Lindsay Lohan: I want my career back
August 31st, 2010

Lindsay Lohan: I want my career back

Vanity Fair caught up with Lindsay Lohan at the moment her world was spiraling in a legal tailspin, about one week before she started her jail sentence for violating probation from a 2007 drunk driving case.

So with her legal problems fresh on her mind, the 24-year-old star had quite a bit to say about her career plans, the mistakes she's made and the rumors that she has a substance abuse problem - insinuations that she denounces in the interview with Vanity Fair.

“If I were the alcoholic everyone says I am, then putting a [SCRAM] bracelet on would have ended me up in detox, in the emergency room, because I would have had to come down from all the things that people say I’m taking and my father says I’m taking,” she told the magazine in an interview that will appear in the October issue. “So that says something, because I was fine.”

The 24-year-old star also insisted that she’s “never abused prescription drugs. I never have—never in my life,” Lohan said. “I have no desire to. That’s not who I am. I’ve admitted to the things that I’ve done—to, you know, dabbling in certain things and trying things ’cause I was young and curious and thought it was like, O.K., ’cause other people were doing it and other people put it in front of me. And I see what happened in my life because of it.”

At this point, Lohan is trying to regain her focus, aiming to not only learn "how to continue to get through the trauma that my father has caused in my life," but also to get her career back on track.

“I want my career back. I want the respect that I had when I was doing great movies. And if that takes not going out to a club at night, then so be it,” she told Vanity Fair. “I don’t care what anyone says. I know that I’m a damn good actress. … And I know that in my past I was young and irresponsible—but that’s what growing up is. You learn from your mistakes.”

Lohan’s understanding of how her tumultuous young adulthood has unfolded is similar to her mother’s recounting of her daughter's coming of age during an interview with Matt Lauer on the "Today" show.

“You can tell your children whatever you want to tell them, but they’re going to do what they’re going to do when they turn 18, 19,” Dina told Lauer. “It’s a whole ‘nother world when you’re allowed to live your life and experience things with failure and success and come through it.”

While her mother found fault with the celebrity tabloids for spreading “propaganda” about Lohan, the actress herself admitted that she would look to those publications as a way to find out more about the other stars she admired. Lohan called it “really scary and sad… I would look up to those girls… the Britneys and whatever. And I would be like, I want to be like that.”

From Lohan’s perspective, her problems have been inextricably tied to the company she's kept. “So many people around me would say they cared for the wrong reasons. A lot of people were pulling from me, taking from me and not giving. I had a lot of people that were there for me for, you know, the party,” Lohan explained to Vanity Fair. “I think just the second I didn’t have [structure] anymore—I was 18, 19—with a ton of money and no one really here to tell me that I couldn’t do certain things … And I see where that’s gotten me now, and I don’t like it.”

To read more of Lohan’s interview, pick up the October issue of Vanity Fair, hitting newsstands on September 7.

Filed under: Celebrities • Lindsay Lohan

1. Bilye

I think these harsh comments are insensitive and cruel, If you take a look around a friend or relative has had a DWI or 2 and its not uncommon the ones who haven't maybe just did not get caught... I think she is a talented young women but maybe misdirected, I am sorry she is having a tough time but I hope it will make her stronger. I wish her well.

September 2, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. So Over It

SO WHAT.......WHO CARES!!!! There are so many other IMPORTANT things going on in the world to be concerned with beside Lindsey ot Paris!!!!! Let them self-destruct....adn jsut be done with it!!!!!

September 1, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  3. SKY

WORDS HURT. "THERE EXISTS THE ONE SPEAKING THOUGHTLESSLY, AS WITH THE STABS OF A
    SWORD, BUT THE TONGUE OF THE WISE ONES IS A HEALING.
    WE CAN HEAL THE HATE IN US IF WE SHOW LOVE. WE ALL MAKES MISTAKES, REMEMBER THE MISTAKES
    WE MIGHT HAVE MADE WHEN WE WERE YOUNG?
    REAL FRIENDS, AND LOVE CAN HELP LINDSAY MOVE ON. SHE NEED A POSITIVE
    SUPPORT GROUP.

September 1, 2010 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
  4. gare

f-ing wah.

August 31, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. gare

I heard that you cried all night...

August 31, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. gare

sooooooooooo, how was your stay in jail...

August 31, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Marta

PEOPLE ARE REALLY MEAN!!!!!!

August 31, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Paul B.

"Stank face, distroy" doubtful your little ones stand much of a chance being part of your lineage

August 31, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Michael L

This person is a disgrace to the American public. I have 8 grandchildren who loved her and she has been a total embarrasment to all of us. LOLAN I hope you do not ever show your stank face in public ever again. You will distroy my little ones with your actions.

August 31, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  10. dave

Poor sweet girl. She was framed.

August 31, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Alek

At least she's kind of hot still.

August 31, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Marshall

Give the girl a break, most of these negative comments are based purely on envy. Lohan, with all her problems and faults, still has more of a life than most of you could ever hope for and probably wish to ever be able to experience. Fact is, her singing is pretty decent and she IS a capable actress. It isn't her fault that she's been stuck with some pretty crappy projects.
    To me, the losers who really need to get a life are the anonymous negative Nancy's who post their worthless opinions on this board. No one cares who you are, YOU are the ones taking the time out of your fulfilled lives to comment on hers.... she sure as heck isn't concerned with what you're doing, now is she??? Hmmmmmm.....

August 31, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. gare

sorry 'bout that i referred to you as meth rather than meh....see? lindsay's everywhere...my appologies.

August 31, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Glee

Her BEST movie was "The Parent Trap"...*smh* (shaking my head). She really should go away re-group and change her name to one name like Cher...............Lindsay.

August 31, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Akira

What career? As a coke-snorting, binge-drinking, car-crashing, bi-curious grossly-overrated starlet?

August 31, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Willim

It must be nice... all you smug, negative haters .... sitting in your ivory towers ... passing judgement on someone you don't even know...all based on trashy tabloid stories & TV "news" shows.
    IF Lindsay wasn't so famous/rich/an actress/a movie star/BREATHTAKINGLY beautiful/young/talented/successful all you losers would be looking for someone else to put down..just to make yourselves feel better about your own miserable lives.
    For me, I only wish her my best in getting her life together & learning to overcome the scars left from having had to grow up w a loser jerk for a father.

August 31, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • lasparky11

Talented? No. She has been in the news on every reputable news channel + the news papers. Beautiful (in the eye of the beholder), young (for now) Ivory tower? I don't think so, most people here are more than likely hard working wage earners who see a young woman (I use that term losely) wasting her life after being (given) the opportunities she has has had & wasted. Yes it makes a lot people angry to see someone so young & arrogant doing this to themselves while blaming others for their problems. Reminds of the GOP!

August 31, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  17. lasparky11

She should make adult films, with that body she will be star in no time. Doesn't take any acting skill (she has none), drugs & alcohol run rampant in the industry (she should be right at home), & she's not doing anything different than she has been doing. She had a chance at life few get, and has repeatedly gone back to drinking. She got off lucky with 2 weeks in jail, and rehab. That had been anyone else they would stil be in the slammer.

August 31, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Stephanie

Stupidity may have caused Lindsay to pick up the alcohol initially, however addiction took over from there. Addiction is not about stupidity or immorality. It is a disease and needs to be treated. Unfortunately, Lindsay doesn't believe she has the disease and she will reap the consequences of that.

August 31, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Steven Risman

My children loved her movies

August 31, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  20. sean1fr

she doenst want her career back, she just wants a paycheck so she can go back to her old habit. LILO GOD HAS LEFT YOU SORRY FOR YOU

August 31, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Aaron Johnson

I loved Lindz until she gave me a case of the crabs. I keep them now as pets. I like to itch when I am bored. Go Illini!

August 31, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Den

Deb, you don't have to know here to realize she was given a chance that few people ever receive. She had the world and it was her choice to do what she did with her life, and in the opinion of may she chose un-wisely. As for giving the girl a break, she has had break after break after break and she continues to revert back to her old ways. She has nr respect for the law or society for that matter. She feels the world revolves around her and no one else. Well, now she has to face what she had done to herself. She may indeed turn things now that she has hit rock bottom. I would hope she does turn her life around, however she really has to prove herself to so many people before she is going to be taken seriously ever again. Remember she did this to herself and has no one to blame for herself!

August 31, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Andy Forsyth

...and I want my Blow back! Being sober sucks! I hate myself!

August 31, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  24. deb

I cannot believe all the hate for Lindsey. You people don't even know this girl yet you judge, judge, judge!!! She is ONLY 24 (and just barely) and for you all to say that she's a "has been" is really pathetic! She IS a good actress and she has SAID that she KNOWS she's made mistakes. Give the girl a break! How would you react if the entire world was calling you every awful name in the book? It must be devasting. I just hope she doesn't read all this garbage! She doesn't deserve all of this hate from people she's never HURT in any way, shape or form. I hope she DOES get it together. Why wasn't there this much hate for Robert Downey, Jr., or Drew Barrymore? Get a grip people!!! I have hope that she WILL get it together and be able to resume her career. Why can't you all be nice and "tolerant"?

August 31, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Tim

I like her. Especially in last month's Maxim shoot.

August 31, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Dr. Drew

Career? How about all the brain cells you killed?

August 31, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  27. meh

I'd still bone her

August 31, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • gare

ya' know meth, so would I......but she is kinda throw away stuff when yer done

August 31, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Nedemeyer

You're all worthless and weak. Now drop and give me 20!!!

August 31, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Mary

1. Why does she still have a drivers license??

2. Join and stay in AA and NA

3. How many 2nd chances does she get?

4. Just grow up

August 31, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Jennifer Justice

Lindsay is under the impression, wrongly, that she's somebody important just like Hilton thinks she's oh so important. Aside from tween girls and some dirty old men, I don't the vast majority of American's care at all about them. The best thing they could do to help themselves get right w/themselves is to live a quiet modest life and stop all the attention attempts. I do feel bad for some of these young ladies whose mothers pushed them into the limelight and the party scene so their mothers could part of it at their daughters' expense. Drew Barrymore, Lindsay, Britney – all their mothers were lusting for fame and exposed their too-young daughters to things they never should have been around in their tween and teen years. But once you are old enough to be out on your own, you are responsible for your own decisions. She can't keep blaming her childhood and frankly, even though her father is a creep media hound, her mother is worse in my eyes for acting like Lindsay's friend instead of a protective mother. She would do well to get away from her parents and the public and stay away for a long long time.

August 31, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Arglebargle

Lindsay "Lowbrow" Lohan wants her career back? Puh-lease. Pigs want to fly. Chickens want lips. Lady Gaga want to be a woman. She should find something worthwhile to do, like emptying bedpans. That would be a step up for her.

August 31, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Keith in Florida

EVERYBODY wants the career you had.
    YOU were the one that screwed it up.
    YOUR FATHER did NOT make you do the STUPID stuff YOU did.
    YOUR MOTHER did NOT make you do the STUPID stuff YOU did.
    YOUR FRIENDS did NOT make you do the STUPID stuff YOU did.
    YOU ARE TO BLAME FOR YOUR STUPIDITY.
    Until YOU admit your STUPIDITY, YOU DON'T DESERVE A SECOND, THIRD, FORTH, etc... CHANCE!!!!

August 31, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Tex2820

Oh no,..Paris Hilton just got arrested for Coke...Watch out Li-Lo-Life ....Paris is going to steal your thunder!

August 31, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  34. comment

i completely agree with @dan in montana. she's human, she's young, she's prone to error...except hers are more exaggerated by the media. if she really wants her career back, whcih she did have at one point (however short-lived it was) it's possible for her to get it back, as long as she works for it.

August 31, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  35. sand

what did she do thats so wrong, sniff coke and drink...shes in her 20's. thats what your youth is for

August 31, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  36. James

What a coincidence, as I would love to see her back also. You can't really say that they are geting away with it, as she just spent time in jail. Albeit, it was only a couple of weeks, but in comparison to the Canadian Justice system, that would be considered a long time.

As for rehab, talk about over-reaction... OMG, she is 24 years old, she is just doing what most (not all) girls her age do. – have fun!

August 31, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  37. The weasel

I wonder when she will turn to pron? I bet she looks nice with a pearl necklace...

August 31, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  38. AshannaK

Dan Herdegen: You've said it all. The only thing left to say is, 'Can I get an Amen'?

August 31, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Frankie

When she was 19 years old, her folks stated they were so proud of her for facing her drug and alcohl problems. Proud of a 19 year old with drug and alcohol problems!!!!??? Her folks were part of the problem for enabling her. Now she's 24, still dealing with drug and alcohol problems and we still read the stories about her. Why? Because she is the Train-wreck-of-the-week, that's why. Nobody gives a hoot about Britney Spears any more now that she's straightened herself out. Get a clue, Missy. Nobody cares about you. We just like to see you fail so we feel better about our own cr*ppy lives. As soon as you straighten yourself out, you'll be yesterday's news and nobody will care. So hurry up and straighten yourself out. I'm waiting for the next train wreck to come along. My guess it'll be Miley Cyrus.

August 31, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Chuck Farlie

I can't name a single movie this low-life has been in. What career is she talking about? She and Paris should go on the Celebrity rehab show with all the other "C" rated loser celebs. Please do us a favor and disappear....pretty please!

August 31, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  41. David

She had a career??

August 31, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  42. AussieAmerican

B grade movie for Machete?? Cheech Marin is in it! he's cool dude, man! lol

August 31, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  43. amie

this girl needs to grow up and take responsibility for her own actions. It's her dad's fault, it's the people around her who are at fault, it's the tabloids' fault. blah, blah, blah.

August 31, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Queen Lattice

QUOTE: “I want my career back. I want the respect that I had when I was doing great movies."

Uh....WHAT great movies?? Can't we just let this no-talent beyotch go away?

August 31, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Mary

She is truly as delusional as her mother is if she thinks ANY of those movies she made were great! They were barely acceptable! It must be her mother that is putting these ideas in her head because her mother thinks she is a "good mom".
    I think, at this point, movies are just a "little" out of her league – however "Dancing with the Stars" might be a good opportunity for her!

August 31, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Suzanne

Blames her father, what a joke....BLAME YOURSELF...........YOU ARE THE PROBLEM........

She should be in jail, and rehab, it is hoped she goes away for good...... Not interested in hearing about her, nor Paris..... give us a break from these problemed people who take things for granted......... YOU WERE LUCKY IN LIFE AND DRANK IT AND DRUGGED IT AWAY.......... OTHERS WOULD OF GIVEN THEIR EYE TEATH FOR YOUR GOOD FORTUNE........ BUT YOU AND PARIS THINK IT A JOKE......... KIDS LOOKED UP TO YOU.........YOU HAVE A SOCIAL AND MORAL RESPONSIBILITY AND YOU BLEW IT........... GO AWAY LINDSAY

August 31, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Danny

You need to have a sit down with your ego...

August 31, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Herbie

Ya I want my little sweet girl that used to drive me around back....

August 31, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  49. ahmet

Looking at her, I see a weak person prone to substance abuse. Would not be surprised to see Emergency Room visits in the future. Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic.

August 31, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Phil

She should try dancing with the stars apparently it is full of has beens and non stars

August 31, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Stephanie

I am an addictions therapist and think that Lindsay is in denial of a substance abuse problem. Based on what the media has told, Lindsay appears to have a problem. She is incorrect about stating alcoholics need to chronically drink. When people are faced with restrictions, such as legal charges, they are often able to abstain from their use. That doesn't mean they are able to control their use when they do drink/use. She also didn't attend her treatment as recommended. She'll be back to drinking/using in no time.

August 31, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  52. boocat

What career? The chick made forgettable movies. If she'd grow up and act like an adult instead of some hard partying loser, she'd have a career.

August 31, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  53. foreva

The old Judge was obsessed with her and too involved with the case.
    Lindsay has been vindicated, she wasn't an alcoholic and wasn't abusing prescription drugs.
    She sholud be expecting an apology after all she has went through in the past few months.

August 31, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Dan in Montana

Angelina Jolie has her own problems. Addiction to having babies right now. She use to be, I like men or do I like woman. Now she just likes babies. There is definately something up with her too but is overlooked because she is smokin hot. She is a little unstable as well just look at her history.

August 31, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  55. FlexSF

She would be more interesting if she stopped talking about her problems. If LiLo is an actress, then she should act and live her life. She'll be judged by her work, and not her problems.

August 31, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Dan in Montana

People get a grip, How many times did she get into trouble? She is practically still a teenager. How many times do college students get into these same messes. It will all be forgotten in a year and she will continue to get movie gigs because she is being talked about. I think the press creates a sense that this is more of a problem than it is. How long did she wear that ankle bracelet that detects drugs? Probably for a long time and she did not have a daily problem with that. If she had a drug problem that would have been set off multiple times. It went off once because she was at a party and had a drink. So what. A lot of stars party. Partying is not the problem, Partying while young is normal. Get over yourselves.
    She will eventually come around, you will see.

August 31, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Joe

Just OD already!

August 31, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Joe

Good advice from an insignificant tool. Why don't you go first Joe. You'll never make a contribution to society anyway so don't waste anymore of out time, ok?

August 31, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  58. InuUpstate

I can not imagine anyone reputable actor would ever consider working with her on the same project. I can't see the words, "Starring Sean Penn and Lindsey Lohen." Or any "A" list actor. Hey here is one that works Angelina Jolie and Lindsey Lohen as Mutt and Jeff, a true story about two women sharing heat ache that find them selves in the middle of family court as two gay women fighting for their freedom......

Go away little girl......

August 31, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  59. someones mommy

well, i had a pretty messed up childhood too. my parents were meth addicts, however i am doing just fine. you do things because you want to and as for her giving in to "peer pressure" i dont want my kids to see that on movies. she cant even be strong enough to controll her life then why would we want our kids watching her. and wanting to be like her growing up. miley cyrus same thing my kids dont watch that garbage either.

August 31, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  60. Rastas

Come and hang out with me Lindsay. I don't care what you've done. You're still hot and anyone that says you're not is a fool.

August 31, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Being hot isn't "a career" nor does it make you "a damn good actress".

August 31, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • justinR

August 31, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rastas

Hey Steve, if I wanted your opinion, I would have asked for it. Go play in traffic or something. Better yet, you better get ready to catch the short bus to Micky D's. Your shift starts soon, doesn't it?

August 31, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Steve

What career?

August 31, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  62. Bob

She is a mess and I dont care about her career.

I have to say. That picture is smokin hot. Ouch.
    Too bad shes probably wacked on perco something or other. What a waste.

August 31, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  63. Sean

Lindsay has some issues! Stop blaming other people for your actions. If your reason for doing illegal activities is because someone else is doing it, you have a problem! Once she admitts to herself that she has a problem, her career might get better.

August 31, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  64. al

i won't lie, she looks pretty good in that picture. haha

August 31, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  65. Stinger

Just stop hanging out with the wrong people !! dont listen to fools !!

August 31, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  66. CATom

She is no lady gaga thats for sure. She doesnt even have an adams apple.

August 31, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  67. Me2

And I would like Winnie the Pooh to be my bestest friend, Santa Claus to give me a Porsche for XMAS, the Easter Bunny to snuggle up with me at night, and the Tooth Fairy to pay me for all the teeth I lost when I was a lil schmuck WITH INTEREST.... :) Get real Ms. Lohan...time to grow up and face the music of the mess that is your life.

August 31, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  68. citizenUSA

Who ever told her she made "great" movies, had "respect" and is a "good" actor? She's a Lolita type of eye candy and was being exploited by Hollywood. It's a shame she thinks she can't have fun and a glorious career.

August 31, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  69. Historian

Can you say "Dancing with the Stars"

August 31, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  70. mejazzbo

You don't want your career back. You want drugs, alcohol and attention.

August 31, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  71. Aaron

And we'd rather you thought about a career change.

August 31, 2010 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  72. s

Respect isn't given to you, respect is earned. People are sick of hear. I know I am sick of hearing her name. You can't keep blaming others for your mistakes. There comes a time when you have to stand up, admit you made some mistakes, admit you have a problem and get the help. If she can't see she has a problem, then there is no helping her. She needs to remove herself from the people she has been hanging around with and find herself. Nothing wrong with being alone. We can give her all the chances she needs, but how many chances do you give a person who sees nothing wrong??? How much can we take? She had one or two good movies, but she isn't a great actress. She needs to re-evaluate her life, maybe take a break from hollywood and go to college or something. Try something different for a change.

August 31, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  73. Jim1000

I want my safe roads back. So there. I also want respect for the courts back. Give me all that, and you can have your "career" and "respect" "back."

August 31, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  74. Jack

I would suggest that you grow up and tell both of your parents to get jobs and take a hike.

August 31, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  75. Godstar

She should just marry Paris Hilton. I'm sure Paris wouldn't care as long as they could both do drugs together.

August 31, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  76. Calvin

I'm sure McDonald's is hiring.

August 31, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  77. luvabully

everyone is allowed second and third chances its called forgivness. lohan is a good actress and a good singer (her songs suck tho) maybe if she'd buy a clue and not a drink she wouldnt be saying i want my career back? shes young enough to overcome it and old enough to know better. why does she need someone to tell her what she is doing is wrong? she seems to be smart enough to figure that out on her own. why does it take rehab rehab rehab rehab jail jail jail to finally say this isnt the way to live?

August 31, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  78. Jeepers

I remember seeing her in the Parent Trap and Freaky Friday and thinking how much potential she had. I hope she gets it together this time and does day on the right path. But just chalking it up to youth may not be the right way to do it. She needs to acknowledge that when she does do those things, she loses control in the way someone with a problem does...someone like her dad.

August 31, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  79. dan

Posted before I read the other post. Lohan needs to prove herself. She goes to Jail two weeks rehab for three and she feels villified. Fact is if she hadn't been arrested she would be Robert downey Jr 11 years ago. The only reason she is straight is because she got caught. And the only reason she stayed straight is she was on probation. I hope she gets it right this time, but she did just miss a court date two months ago, not very responsible.

August 31, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  80. Sean

Bye bye Lindsay. Hollywood has already replaced you with the totally hot Emma Stone. It's funny how you movie stars think you're irreplaceable.

August 31, 2010 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  81. Kate

Like someone is going to pay this low life millions to make a movie. Better go back to school because I don't see you as Miss Popularity anytime soon. You and your sick family should stay out of the spot light! No offense, but you look like you've aged and your not so cute anymore!

August 31, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  82. JerriC

The "rumors" that she has a substance abuse problem ????

August 31, 2010 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  83. BigDee

Dear Lindsey, I really want to root for you and wish you well. If you want your career back, you'll have to grow up and really work for it. Only then will you really appreciate the talent and opportunity that you have. Good luck.

-Dee

August 31, 2010 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  84. Carolae

The song "Promises, Promises" comes to mind. She'll say whatever she has to in order to jump start her so-called career back. I wish her a lot of luck; however, she is going to have to prove herself first before any company is going to fall into one of her traps. If she is doing a movie or something where she has to be at the studio a certain time, she had better not be late or in her case, just won't show up. If that happens, they should fire her on the spot. She's been given too many chances and this time, I don't think anyone wants to stick their neck out to get burned. We'll just have to wait and see.

August 31, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  85. Ben

"Lindsay Lohan: I want my career back"

I'd stick to being a paid traveling companion to Russian billionaires. More suited for that career.

August 31, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  86. jesus

She also wants her purse back from Paris Hilton. It has some goodies in it that she misses.

August 31, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Carolae

That's a good one! The two of them should hook up...just imagine what trouble they could get into!

August 31, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  87. tom

Yeah and it won't be long before we see all the goods in a certain other magazine, right after her comeback fails.

August 31, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  88. sam

nice side-boob anyhow.

August 31, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  89. GoFaster58

First she must get her life back and in order.

August 31, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  90. Paul

Come on Lindsay, you had your life than and had all the chances than. First time is a tragedy, second time is a farce..

August 31, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  91. AliGirl

And people in hell want ice water.

August 31, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  92. Boof

It's funny. All you people that say she never had a career just can't accept that no matter what, she still has a better life than you do. Personally, I don't care what she does. It's her misfortune to be under a microscope 24/7. She's made mistakes but are they worthy of the insults and loathing you pile on her? I don't think so. When all is said and done, she'll still be better off than most of us so, either accept or wallow in your hatred. Your choice.

August 31, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
    • acs555d

"she still has a better life than you do."

Hey Boof. What planet did you fall from? Ever been an addict? Apparantly not. This woman is full of self-loathing, can't keep herself out of trouble and has a family that no one in their right mind would want. All the money in the world wouldn't want me to have "her better life." I know how to be comfortable in my skin and love my life, even without millions of dollars and a crack pipe. If she wants respect, let her earn it. That's not something people give to everybody. The only 'respect' she will get is from anyone except star-struck fools like you.

August 31, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Boof

Ah yes, another ignorant botard heard from. Keep living the dream dummy.

August 31, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  93. NotTheActress

Lets see... She tested positive for narcotics that may or may not have been administered... She was found in contempt of court for writing profanities on the fingersnails and flashing them at the judge every time she didn't like what she heard. She has "sorta" admitted to using illegal drugs in the past (anyone remember the skeletal Linsay of yesteryear?), but she only used them because of peer pressure and youthful ignorance. NONE of her movies were worth the $5 to buy them from the Walmart cheap bin.

And she "wants the respect back?" Honey, I hate to tell you this but you never had the respect. When you were a teen you were fap material for pubescent boys. When you turned 18 and "stupid" you were the laughing stock of the industry and the butt of the best jokes. And even recently you are still a laughing stock who couldn't even stay in the headlines! You got burried in the tabloids and Interest collumns. You couldn't even compete with a common murder in New York for ratings. So... What respect?

August 31, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  94. Mike McGlaughlin

I heard that Americans were supposedly a forgiving people-leave the judgement of her to God!

August 31, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  95. fronco

She sounds like as if she owns an oil company.

August 31, 2010 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  96. spamfish60

How long before she's in trouble again? Not very long, I bet.
    No talent, she gets pub by taking her clothes off. Her face is a map of her bad habits.
    The real crime is the media that pays attention to her.

August 31, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  97. jamesnyc

ditch your father. period.

August 31, 2010 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  98. Greg

Lying on your back is the only career you got left!

August 31, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  99. Queenie

I like Lindsay's acting...I really do. However, that alone is not going to help her. She needs a good press agent. She needs to divorce BOTH of her parents. She needs to prove herself even harder than she did before.
    There are people in Hollywood who are pulling for her, which is good. One could only wish they had the opportunities she has been presented in her life. She needs to realize the value of her career, life and self.

August 31, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  100. Cassy

Can't want something back ya never had it in the first place.. =p

If ya want the attempted career back...then get off the crack..

August 31, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  101. Rick

Stick a fork in her, she's done.

She's gonna end up like Dana Plato.

August 31, 2010 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  102. Yacker

You have your life. One of a spoiled addict.

August 31, 2010 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  103. Sally

It's too bad that she got famous so young, and had two parents who only used her for their meal ticket. And why in heck was she allowed out of jail early, and out of rehab even sooner? Does a judge's sentence mean nothing in Hollywood? If this child does not get her act together, take responsibility, and clean up her act, she will not work again. And the first time she's seen out at night with a drink in her hand, she ought to be locked up for six months. Talk is cheap.

August 31, 2010 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  104. OhThatHurts

Oh how cute, she wants to be 12 again and do Disney movies! She hasn't done anything important to speak of since so what the hell carreer does she want back?

August 31, 2010 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  105. Larry

It's a shame that she still doesn't get it. She is the problem and won't admit responsibility for her mistakes. She still wants to blame her behavior on her dad and the people she associates with. Very Sad!

August 31, 2010 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  106. Rolyat

Let me get this straight. She wants her career back ? She wants to prove she's a great actress ? She wants to prove she's got it together ? She wants to give up the L.A. night life at the Clubs ? Then why after she was released from re-hab did she go rent a $150,000 Maserati and she was seen crusing the streets of Los Angeles at 2:00 in the morning with her friends in tow. The very same day ! Yes, Lindsay . . . you got ot together. We're proud.

August 31, 2010 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  107. LoopsFroot

I think she can turn her life around. I know a lot of people would love to see her disappear but I am one of the odd few that really wants to see her go in a positive direction.

August 31, 2010 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  108. TonyJustin

She has been told since she was small child that she is on a different plane than the rest of humanity and that the rules don't apply to her. The celebrities that thrive are those that recognize that they are human, that they have to obey the rules, and that they are not deities or royalty. Humility is the key to survival, and if Lindsey becomes more humble, she might overcome her obvious problems.

August 31, 2010 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  109. jimbo

Lindsey just blew thru a red light in LA and they gave her a WARNING....come on now.....a WARNING ??? What does it take for her toi get a ticket ? Does she have to run a light and then kill the other driver. ?? No more favors for this train wreck..stop enabling her to hurt herself and possibly others...

August 31, 2010 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  110. RUSH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    You cant go home again...

August 31, 2010 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  111. JUNGLEJIM123

Lindsay is box office poison for most Americans but the media will try to remake her into a Star again. She did herself in..and in every photo taken of her during this prison/rehab ordeal she looks angry..she still blames the system and not HERSELF...she is the problem but she wont admit it ... she refuses to learn from it..so go off and be angry but we wont pay to see your films anymore...you had a wonderful chance that very few ever get and you blew it REPEATEDLY....there are many actrresses looking for a break in Hollywood....Hollywood doesnt need you..

August 31, 2010 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  112. Eric

Would love to see LiLo turn into a Hollywood Blvd Streetwalker...

August 31, 2010 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Ballz

Im looking forward to seeing her in her new movie:
      A Night at the Sybian

August 31, 2010 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  113. May

Sorry Lindsay, sometimes we do things we regret, then we have a lot of work to do to right the wrongs we've created. Your example to our young women has been appauling, perhaps you need a cooling off period. Not to be distressed, Betty White is still acting at her age. There is time to clean up your act.

August 31, 2010 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  114. Thenextstep

Lindsay is the peanut butter that never made it to the brread, she is the football payer that never made it off the bench, she is the nail that never got hit, and finally, she is the Hardy that never got with Laurel.............. Damn fine looking woman though when she's c;eaned up and presentable...........

August 31, 2010 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  115. Orange Sunshyne

You're damaged goods lady!

August 31, 2010 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  116. Mag

As far as I remember she was caught intoxicated a few months ago, so cut the bs about being young and irresponsible. I have never watched any of her movies but she pretty much destroyed any chance to be an appreciated actress. She's just a stuck up celebrity, nothing more.

August 31, 2010 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  117. Ron

Career back?? Get in line.....for every "great" movie you made there are thousands of other aspiring actresses who are just as good and don't have issues. I want to see talent....not a successful managers product.

August 31, 2010 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  118. tet1953

Wah! I want my career back! I'll be good, I promise....wah

August 31, 2010 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  119. Swtlil

It's all about personal choices and she obviously made a lot of wrong ones. As for respect, that's something that's earned not given. She's got a long way to go, as far as I'm concerned.

August 31, 2010 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  120. Damian

Since when did cocaine earn the nickname 'careers'?

August 31, 2010 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  121. Chuck

Her blaming her father tells me she STILL does not get it. Her father is not the problem. it's her MOTHER that is. Until she realizes that, she will never get things straightened out.

August 31, 2010 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  122. Rob

What's the name of the river in Egypt?

August 31, 2010 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  123. Chris

Although I do not agree with Lindsays actions it's not my place to. This is a world that most people who are commenting have no clue what goes on. We have no educated right to judge her. I'm sure some of us if not all of us have had a friend who slipped into the wrong thing and we were there for them. In Hollywood it seems do or die. I hope that people can see a girl in need and not just a girl who did drugs and ruined her life. Publicly she has made her announcement she wishes to stop now let the girl prove thats what she'll do. She obviously needs support not people hurting her trying to make her reduce back to what she was. Give her good wishes and good support and maybe who knows, she may surprise us all. I just wont be comfortable knowing my bad energy and comments could bring her down. Stay Safe everyone

August 31, 2010 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
    • TooLittleTooLate

Just just the thing. She's had the chance, several times, to clean up and act right. And as soon as she thinks she is America's Princess again she slips right back into her old routines of drugs and alcohol. She has had a second, and third, and even fourth chance and has proven that she can't stay straight.

If she truley wants to get herself straight she needs to get out of Hollywood and into an everyday life. She needs to go get a normal 9-5 job with no expectations of being coddled or protected by directors or agents. She needs to get out of her parents house and get a life outside of the sphere of influence she is in.

Will she do that? Nope... Cause she is "special" and respected. And her parents will never let her do that because they'd loose the wonderful care-free lifestyle of wealth and luxury that they have been living in since Disney hired her. No, she wants respect given and not earned. She wants everything laid at her feet and no responsibility for her own actions.

My 2 cents at least...

August 31, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  124. Tukker

Yawn...... just a few weeks/months and she will have been arrested again for taking drugs/drinking alcohol.
    eople like her are the worst addicts, not confirming to have a problem only means that she's still addicted as and will have a fall back very shortly again.
    Lock her up, throw the key away and.............. NEXT!

August 31, 2010 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  125. mils

She has a BIG big toe!

August 31, 2010 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  126. gare

Good news for the east coast.....Judge says you gotta stay put. Hahahaha

August 31, 2010 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  127. fashionably

Young stupid little spoil brat with a crack head mother.You'll never have your career back as long as your delusional and airhead mother is in your life. She's messed up in the head herself!!! Get a mom who will teach you tough love, smack you back into consciouness and get you the help you so much need!! Just like someone said here; it's not the tabloid because you gave them a reason too...(why dont we hear about Dakota Fanning??) NOR it is Obama's fault that you f***ked up! Blame it on your mother!

August 31, 2010 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  128. Liam

So.... what? Your planning to suddenly be responsible? you found God in 'the big house'? Look you annoying twit WE DON'T CARE!!! That ship has sailed as far as you go and the smart money has you drunk or drugged up within 3 months. The world is tired of you and the only entertainment value that you provide now is as the village whipping post.

August 31, 2010 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  129. fefe

...one important thing lindsey must do before she can begin to recover is to take on the responsibilites of her own actions and behavior...as long as she continues to blame her father and other people there probably won't be any real progress made toward her recovery...admitting your fall down and weaknesses is key into the reality of ones's own life..

August 31, 2010 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  130. gare

..if you only had a brain.

August 31, 2010 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
  131. gare

with all of the not-so-pretty comments, I would venture to say you're not as great as you think you are. I had seen your mom on tv......sheer bwilliance.

August 31, 2010 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
  132. AdderallAddiction

There are way too many people addicted to this awful drug called "ADDERALL" in the USA!!!! This is a awful trend that needs to be looked at by the Drug Enforcement Agency ASAP. Adults are going to doctors and claiming they have ADHD just so they can get an Adderrall prescription (because it is a ADHD medication) and all it does nothing but destroys their lives! This drug is an known as the speed diet and causes sever weight loss and it destroys people by making them look like a walking skeleton and causes hallucinations & paranoia in an individual if they abuse it!
    If Lindsey really wants her career back I think it may be a good idea if she came forward to the media/public about her adderall addiction and how it destroyed her life! Just maybe Lindsey can be the voice to help mark a positive change to stop the abuse of this awful drug!! I wish Lindsey the best in her recovery!!

August 31, 2010 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Huh?

That kinda came out of left field. I didn't see anthing in there about Adderall... And there are many other drugs that can cause weight-loss, hallucinations, paranoia, etc. Stop trying to push your own addiction onto others.

August 31, 2010 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  133. gare

If it aint you, it's Paris.....money and fame makes you two stupid.

August 31, 2010 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  134. Theresa

She mentions "when I was young"...she is still young,that is why she should focus on being healthy & not get into a rut of drugs & alcohol abuse.I think she will be ok if she does the right thing.As far as her acting she is just so-so.let's wish her well.

August 31, 2010 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  135. BB

I'm waiting for her to blame Obama. He's to blame for everything in our public or personal lives.

August 31, 2010 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  136. william

if you want your "career" back, then quit F'in' up.

August 31, 2010 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
    • fefe

..she has basically reached the point of no return without the help of rehab and therapy...she cannot do it on her own...untill she's seriously ready for a change she will probably continue to mess up...

August 31, 2010 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  137. Sparky

She had a career????? I think she's talking about her crack

August 31, 2010 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  138. leshan

i would agree,but i dont kow what the article is about ,i cant stop looking at her picture!

August 31, 2010 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  139. James

DENIAL.

August 31, 2010 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  140. foreva

I agree with her completely she liked to drink but wasn't an alcoholic and proved that by stopping.
    No one gets what she got for missing a few classes and i hope she spoke out about that.
    The fact the prosecution didn't oppose her early release or her formal probation ending on November 1st if she complies shows how ridiculous the other Judge was.

August 31, 2010 at 6:29 am | Report abuse |
  141. mr bones

Oh please. Poor little spoiled ritch b!tch. Wants to get back to partying and raising he!!. Anyone else would still be in jail.

August 31, 2010 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  142. Samadrita

"I know I am a damn good actress..."
    Who the heck told you that? Delusional are we?

August 31, 2010 at 6:12 am | Report abuse |
  143. Ahria

How many of you on here have put yourself out there in a public way (other than writing on here, perhaps) to be scrutinized, publicly criticized, and often villified. If you had had millions and freedom when young would you have handled it well or surrounded yourselves with postive, genuinely caring others – or have even been able to ascertain who was or wasn't. How many of you can't handle your own families now, nevermind having family members constantly in the press talking about you, trying to regain power over you so that they can benefit. How many of you are so enlightened that you can wish another person well and not be vicious and wish ill will upon another who is obviously being tested – as we all are. Mini Talibans are you? What would you do given power over her? Would you have loving hearts or be mean spirited control freaks to put her in her place? It is fascinating watching people, even online, who make scathing remarks about others while they themselves do what? Contribute to society, volunteer, are illustrative examples of ethical behaviour with genuinely loving hearts?

August 31, 2010 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
    • efffewe

Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulease!

August 31, 2010 at 6:42 am | Report abuse |
    • leshan

i know what id do if i had power over her,damn her problems,we all got em shes only human.

August 31, 2010 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
    • dan

Some criticized her, others say prove it, and none of us believe she turned responsible over night. She just missed a court date and her monitor may have detected alcohol the night of a party she attended. Let's give her enough rope, maybe just maybe she will do the right thing.

August 31, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  144. BigDaddy

Privilaged youth who was taught or learned not to accept responsibility for their own actions. There will be no meaningfull change, until she can look in the mirror and genuinely accept that she hates whats happening, and understands that she is responsible for changing it without deflecting her problems on someone else.

August 31, 2010 at 4:59 am | Report abuse |
  145. GLADYS THENG

Who do not make mistake?
    Gives her a chance to live and contribute to the society...

God loves her too! He wants to give her a chance too...

August 31, 2010 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Sennen

She has had plenty of chances. God and I are tired of people like her. The only contribution she has made to society is as an example of bad behavior.

August 31, 2010 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  146. Sterling

The sad thing is, the girl can act. Yes, "Just My Luck" was a lackluster "adult role" debut,"I Know Who Killed Me" was terrible, and she didn't have much to contribute to "Prairie Home Companion". That doesn't erase how good she was in "The Parent Trap" or "Mean Girls". It's quite possible she should can her agent. And she should definitely try to live the kind of private life that stays out of the tabloids for at least a year. But I'd actually be happy to see her turn it around, something I can't say of a lot of her party companions.

August 31, 2010 at 4:24 am | Report abuse |
  147. Larry T.R.

To all the Haters on this comments board, who just get a kick out of bashing my Lindsay, I say to you, grow up yourselves, get a life, and go do someone some real good for a change. I love Lindsay, period. You morons haven't got anything better to do than bash someone who is your better, too bad, May the Lord God of Hosts smite all of you for your evil and malicious contempt for someone who is trying to get better. When was the last time any of YOU losers had a Multi-Million dollar career, or supported your whole family while your dead-beat dad skipped out on you ?? Shame on all of you. Lindsay, GOD Bless you always, love always, Larry .R.

August 31, 2010 at 4:15 am | Report abuse |
    • runner305

Why don't you do us a favor and keep your vengeful God out of this? It's a free planet, and if we want to make certain comments about Lindsay, we CAN, and we WILL.

August 31, 2010 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
    • acs555d

You sound like a stalker.

August 31, 2010 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
    • all the Haters

Larry, thank you, check is in the mail

love,
      Lindsey

August 31, 2010 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  148. Tammy

She is stupid

August 31, 2010 at 4:07 am | Report abuse |
  149. bozo

I love lindsay, she's my favorite actress.! Why? because only she can show people the filth and disgusting negativity they are filled with! They pour out the hate and judgement, a projection of the hate and judgement they have for themselves. A media Rorschach test, she shows you your true self when you slam her. You should be thankful you have a mirror for what is inside! She is doing this country a great service, too bad so few can understand it!

August 31, 2010 at 3:51 am | Report abuse |
  150. Champion of the world

LOHAN things will come back to you around the year 2013. You will have to deal with some controversy for a while then around 2012 things will settle down. Stay focused and try to get some sleep. You have great potential beyond what some of these people have said about you. The worst has come and the best is yet to come but it depends on your network. Remember that your network is your net worth.

Better people in your life will make you a better person. A different breed of people around you may detour you from the chaos you are currently experiencing and place you into a position of renewed success.

You could even find yourself hosting a Television program in the future that could give you a completely different edge on the image you presently have. Although you may have trouble for a season in America there will be those in Europe who will embrace you.

You will always have an audience. The trick is simple. Keep yourself in motion. Time will heal everything.

August 31, 2010 at 3:49 am | Report abuse |
  151. Suks2BU

She should just be grateful she wasn't with Paris. For her that might be the real makeup call. Vegas isn't a part of the wussy Left Coast

August 31, 2010 at 3:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Penny

If she were with Paris, she, too, would have told her that white powder was chewing gum....

September 2, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  152. matt

Gifted with a beautiful face and body, with the right time and place of birth, right time and place of opportunity in a field of work which normal people can only dream of doing, gifted with riches, free passes on many occasions in life...how should we pity such a person who has and continues to squander such valuable material gifts in life while billions of people are starving, suffering under oppression, have no hope of education or live in squalor? People such as this person lack respect and love for themselves, thus they make destructive choices in their lives. Once they learn to truly respect and love themselves, and understand their true meaning, then they can start to think about receiving love and respect from others and also they will be able to do the same for their fans. Pity for the self. That comes first. Then healing by right choices and right thinking.

August 31, 2010 at 3:40 am | Report abuse |
  153. (OYO)

You want your career back?! Why sure! We've got a marketing and PR team ready at our Disney Burbank and Glendale offices ready to focus-group your butt into a renewed career! Mickey's got your back!

August 31, 2010 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
  154. SKY

A PARENT WHO NEVER TELLS HIS CHILD, I LOVE YOU...CAN HARM THE CHILD. WHEN THE CHILD
    BECOMES A ADULTS THEY MAY HAVE PROBLEMS SHOWING LOVE IN THEIR RELATIONSHIPS, EVEN TO
    THEIR OWN CHILDREN.
    INFACT EVERY DAY A PARENT DOES NOT TELL HIS CHILD I LOVE YOU, IT LIKE TELLING THE CHILD I HATE YOU.
    YES PARENTS CAN DO UNSPEAKABLE DAMAGE TO A CHILD AND IT CARRY OVER INTO ADULT LIFE.
    SO LINDSAY IS TALKING, LETS JUST LISTEN. SHE KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON INSIDE OF HER HEAD AND
    HEART. IT IS NOT A BLAME GAME, IT'S REAL . HEALING START WHEN YOU BEGAN TO TALK ABOUT YOUR
    PROBLEMS.,
    SO AGAIN, WILL WE JUST LISTEN?

August 31, 2010 at 3:24 am | Report abuse |
    • runner305

Even if you may have good points, is there any reason you must have your CAPS LOCK ON???

August 31, 2010 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
    • MrsJones

Why are you SHOUTING????????????????

August 31, 2010 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
    • HEALING START WHEN YOU BEGAN TO TALK ABOUT YOUR

please DO NOT encourage her to air her dirty laundry

August 31, 2010 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  155. B-Dog

She *IS* a talented actress... and I think she will get back on her feet.

August 31, 2010 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  156. wildwohl

Guess what, the world doesn't want you, just go away.

August 31, 2010 at 3:09 am | Report abuse |
  157. what?

it's showtime synergy!

August 31, 2010 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
  158. JoePelican

In all honesty, if you don't get busted again, I'll start liking you again. Get it together. You can do it.

August 31, 2010 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  159. momo

What Career???

August 31, 2010 at 2:36 am | Report abuse |
  160. Steve

I wish I could sit down with Lindsay and say.....You are blaming all your problems on others, and saying that you don't have a drug or alcohol problem and that you are mature. From what I have seen you are spoiling and you don't have to be an alcoholic to have a drinking problem and to realize that YOU screwed up a number of times and need to stop being spoiled brat. Take responsibility for yourself and the only way to GET RESPECT is to EARN IT!!! Are you a great actress, I don't think so but I do enjoy wanting your movies and you are entertaining and getting better. The best thing I can say about you is that "Lindsay you have potential!"

August 31, 2010 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
    • I wish I could sit down with Lindsay and say

where do you people that post her find all this time? why don't you have anything else going on in your life?

August 31, 2010 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  161. John

Mean Girls 2 ?

August 31, 2010 at 2:34 am | Report abuse |
  162. kazz

i want a big rack znd millions of dollars

August 31, 2010 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  163. Kevin E

Pray for her, in Jesus name. Amen

August 31, 2010 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
    • winky

You forgot the holy apostrophe at the end of Jesus. It should read "...in Jesus' name,". The 11th commandment, "Thall shall not take the Lord's name in vain...or punctionally incorrectly.

August 31, 2010 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Get over it

I agree, we do need to pray for this very lost young lady. And she does need to get out of Hollywood, get her life back together, and go find a real job. The last thing she needs is an acting role, at least until she can learn how to behave professionally.

August 31, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  164. SKY

LINDSAY LOHAN IS TALKING, WILL WE LISTEN., ONLY SHE CAN EXPLAIN HERSELF.
    A PARENT CAN CAUSE TRAMA IN A CHILDS LIFE. SHE IS TRYING TO GIVE US
    SMALL BITS OF THE TRAMA THAT WAS DONE TO HER.

August 31, 2010 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
    • AMom

Oh Puh-lease. We don't listen to her. Obviously you haven't read other's comments about this article. NO ONE is hearing her or believing the garbage falling out her mouth...again. Her parents causing trauma. Get a grip on reality and stop supporting a young lady that continues to make the worst choices she possibly can. She thinks much more highly of herself than she ought. She still doesn't want to face the reality that she is the root of her own problems. Blaming your parents or others only goes so far before you start looking like a cry baby. She still can't believe she's lowly enough to actually make mistakes, choose wrong choices and then get caught doing it. The ONLY reason I read this article was in hopes of finding one shread of evidence that of anything she's gone through might have sunk in and actually forced her to get off her little pink birthday pony and grow up. She was a cute little child actress and very well might have had some sort of chance at an adult acting career. The problem was she's never wanted to grow up. (Those lovely nails of hers in court, case in point.) The article clearly demonstrates that she is angry, or at the very least resentful, that she doesn't have whatever sliver of respect she seems to think we as the public owe her and begrudges the fact that she has to get it back by not partying and staying home, as if that would make us respect her more. She can still do her crap away from the cameras. The only problem is she won't get the press she so desperately desires. She pushes the truth of her own situation off on other people and blames them for her problems even now. I was hoping to find that she had actually found a way to reality but, truth be told, I wasn't disappointed to find that she is par for her own course. I'm just wishing the media would simply stop giving her the press that actually gives her a voice. I'm really tired of the whining.

August 31, 2010 at 3:02 am | Report abuse |
    • listen to her?

you really have the time to listen to her? your life has so little going on that you will listen to someone that is willing to say and do what ever it takes to just be famous?

really star struck over a less than B actress aren't you

August 31, 2010 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  165. LB

No no no. The interviewer misheard her, she said she wants her beer back so she can drive impaired again. Does the 3 strikes rule come for DUI's? Hopefully it does so she can get her next strike in a week and spare us making more movies.

August 31, 2010 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
  166. vm

the problem with Lindsey is that she tries way too hard. She takes herself far too seriously, and yet makes stupid mistakes but expects everyone to love and respect her as an actress? Too many female artists/actresses spend far too much time being self-indulgent and taking themselves far too seriously, and then wonder why they aren't getting the respect that they feel they deserve. It's called working hard, being humble, and not taking one's self too seriously. Lindsay doesn't seem to be willing to do any of this.

August 31, 2010 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
    • self-indulgent

your post is dumb

who cares if she takes herself seriously? She treats people like dirt. Take her and Naomi Campbell and ship them off to cuba.

August 31, 2010 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
    • J

I've been to Cuba, it's very nice, they don't deserve having her visit.

August 31, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  167. JoePelican

"And I know that in my past I was young and irresponsible—but that’s what growing up is." She still hasn't grown up. Her and Paris Hilton are just taking turns making the guards smile.

August 31, 2010 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  168. snickers

Sorry, your so over Lindsey. No one should touch you in the movie industry again. You were a B rate movie star to begin with, and now you are washed up. Hope you have to dimes to live like the rest of the world, you blew thousands doing nothing but having a huge party. I would never pay to see you in a movie again.

August 31, 2010 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |
  169. swimtiger

You want your career back.......what did you do to lose it. You should get your life back first and then your career.

August 31, 2010 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  170. Kenny

She is saying all the things she wants us to hear believing that we believe it. She is saying all the same things a 20 to 25 year old would say when the problem is what someone else caused. There will come a day when she says "I screwed up", she will begin to become the adult she always thought she was. On that day she will realize that her friends are the ones sucking her life's blood from her and those very friends will be the first to abondon her again. Then and only then will she have a chance at success. If that doesn't happen soon her final destination will be the cold table of some city morgue. The choice is hers and hers alone. her mom and dad have no say in that decision. Only she can decide where she wants to end up.

August 31, 2010 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
  171. Mel

She's a child actress with an addiction problem, not a new story, but it's sad every time. She grew up around people who were paid to be around her and was exposed to all sorts of substances, and she had a traumatic relationship with her father... really, this was bound to happen. If she ever wants respect again she has to continue to get herself together... less talk, more action. I hope she gets her s- together for her own sake. Life's too short.

August 31, 2010 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
    • wants respect again ?

did she even look at her fingernails when she went to court?

she needs to respect others before asking for them to respect her

August 31, 2010 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  172. Anon

I'm happy for her. I'm glad that she's getting her life back, and I hope she's able to build her career back again...I think she can. Hey, male actors pull this crap and worse all the time, and they're forgiven....give the girl a break. I look forward to seeing what she's really capable of....creating positive outcomes for herself.

August 31, 2010 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Anon2

Yes, Tracy Lords, Hillary Duff, Britney Spears,(jury still out for the Star part), Tatum O’Neal, Mariel Hemingway (sadly, not Margaux) and Drew Barrymore to name a few.

Some are good actresses, some are not.
      However, they all tried hard and seem to have made some kind of career for themselves.

August 31, 2010 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  173. PDXSerric

Lindsay, if you want others to respect you then try being responsible for your actions and try to separate yourself from the "friends" that will always tear you back into using. Try not throwing a fit when you're caught breaking the law and actually serving your sentence without crying about the injustice of it all. And most importantly STOP doing what you keep doing that lands you in trouble time after time. You say you've grown up? I say prove it. Start acting like an adult.

August 31, 2010 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
    • You say you've grown up?

how about just remove yourself from the public stage

August 31, 2010 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  174. Anthony

She is complaining about how she wants her career back... what about all the people who have lost their jobs in this recession? You really think anyone gives a rats d*ck about her not filming movies when people are getting laid off left and right? You want your career back? Welcome to the club.

August 31, 2010 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  175. gare

....so go twitter your thumbs.

August 31, 2010 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  176. Daniel

Get healthy, quit the booze and drugs, grow up, and you'll do fine.

August 31, 2010 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  177. gare

....And your mom needs a check-up from the neck-up

August 31, 2010 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Sparky

lol! love that line

August 31, 2010 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
    • sosideirish

Spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 31, 2010 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Tex2820

...Check-up from the Neck-up.....too funny. hahaha. Perfect for Lindsey Lo-Life AND her mom and dad.

August 31, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Penny

OMG! That's a fair share of Lindsay's problem – her mother. I laughed so hard at Dina's interview with Lauer...what a joke.

Oh, and did you happen to notice that she was making comments about how her father screwed up her life? I saw a comment above that says that this interview took place a few years back but the thing is – NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Addicts of all kinds blame others for their troubles – that's the nature of the illness. She is no victim of anything other than her own actions.

And, she mentions Britney...anyone look at Britney lately? She may have shaved her hair off but because of HER FATHER she is still alive and still a mother to her young sons. And, her career is off like a rocket again – along with her head being screwed on straight. Too bad it couldn't happen to both Paris (Ha! Chewing gum my a**!) and to Lindsay.

September 2, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  178. cvguy

Never a good actress, and it seems to me just 3 months ago you were a screwed up hot mess, and now suddenly you are "Mature" and "responsible". Love that quote about not having structure at 19 and how she is not the same person now...that is a riot...you WERE that person in January, you lost jobs in March...and NOW you have seen the light.

This is a desperate girl, and her mother, who are out of money and mounting a last ditch PR effort hoping that ANYONE in LA will give her another shot. Not likely...burned bridges and costing the studios money in the process guarantee she is all but done. Maybe Vivid will give her a chance.

August 31, 2010 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
    • give her another shot?

picked the wrong economy to act like she has, spoiled brat

August 31, 2010 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  179. The Rubber Duck

Honey, you were never anything but a second-rate actress. Of course, the last movie you made was utter bollocks ("I know who Killed me").
    It's too bad for you, but you're going to have to live like the rest of us now.

August 31, 2010 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  180. drinky

blah blah blah...who are you again?????

August 31, 2010 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  181. gare

You are not a great actress....your movies go straight to DVD'S .....OVERNIGHT.

August 31, 2010 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  182. E

You don't get to suddenly get a career back, it is the oldest story in Hollywood, if you want people to respect you as an actress adn a person EARN IT. Plenty of better actresses than Lindsey have spent decades trying to get themselves back in the picture after youthful problems, some, like Drew Barrymore, succeed, others, like Tatum O'Neill and Cory Haim, never do. If you want respect, earn it.

August 31, 2010 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
    • David, Tampa

She is a US citizen. Everyone here blames their problems on someone else! (My Priest made me Gay)

August 31, 2010 at 3:04 am | Report abuse |
    • "when I was doing great movies?"

you're gay?

August 31, 2010 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Petey

"She still blames other people for all her problems, why would anyone think she has matured?"

Well, if you'd read the article, you would know that this interview is actually from 2007, so we don't know that she still blames other people.

August 31, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
    • sosideirish

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 31, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Megan

Actually, Petey, if YOU read the article, the interview is from one week before she went into jail in July, for her 2007 DUI. This is a new article and new interview and, unfortunately, shows just how little she's changed.

August 31, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  183. gare

You want the respect you had when you were doing great movies!?? You never did a great movie in your life.

August 31, 2010 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Raevyn

Actually...A Prairie Home Companion was a great movie.

August 31, 2010 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

...Not really because of her though.

August 31, 2010 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
    • David, Tampa

Gotta give ya that one

August 31, 2010 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Hawaii5-0

Everything about her is a bad situation along with other high profile actress/actors that falls short...that is why if she's even thinking of getting in front of the big screens again...somebody will have to write a damn good story for her to pull it off...she's never going to come back big like Robert Downey Jr.

August 31, 2010 at 3:26 am | Report abuse |
  184. Dan Herdegen

You can't have back what you never had in the first place.

August 31, 2010 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Khristina

Took the words right out of my mouth, Dan! LOL

(And Prairie Home Companion, along with I Know Who Killed Me are a couple of the worst movies I have ever seen)

August 31, 2010 at 3:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Rich

I agree. There are lots of great actresses who manage to stay out of trouble, and more importantly, have much more respect for others and the law. I certainly wouldn't miss her as an actress. A career change might be just what she needs to avoid ending up as yet another dead-too-young statistic.

August 31, 2010 at 5:17 am | Report abuse |
    • stella

loved your comment and its so true..

August 31, 2010 at 6:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Monty

I couldn't agree with you more I wish she would just disapear from the hollywood scene and with paris hiltons drug stuff going on i hope she disapears as well. I'm tired of these celebs doing whatever they want and pretty much getting away with it...

August 31, 2010 at 7:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Jonas

she will be the flippin feel good story of the year. she will be in a movie. someone in the academy will decide its was a spectacular performance. she will be nominated for an oscar and will end up being oprah's last guest before she retires. and the stupid american public will buy into all of it......

August 31, 2010 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
    • green_blue8019

Yeah, that's it, always blame someone else for your shortcomings......... You need to get your life back first before you get your career back. Good Luck with that........

August 31, 2010 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
    • angela

If I am getting her full quote she has never abused prescription drugs. That is very clever wording. Yes crack and alcohol are still not prescription drugs. Either one of those along with whatever drugs she maybe taking by prescription for sleep or adhd or anxiety would make for disaster. Her and her mother are in denial it would seem. But this is America and everyone deserves to get back up , dust themselves off and try again. The problem dear lindsey is that you haven't dusted your old self off yet. I wish the best for you.

August 31, 2010 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Steven Prochut

What happened? Did she get laid off? Oh yeah, that's right. Her career went up her nose.

August 31, 2010 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Advin

im not a fan of hers, but people just want to judge others and think their perfect, Yes she done stupid stuff in life, but everyone deserve chances, thats life.Keep it moving

August 31, 2010 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
    • CaraD.

Dan got it right. Additionally, there are now young actresses that have taken every role that she hopes to have. Posing half naked and dressing up like Marilyn Monroe every other day is not an acting career. Lindsey traded her career for the fame. Does she need the Gaga album? It's fleeting. Her 15 minutes are up. It's time for her to go away or go on reality television with the other has beens. No one wants to work with someone who won't show up and then complains about how unfair everyone is to them.

August 31, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Rita

What a stupid comment. The woman has starred in some very good movies and she is, despite her many faults, a good actress. The jealousy in your comment, and in those of the idiots agreeing with you, is pathetic.

August 31, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
    • lauren

You are 100 % correct...she has no one to blame but herself...

August 31, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • sosideirish

Too funny and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true!!!

August 31, 2010 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
    • David

Wa, wa, wa, wa, wa; who cares? Floozy actresses are a dime a dozen. Let her get a job at McDonalds.

August 31, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • caskinner

EXACTLY what I think Dan. Lindsey can you just go away?

August 31, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • MD

You already have a career, you idiot! Boozing it up and getting in trouble. We are tired of you tootsie. Please go into seclusion.

August 31, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tex2820

Good comment Dan. I always look for news items about Lindsey Lo-Life so I can have a good laugh. She was stopped last night by the cops again but let off with a warning. Too bad. I have $20 that says she's arrested again by Halloween. Any takers? Someone called her a great actress? You're kiiding, right? She had one half-way decent movie 10 years ago (Parent Trap) which I didn't see and didn't want to, and now she's done that terrible b-movie "Machete'" and slated to 'perform' (LOL) in the story of Linda Lovelace....hahaha..perfect for her.

August 31, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • macdougal

Why must they always portray themselves as some sort of victum when they screw there careers up?

August 31, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • RH of WI

Couldn't agree more Dan.

August 31, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rob

Yes exactly. What "career" does that ugly ginger think she had?!? Take away all of that hair dye and the gallons of makeup and shes nasssssty. I hope her "career" never bounces back. Unfortunately that's not how hollywood works. For example that no talent a$$clown "the situation" reported earnings for this year will break $5 million. Anyone else wanna travel through the sewer lines to drown him in the atlantic?

August 31, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bull

Only thing she might be good in is a photo spread in Playboy.Something where she can keep her yap shut.That's if she can stay away from drugs for a few weeks.

August 31, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cvg

whaaaaaaaa......spoiled crybaby.....

August 31, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • LynInOrlando

I agree .. but the poor little rich girl needs to seriously grow up and get a life.

August 31, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • BobbyC

She is Dana Plato born in the era of the internet and all-access media.

August 31, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thomas H.

Maybe Tara Reid can give her a few pointers on how to get her career back. Oh, wait....

August 31, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jill

I couldn't have said it bettet myself!

August 31, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |