Martha Stewart wants to be the next Larry King
September 3rd, 2010

Martha Stewart wants to be the next Larry King

Can Martha Stewart fill Larry King's suspenders as a great TV interviewer? She sure thinks so.

The domestic diva, who conducts a series of heart-to-hearts on the September 19 Hallmark Channel prime-time special "Martha Stewart Presents," revealed that she has designs on becoming a renowned television talker.

"My favorite interviewers are Larry King, 76, and Barbara Walters, 80 - both of whom are kind of retiring," said Stewart, 69. "Who's going to take their place as the serious, great interviewer? I'm throwing my name in there, because I love to talk to people."

Though Stewart interviews designers Donna Karan, Diane von Furstenberg, Tory Burch and Jenna Lyons on her Hallmark Channel special, she is eager to sit down with people like first lady Michelle Obama, her favorite comedians and especially "the hottest, sexiest young male movie stars," she said.

"Who are they? Who are they really? How do they live? How do they cope?" Stewart asked. "That's another potential interview show."

For now, however, she'll settle for "dates" with her two new male staffers, which will air as segments on her daily talk show. "They take me to their kinds of places," Stewart said, "and I take them to my kinds of places."

We think we just discovered the next "Bachelorette"!

1. dori2u

I lost all repect for her after the way she trashed Sara Palin. I don't think she even knows her. do any of us really?

September 8, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Bonnie

I love Martha, but as an interviewer, she tends to turn things around to her, and not the guest. Sometimes I don't think she is following the conversation, and often cuts off her guests before they finish their thought.

September 6, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Susan - Canada

I personally think Ryan Seacrest would do a good job....

September 4, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Revulsed

CNN should get somebody from outside the box. A relative unknown. Someone who has that interviewer magic.
    Martha Stewart is so unsuitable that this must be some sort of cruel joke.

September 4, 2010 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  5. Lee

Please...all Martha does is make every interview all about her. Boring!

Joy Behar as a replacement? HA! You've gotta be kidding! Unless you're a flaming liberal Behar has no use for or interest in you!

September 4, 2010 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  6. LL

The thing about Martha is that she talks down to people and only wants to mingle with the "haves" and not the "have nots" which isn't appealing at all. Barbara, Larry and Katie can all talk to anyone from any class, race, ethnicity, gender, etc. While Katie would be a good replacement, I actually think Steve Morell or Joy Behar would be good replacements.

The only person I'd prefer Martha over would be Sarah Palin.

September 3, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Larry King

And she'll do it with a dash of cinnamon...

September 3, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Emelem

I think the next host should be Katie Couric. She LOVES nothing more than to interview celebs. Besides, we don't care for her dishing out the news (the style does not suit her).

September 3, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • aNobodyinFlorida

I'll second that..Katie would be a good choice ...........

September 3, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |