Bristol Palin: 'DWTS' will show my work ethic
September 1st, 2010

Bristol Palin: 'DWTS' will show my work ethic

Bristol Palin won't be showing much flesh when she does the flamenco on "Dancing with the Stars" this season.

"I think I will be the most dressed [contestant and have] the most modest outfits for sure because that's who I am," Palin, who calls herself "naturally shy," told People magazine.

The 19-year-old single mother, who advocates teen pregnancy prevention, said she decided to do the show because she wanted to be a good role model for her 20-month-old son Tripp. "I see this as something that's fun and that's positive, and I'm going to be able to show my work ethic to people out there."

Palin adds that mom Sarah Palin was all for her shaking her moneymaker on national TV. "She's always been my No. 1 fan," she told Us Weekly. "Of course, she'll be down here [cheering me on]."

Despite having to overcome the challenge of "showing my personality and moving my hips," the Alaska native insists she's looking forward to competing in season 11 of ABC's dance competition beginning September 20. "All the rhinestones and spray tans, that will be fun," she said.

1. Barclays Stockbroker

Someone necessarily lend a hand to make seriously posts I'd state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and up to now? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this particular submit extraordinary. Magnificent task!

May 13, 2012 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  2. Janice

And my love of wearing dead animals as trim on my costumes...this is what's really the best!!!!

September 9, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  3. betsy

I can not stand SARAH....and this is just a political move for that dopey SARAH PALIN......

September 3, 2010 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. renamae

Showbiz has ambition also. Shouldn't be fine for Palin to have ambition? Why pick on her for the same thing almost everyone on your show is loaded with?

September 2, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. RoggieP

Wasn’t Sarah Palin pretty critical of President Obama’s decision to go on The View? And now Bristol joins the cast of DWTS? AS Bristol is quoted saying that it's " for all the moms out there!" Give me a break!! See this great article from TV host Rene Syler and what she thinks of the whole saga...

September 2, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Gail Snail

I wish they would make the voting fair. As it currently stands, each "star" has their own voting line, which opens at the BEGINNING OF THE SHOW. You can vote for your favorite before anyone has even danced. I wish they would wait until AFTER everyone has had their chance to perform.

America's Got Talent is fair with their voting as each act gets a different voting line based on when they perform AND the voting lines open AFTER everyone has had their 90 seconds to perform. The lines stay open for 2 hours.

September 2, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Chucklehead Dad Clauss

Keep the Cards and letters comming!

September 2, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  8. Frank

I was going to hate on her, but I'm all hated-out. At least she's not as disgusting as her mom and is not involved in politics. So I'll give her a chance, I guess.

I would like to know what her definition of 'work ethic' is, though.

September 2, 2010 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  9. Lina

Dang, folks. It's a TV show. Get over yourselves.

September 1, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sparky

What work ethic? You were brought up being the privileged brat of the Gov of Alaska and you couldn;t even do that right as you got yourself knocked up!! You have no work ethic. Do the rest of the world a favor, find some idiot, marry him and just keep popping out babies. That is about all you are good at you fat little troll!

September 1, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  11. New Yorker

I bet her chunky a$$ kept the boys warm up in Alaska...

September 1, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • B-Dog

She's not chunky... from what I've seen she's pretty hot with a great rack.

September 2, 2010 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  12. CR

Sorry Bristol, but making a baby does not count as work ethic.

September 1, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Dan

Just don't be like your mother & quit halfway through!

September 1, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Dan

If she had good work ethics she'd be working at a job instead of out dancing!

September 1, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Portalpunk

now is called DFTR as in Dancing for the Ratings..... as for Bristol, I can wait until the 'Situation' knocks her up and Sarah has to take him on the campaign trail. He'll turn her to the GTL lifestyle.

September 1, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  16. tjg

My dear Bristol....you are not even 20 years old.....and you think someone out here looks to you as a role model and advice giver? Puh-leez....you need to grow up a lot and get some gray hairs before you begin talking like you're such an example and expert. Get some humility and maturity, too.

September 1, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  17. QueenBee1

I taught that dancing with the stars was all about selecting stars; people who are talented, hard working and can perform for the entertainment of the public; not for an unwed teenage mother who has done nothing in her life but happen to be the daughter of a outrageous, twisted, unattending mother who sees money, cheating and lying as the ultimate way of getting ahead in America rather than performing a continuous public service. Wake up American, we are becoming the joke of the world as to what we really stand up for. Shame on "Dancing with the Stars". I will not watch this season.

September 1, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Backward

Want to show your work ethic? Get a real job.

What this moron is doing is the opposite of being a role model for her 20-month old.

Not to mention that it will be years before he's old enough to understand any of this. I'm sure she'll have many more equally respectable opportunities to be a role model by then.

September 1, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Sarcastro

Well, we already know she puts out, not we get to figure out her work ethic...

September 1, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |