Move over, Barbie. HBO releases 'True Blood' figurines
September 2nd, 2010

Move over, Barbie. HBO releases 'True Blood' figurines

Move over, Barbie.

Sookie Stackhouse, Bill Compton and Eric Northman are no longer just characters on HBO’s “True Blood.” Now they’re figurines, too.

HBO is selling the figurines, which are now available for purchase, for $69.99 each. Although Life & Style reports that fans are going to have to wait until 2011 for a double statue of Sookie and Bill, they can purchase iconic “True Blood” signs – such as the Merlotte’s neon sign – today for $89.99.

Would you buy a “True Blood” figurine?

Filed under: True Blood

Next entry »
  1. Jerrod p

My line of work was hardly affected by the recession, but I had no idea that $70 was a lot of money for something you admire. Not one person on this blog thought these were worth the price even though they admired them

September 3, 2010 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  2. Snarf

Too expensive.
    Still some good figurines for anyone that still has money for it... even that the series dvd are half of the price.

September 3, 2010 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  3. Judgement

Are they anatomically correct. Just wondering. $70 I hope for some serious detail... Oh sookie.

September 3, 2010 at 3:54 am | Report abuse |
  4. Odalice Yolanda Feliz

So expensive!!!! but so funny...

September 2, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Frank

"Um...move barbie back on over.....she only costs 19.99."

lol Exactly! $70+ (including tax) for that? Have they forgotten that people are broke as hell? For $70, I expect them to talk dirty to me and tuck me in at night, if you know what I mean.

September 2, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. parishater

i hear ya cc....where are her legs....i think barbie will be just fine....and why didnt they have the balls to include her gap teeth.....and who can asnwer where are her legs......she has nice legs why not let them show

September 2, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. CC

Why doesn't she have legs?

September 2, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sassy

Well I guess I'm getting the Eric doll and my boyfriend is getting the Jessica doll!!! LOL...

September 2, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Alex

I love how people are reacting as if these things have never been released before. They've been putting out art figurines based on comic books and TV shows for years. And $89.99 is on the cheap side. There was a Seven of Nine figurine circulating for $500 (Canadian, but our dollar's almost on par with the US) a few years ago. They're treated like artworks. I'm not a particular fan of this show, so I'm not interested in buying this particular one. But I've picked up a few DC Comics and Doctor Who figurines, though I prefer the full-body types, rather than the busts and "cut off at the knees" style shown here.

September 2, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • jake

nerd

September 2, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ha Ha

Gee buddy, I bet the hotties are just knocking on your door wanting to see your comic book collection...

September 2, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Courtney

i agree, Alex. I wouldn't mind owning these, and the cut off at the knees isn't my favorite either. I do with they were a little cheaper. for 70 bones I could buy the batmobile cookie jar i've had my eye on for a while ;)

September 2, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • uh

As much of d-bags as jake and Ha Ha are, they make a solid point here...

September 2, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

Don't listen to these idiots, Alex. As a female geek myself, I love a guy that can indulge my ridiculous fan-based debates and discussions with me. There's more women nerds out there than most people realize. Heck, I have a Hellboy bust and a Batman bust similar to these. I like True Blood and all, but likewise I don't think I'll be shelling out any cash for one of these myself.

September 2, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ha Ha

Yo Amy, I'm willing to bet you also have a lot of sweats and lonely Saturday nights. Maybe you should hook up and play Dungeons and Dragons together. Sweeeet....

September 3, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  10. treekillintrent

I love the show. but only a moron would pay 70.00 for a freakin doll! trublood the drink is pretty good though

September 2, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. g

Umm, these figures and the like have been available for the LONGEST time. Since like season 2. Slow news day?

September 2, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  12. Name*Nika

I love True Blood but $70 is way to high. But then again if it was a $10 I still wouldn't but it. Seems like thet just trying to make a couple mil off some true suckas.

September 2, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  13. Juggalette J

TRU blood rocks, BUT I would not pay that amount of money for those dolls! I even like the books. As for the vampire phenom, people always become fascinated with fantasy worlds in times of uncertainty. The idea of trying to live forever is NOT new in the U.S.

September 2, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  14. K

Looks neat, but I definitely wouldn't pay $70 for it... I do love the show though!

September 2, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  15. MsLady74

WOW!!!!!!! Those things this world want us to "idolize"! This vampire phenomenon has taken over. But Lil Wayne said it best, they trying to "drop the world on it's head"!

September 2, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  16. RUSH

Id prefer the thing to have legs thanks.
    Does it talk dirty to me if I pull a string?

September 2, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Krista

Lol! I love this show, and love Sookie, but the figurine looks so stupid with no legs! Is she trapped in mud or something? And even though I am a big fan, I would never spend $70 on this!

September 2, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Illiterati

Just short of 70 bucks for this thing?

It's amazing to see the things upon which some people will spend their money.

September 2, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  18. Cris

Um...move barbie back on over.....she only costs 19.99.

September 2, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  19. mmmm56

You can ALREADY buy Tru Blood.

September 2, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • brownie1

Sure hope you HAVENT tried it!

September 2, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • K

Yeah it's discribed as a "carbonated, slightly tart, lightly sweet blood orange" drink and it is an exact replica of the bottle seen on the show. Never tried it because it sounds strange to me...

September 2, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • brownie1

And is this sold in the US????

September 2, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  20. brownie1

UH for what????? Before you know it you will soon be able to BUY some "TRUE BLOOD"!! for real
    and this is NOT a JOKE!