestionable,the boy got skills as a rapper and producer dont get it twisted,and he got some cold louis v shoes out on the market right now,they said chris browns career was over after the rhianna incident,look at em now #1 single and movie(deuces,takers),it is about race, you cant keep a black man down,hold ya head mr.west,do you!

September 7, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  176. Jamal

pathetic... no respect for this clown. lets get um out of the media and focus on real artists. this guys been walkin around wit his head in the clouds for to long thinkin hes somethin great. his name aint even worth mentioning anymore.

September 6, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Don

He is a nobody. I would not hire him to roof a house.

September 6, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Sammie

Kanye who??? Oh that idiot who thinks he is something special? Cant he just go in a hole and stay there? Kanye your music doesn't even compare to Taylor's she has talent you are just annoying, pathetic and you think you're great but you are a has been. Nobody wants to hear about you. Nobody cares about your apology because its not sincere it's a last resort for somebody to like you. We don't and never will... get over it.

September 6, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Jessica

Wow i think everybody can pretty much tell this is all a lie to get his popularity back.i don't even think he knows how much he hurt her. even if she still says she is fine whenever she remembers that moment now she is going to remember when kanye took it away from her. Just stope kanye Its been a year nobody is going to believe you.

September 6, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  180. hannah

Now he apologizes because nobody likes him. Oh well your right we dont like you and don't miss you or your music. This is obviously not sincere or he would've done it a year ago. Just trying to gain some fans back huh Kanye? Guess what your not that talented and your personality sucks. We all pretty much forgot you existed and would rather not hear about you anyways. Years from now Taylor will still be on top and you will be a nobody.

September 6, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Bibo

Race??? Well if he had been Trace Adkins doing that to Beyonce it would have been a totally different story. Race. Whatever. Its real sincere to come out on twitter, real classy but then again what do you expect from someone with Aztec symbols carved in their scalp.

September 6, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  182. dr.jackyl

will an apology on twitter really mend swift's feelings.. it was her moment and west completely destroyed it!!!!.... utter disgrace.... maybe he can do something n try n bring back the moment for swift..

September 6, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  183. cedo

that incident was indeed disgraceful

September 6, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Lori

Not about what? race? ahhhhh, nevahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! yeah, well, tell that to the fairies!! and now you're so, so, sorry after a year? only cause even ya buddies havnt stood by ya? ohhhhhhhhhh, poor, poor baby! she dont need no apology from you cause she even forgot who you are by now!! You go Taylor girl!! you go!!

September 6, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  185. BraveHeart

Kanye West who? Is he still around? I thought he was still hiding under a rock some where with the other snakes. Kanye West who? This is a non story from a non talented person. Go back under the rock where you belong.

September 6, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  186. billp

After a year? This guy is a drunken, intolerant fool. Nobody will believe he is sincere here.

September 6, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • ObjectivityisKey

that you don't know my friend

September 6, 2010 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

It's odd that his apology seems to be:

"I'm so sorry I told the truth about how I don't think you're a very good artist. I don't think the Dixie Chicks are very good either! Why is everyone so mean to me for telling the truth? Anyway, sorry."

September 6, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • ObjectivityisKey

Matt, do more research and discern what kanye is really trying to do. He wasn't apologizing for what he thinks is the truth, he apologized for he just knows he's in the wrong.

September 6, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • ObjectivityisKey

You all have it wrong with kayne being drunk. He has been on crack for years now and needs the hennessy to help him forget that his girlfriend is bald and he has no talent. It was the crack that did it to him not the hennessy!

September 6, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brandy

I agree with Matt. First of all, it took a yr and the come of the next VMA's for an apology?? Also, he was saying that he's sorry but Swift and Dixie Chicks suck....so yea, think he needs to get sober, stay in his seat and be respectful.....keep his opinions to himself.

September 6, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mtka

This is not an apology. He has suffered a huge backlash, booing at concerts and loss of music sales – as he willingly admits. He is using this as an opportunity to improve his image. I don't fall for this crap. This is the most "self serving" apology I've ever heard.

September 6, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lemonhead

I vote for insincere. I think most of the comments here agree.

September 6, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • patrick crowson

u left out deuche

September 6, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leo

TOO LATE TO SAY SORRY DAMAGE IS DONE. MAYBE NEXT TIME YOU WILL THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK OR MAYBE YOU THINK YOUR SPECAIL AND HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT YOU WANT EVEN IF IT HURTS OTHERS. I HOPE THIS COST YOU MILLIONS.

September 7, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Kevin B.

I think he should've shaved the apology onto his head.

September 7, 2010 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Zed

Kanye is not the Wicked Witch of the West; she had the good sense to melt and disappear.

September 7, 2010 at 4:30 am | Report abuse |
    • MD

Too late, you idiot. He is a jerk....for real.

September 7, 2010 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
    • bailoutsos

II think he qualifies to be on Dancing With The Stars.

September 7, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
    • kaypeope

He is such a tool, always has been. I also enjoy how he used the incorrect "lose"

September 7, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
    • KanyeWho

This egomaniac is only sorry that his career suffered. He has no consideration for anyone but himself. He would do it again if he thought he could get away with it.

September 7, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard

Eh, most of these controversies die off after a few weeks. I think it shows something that he's still trying to make amends a year later instead of sweeping it under the rug.

September 8, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |