Chris Brown is No. 1 on the R&B/Hip-Hop chart
September 3rd, 2010

Chris Brown is No. 1 on the R&B/Hip-Hop chart

In the latest reports from Billboard, Chris Brown’s newest single, “Deuces,” is the No. 1 song on the R&B/Hip-Hop chart. An ode to saying goodbye to a former lover, “Deuces” features Tyga and Kevin McCall, and marks Brown’s first time at the top since 2006.

Brown’s last two stints atop the R&B/Hip-Hop chart were 2005’s “Run It!” and “Say Goodbye” the next year. This is obviously great news for Brown, who saw his career suffer after his domestic abuse incident with ex-girlfriend Rihanna. Brown’s last album, “Graffiti,” sold only 319,000 units according to Nielsen SoundScan.

For Brown, the news of his No. 1 song comes right after he and his co-stars from the heist flick “Takers” found out they were at the top of the box office, just edging out “The Last Exorcism.”

“#1 single in the country and the #1 movie in the country,” Brown wrote via his Twitter account. “Life has turned around for me. I couldn’t be more happier. Thanks to the fans.”

According to Billboard, there has been no word on when Brown’s next studio release will come out, but the 21-year-old singer tweeted Wednesday that fans should expect another single from him, "Calypso," soon.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

« Previous entry
  1. social exposure

It's actually a cool and useful piece of info. I'm glad that you shared this useful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

September 13, 2012 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  2. hip hop vancouver

Someone essentially assist to make significantly posts I might state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and so far? I surprised with the research you made to create this particular publish amazing. Wonderful task!

May 13, 2012 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  3. Maya Babii

I love chris brown to death and ef some body gat some negative to say we love you

September 13, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  4. Eshaneua

Let's see there's a long list of WOMAN ABUSERS AND COCAINE USERS who went on to rejuvenate their careers–you've got SEAN PENN, CHARLIE SHEEN, MEL GIBSON, STEVEN SEGAL, DAVID HASLEHOFF, just to name a few. Question: WHY IS CHRIS BROWN AN EXCEPTION???!!!!!????

September 12, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  5. Morgan

i never do this, but this link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDIv1xeU8yA - is for a fresh new young artist DESERVING of people's attention. he's got drive and determination and just needs a little support from the people. support him while u support the other artist's u like with just one click to his new youtube video.....we'd appreciate it!

September 8, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  6. racist white guy

hey NUNU what about the juice u know OJ he got away with murder

September 7, 2010 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
    • joe

R Kelly, Tiger Woods, half of the NFL and NBA. It's not race, it's wealth. Rich people get off. Black or white.

September 7, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  7. nunu

when did anyone play the race card mike? you want to well lets see: lindsey, paris. what am i talking about? these broads drink and drive over and over endangering the lives of others and they go to jail for what 30, no 15 days. why, because they are poooor lil white girls who are crying for help or just victims. please when black celebrities do anything no matter how small they dont let them forget it or they actually serve time.

September 6, 2010 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Al Gore's therapist

Isn't this guy Kanye's boyfriend?

September 6, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Agatha Moore

Congradulation Mr. Brown, I am glad to see things working out for you., may Gd bless you. You have alot of people and God on your side. I am so happy for you. The best is yet to come.

September 6, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Will

You're an idiot, Agatha. Abuse a defensless woman, then what do you get? A supportive record company and a fan base with Alzheimers who are in essence approving domestic violence. With EVERY purchase of Mr. Brown's album, you are telling every abuser that it's ok to hit, pound, cut, bite, stick, etc... You'll still be loved and worshipped, anyway!!! Friggin' idiots with no backbone....

September 6, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lmao

Will; STFU. With every purchase of Rihanna's CD, you are telling every FEMALE abuser that it's ok to take off your shoe and beat your boyfriend in the head and punch him in the face first for cheating. STOP calling people names cause we have FORGIVEN Chris Brown. Did you walk on water? Your too quick to pass judgement. Shutup please and move on.

September 6, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jackie W.

Oh and Debbie, don't forget James Brown, Rick James and countless other stars. Chris you keep your head up if these people got second chances so can you

September 6, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mike Love

don't judge anybody for what they have done, if you have ever done anything wrong in your life which you have then you are not perfect. Imperfect people can not look down on other imperfect people because you would be the same as the person you judge....Get a life, don't hate on someone else's.

September 6, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. nkrumah land

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :)
    CB IS THE MAN!!! TAKERS, DEAUCES WHAT ELSE....GOD BLESS U :)

September 6, 2010 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  13. Vaughn

I am so proud that Chris was able to turn around his bad situation. Everyone make mistakes and all mistakes are forgiveable. It's amazing how people can critize someone as if they are so perfect and never done anything wrong. But in the same breathe we dismiss others issues. For men who say "I'd never hit a woman." Please, you don't know what you would do when a female pushes you to that limit. And for females who say "Chris Brown is wrong and does not deserve another chance." You are probably the females that have been hit because you pushed someone to their limit. Not in favor of men hitting women. However, all females know how to get the living crap smacked out of them. It's the golden rule: Do unto others as you have them do unto you? I'm in a car and smacking and punching my man upside the head... I'm asking him to do the same. DUH!

So everyone who does not realize this, Chris, give them the middle finger and then the index... DUECES!

September 6, 2010 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  14. alani

It was time for him to change Genre, and he did. I am pleased that he found support and is moving on with his life. He is a young man, and made a very public mistake. Had the media not gotten a hold of the story, it would have died down much sooner. Those who want to keep AA's down, will build up anything that they do. He is not Charlie Sheen or Mel Gibson, this is a young AA man coming to his own. He has to surround himself with friends and understand that there are people out there who want him to fail. Americans love to build people up and then tear them down. It is all about business and as long as he takes care of business, he will be fine.

September 5, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Kerra

My definition of "role model" for Chris Brown:
    Someone who made a horrible mistake, but now has the chance to redeem himself and show young men that what he did was wrong and not to follow suit.

If you hate chris brown so much, why the hell are you here? Honestly, coming onto a site and BASHING all the people who have forgiven him shows how pathetic you are.

September 5, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  16. sacha

No.1 way to go Chris.....dont let it go to your head.....

September 5, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Hana

U deserve it , chris u rock

September 5, 2010 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  18. Mike

Meant when they found OJ Simpson NOT GUILTY....was typng too fast.

September 5, 2010 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
  19. Mike

They don't care.......they re-elected Marion Barry,former mayor of DC when he was caught red-handed doing crack on camera andd lying, they all applauded when OJ Simpson was found guilty. Black people ALWWAYS play the race card and as long as he/she(the star) is black and they are black they are "family," and they don't care. Who do you think helped him to be # 1--his own cousins. Don't even get me started.

September 5, 2010 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |
  20. nick

chris is back at number one i see all the haters didnt slow him down

September 5, 2010 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  21. nick

@joe get alife loser

September 5, 2010 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  22. Joe

I hate women who are l like " Oh my gaaawd Chriiss i LOVEE youuu, everyonee onee maakess mistaakees babiii". You have to be an idiot to believe that, you really do. Open your eyes for once and realize that this guy's actions are basically unforgivable, especially to all the women out there. By supporting him your basically saying that after pummeling a defenseless young girls face, it's fine, because you make 'good' music.

September 5, 2010 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Muffy

Yes, because Chris Brown was the first man in history to hit a female. No another famous man in history has done it, Chris invented it! I'm pretty sure you support entertainers who did it like it was a second career to them! Go b!tch about them.

September 15, 2010 at 3:42 am | Report abuse |
  23. SKY

1. YOU ARE NOT A ROLE MODEL, DON'T LET PEOPLE LABEL YOU AS ONE.
    2. THE MEDIA WILL JUDGE YOUR HARSHLY IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN.
    3. AND PLEASE KEEP GOD OUT OF THIS IF YOU ARE STILL DOING THINGS
    THAT GOD DISAPROVE OF.

September 5, 2010 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  24. Debbie

Good for you Chris Brown.....Keep doing good.....Keep up your counseling, and stay good with your probation.....I am rooting for you.....I know your mom is proud.....Congrats.....I am glad you are back on the radio, and I was very glad to see you in the movie last Friday.....

September 4, 2010 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Roger

we all make mistakes, but if we learn from them that what makes us a better person, chris you don't have to worry cause your moving on to bigger and brighter things can't say the same for for all of your haters they will never get to where you are in your life, haters love to put people down the real fans will keep building you up keep reaching for the stars..

September 4, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Amanda

i think he did learn his lesson and now he is rising above his mistakes.
    so good for him!
    TEAM BROWN!

September 4, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  27. LaborPain

Oh, # 1 doesn't mean anything if it doesn't translate to sales. Which hasn't happen for him.

September 4, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  28. LaborPain

Chris Brown "talent" is a dime a dozen. They're all doing the same moves and music..it all sounds alike so if Chris Brown never makes another song/CD he won't be miss. As far as forgiving its not my place to do so because he didn't beat me... however, it doesn't mean I will run out and give him my hard earn money, I mean really..whats the point because his music brings what? if I want dance and music I'll listen to a real talented artist, MJ ..thats where all these young guys stole their styles from...

September 4, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  29. Takeesha

I am so glad that Chris is getting his life back on track. Obviously it is starting to pay off. I love his song "Deuces", and I cannot wait to hear his new song "Calypso."

September 4, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  30. crash crash

I am so happy that he is back, we missed him and missed his nice songs. welcome back now and forever

September 4, 2010 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  31. Janet Fletcher

Sarah J. is a teabagger (the new KKK). Chris Brown keep looking up, you are so talented. I saw the movies Takerd and when Chris Brown came on people stood up and clapped and after the movies eveyone stood up and clapped and chanted Chris Brown. The media is the one who started this. By the way, a good holiday movies to really show his talents and soft side is This Christmas (one of my favorites) a must see if you are a Chris Brown fan as I am. My granddaughter turned me on to him when he was 16 years old (yes I am an old lady).

September 3, 2010 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Michael Brown

Chris Brown it's the best... No1!!! Trust and believe.....

September 3, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  33. jasmine

Sarah are you board certified (or just bored) or boring. What gives you the right to classify Chris with these monsters. You must have some hidden secrets of your own. Seek help! And take your thumb out of your a$$

September 3, 2010 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Sarah J.

Anyone who beats a woman or any living being for that matter, should not be considered a role model or admired. Regardless of his talent, this individual does not deserve the recognition because of what he has done and what he is capable of: violence. Hitler was a talented artist. Does anyone forgive him today? Ted Bundy was charismatic, handsome, and extremely smart. Although these may be extreme comparisons, both of these men displayed aggressive behavior before committing their heinous acts of violence. Chris Brown is merely a ticking time bomb.

September 3, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kerra

Sarah J; Because you know his life? Who are you to judge? Absolutely no one. You say that Chris is a ticking time bomb, I think its only a matter of time before Rihanna causes someone else to do it to her. I bet you still watch Charlie Sheen on tv don't you? You do, no need to answer. It's crazy how people LOVE to kick someone when their down, and try to beat them back down when they finally have the chance to redeem themselves and stand. Instead of spreading hate, why don't you go take a nap?

September 4, 2010 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Takeesha

"Chris Brown is merely a ticking time bomb."
      And you know this how???

September 4, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Murse

Please stop with this self righteous talk. Why are you pointing a finger at him as though 'hitting a woman' is the crime of the century. We get it, he did wrong. Both men and women should refrain from violence. He did a stupid thing which I think he got off easy. But that does not end there. He can learn from his misdeeds and continue as a role model.

September 4, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Muffy

Wait, he's on Hitler's level now? Your opinion no longer matters

September 15, 2010 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
  35. Melissa b.

I juss want everii1 2 knoe that u shuldnt judge chris bcuz of wat hii did 2 rihanna.I want chris 2 knoe that i luv uu sooo much nd ii am soo happii 4 u n i have been wit uu since day 1 n i will never leeve u n 2 all of the haters leeve hym alone nd give hym another chance.chris i luv uu sooo much!! :-)

September 3, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • sad news

Melissa, Your spelling is a put on, right? There is no way a person over the age of 7 could spell so poorly, however, if that is truly the best you can do, then please, please do yourself a favor and have someone teach you to spell. Until then I wouldn't post anymore comments because right now they are nothing more than a joke.

September 4, 2010 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Murse

Your spelling is so ridiculous Melissa...it's hilarious.

September 4, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shawna

I know it looks bad, Sad News and Mr. Murse....but she was just "text" writing. Unfortunately many kids do it these days. I am sure her spelling is just fine (I hope). Don't let that stop her from voicing her opinion. :)

-share the love

September 6, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  36. YoungSinatra

I absolutely luv his new song 'DUECES'. That song is very simple but speaks to the very core of my soul right now. Thanks Chris.

September 3, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  37. TJ

Hey, if Charlie Sheen can continue his career then why can't Chris.

September 3, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Travis

Ah actually that is completely true. Chris didn't try and strangle Rhiana to death or threaten her with a weapon. Charlie Sheen did and was NOT! dragged through the press . I am happy for Mr Chris Brown with his success this week but please boys hitting woman is so 2 million years ago....

September 5, 2010 at 6:22 am | Report abuse |
  38. Rick

He will still make the best of his talent.

September 3, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Felix Soto

This old man wishes you the best.

September 3, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • jas

This old lady wishes you the same. Good luck in all you do. Stay strong and stay sweet.

September 3, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  40. SILVIA

I do hope he learned his lesson.. a lot of kids used to look up to him.. and he ruin a big part of that.... everyone deserves a second chance.. you have to be smart to make it right with that one chance tho.. He should do some announcements on t.v. against domestic abuse.. God gives all more than a second chance.. we can give him one...

September 3, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stephen

He did say he was against hitting woman because his mother went through it on the Tyra show a year before what happened with rihanna and look what happened. He is going to do this again. Only that time they won't just pat him on the fist and give him a light sentence. I still like the music though but after hearing his latest that won't last to long.

September 3, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Stephan

STFU! Chris Brown is a kid! 21 yrs of age is nothing. This kid has yet to live his life and ppl like you want to uproot him before he has a chance to grow! I find it interesting that SERIAL WIFE BEATER EMINEM is constantly lauded and applauded by you ppl and the media. He has had the #1 song on the Pop Charts for the last 6 wks with yet another song focusing on his ABUSED wife! Leave Chris Brown the hell alone he is at least trying, something that I have never seen wife beaters Eminem, Charlie Sheen, Mel Gibson, Steven Seagal, Axel Rose and the other adult men do. I am proud of you young man. Keep your head held high damn these fools!

September 4, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Allison

I agree. He is a talented kid, and deserves a second chance. God gave him his beautiful voice, and didn't intend for him to waste it. Chris Brown made a huge mistake. He has paid for his sin. It's time to forgive. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

September 5, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |