'True Blood' sprints towards season finale
August 30th, 2010

'True Blood' sprints towards season finale

Editor’s Note: This post contains spoilers for the Sunday, August 29 episode of HBO’s “True Blood.”

Welcome back, "True Blood" fans. The bulk of last night’s episode was devoted to setting up the season finale and, if we’re lucky, plotlines for the fourth season that already feels like a lifetime away.

Fresh off their inaugural V trip, Jesus was eager to once again fall down the rabbit hole with Lafayette to further explore their magical lineage. Lafayette warned Jesus that V could be deceptive, and shortly after had a hallucination of Jesus resembling the main attraction of the Jim Rose Circus.

Shaken, he sent Jesus home only to later be tormented by visions of characters from the Island of Misfit Folk Art Dolls. Methinks something wicked is coming Lafayette’s way and I. Can’t. Wait.

From the department of storylines I just can’t get excited about, Crystal explained her strange family to Jason. The gist is that the people of Hotshot are one big inbred family of meth-making werepanthers. For example, Crystal’s former fiancé Felton is also her half-brother. And Bufort, the young man Jason interrupted feeding on carrion in a previous episode? Crystal’s ‘double cousin.’ A virtual fist bump goes to anyone who can diagram the Norris family tree without spontaneously combusting out of sheer frustration.

Crystal went on to tell Jason that although she’s desperate to get away from the confines of life with the Norris Clan, she has to return to Hotshot to warn them of the coming drug raid. I’ll happily eat my words if something really exciting comes out of Jason and Crystal’s relationship, but again, I’m having trouble mustering the strength to care. Moving on.

Then there was Sam, who continued his struggle with inner turmoil. After showing up at Merlotte’s drunk out of his mind and insulting everyone at the bar in record time, he was talked back down to earth by Tara. They bonded over shots of top shelf tequila and later had hot sex in Sam’s trailer while Tommy, who is at maximum capacity for suckitude, disabled Sam’s security system and broke into the bar’s safe.

Meanwhile, Arlene’s plot to terminate her pregnancy failed. Terry was thrilled, she was horrified. Rene’s demon spawn appears to be hanging on for dear life in there, no? While Arlene’s storyline has been the most relatable and ‘normal’ of the season, I’m really looking forward to seeing where this one goes, especially after the peek into her dream. What do you think was on the end of that fishing line?

In happier news, Jessica and Hoyt are officially back on. Jessica was straightforward with Hoyt and told him that her appetite is not sated by True Blood alone, and he volunteered to serve as her blood buffet. Aw!

We also found out that Summer the Insufferable was in cahoots with Hoyt’s mother Maxine to lure him away from Jessica. Despite Summer’s failure to woo him with her best lingerie, Maxine assured her that hope was not lost because she had a plan. Hopefully it involves Summer, her doll collection and a one-way ticket to Neptune.

Now, for the night’s main event! With help from a spurned Yvetta, Sookie escaped from Fangtasia’s torture dungeon/kinky sex cave. She fled the club with Bill, whose attempts to rescue her failed after Pam sprayed him with colloidal silver. As Sookie and Bill sped away from Shreveport they mused over starting their relationship anew.

Eric, meanwhile, confronted Russell about the massacre of his family and claimed that by murdering Talbot, they were now equal. Russell disagreed and just before they began to do battle, Eric made him a tempting offer – the chance to once again feel the warmth of the sun. He promised Russell that he could kill him if he was not satisfied with what Eric showed him.

Later, on a deserted stretch of Louisiana highway, the pair caught up with Sookie and Bill and brought them back to Fangtasia. As Russell occupied himself with Sookie, Eric assured Bill that he had a plan. As usual, Sookie was left out, but you’d think she’d know by now that there’s always a plan, right?

Anyway, Russell and Eric fed on Sookie’s sweet, sweet fairy blood and Eric made the first foray out into the sunlight as everyone else watched via security camera from inside the club. Eric beckoned for Russell to join him but turned away from the camera as he began to smolder. As Russell gleefully basked in the rays of the sun, Eric caught him by surprise and handcuffed them together. They began to burn in earnest as the credits rolled. Holy cliffhanger!

I can’t wait to see what happens during the finale and can honestly say that I have no idea what to expect. What do you think will happen and what did you think about last night’s episode?

Post by:
Filed under: television • True Blood • TV recaps

1. Lauren

I'm wondering if Summer has something to do with the doll left in Hoyt & Jessicas new home. I was watching the episode "I smell a rat" & couldn't help but notice that Summer had dolls with her...Hmmmm?

November 28, 2010 at 6:04 am | Report abuse |
  2. Paul

Well Eric is going to be saved by Bill .Leprechauns will kill Tommy because the pot of gold is in Sam's safe Yes I said leprechaun they have fairies ok and Jason will be turned in to a cat meow.I hope to see more nudity in next season.

September 11, 2010 at 5:46 am | Report abuse |
  3. V

I lovee TB.. however I am very disappointed by this season. There are too many story lines going on once. I cant see how they can include everything in a final episode. Also, the fact that its only 12 episodes sucks bc they cram too much into one season.

September 10, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. LuluG

Eric is smoking hot....and they know it. He will be back next season.

September 10, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  5. LoopsFroot

Can a Sheriff become King? The reason why I'm asking is because if Russell dies and that twit Sophie Ann gets both Louisiana and Mississippi, can Eric challenge her?

September 10, 2010 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  6. Lauren

Werepanthers are only interesting if they end up fighting werewolves. The storylines don't interlock with each other and it makes the season seem flat, disjointed, and uninteresting. Sookie and Bill should have been apart from each other longer so I would have cared or even thought for a minute they were going to break up. The highlight of this entire season was Franklin Mott and while Russell's highly entertaining public appearance was fantastic, it couldn't heal the wounds left by Mr. Mott's demise. Godric is going to have to be resurrected as a fairy and give Eric Daywalking powers to have me tune in for a 4th season.

September 8, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. alice

I think Jesus is some sort of Satanic creature or something, making his name pretty ironic! When La La saw him and freaked out, I think that will have some significance in the future. Hopefully it's not as voodoo as Maryann was, that was wack!

They can't do away with Eric yet! He'll get out of it...and I don't know about anyone else, but I think Eric and Pam need to get some make out time in, even though she's more of player for the ladies..

Sookie and Bill hopefully have a somewhat happy end to the season!

September 8, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  8. Tanya L

I hate the two week wait!! I am so sick of Bill and Sookie...I know Anna and Stephen got married but come on Alan Ball atleast make your writers do Charlaine Harris characters justice. I don't mind most changes (I love Lafayette and am so glad they kept him) but some of the changes are so stupid...I think the show would be better if they would have kept some of the original storyline.
    Dislikes... What was the point of bringing Alcide in if they are not going to actually show the brief relationship with him and Sookie? And I hate what they did with Calvin's character...Calvin in the book was SO MUCH BETTER why are they making him out to be some evil bad guy instead of the fair strong werepanther leader that helps Sookie and has a big crush on her. I also hate the Sam storyline...why does sweet Sam have to have a dark side? He's the good guy that is nice and helps everyone...I will say I wouldn't mind if the show changed things and he and Tara end up togther. I mean the bar fight would have made more sense to me if he was taking up for Sookie...they have changed things up so much that you Sam is not Sam to me anymore.

Eric is a must for me to keep watching...I have a feeling they are making us upset for nothing and Sookie will wake up and save Eric instead of letting him sacrifice himself. I really hope that I get to see book 4 for those of you whom have read the books or for you guys that are big Eric fans believe me you will love the story line. I am also wondering if we will have a Quinn character? I know everyone loves Bill but honestly if they keep up with the Bill and Sookie they are taking way all of the good stuff that makes the story and action.

The big highlights for me of this season was seeing Dennis bring Russell Edginton to life...he plays the insane psycho vampire perfectly. The casting of Joe as Alcide...wow he is a gorgeous man.

September 6, 2010 at 4:42 am | Report abuse |
  9. Lisa

No matter what happens I will watch True Blood until they stop making episodes. End of story...no choice for me. I read all of the books (I needed a fix while I was waiting for the next season to start and couldn't stop reading). I am hooked.

Here are my thoughts:

Bill and Sookie – storyline this season has been so-so, a little disappointed with their interactions.

Eric and Sookie – just waiting for them to explode into a crazy relationship. Although I do like Bill, I also like Eric. Good boy vs. Bad boy...that's always the controversy, isn't it?

Eric and Pam – I have enjoyed the interaction between them. Their love is deep and I do like seeing this other side of Pam.

Lafayette and Jesus – Not sure if there is anything here...it's so-so.

Tara and Franklin – Wasn't a fan of him...and was tired of seeing her in the white nightgown buttoned up to her chin with no make-up on. Lip quivering all the time...ugh.

Sam and his brother – another ugh.

Arlene and Terry – I like them as a couple...I'm rooting for Terry!

Russell is crazy edgy...but delusional...so he will probably die.

Jason and Crystal – the book was better. I don't think Crystal is Jason's type...too simple. The whole meth line...lame. I don't like any of it.

Hoyt and Jessica – YEAH BABY!!!!!

Andy – no fun there.

Sam's parents – whacko grey underwear father...ewwwwee.

All in all, a bit disappointed with this season. I hope Eric lives...otherwise it will suck.

September 5, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  10. k

sorry, * i really LOVE all the different drama and characters they have going right now! I am at work, I cant type. lol

September 3, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  11. k

First of all, I LOVE TRUEBLOOD! Honestly, I really all the different drama and characters they have going on right now! There is so much diversity with everyone and their own issues! I cannot STAND Sam's brother. UGH! Get rid of him though! NOT a fan! I am growing more and more fond of Eric's chararcter! I like how he is good and bad! =) Glad Tara has closure with Egg's death! Yay! Honestly, I am hoping for a 2 hour season finale! Cannot wait to see how this all happens! The 2 weeks wait SUCKS, but I love the anticipation! Haha! I am not ready to wait until Season 4! That wait will suck over the whole winter! Totally ready for many, many more seasons to come!

September 3, 2010 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  12. trixie

Eric will live, it's not even a question.
    I'm just so tired of Bill and Sookie together, they're both so much better when they're apart! I don't even care if she gets with Eric or whoever, just split them up please!!!

September 3, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Karen

They can't kill off Eric, I LOVE me some Eric... with long hair.

September 3, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Kristin

Quick question – are there talks of bringing Godric back? My husband was telling me this was a possibility but I have not heard of it nor can I even think of how they would bring him back after meeting the true death. Anyone have any inside scoop?

September 2, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Victoria Lynn

True Blood is killing me! One more show, oh come on...... i have to wait from fall to spring to see a new show – you guys are really mean to do this to us True Blood fans! I am addicted and LOVE the show! Keep up the good work!!!

September 2, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  16. Spencer Jones

My favorite part was where Pam sprayed Bill in the face with colloidal silver. There's an interesting article on vampires and colloidal silver here:

September 1, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Nel

Sookie and Bill are the "made for each other" couple, Eric will always come in 2nd to Sookie.
    They can't get rid of him though , but I agree Sookie and BIll should be the ones that are together. I love Tara and Sam together! Tommy is whack and needs to go. Crystal and Jason are borrrring, Jason's role would be better if they just focused on him trying to be a cop and helping out Sookie and others, and trying to bring down that kid. Jessica and Hoyt are HOT!!! and the even better with the twist re: his mom and Summer. La la and Jesus = thumbs up! I do think Jesus is up to something though. Where is Alcide and Debbie???? They could have been a great addition, maybe they will be back in season 4. Maybe the werewolves will get revenge for Russel's death!

I am sooo ready for season $ already

September 1, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Tiff

Oh I loves me some TRUE BLOOD!!!

I read all 10 books.. I absolutely LOVE what Alan Ball is doing with them. It is so fun to see the characters in a differnt light.. Instead of the usual boring way books are made into TV and movies and leaving out all the good parts, Mr. Ball has taken the story to a whole new dimention. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ALAN

September 1, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  19. LovelyK

I think Bill and Sookie are made for each other,there will be no true blood without them. I love Eric too,I dont want him to die off the show, but I don't want him with Sookie either. I love myself some LaFayette, need to show more of him.

September 1, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  20. Paul

I am a huge fan of True Blood but to be honest, I would absolutely love this show 1000 times more if Anna Paquin was not a part of it in any shape or form! She is a horrible actress, and predictable at best, I know she is the "backbone" of this show, but I would jump for joy if they killed her off and kept the show going with the characters in play now!

I know that there are those of you that disagree but she is by far the worst thing about TB and luckily we have seen less and less of her this season which concerns me because that probably means we are going to see way too much of her next season.

Just my .02 cents.

September 1, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • CarrieAnn

The thing that bugs me about Anna Paquin is that I so often here Holly Hunter's accent and inflection in her voice. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it bugs me.

September 1, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  21. BPositive

Please tell me the season finale is going to be 2 hours!! How will they ever tie up all the loose ends in just 60 minutes? Eric can't die! I think in the preview where you hear Bill telling the Queen "Eric as well" is just editted sound bit from a different conversation, or like a pervious poster has implied they are covering up that Eric survives, my guess is that Erica and Bill both want to see an end to the Queen and they are covering up Erics survival so he can come in and destroy her too. I think in the next episode they are going to reveal that the real reason that Bill came to Bon Temp and seduced Sookie was at the Queens behest because she is obsessed with Faes and new the Sookie was one potentially. I'm nervous that they are going to spend time on the Hotshot story line in the season finale and really who cares?

September 1, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • CarrieAnn

Honest – Eric doesn't die. They didn't jam Alexander Skarsgard into that Emmy presentation because he's leaving the show, ya know? They're promoting the heck out of the three of them (let's not forget the Rolling Stone cover), and they don't do big press campaigns to promote actors leaving the franchise. Alex is staying right where he is. And a two-hour finale would be awesome.

September 1, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  22. MELISA

Please, please don't take off eric he is all that and more. He makes the show.

September 1, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  23. karin los angeles

i must tell you i love sookie and bill together. go to true blood facebook page and look in discussions. i am not alone. and there are lots of eric fans. and if you think eric is going to die, you must live in a hole and never read blogs or reviews or watch the preview or something.

September 1, 2010 at 4:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Cass G.

I totally agree with you. Sookie and Bill are great together. I think Bill truly loves Sookie, can't say the same for Eric. He's too much in love with himself to care about Sookie. He just uses her for his own means. I could totally care less if he lives or dies. I don't think there would be much of a story if Bill and Sookie are not together, one way or the other. That just doesn't make any sense at all to me.

September 1, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  24. Wickedwanda

I won't continue to watch it either if they kill Eric off. He MAKES that show. Sookie and Bill are booorrring.

August 31, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Vp-Queen

I really want to see the ending but i don't want it to stop..Sure at the ending Russell dies (maybe), but i just hope that Eric lives because if there's no Eric well.....And i'm sure at the end Sookie does something , and changes everything...OMG i just cant wait!!!!!

August 31, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  26. SM

For those who've read the Sookie Stackhouse books...True Blood is not a story without Eric. He will survive...but how is the question. I'm agreeing with those who think Russell will burn before Eric. Can't wait to see how this season ends!

August 31, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Maggie

I am so glad I only bought the first season on DVD (I don't get HBO). I have started reading the Sookie novels, and the first season was way off base from the first book. The description of season three sounds like a soap opera, only not as believable (BTW, Layfayette was killed at the beginning of the second book and was only a very minor character in the first book).

August 31, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  28. CarrieAnn

Eric is not going to die – he'll be back for Season 4. The familial relationship between Pam and Eric is more interesting to me than Bill and Sookie. Odd as it seems, the chemistry Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer must have in real life just doesn't translate to the screen. Their on-screen relationship has no heat, and the more I see of Bill, the more I think he's just a whiny biotch. To the contrary, Alexander Skarsgard could have chemistry with a coffin – and he brings a compelling intensity to every scene he's in. Hope we see all kinds of screen time for Eric in Season 4.

I think they "settled" Jessica a little too soon. I would've liked to see more of her as the unruly newborn.

Crystal and Jason: yawn.

Tara and Sam: not buying the tortured past storyline....seriously, the nice guy who was just a shifter is now a double-murderer? This is Tara's next roller coaster ride? Fail.

Don't know how Lafayette and Jesus are going to work out, but Lafayette is such an incredibly entertaining character – lots more Lafayette in Season 4, please.

August 31, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  29. Kim

I don't think Eric is going anywhere. Somehow, he will be saved. But I'm sure there will at least be a few deaths – true deaths – in the final espisode. This will definitely be a LOOONG TWO WEEKS. I like that Sam and Tara hooked up. They're made for each other. Lots of issues. I hope Sam doesn't go broke and have to close Merlott's as a result of his dumb brother robbing him. I like the Arlene and Terri and Devil Baby story. It's interesting...can't wait to see how that ends. Of course, that will be a cliff hanger as well. Wouldn't it be crazy if Jessica "accidentally" drains Hoyt! Hmmm...I wonder what Hoyt would be like as a vampire. Ha!

August 31, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  30. TBFAHN

The Jason/Krystal plot needs time to develop – it does have potential if they come back to the books a little. The point of it is to set Jason up for season 4, and kill off Krysta. Pam needs to hook up with Claudine next season.

August 31, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  31. Trubie Fan 53

I will be done with True Blood if they kill off Eric. But I dont think they will. They got to know that if Eric dies that they'll loose a lot of their fan base. Plus though the show is loosely based of the books, they still keep to somewhat the major plot line, and Eric plays a major part of the 4th book's plot. PAM IS AWESOME!!! Love Kristin Bauer.

August 31, 2010 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  32. T-Bone

I can't believe the reviewer didn't mention the emotional scenes with Pam and Eric. Those were really very touching. I am a huge Pam fan. I think AB has finally figured out what an asset this actress really is and is making her figure more into things. As far as I'm concerned any episode could always use a little more Pam in it!!! And calling Bill out on his "tweendom" was simply brilliant. Last week: "Blah, Blah, Vampire Business, Blah" indeed. Best line of the show, ever!...Kristin Bauer's Pam is a Classic!!!

August 31, 2010 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
    • BPositive

Totally agree, the Pam/Eric relationship is really one of the best on the show!

September 1, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  33. Mark

The show is full of twist and turns . Agree with alot of people that Jason and Crystal storyline is not good. But ERIC will have to be back, he is jus so evil and good at the same time.
    Come on guys, give Sookie and Bill a break!! Sookie is a great screamer!!!

August 31, 2010 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  34. Kaps

If Eric goes, I will be totally devastated and vow to never watch another episode of True Blood again.

August 31, 2010 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  35. Zinga

Tears in my eyes at the thought of Eric meeting the true death..Nooooo!!!

August 30, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Todd

Can anyone explain how Sookie and others can drink huge amounts of Bill's blood without so much as a beer buzz, while other people like Lafayette have a major acid trip on only one drop?

August 30, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kim

I was thinking the same exact thing. Jesus and Lafayette were "high" for hours – a day, it seems, off of less than a drop. But when Hoyt drank Jessica's blood to heal, he's not high...he's normal. Same with when Sookie drinks Bill's. What the heck is up with that?!

August 31, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Sara

The difference is between taking blood fresh from the source and taking blood that has already been withdrawn and is stagnant. I think I remember Alan Ball talking about this before. Similarly, remember when Jason took more than a few drops of V from a vile, he was all messed up? However, when the weres took full vamp blood shots, they were fine because it had just come fresh from Russell. That is the big difference.

September 1, 2010 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • LA

That's a good point! Jason and his girl drank straight from Eddie and got high, so I don't think it has anything to do with fresh or not...

September 2, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Jeepers

I don't want them to kill Eric. I'll be very, very disappointed if they do. He's the third corner of the love triangle. Plus, he's smokin' hawt! Hehe...smokin'...literally!

August 30, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  38. theory

Pam releases Bill, Bill feeds Sookie his blood so she doesn't die, then Pam feeds off of Sookie and goes to save Eric.

August 30, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Bobbyr

Eric had fed off of Sookie before and will last longer in the sunlight,
    Also Bill fed off of her so can rescue eric without cooking to much .
    We will see

Bob

August 30, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  40. B-Dog

Pam unties bill who is able to feed Sookie who goes and saves Eric and leaves Russel to die. Sookie gives Eric some of her blood and he's left to recover but they decide to keep it a secret that Eric is still alive for now.

August 30, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  41. NavWife

Sam & Tara...Hot
    Jason and Crystal...NOT!
    Bill and Sookie...Tired, tired, tired
    Hoyt and Jessica...Wow!! Glad this storyline has begun to heat up again.
    If Eric leaves, I have to agree, it's over for me. Not sure about these Warewolves, but Witches & Fairies seem lame.
    "Blessed Be??" I've slogged through "CHARMED" Thank you...Don't need a rehash.

August 30, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  42. dragonlady76

Eric planned on dying, he set his affairs in order and lured Russell out, no other vamp has enough strength to keep Russell anchored outside and weakened by silver cuffs and sunlight.
    Eric is younger so he will burn slower, giving him time to keep outside to burn.
    But fear not, Eric will not die, he will saved, although it was not his wish to saved.
    Bill & Sookie are over, the viewers and reviewers are sick of them, it's time for some fresh blood.

August 30, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Jill moore

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dont kill of Eric!!!!! wth are you thinking?????????????????///

August 30, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Leyala

hope they dont kill off Eric, if so Im done with the show.

August 30, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Riley

If everyone remembers from the episode with Godric, he told Sookie his death would be fast because of his age. And Eric told Pam that the plan was going to work. Putting that all together, I think it makes sense that Eric will outlast Russell in the sunlight and recover...though, I wouldn't be suprised if he don't see him until season 4. It would be quite the cliffhanger to keep us guessing.

August 30, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Monica

Is this season shorter? I hate that we now have to wait until next year for our next dose of True Blood. I love this show but hate the wait! I also love Eric!!!!!

August 30, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • TRONIK

Not shorter. Every season, including this one, has been 12 episodes. They sure do fly by though.

September 1, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lilly

The first season had 13 episodes, 2nd and 3rd had 12. The fourh season also will have only 12 episodes. I think since it airs once a year, it should definitely have more than 12 ep; at least 15 or 16. 12 episodes is too short!

September 3, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  47. CK

Eric is probably out of the storyline and not coming back. He was a Viking, which means he wished to die a true warriors death. Killing Russell, who is 3x his age and stronger, by any means would give him an honorable death by defeating the one responsible for killing his family. I'm sure Eric only wanted revenge and now that he's got it, was probably ready to move on to the afterlife, or Valhalla.

August 30, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Miya

Allan Ball did mention a few things about Eric's storyline in Season 4... so I think he should be back (thankfully).

August 30, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • TB Fan

i realize that the series is loosely based on the books, but Eric is such a MAJOR part of the books, I just can't see him not coming back. Something will happen to save him, I couldve have sworn on the preview that they showed Godric..

August 30, 2010 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • karin los angeles

eric (alex) was being interviewed at emmys and said he starts filming season 4 in november. you have to be crazy to think ab would let eric die. you all can't be that out of it. don't you read?

September 1, 2010 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
    • lb

yeah, if the show is holding true to any bit of the books, Eric is going nowhere. I can't wait to how they save him in the finale though. I love where his story goes in the books, so here's hoping season 4 includes the major plot in book 4.

September 1, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Zuri

I just started the books but I have been told by friends how far the storyline has deviated. Honestly, I think Sam's rant was so hot it made me want him too. Bill and Sookie..OMG kill them off already both are over-exposed and annoying. I would have to agree though, if Eric goes, I am so done with TB. He is what makes me pay for that extra premium channel. ♥

August 30, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • ggirls4ever

Bill and Sookie are the heart and soul of True Blood. Kill them are you crazy.

September 1, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristin

Yeah, I agree – you can't kill off Sookie, especially when the books are known as the "sookie stackhouse series." I agree that they are prolonging their relationship a little too long though – they were done in the books pretty quickly as I recall. Time for her to move on to someone new.

September 2, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • judynic

you will love he books. I started them shortly after True Blood's first episode. Have them all now and anxiously awaiting the next one. Much better than the series. True Blood has left out the author's humor that fills each book. A funny Sookie is much better than the angry one on True Blood.

September 7, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  49. Nightcrawler666

My only problem with the plan Eric has is that Russell is still 3x his age and has 3x the strength. What prevents him from picking Eric up and carrying out of the sunlight? Or ripping Eric's arm off? It's not like Fangtasia is in an isolated area there are other dark places he could get to hide till nighttime. This just does not seem really well thought out.

August 30, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • NK

I agree 1000 percent. It makes no sense that a pair of handcuffs could keep Russell out in the sun. He could break the cuffs, or tear Eric's arm off, or ... etcetera. Unless I'm missing something here, this makes no sense. I guess you could claim that the sunlight weakens him ... except we've seen Bill do the ultra-fast vampire sprint through sunlight in other episodes.

August 30, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Miya

Because Eric handcuffed him with silver, so they're both unable to move/semi-paralyzed. I was wondering about that too until I re-watched last night's episode and it clicked :)

August 30, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • tara

It's the silver (and sun). remember last season when eric was held down only by chains? they were not attached to anything, just laying over his hands, neck and feet..........

September 3, 2010 at 7:00 am | Report abuse |
  50. fanger

I can't believe the reviewer neglected to mention the new turn in Tara's storyline, which I have to say is the best thing to happen for her character in a long time. After a final cry about eggs she goes and confronts Andy about being a dirty dirty cop and the cover-up. She went in mad and upset, just waiting for Andy to deny it, dismiss her or what-have you, but! She was surprised at his caring and sadness and guilt, and at least got the closure that it was kinda an accident and in the end, eggs didnt fly into a murderous rage. She is finally letting go of some of her mega baggage. The next scene with Sam seemed like the Tara we know and love from Season one, at least a little, and that Tara was messed up too but at least she wasn't the whiney shell-shock cry baby of this season. Just my opinion

August 30, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kim

I totally agree. I was so much happier to see Tara getting drunk and bangin' Sam than crying and boo hoo'ing all over town. Go Tara!!

August 31, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeffery

I cringe every time Tara comes on the screen! Enough with the whining and moaning about "Eggs", for christ's sake! Also, her accent seems to fade in and out depending on the length of her monologue. If any character needs to be killed off, it is definitley Tara!

September 2, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Fan

So, where is Alcide and Debbie??? 3 episodes now and nothing. I agree that the show is all about Eric!!! He is the force that everyone wants to see, so they can't kill him off.

August 30, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Ana

Storyline gets interesting in Hot Shot if it's anything like the books which this series is loosely based on... and I really mean loosely!

I can't wait until Bill and Sookie are over and I'm clueless on what's going to happen with the other storylines as they are not in the books at all!

August 30, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • sa

Totally agree with you. I loved the books and just can't get into the series. It's too different.

August 30, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Irene

When Godric met the Sun, he said that it would not take long because he was so old. Maybl Eric will be able to outlast Russell and make it to safety.

August 30, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ann

Irene, Good thought about Godric...I hope your right. That may be Eric's saving grace. Eric needs to stay, I feel there is a lot more story line for him.

August 30, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dizz

Irene I really hope your right.

August 30, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike

could be! but Eric was out in the sun longer, so..

September 9, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  54. maelstrum

Frankly, while I don't mind the twisting of the plot from book to television in most cases, I think the changes to the Hotshot storyline were NOT for the better. I like a more focused Crystal on the tube (the book version is much less interesting), but really regret the loss of the upright and principaled patriarch of the Norris clan who was struggling to bring them forward without endangering their heritage. The meth-cooking clan is much less interesting.

August 30, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Connie

YES! I couldn't agree MORE! There have to be some characters with some moral compasses to contrast the ones without it! The tv writers are making everyone evil, stupid or both. Harris did a beautiful job with most of her characters, and while I do enjoy the show and accept changes will be made, the writers should not be compelled to change everything!

September 5, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Grogin

I'll go in order:

Lafayette story line: Dont care, bad story line to begin with.

Jason and Crystal: Agree with writer, dont care. Meth Head Panthers not exciting at all.

Sam and Idiot Brother: Sam needs to grow a pair and chew out the brother instead of his patrons. Inner turmoil storyline slow and uninteresting.

Arlene and Terry: Though they have a normal storyline, this is True Blood normal shouldnt even be in the script.

Eric and Russell: Only interesting storyline, want to actually see where this goes.
    Sookie and Bill: Mega Boring so far, could go the whole episode without seeing both of them. Storyline too wishy washy for my taste.
    /end rant

August 30, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Sharon

All I know is that if Eric dies and leaves, I'm through....He holds the heat of this show.

August 30, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • MIa

Sharon I would agree with you. If they kill off Eric I told my hubby that I will no watch the show any longer. But I seriously cant wait for the season finale, did you notice Godric's spirit towards the end of the preview??? IF not watch the preview again, not only do we see Sookie running outside with silver chains but you also see Godric. I am waiting patiently or rather impatiently for Eric and Sookie. I really really cant stand Bill. But anyway I got away from my original thought, if they kill Eric I will boycott the show even though I love it.

August 31, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristin

They cannot kill off Eric. If they go by the books, even slightly, then they have to keep Eric on since he is in pretty much every single book that's out.
      I also agree with other comments about Hot Shot. It's not a great plot for the show. It was interesting in the book but is just not doing it for me in the show. Crystal also annoys me.

September 2, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  57. toni

I hope someone runs out of Fangtasia and uncuffs Eric and cuffs Russell to a pole in the sun. Hate to see Russell go but I definitely don't want to see Eric go!
    Sad there is only 1 more episode.
    Hotshot is boring, hopefully, it's done!

August 30, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • LLL87

I'm hoping this will follow the theory behind the older the vampire is , the faster they burn, as in Godric's case from season 2. Russell is even older than Godric, so hopefully he will "evaporate" even faster and Eric can get back inside to heal

August 31, 2010 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
    • crystal burger

AGREE 110%
      russell is very very entertaining but i love SOME ERIC the VIKING VAMP!!
      hot shot is boring but Jason is sooo dingy and funny.
      jesus is bad business for la la.
      cant wait to see how eric is saved and the finale but i am sooo devastated by the 2 week wait!

August 31, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Jane Stone

If you watch the preview for the season finale you will see Sookie running out of Fangtasia with a silver chain. I would imagine that she is going to save Eric...

September 2, 2010 at 4:57 am | Report abuse |
    • SoljaGurl

You know if Eric stays of course there will be drama but he is THE strongest...Once he leaves its on. Bill should be the strongest and he has other motives with Sookie... I LOVE THIS SERIES :D

September 9, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nikk>:]

I would like to see Russel burn in the sun...but at the same time I want to think that Eric burning too..might not be so bad...he seems really untrustworthy to Sookie unlike Bill...And I hope that Sam finds some inner peace with having all those flash back.

September 10, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |