And the name of Conan O'Brien's new show is...
September 1st, 2010

And the name of Conan O'Brien's new show is...

With a name like “Conan,” it’s got to be good… or is that Smucker’s?

Either way, Conan O’Brien has finally announced the name of his new late-night show, which will air on TBS come November.

The name? “Conan.” Obviously.

O’Brien’s news came in the form of a YouTube video posted to Vulture. “I’ve spent millions of dollars, I’ve had media research companies, we’ve had thousands of people working round the clock and we have got it,” the host said before writing “Conan” on a piece of paper.

However, O’Brien acknowledged that the last letter of his name looked more like a “W” than an “N,” so there’s a chance his show might also be called “Conaw” – but we doubt it.

The late-night host tweeted Tuesday that followers should be on the lookout for the name of his new show. He later said in a press release, “I’m just using “Conan” and dropping the “O’Brien” because I want to get away from the whole Irish thing.”

“I was going to announce the name of my new show today, but my lawyers tell me 'The Return of Nanny McPhee' is taken. Tune in tomorrow,” he wrote.

"Conan" is set to premiere on Monday, November 8, at 11 p.m. ET on TBS which, like CNN, is owned by Time Warner.

What do you think of the name of O’Brien’s new show?

Filed under: Conan O'Brien • television

1. Jon

Really off topic here, thanks for using the word debacle

November 16, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Critical Thinker

To Dale – If you want to behave like a rude simpleton, that's your choice, but remember that you are representing how well or poorly your parents raised you.

September 7, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  3. James

GO COB!!

September 5, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  4. James

The name is good, but honestly it could be called two monkeys pooping on a stick and I would still watch it. It's Conan...or Conaw!! Nuff Said

September 5, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Conan O'Brien

I should have reviewed my video a little closer before uploading it. I now realize that BOTH the n's in my name appear to look like w's. Hence, my new show will simply be called, 'Cowaw'. My legal department discovered that "Conan" by itself cannot be used due to copyright infringement. Something to do with an aging barbarian. Conversely, "Conaw" is also protected by copyright laws. Conor White-Sullivan uses 'Conaw" on twitter and, ironically is a follower of Team Coco. He has graciously offered to sell me the copyright, but his asking price is too steep. So, anyhoo, look for me, November 8th on TBS. – Cowaw

September 4, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  6. You Got To Be Kidding Me

Conan sucks and always has. In the TV and Movie business it WHO you KNOW not What you know. If you think Conan is the greatest than IMHO you have to be a brain dead Moron. Your mileage may differ.

September 3, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Charlie Ocean

Well, ya know, in a perfect world, Dave would be doing the Tonight Show, Conan would be the heir-apparent and all would be well.

HOWEVER, where would that leave the Craigy Ferg? HE is the true heir-apparent these days and the networks have f*** everything up so much that it's hard to keep track.

I love Conan, I love Andy, I love their chemistry and I wish them the best and I know you all got FUBAR'ed by a knucklehead, egocentric moron who is BANNED from this household.

Coco has a tough row to hoe, Jack Paar is STILL spinning in his grave like a lathe and I love Sid the Rabbit.

September 3, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Andy

Conan needs to loose the beard. It's way too Danny Boneducci.

September 3, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  9. Conan/Letterman/Stewart/Colbert

Has Jay Leno or any of his shows ever been nominated for any awards?

September 2, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Cat

WHY is he coming back to television again? Sheesh...

September 2, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. MN MAN

NBC and Jay Leno haven't received a minute of my time since the Conan departure. Leno is always same-'ol, same o'l night after night. Who want's that? Carson's show was the best and his show was never the same twice – Conan's got the formula figured out too and ultimately, he will have the last laugh. And for the record – who cares about local news anyway – it's become extremely watered down with anchors and staff that stumble over every word.

September 2, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  12. JD Stone

"Conan" is what everyone called his shows anyway. May as well.

September 2, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  13. Brandon

Is CNN just reading gizmodo to get it's news stories?

September 2, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  14. Critical Thinker

Harvard alums like Conan rule! Even when he's crass, he's cool! Just like the Family Guy fartin' in the pool!

September 2, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Dale

Just goes to show the serious decline in the mentality of some alleged "Critical Thinkers". Suppose you tell us why you consider yourself a critical thinker.... bet you're studying Political Science.....

September 2, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Winston5

it shoulda been "Coco's Summertime Smile Factory!"

September 2, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  16. morgans

I like Conan, but as he said being cynical is his least favorite thing/word. Ironically, that is all he has been since he was fired from NBC. He has bad mouthed everyone since he was fired. His show will fail. Not enough people like him; especially when he is on a cable channel AND going against Dave, Jimmy and Jay.

September 2, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  17. Stinger

He looked embalmed ! not funny at all !!

September 2, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  18. darin

whatever he does will be egotistical, and awful

September 2, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  19. moreconstantine

...whatever happened to Tom Green?

September 2, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  20. Weldon from Cleveland

Hey Coco, if you are reading this, kick lenos' but! I've abandoned NBC for the mistreatment of a fine entertainer.

Down with NBC
    Down with NBC
    Down with NBC!

September 2, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  21. Seattle Sue

If he had been making money for the network(NBC) Conan would not have been let go. I personally can not stand him, but that's just my opinion. The man is just not funny, unless you think jumping around and buttoning/unbuttoning his coat is funny.

September 2, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  22. jokr

Sorry people but this bird is done.You can probably add Jay to the list (I met him).It isnt completely unknown that he wants to do stand up in Vegas.Here's a new name for Conan's show "Cancelled"

September 2, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  23. Bob

Conon on TBS. Another reason I'm glad I don't have cable.

September 2, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  24. Travelpimp

I can't solely blame Jay for the low ratings of Conan's Tonight Show. You need to earn the respect from your audience to get them to watch you. I thought Conan was a better interviewer than Jay, but Jay is a better stand up comedian. Maybe Conan learns from all this, maybe not. We can all decide in November. I'll watch him, until Letterman generates a pulse again.

September 2, 2010 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  25. Travelpimp

I can't solely blame Jay for the low ratings of Conan's Tonight Show. You need to earn the respect from the audience to get then watch you. I thought Conan was a better interviewer than Jay, but Jay is a better stand up comedian. Maybe Conan learns from all this, maybe not. We can all decide in November. I'll watch him, until Letterman generates a pulse again.

September 2, 2010 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  26. Skeleton Army member

SORRY but Craig Fergsuons is funnier than COnan and Jay and Dave put together. CRAIG RULES.

September 2, 2010 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  27. WORM

what about chelsea lately? that show is 1000 times funnier than anything! craig ferg is dumb. jay leno is old and boring. letterman is still alive? and conan, well thats a media circus waiting to happen. thanks but I'll stick to chelsea on E! because she is ACTUALLY FUNNY!

September 2, 2010 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  28. coyote123

I have to say Conan is disgusting and NOT funny. He has a juvenile sense of humor and is far too old to pull it off. He should have stayed underground...what a loser.

September 2, 2010 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  29. Philly

Hopefully TBS will ditch George Lopez when Conan returns...Lopez is unwatchable.

September 2, 2010 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  30. Bryan

Leno doesn't have any kids because even his wife doesn't like him. Instead he sits in the garage fooling around with cars and stuff.

September 2, 2010 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  31. Phyl

The name for the show (Conan) is perfect. A rose by any other name would not smell as sweet. In any event, I am looking forward to November 8th!

September 2, 2010 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  32. Massive Marbles

I like the name Conan's Knight Light

September 2, 2010 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  33. AkronSteve

Who cares what the Red Haired Mutant from another planet calls his show?

September 2, 2010 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
    • JIM

I AGREE IS A JERK AND I FOR ONE DO NOT CARE WHAT HIS SHOW IS NAMES AS I WON'T BE WATCHING IT.

September 2, 2010 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

JIM types in all capitals and he can't complete a sentence with proper grammar, a fierce combination.

September 2, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  34. R Mussared

The facial hair looks stupid. but very "conan-ish" if you are going for the caveman look

September 2, 2010 at 5:52 am | Report abuse |
  35. Dale

Here's an additive to my last post... I don't like Munsterchin and Conan O'Dumbell was not much better. Like Patricia, I prefer Craig...

September 2, 2010 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
  36. Dale

Who Cares ???!!!

September 2, 2010 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
  37. patricia

Well...I will just keep on watching Craig Ferguson. Cause he is the only late night host who actually makes me laugh out loud!!!! Leno and coco can suck it big time! No one even watched coco when he did the tonight show. What was TBS thinking!?

September 2, 2010 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |
  38. patricia

Well...I will just keep on watching Craig Ferg. Cause he is the only late night host who actually makes me laugh out loud!!!! Leno and coco can suck it big time!

September 2, 2010 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
  39. joanne

You will never beat Jay, your a really nice guy.....but you just not funny.

September 2, 2010 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  40. westsideboiler

Hooray for Conan's return! I just wish that TBS would get rid of George Lopez. I find that guy's show even more reprehensible than Leno's. Sadly, I remember when that guy was funny...and then he sold out to Disney/ABC. CONAN WILL RULE LATE NIGHT TV!

September 2, 2010 at 5:01 am | Report abuse |
  41. Kris

Sorry Conan, nice try, but you're just not funny.

September 2, 2010 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  42. Bry

Conan sucks

September 2, 2010 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
  43. ficheye

Here we go again. I'm glad he finally has his show back. Maybe now some of his 'fans' will actually watch the show instead of putting Leno down. And shut up. i'd much rather watch Ferguson anyway. Someone who is actually funny.

September 2, 2010 at 3:57 am | Report abuse |
  44. Guido Sarducci

What an absolute mess. It's too bad it turned out this way for him. And not everyone gets TBS, so he won't get anywhere near the ratings he had on Late Night or The Tonight Show. I liked him more on Late Night. Perhaps Letterman will retire soon and Conan takes over there.

September 2, 2010 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  45. critic

Conan – not funny, I watched both late night shows and waited to laugh or even chuckle, it never happened. He was just plain silly. I won't be watching the new show.

September 2, 2010 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  46. doreyar

i prefer conando.. sounds more international

September 2, 2010 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
  47. Debba

I still like Letterman the most.
    But hey, we can always use more laughter.

September 2, 2010 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
  48. Extremely Pregnant and Can't Sleep

I didn't know Jay Leno had so many fans... Everyone I know took Conan's side... Perhaps these posts are all Jay Leno's writers pretending to be others. He can read them outloud in a new catchy skit on his super funny show. And all of his fans can laugh at how hilarious and witty his writers are. Because Jay is not a writer. Because Jay is not funny. Although, he is rather chauvanstic and mean. He must've been picked on often as a child.

September 2, 2010 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  49. 2nova

I always watched Conan when he followed Leno late. I was so horrified when I heard he was taking over the Tonight Show. I actually didn't quite believe that NBC could be so stupid.
    When he did – I watched. It was painful. Maybe because as a New Yorker, I couldn't stand the pathetic godawfulness of Conan in LA. I just couldn't stop feeling SO SORRY for him.
    And Leno in prime time? Yeah, surprizingly bad. I thought he was gonna bring back the great old days of the variety show, but, like Conans' Tonight Show" – it was just a pale rehash of their old shows. No surprize that both failed.
    Was it Lenos' fault? Maybe. He was too passive in negotiating his contract. Said at one point that he has no agent. Maybe he should get one. Stupid to consent to a contract that gave over his show whether he was #1 or not.
    And Conan? Stupid and arrogant for thinking he could just step into the #1 spot. The "Tonight Show" is very mainstream. It's lameness is part of it's charm. Been that way since the '70s kids. Conan is an acquired teste, totally wrong for it.
    Fallon may one day be luckier. Demographics and his talent as a showman are on his side.
    Conan? I love ya and miss ya. Wish you were there instead of Ferguson. Will I watch your cable show? Unlikely. I'm a TV producers worst nightmare – i.e. – very little TV that I care about enough to actually remember to watch. But I'll try to look you up and check you out. Promise.
    You're making me nervous with the lip hair though. Be what you are m'dear, not what you think the children want. Best recipe for success.

September 2, 2010 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
    • latenighter

I have to agree with you. Loved Conan in his time slot and Leno was okay for his time slot. Even though both just rehashed the same shows the time of night made them both seem inappropriate. However, I think Craig Ferguson is hilarious. I would like a show of Craig Ferguson's monologue, Jay walkers and headlines and all the rest – interviews and general silliness with Conan all in Conan's original late night spot. Now THAT would be a fun show to watch and I could get a little bit of sleep.

September 2, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  50. Despot

Conando?
    Si, Conando!

September 2, 2010 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  51. Smarty

Re-runs of Johnny Carson could get better ratings against Conan. The only funny man left on late night is Craig Ferguson.

September 2, 2010 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  52. Bmarie

Conan......sounds Italian to me

September 2, 2010 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  53. Eddie

Why is there all this talk of who's number 1 between Conan and Leno. They're both just terrible, AND whoever is number 1 between the two of them is still second best to...........wait for it...............wait for it just a little bit longer..............David Letterman, the kind of late night entertainment.

September 2, 2010 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  54. Nestalane

I would have preferred "The Tonighter Show."

September 2, 2010 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  55. Jay Leno

This man is a true comedian. 8:::::::D~~

September 2, 2010 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  56. MizzDezi

CONAN shall PREVAIL!!!!! SHOW YOUR STUFF! THE OTHER GUYS ARE WHACK!!!

September 2, 2010 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  57. John

CONAN is a weak, pathetic name for his show, just as pathetic as his humor. Go JAY!

September 1, 2010 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  58. tim

Can he take these guys with him in his new show – his constipated vampire apprentice, Triumph the comic insult dog and the masturb@#ng bear?

September 1, 2010 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  59. V Saxena

IT'S TOO MUCH!

The Mo'Nique Show (11)
    The Tonight Show (11:30)
    The Daily Show (11) / The Colbert Report (11:30)

and now CONAN!?

I got a lot of love for the Irish bandit, but he's going to have to come at me with some STRONG MATERIAL to sway me away from Jon Stewart & crew!

September 1, 2010 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Milf Biggenson

The Mo'Nique Show? Really? You're mentioning Mo'Nique alongside Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert and Conan? Yeah, I'm not sure if Conan will be able to top Mo'Nique's material...

September 2, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  60. Conan>(Leno+Letterman)

Can't wait for Conan to be back. Woot. He shoulda called it 'The Later On This Evening Today Daily Show Tonight'

September 1, 2010 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Jay Leno

Conan who?

September 1, 2010 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  62. JM

Can't wait for him to be back! Havent watched Leno since back then.

September 1, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  63. da Funkee 1

All together now...Conan sux! I don't like Leno...Letterman is...well...I'm undecided with him. He has good ones and bad ones. U know who I really like? And he can be cheesy and corny and sometimes looney...CRAIG FERGUSON! Underrated...I really like Craigyferg!

September 1, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  64. ChollyGee

After the debacle awhile back I will not ever watch Leno again in life. And I used to watch his monologue before going to sleep every night. Leno is a spoiled brat who pulled an EPIC FAIL with that STUPID 10 o'clock show and then went back to NBC and cried and whinnied with that massive inhuman jaw until they gave in. Go to Hell, Jay Leno.

September 1, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Fernando Escovar

Conan is simply the only funny guy on TV.
    Jay no way.
    George tries to hard.
    Jimmy is talented but wrong time slot.
    Jk is tired not inventive, Adam he's funnier.

September 1, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  66. NB

Conan who? He's already been forgotten.

September 1, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Alan

The name of his show is as irrelevant as he is. He's just not that funny.
    He should have stuck to writing.

September 1, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  68. thegamehhh1982

Way to go conan,I'm glad you're coming back to claim the no.1 spot which you so rightly deserve. You are waaaaaay better than leno. You are the man.

September 1, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Keith

TEAM "COCO "4-EVER......LENO & LETTERMAN SUCK.....They are not even funny .They are so old,scripted, and boring....COCO is fresh and original...BEST OF LUCK TO HIM !

September 1, 2010 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  70. TexAnne

What joemar said– totally agree

September 1, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  71. joemar

I did not watch Conan on Late Night nor on Tonight nor or any time. I tried it. He is so immature and juvenile. He has to explain his jokes. He has to make childish faces. And he killed himself when he said, upon leaving, that he at least did it his way. Well, his way got him dumped. His way is not funny, ibut ratgher immature and idiotic. So again I will not watch him on TBS either.

September 1, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  72. hav2rant

To the people who 'hate', or dislike Conan I say did you ever watch his show? I don't mean when he was host of the tonight show. I mean his show Latenight with Conan o'Brien. If you didn't then you can't really give an honest opinion. Conan and his writers are amongst the funniest, most talented groups of writers on TV.
    Love you Conan! :)

September 1, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Cheryl

I watch Letterman and Ferguson but I'm glad Conan's fans will have a place to see him. He must really like doing it. I can't imagine he has blown through all that money already.

September 1, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  74. keith

What an idiot – geeez why can't this guy just go and disappear....he's not funny and this whole announcement proves it.

September 1, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Teddy

How about calling it Conan's Really Awesome Program. You work out the acronym.

September 1, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Julie McLaughlin

Conan's new show should be named......(drum roll here)......"BETTER THAN JAY" :D

September 1, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  77. RMB

Conan is not THAT funny. Neither is David Letterman. I think Jay is a lot better even as a person.

September 1, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Looker

Well, if this show is anything like his last show then it should be called, "LAME".

September 1, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  79. crippler

TBS – Another network for no one to watch Conan. Worst host of the lot!

September 1, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Name*Marcus

The better question ... Who cares? If it's a good show, it won't matter what it's called. If it's like his recent show, it should be called Barney. That's the maturity level of the material.

September 1, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Bo

LOL Bongload Bob. Load er up!

September 1, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Al

The question should not be "What do you think of the name of O’Brien’s new show?" but rather "Why would you think of O'Brian's new show?" It's not on for three months. I am sure TBS will remind me at least once between now and then.

September 1, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Bongload Bob

Gay Leno can suck my ass. I'd rather drive nails through my eyes and in my ears then be subjected to that unfunny moron.
    GO CONAN

September 1, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  84. gotya

Perfect name for him incase he has Alzheimer's, he will not forget his name. If the show does worst than what he did on NBC, everyone will remember him and the show for generations.

September 1, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  85. boscojones

I think "Oprah" would garner more viewers.

September 1, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Andy Richter

Conan should bring back Andy Richter...now HE was funny!!

September 1, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Your Grandma

The funniest thing about this whole blog is the fact that the people sticking up for Conan are even dumber than the people who stick up for Palin. The guys show sucks and thats why he sat behind Leno for all of those years. Conan was a 2nd rate show behind Leno and now it will be a 3rd rate show behind Stewart and Colbert. To Jeff: you can't win an arguement by pointing out that your side sucks as bad as Leno. Remember that arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics....even if you win you are still retarded.

September 1, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

It makes sense that your name is "Your Grandma" and you are a fan of Leno. For the most part people over 50 like Leno and people under 50, which includes the coveted 18-49 demographic, like Conan. Besides my mom said if I win this internet argument I can move out of the basement and back into the house.

September 2, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  88. john

who really cares..he isn't funny.

September 1, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Rick

Gonad.. what a goof with a silly haircut.

September 1, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Bo

Please! His comedy is so weak his show should be called "Conan the Librarian"

September 1, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  91. coco fan

LOVE IT ! I think Conan is awesome and I he succeeds in a BIG way..........but me...I'll still be watching the Scottish Conan Guy..........Craig Ferguson.

September 1, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  92. touristguy87

I could so less care.

September 1, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Susan - Canada

Don't care....won't be watching him.....I love me some Jay Leno!!

September 1, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  94. carolae

Does anyone really care what the name of the show is? Conan needs to take care of his general appearance first.
    That hairdo with the puff of hair sprouting on top, makes him look terrible. He's nothing to look at to begin with and this only enhances it. I give the Late Night Shows another 5 years....if that before they all disappear. There isn't one person who can or has ever topped Johnny Carson....he was top class.

September 1, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Guest

He sings, he dances, he runs funny commentary on the day's events–and he's a redhead!
    Go Conan!

September 1, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  96. John

Never been one to say "who care?" to an article I knowingly clicked on, but all this just to tell us the name of Conan's show is... Conan? I thought because they were making a big deal here that the name would be clever or interesting or creative in some way. Winner of the Biggest Waste of Cyberspace award.

September 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  97. The Watcher

Y'all jes watch what ya wont and I'll watch Craig Ferguson

September 1, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick

Craig Ferguson is 100x funnier than Conan or Leno.
      Conan is a decent writer, but his stand up sucks hard core.
      Leno has great delivery, just terribly written jokes.

September 1, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  98. elizabeth

He sucked witch???! What witch? And why did he do so?

September 1, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • BarefootFreddie

I don't know exactly which witch but I was told she was from Alaska-I have no clue.....

September 1, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  99. CATom

Conans new show already has some major problems with it....namely Conan obrian

September 1, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Jafo

I thought it should be "The weirdo with a beardo". Conan rocks!

September 1, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  101. AlwaysAnElephant

Finally! It's been a dull summer with no decent late night talk show to watch. Jay is smarmy, and Dave is showing his age. Fallon is the name of my sister's puppy, and he has about the same temperament. Conan is fresh, wacky and interesting. Hooray!

September 1, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  102. captkbpb

Cona's new show has a serious prblem...it is up against new epsodes of the Daily Show and Colbert Report. All 3 shows have the same target audience.

September 1, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Richard

I wonder who he will blame it on when the viewers still don't come? He's still not funny.

September 1, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Terri

I love Conan and I cant wait to see the new show. Leno sux hard.

September 1, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Jack

His original show sucked... his tonight show sucked... and it goes without saying his new show will suck.
    This guy is a marginal comedian and a rotten tv host.

September 1, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charlie

But he's rich!!!!!! Only in America.

September 1, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • dx2718

I'm Team Leno all the way here – Conan's tonight show bored me to tears, whereas Leno's makes me laugh so hard I cry.

However...Conan wrote well for The Simpsons. Of course they're doing fine without him.

September 1, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Kim

Wow, looks like his show naming skills are equally as bad as his comedic ones. Great name, Conan.

September 1, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  107. SueEllen

How about calling it "Behind Jon Stewart?"

September 1, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  108. ja

There was a reason he got fired from the late show. He stunk. On wheels. His "humor" is geared toward immature 12 year-olds. I tried watching for a week and didn't laugh out loud once, and don't even get me started on that nervous dance routine he launches into when a joke bombs, which is often.

September 1, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Charlie

Conan by any other name, smells the same....BAD.

September 1, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  110. blahman

the networks are working this pretty good.. as long as people talk about this and tune in.. they don't care....controversy is what makes ratings.. hence money for the big boys...who knows what they'll come up with next for everyone to talk about.. conan as guest on leno? or vice versa?.. either one on letterman? you never know, but that's certainly something to ponder and it would definitely get people talking about it and absolutely tune in

September 1, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Pam

I don't care what he calls the show – we're just glad he is back!! At last something FUNNY to watch on late night!

September 1, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Jay Kay

The show should be called "Grizzly Adams."

September 1, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Chrisco

I really think he should have named it Conan's Super Happy Fun Time Experience.

September 1, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Joy

I'm surprised he didn't name it CoCo but I refrain. Conan it shall be. And by the way Conan, when did you become a one-celebrity? Oh yeah, when NBC pooped all over you. YAY CONAN!

September 1, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joy

I'm surprised he didn't name it CoCo but I refrain. Conan it shall be. And by the way Conan, when did you become a one-name-celebrity? Oh yeah, when NBC pooped all over you. YAY CONAN!

September 1, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Joe

how bout conan rules jay leno sucks i didnt think it was possible but leno got even less funny...take em to the cleaners coney

September 1, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Bill

I keep hearing all of these fans shouting about how great his show was, but his ratings on the Tonight Show were poor. I am not sure that a move to TBS will improve that

September 1, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Samantha

Conan is funny as hell....and I totally want to sleep with him! Screw it....I have noooo shame! Who are you to judge? hahaha

September 1, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • midnitejax

Oh...........you didn't get to sleep with Conan? I don't know how you missed him.........??? Are you the one they call "Subway Sam"? You've had more riders in your tunnels than the NY Transit?

September 1, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Send kids to school all year pls

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

September 1, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Rich

It's obvious that there are two schools of thought here. The comedians are two different people that appeal to two totally different demographics, much like Letterman and Leno do. NBC was totally wrong to replace Leno with Conan. They both had their target audiences, and the Tonight Show had the same setting since the 60's. How could they expect to do a wholesale change and get good results? They got their checkbooks flattened and Conan was the winner, millions of times over. We can sit and argue for days about who is funnier, but that's all a personal choice. Now the Leno folks can be happy, and the Conan crowd can be happy! Isn't it great to be American and have the freedom of choice. As for those that bring us that freedom,was anyone aware that our presence in Iraq is dwindling and that less of our troops are going to be in harm's way?

September 1, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

You are one those dopes who thinks that because people think about things other than Iraq and the war that they care more about those other things than Iraq and the war. Get a life.

September 1, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nonan

Don't mind Jeff – he's right up there with "bit's of goo" girl.....

September 1, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • buzzkill police

somebody pull the walker texas ranger lever on this guy... wayyy too serious

September 2, 2010 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  120. lasvegas

To all those that are glad conan is back–where were you all when he was on the Tonight Show? His ratings sucked until the announcement was made that he was getting the boot....And his ratings then hurt Fallon....Leno and Fallon are doing better than ever now. Hmmmm.......

September 1, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

Leno has the same ratings now as Conan had last year. Where are you getting your information?

September 1, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • whoaaaa

did you just mention Fallon in this conversation? How are you still alive?

September 2, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  121. jai

PERFECT!

September 1, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Mike

all of you who say he's stupid and immature can shut it, he went to harvard (pretty good school, so i've heard) and is always known for his quick wit. His interviews are always sooo much better than leno's because leno's interviews aren't really interview's they're so scripted and fake its terrible and his jokes during them are so preplanned its reprehensible. whereas with conan he seems to actually be talking to the person to learn about them and then add in jokes where he sees fit. why do you think so many celebrities came out in defense of conan and none did for leno??

September 1, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Big T

Conan is not funny so who cares he was fired because he sucked witch is funny because i didnt know anyone could have done worse the jay leno but i was wrong

September 1, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  124. purplekam123

How about I'm not funny so what am I doing still on the air.

September 1, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Bruce

I'm with CoCo

September 1, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  126. t2

who cares about that burned out loser?

September 1, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kevin Eubanks

Jay Leno? Not too many people anymore. They will be watching Conan.

September 1, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  127. James P

Conan owns your souls...

September 1, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Mike

I have nothng witty or vindictive to say regarding this topic at all. Now what are ya gonna b1tch about!?

September 1, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Grimloche

I would have loved to seen it named "Team Coco"

"Tonight on Team Coco...the music of...with special guests blah blah blah"

September 1, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Kerri

I wish it would have been "The Coco Show"! :)

September 1, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  131. biff

I'd have liked it if he named it "Conando".

September 1, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Islander

The market always dictates. No exceptions. He was booted. He's something of a loser and boring to boot.

September 1, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • joe

You sure about that? Because according to all the Nielsen ratings, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno has the same or worse ratings compared to this time last year with Conan. Sounds to me like what dictated this was money, stupid decisions, and poor planning.

September 1, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Whatif

You're so full of it. The market doesn't dictate crap. Supply and demand only works when there's no one pulling the strings on the supply. Next time gas prices shoot up, just tell yourself, the market dictated it (or was it OPEC price gouging?) NBC is a propaganda bull dozer. Just look at the Team Coco/Team Leno Facebook pages. There was much more support from "the People" for O'Brien. Nielsen ratings don't account for new technology such as Hulu views or even DVR programming. Leno's generation is in technology limbo, so of course it was easier to measure them versus Conan viewers. The ratings systems are broken. Look how many shows were canceled and then brought back by public outcry. This is the problem with Leno viewers. They just cannot accept that technology is changing and the world is moving on and they are behind. Zucker needs to retire and bring in someone young that knows today's market.

September 1, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  133. BimotaGrrrl

Conan could call his new show: "Bits O'Goo" and I'd still watch it.

September 1, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nonan

Surely because that is what your brain consists of, or will after too much of his show.....

September 1, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rene'

Thank you, Grandma Nonan. You and Jay Leno can reminisce about the good ol' days of the horse and buggy while those of us with a real sense of humor will be over watching Conan. Now it's past 5:00 p.m.! Go to bed!

September 1, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Johnny Carson

Conan always did the same monologue gags night after night. If you watched him once a month he still seemed redundant. I haven't missed him one bit.

September 1, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  135. MattSTKC

well no one ever called Late Night with Conan O'Brien by it's name. everyone I knew simply said "OMG did you see Conan last night?" So it's fitting. Can't wait for Nov 8th.

September 1, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  136. gene

WHO CARES! I didn't watch his show before and won't now. I personally think his comedy is immature and silly and attracts a like audience.

September 1, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • string theorist

you are old and most likely uneducated. good luck, and may god have mercy on your soul.

September 1, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • apple bottom jeans

cool story, bro.

September 1, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tracey

You must have liked him enough to respond to this article!

September 1, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • not gene

How do you know hes not funny if you didn't watch the show? BAM!!

September 1, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

I so agree with you. I tried watching him a few times when he took over the Tonight Show and just couldn't get into his brand of humour.....oh well...each to this own I guess. I still love Jay....that guy makes me laugh and I ain't anywhere near a senior....he is just funny!

September 1, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tryclyde

"I didn't watch his show before and won't now." – Yet you took the time to read an article/watch a video about him and comment on it....The Tonight Show is dead, Letterman is dead, long live Conan.

September 1, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Johnny Carson

I hope he has learned how to shut up and listen to his guests when he asks them a question instead of always interrupting them like he always does.

September 1, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Goat of Evil

What Conan has to say is usually more entertaining than the blather of his guests.

September 1, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Johnny Carson

If he doesn't want to listen to his guests or let them talk then he shouldn't host a talk show. Conan's interruptions are usually the blather. I want to hear what the guests have to say.

September 1, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Grim Reaper

Hey you aren't allowed to use the computers down here!

September 1, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  138. jamie lee

I love Conan O'Brien! Can't Wait!

September 1, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Dave

If it walks like a Conan,and talks like a Conan...what he's Irish? I thought Canadian.

September 1, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • CANADIAN

if u thought Conan was a Canadian I am ever so proud!!! But, sadly, he is Irish!!! Go SOUTHPARK!!!

September 1, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Stump297

TBS is where comedians go to end their careers. Too bad, he could have gone the HBO/Showtime route.

September 1, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

I agree. He should have followed in the footsteps of Dennis Miller and his flourishing career.

September 1, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • TBS

Yeah. Go to a premium network over a basic one. That would've been a smart move. Are you sure you're not really Jeff Zucker?

September 1, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nonan

so....it's better to be wedged between Nascar, MLB and NBA highlights? What's he going to do when he gets bumped for the end of a Braves game on the West Coast?

September 1, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • midnitejax

Jeff, That comment about Miller was hysterical. He thought he was pseudo intellectually superior with his feeble attempts at witicisms. His career with Monday Night Football was a big hit as well. Conan will have poeple watching him because of all the hype surrounding the Leno debacle.He has a tough road ahead of him maintaining the audience after the initial thrill is gone.Leno already hung himself with his backstabbing, and has lost many viewers.Conan should have worn chain mail armor after what Leno did to Letterman. He just slid in behind Leno's blood trail in the hopes of taking the reigns. Sometimes you make yourself a victim.

September 1, 2010 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bobby Cox

End of a Braves game? TBS' long-time practice of showing Braves games ended when Time Warner sold the team. Only time Conan would get bumped is for the MLB playoffs and March Madness. And if Jay Leno is so great, why wasn't he nominated for an Emmy?

September 1, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave magone

or james newbeck

September 2, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  141. Kay

No one is as good as Conan hosting a late night talk show and everyone knows who he is so it's a perfect name!

September 1, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  142. joe

I hope NBC is kicking themselves in the rears about latteing Conan go. I think the Conan O'brien show was the best thing they had going,even better than seinfeld..

September 1, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • john

Conan sucks.

September 1, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • itstrue

you suck

September 1, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rene

"Conan sucks" is just the kind of two-word reply that I would expect from a single-digit IQ watcher of Jay Leno.

September 1, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Your Grandma

Great come back Rene! I am guessing your IQ is sitting somewhere around 17? Comments are opinions and people like you are the reason I love reading these blogs. Go ahead and huff and puff but in the end Conan loses and he still sucks! At least a year from now he will be buried so deep in the cable programming that no one will have to suffer his boring attempts at comedy.

September 1, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • sloopyjac

hey GRANDMA!!!
      YO MAMA!!! Leno is so deado!!! CONAN ROCKS!!!!

September 1, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • donfitness

Conan and Jay Leno suck. This article sucks. I suck for reading it. I suck even more for commenting on it.

September 2, 2010 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  143. Christie

It doesn't matter WHAT he calls the new show. All that matters is that Conan's back!!! Besides, I don't think he'd get away with calling the show "Jay Leno and Jeff Zucker Are Complete Morons!"

September 1, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Alan

Will Conan be legally free to "let loose" against Leno and NBC (I certainly hope so....)?

September 1, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • realworld

Yes. I'm not a big fan of him, but the no disparagement clause in his severance deal expires today. He can say say what he wants, following only the usual rules for slander, defamation, etc.

September 1, 2010 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  145. AG

How about "Funnier Than Jay Leno", that's a guarantee.

September 1, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

who is this "jay leno" fellow you speak of?

September 1, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thomas H

WHAT is this "jay leno" fellow you speak of?

September 1, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rene

I heard a "Jay Leno" is some form of laughing hyena, known for thinking his giant chin, skunk stripe and high-pitched jokes are funny. Often killed by Barbarians.

September 1, 2010 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jake

Dude Rene killed it so bad

September 1, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • dx2718

If he were funnier than Leno, how come The Tonight Show's ratings plummeted after they replaced Leno with Conan, then improved again once they replaced Conan with Leno? Just sayin'.

September 1, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • David

dx2718, after Leno came back, his ratings have been the same or lower the Conan's ratings.

September 1, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • mks

Conan's ratings were doing fine, until Leno's new show started to open for him and the local news. The local news stations ratings that Leno was leading in for also dropped. Are we supposed to believe that Conan and every local news all got bad at the same time and had their ratings drop? Clearly Leno's opener was terrible and causing the ratings to fall.

September 1, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mitch

dx2718 – They sabotaged Conan by not just getting rid of Jay. They put him in that lame time spot right before Conan. The people that did not like Jay, simply turned the channel. It hurt the NBC news as well. Affiliates were upset and that is why the Leno Show at 10:00 was axed. But Jay had clout and got himself back into the Late Show spot somehow.

It is all irrelevant to me anyway. I prefer Dave over Leno or Conan. But Conan would be my back-up plan. Leno is just annoying.

September 2, 2010 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  146. Loren

Conan, Oprah. Oprah, Conan.

September 1, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  147. Arnold

It sounds worthy of a Barbarian. Me like.

September 1, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  148. LTJ

The name of Conan O'Brien's new show ???? well I guess the name he picked is good..... & we won't forget it !!

September 1, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Coco Rules!

I soooo wish he would have been able to keep his Mario backdrop!

September 1, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike A.

Name Shmame, Whoever put him on opposite all the network news programming should be shot.
      Conans' show will die in that time slot.

September 2, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Thomas

Give it up. You're not funny, you never were.

September 2, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • jay robb

Never found this guy funny at the least.....maybe if you are sixteen.....He might last 8 months at his new job....Let"s hear it for Jay

September 2, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Meh!

This vid was just as lame as his show....but even though it's lame it's still better than Leno

September 6, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |