Jim Parsons sets globe a-Twitter
August 30th, 2010

Jim Parsons sets globe a-Twitter

The geek shall inherit the earth.

In fact, with his Emmy win for his role as "The Big Bang Theory's" uber-nerd Dr. Sheldon Cooper, 37-year-old Jim Parsons has set the globe a-Twitter and become a trending tweeting topic worldwide.

"Ba-zinga!" wrote Rhonda_H in Ohio, quoting Sheldon's signature catchphrase. "Love 'Big Bang Theory' and happy Jim Parsons won Emmy for playing Sheldon."

"Jim Parsons is the BEST!!!! LOVE HIM SO MUCH! :))))" said hazekua in the Phillippines.

And as tweeters from Russia to Brazil continued to buzz over the "Big Bang" actor, beckmarlow in Leeds, England, perhaps best summed up everyone's sentiments this morning, writing, "Loving the fact that Jim Parsons is still the top trending topic – see, geeks do rule the world really!"

So just how did Houston native Parsons - who admits to being a big reader of almanacs - celebrate his award for lead actor in a comedy series?

"I am the lamest old man [when it comes to celebrating]," the CBS star told reporters last night. "This gives me the energy to make it to roughly 10:30 or 11 p.m. I can rock out with some ice cream tonight."

1. afrodisiaco

I was suggested this blog through my cousin. I'm now not sure whether or not this put up is written by means of him as no one else realize such exact approximately my problem. You're incredible! Thank you!

May 24, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. michelle china

love him so muuuuuuuuch.....wish the show can last ...10 seaons

September 19, 2010 at 4:42 am | Report abuse |
  3. Boof

Bazinga!

August 31, 2010 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  4. amy rose

I am so happy that jim parsons won this uear's emmy award. I feel that this award was long overdue. Shelly is my best character on the show. He is the glue that keeps the show running. I am a nigerian and I love this show. In fact each new episode is one of the highlights of my week. I hope this Emmy Award is just the beginning for Jim and that in time the show would get recognized. I LOVE the big bang theory. To jimmy all I can say to his much deserved award is BAZINGA. Lol.

August 30, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Adrianne

I've loved Big Bang from the beginning and I'm not even in the demographic (18-49 year old)!! I was so hoping JIm Parsons would win – I'm a big fan. The writing for his character (and all of them) is spot on.

August 30, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  6. LBW

I've liked that show since the first day of it. I like the chemistry of the whole gang. I don't really have a favorite, but I am glad that he won and I hope the show sticks around a while. It makes me laugh.

August 30, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Be Quiet

He's 37? Wow! I thought he was 27 or 28. I love BBT and am very glad he won.

August 30, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. George

Not really. I have a ton of episodes saved on my DVR.

August 30, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  9. good stuff

as much as i love this show, i would have to say that Sheldon is really the best character in the show and really makes the show work.

August 30, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  10. lilgtogirl

Warner Brothers is really killing TBBT by refusing to air episodes online like almost every other show does. Your choice is to either watch when its on or wait almost a year for the DVD release. Really, WB, every other show can release episodes and DVDs 10 times faster. Get on the ball before you lose one of the best shows on TV today.

August 30, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Gail Snail

I love Big Bang Theory and hope it can survive it's programming time change. That is usually the kiss of death to a program.

August 30, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • troll killah

i think the reason they moved it to thursday nights was so they could compete with NBCs comedy night. However i dont fear for big bang as i have faith that it will cancel whatever show its up against.

August 30, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |