Kirstie Alley 'too chicken' for 'DWTS'
August 27th, 2010

Kirstie Alley 'too chicken' for 'DWTS'

She may not have had a problem flaunting her bikini body on "The Oprah Winfrey Show," but Kirstie Alley isn't about to show off her footwork on national TV. The actress has admitted that she's just too terrified to do "Dancing With the Stars."

Addressing recent reports that she'll be one of the celebrities competing on the upcoming season of ABC's hit dancing competition, Alley, 59, tweeted yesterday, "Just a rumor. Imagine that. NOT doing DWTS this season... Way too chicken!! Maybe next season if Im invited again!!!"

That's not to say Alley doesn't know her way around the dance floor. In fact, in a 2005 interview with Winfrey, 56, she revealed that - besides circuit training - dancing was a huge part of her fitness regime.

"In between each piece of equipment I dance really hard. And then I dance at the end for about 20 minutes," she said. "I do this anywhere from four to six times a week. And then I pretend like I'm Muhammad Ali at a disco."

1. Captain Ahab

Thar' she blows!!!!!!!!!

September 1, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  2. sandra.greeson

Hi Kristi Love u girl I think yr great and wounderfull and funny and beuitifull love yr show and so what if we put on a few pds. life does that the impotant thing is we dont forget who we r ..all these people r just urgly inside and out .So what does that say about them LOSER's all a bunch of spreading yr evilness like a pledges

August 29, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Name*dave

Maybe her thetan levels make her overeat. Mooooo

August 29, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. cb

She'd be a better candidate for Dance Your Ass Off

August 29, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. toni posey

How can people be so cruel i named my sixteen year old kirsti i think shes beautiful god made her the way he wanted leave her alone

August 29, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  6. TheWhaleWhisperer

I once saw Kirsty walking down the street, swerved to avoid her and ran out of gas.

August 29, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jayne

Kirsty can dance! I've seen it. I'm sure her weight is keeping her from doing DWTS. But, if she lost 30 and prepared for spring 2011 she would surprise a lot of people including herself!

August 29, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  8. shannon

Ive been lg 4 yrs due to prednisone use for very bad juvenile rhumatoid arthritis :-< Not everyone eats like pig to be fat in less than a yr i went from 110 to 225 all because of the meds im only 5 2 remember it could be u very easily

August 29, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  9. dropallbut2

These comments crack me up, thank you all for giving me a reasn to smile while on break at work. This is real entertainment!

August 29, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  10. peaceman

geez stephanie we cant all be perfect like you. geat u lost 60 lbs after trying for so long...but don't forget where u once started. and fat people can dance very well thank you!!!

August 29, 2010 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
  11. Sandra

What, is this what u waist your time worring about ?

August 29, 2010 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  12. tamiK.

Some of you people are just so mean. What would your mothers think?

August 28, 2010 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Dave Speziale

Kirsty, I always Loved you now matter what you look

August 28, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. gloria

The people in this country do not look at the beauty within there ready to distroy you and make you fell as if you are the most horriblest person in the world take a good lood at yourselfs before you judge someone because f there weight kristie is beautiful inside and outside so we should love people for who they are and not for what they look like I love you kriste god bless you.....

August 28, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jae

At least her weight isn't illegal. You all are worried about her weight, when in fact there are other major issues you need to worry about in this society. She is still beautiful! She has come to terms with her weight and even did a reality show to show everyone what she does on a daily basis. Get over yourselves talking about fat people. I bet none of y'all are the recommended weight for your height and age.

August 28, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  16. the truth

OBEY ACTS 2:38!

August 28, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Pleasure

M.ny of you on here are probably not in great shape and this is how you get your rocks off. silly twits

August 28, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Ellis

As a disclaimer, let me say that I have never like her looks or persona. Just not what I like in an actress. Also, I feel like she has cashed in on her obesity. As such, she has invited attention and a certain degree of ridicule.

But despite that, I'm shocked at how cruel some of these attacks have been. Come on, guys. Stick to the funny jokes and leave the stupid name-calling to the 8th grade bullies.

Some of the milder comments have made chuckle, though.

Have a good one!

August 28, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  19. mary

why are some of you so mean? Kirstie is a human being with feelings just like the rest of you. Be ashamed.

August 28, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  20. deb

Oh no no no–she's got it all wrong...she ATE too much chicken and now she's too PORKY to do the show....she simply got her farm animals mixed up.

August 28, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  21. biscuit

I like her

August 28, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  22. Nic

And we wonder why young girls have such a poor self image. What has the world come to when we think its acceptable to degrade anyone for anything. No wonder this world is falling apart.

August 28, 2010 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  23. Ant Chaos

HA HA HA! Although these fat jokes are amazingly hilarious, i must say that IF YOU CANT DANCE, DONT. Its totally in the dance-ible.
    Pffft. Toodles, off to make a youtube video sayin' LEAVE KIRSTIE ALOOONE!. ^-^

August 28, 2010 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
  24. frank

I think she is doing ok if she starts getting as fat as nicole matson we can use her to help nicki plow the fields

August 28, 2010 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  25. Vixen Blue

i dont get why evryone is calling her "fat" infact what is "fat" anymore? Her size is the normal size for american women these days! I hate people who have to single out everyone that looks different! Like the model Tyra Banks says "plus size is feircly real" girls you see in the media are all fake and insecure.

August 28, 2010 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  26. J

I have to wonder how many of you claim to be Christians...? Liars..

August 28, 2010 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  27. J

I have to wonder how many of you claim to be Christians...? Liars.

August 27, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Dotty Net

Glad she is trying to take care of herself. Getting older is not easy for most people.

August 27, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  29. SweetT2U

...and she'd be the only reason I would watch...hoping she would win!

August 27, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  30. SweetT2U

I would be her biggest fan...I wish I had the opportunity. I really wish she'd do it for all the big girls!

August 27, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  31. marie

I can't stand her whether shes fat or skinny!
    Who cares!

August 27, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  32. stevebobboo

Now I know why circuses and old fashioned Fairs are going out of business...the freaks have moved into the media.

August 27, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Tiny

She should've taken the challenge.She would lose a few pounds,work hard & have fun....she should do it next year

August 27, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  34. SONNY DALTON

thank you and god for the time you all have gave us i have bthought you was the prettys woman i have ever seen on or off tv jacklyn smith was the only one to come close to you i thank god for the tiome i have had with you both you are sd pretty thanks for the memorys and its not how long you are here on earthbut theway you spend then so long

August 27, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  35. tim

Sorry to say, but when you watch Kirstie walk away from you. I looks like two full grown hogs fighting in a gunny sack!!!

August 27, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  36. fan of lifetime channel

let me see your chunk, chunk, chunk, chunk, ch , ch, ch, chunk....

SUng to the tune of the 'thong song'

August 27, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  37. dmagnavill

The only place she should be dancing to is back to Weight Watchers.

August 27, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Xenu

Kristie, in the name of Scientology I forbid you from dancing. Last time you tried you nearly capsized the Scientology Sea-Org yacht.

Xenu has spoken.

August 27, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Steve

This thread is sooooo funny. Great snarks. For those taking exception, just remember she did her own really stupid reality show AND a show called Fat Actress. She gets what she earns.

August 27, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Brent

Thank God. Haven't we all suffered through enough Kirstie Alley for one lifetime? How anyone can make a career out of constant weight fluctuation is quite beyond all reason.

August 27, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  41. christy

I,ve always been a fan of kirstys and grew up with her shows. I,m not too impressed with her now because she wanted to be a role model for people losing weight. then stuffing food in her mouth after the weight lose and gained much more back.. thats sending the wrong message to people who really are trying hard to lose the weight. she needs help mentally I think.

August 27, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  42. STLrose

Despite the fact that Kirstie Alley makes a living as an actor, and as a result, is in the public eye, I don't think she is so different from the rest of us in her gender and age group. Aging and gravity are unfriendly facts of life when coupled with the well-fed and minimally active American lifestyle. Making cruel comments about her appearance, or that of anyone who struggles with medical and/or mental health issues which impact body size, is ignorant. I'll bet if most of these snarky posters looked in a mirror once in a while instead of a computer monitor they might see a reflection that could invite ridicule as well. Why can't we encourage one another with praise and compassion instead of tearing each other apart with hate and venom? Some folks can only feel better about themselves by hurting someone else.

August 27, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  43. calvin morris

How about this. While she waits for next year, we enroll her in,"dance your ass off". This way we can find out if she can dance, or not.

August 27, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  44. meggiemoo

All of you guys out there – how many of you have a six-pack ab? Or should I say a keg? This is completely uncalled for. We have a woman who is struggling with her weight, with some emotional issues, and everyone just wants to slam her for her weight. Has anyone thought to look beyond the body? She is a wonderful, carinig woman who probably is trying to cope with her "demons" so she can be the person everyone wants her to be. Or maybe that is the problem. She doesn't want to be who you want her to be.

You folks need to not throw stones if you live in glass houses.

August 27, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  45. joseph000

She's 'too chicken'? More like, pizza, ice cream and bons-bons if you ask me. I bet she wants on that show in the worst-way. But the show's medical staff wouldn't give her clearance and doesn't want to traumatize its viewers with medical emergencies.

August 27, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Thomas

If she did it, she'd get into shape and kill her career. Fat loves Kirstie and she loves fat. She gets to work at home this way.

August 27, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  47. MmmmmDonuts

no seriously, she's so fat that when she goes out in the evening wearing high heels she comes home wearing flip flops

August 27, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  48. MmmmmDonuts

She's so fat that when she gets a cut gravy pours out

August 27, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Angela

P.S. If you idiots who are bashing her can't see how pretty she is at her age right now..you really are blind if you can't get past her weight problem. She is even beautiful now..

August 27, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • joseph000

Who said she isn't pretty? I think she is attractive for a fat person. Unfortunately, she thinks a plate of ribs and coleslaw is more attractive, but everyone has their own priorities.

August 27, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Angela

I'd love to see her on the show, NOW. At least she could work to get that weight she worked so hard to get off back off again. It's never easy to keep weight off when losing it, especially when it's a lot of weight. Don't worry Kirstie..not all people are like these ones around here!

August 27, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Troy

I bet half of the people here calling her fat ride the lazy cart at walmart.

August 27, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  52. joseph000

59 years old? Which means she's really 63. She's not bad for a fat senior citizen.

August 27, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  53. donb

Fortunately Christie realizes that any hard step dance moves would cause the stage to collapse so she chose to pass on this invitation. We all thank her for not embarassing herself in front of millions of viewers.

August 27, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  54. tracy

4 years ago i weighed 280lbs, I had a heart attack, It was awful it was scary and i thank god i lived through it, but it was also the best thing that ever happened to me. I grew up a big kid, i was over wieght all of my adult life, i just thought thats the way God made me deal with it. Not true, that heart attack saved my life, i run 4 to 5 miles a day i'm in the gym 5 days a week and have dropped a 100 lbs, i just turned 50 and weigh less now than i did in high school,and my health is great. I find it hard to believe when heavy people say they are happy and proud to be fat, i believe deep down their not, if for any thing else the major health risk's involved, If Kirstie is using her wieght to stay in the public eye i hope she realizes this mistake before its to late.

August 27, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  55. MP

Too many chickens for DWTS.

August 27, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  56. John

I'd still bang her.

August 27, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  57. LB

She deosn't want to dance with a "Star". She is an ex-star.

August 27, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Sharon

You people are really cruel and do not know anything. Kirstie is one beautiful person and lady. She lost weight a few years ago with Jenny Craig and lost 75 pounds. As we get older it is hard to lose and keep the weight off. I hope she shows all you mean people that she can do it again and be on DWTS. I don't believe in the Scientology either, but people have their own choices. She is still a great actress and comedian. I will always support her.

August 27, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Arielle

@Mbq: Thank you. Someone needed to say it! I'm large myself and hate all the hurtful negative comments people are leaving. Its not only mean, but they could spend the time they use posting mean comments making sure they stay healthy.

August 27, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  60. suzanne

Gosh such shallow people.....i bet all of you are 10s and knock outs.....right lol

August 27, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Jeff in LA

I'd rarther watch the effervescent (if overweight) Kirsite Alley on DWTS than that fat, stupid Palin hustler.

August 27, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Phil

I think they should just scrap the entire DWTS concept altogether as few-to-no real stars ever appear on this show thus the definition of "star" becomes, at best, ambiguous. Let's make this more fun: put some of these vitriolic, snarky Internet-hidden protohumans on DWTS instead, then rename it: "Dancing With the Snarks!" Now THAT would be quality television!

August 27, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  63. mbq

To all you people putting her down post pics of yourself and let's see what kinda of shape your in! Grow up & get a life. Figure out why you're so effin unhappy that you have to put such childish elementary school insults on there. I'm sure 1 of your relatives or friends are on the larger side too. How would you like it if someone insulted them? If Kirstie doesn't want to be on show then that's her choice! Not your! Go get a life and grow up!

August 27, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Humble

Wow all your parents should be proud of the haters they raised. Such wasted energy hating,dissing people, get off your ass and do something productive!

August 27, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  65. tiredofcowards

All of you who posted negative, cruel statements...............you're a bunch of cowards. You think because someone is not in front of you, you can say whatever you want. If she was standing in front of you, I bet NONE of you would have the guts. Weren't you ever taught kindness...........if you have nothing nice to say, you shouldn't say it?

August 27, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Omera

Kristie is just a fat overcompesated old hag!!!

August 27, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Chris20906

Is that Kirstie or did Jabba the Hut let himself go? Actually she kept setting off car alarms when she walked. Seriously, when she sits around the house...

August 27, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Humble

Leave Kirstie Allone! She is a wonderful person.. Judge not, for thee may be judged... Great Job Kirstie! Never Give Up! You Are Wonderful!... Now. John M. Props to you for your loyalty to a friend [Jen A] John you are a very talented musician and a wonderful person!. As for judgemental people and haters most of which basically have low self esteem-hence all the disrespecting of celebrities. that is the only way to sum it up indeed. Remember the first rule going into school: If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all!

August 27, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  69. gypsarella

Yeah, we sure love to kick celebrities when we find a flaw because we're so freakin' jealous of their lifestyle it somehow makes us feel better. MOST women get heavier after they have children and/or pass 50. But most women are not in the spotlight. Kirstie is famous and wealthy, which means she has a lot more going than most of us. But one thing she should have done is shut her mouth. The fact that she keeps making appearances on Oprah and vowing to diet and get thin, give interviews, eat in public after she made those vows, create reality shows based on her losing weight, continues to draw attention to herself. There are several overweight actresses who wear it with dignity and continue acting. Nobody follows them around. Why? Because they haven't based their whole being on hating to be fat, vowing to lose weight, and making it a big deal to "catch" her. I liked her thin, I like her fat, but I cringe every time she gives an interview. I 'm more concerned about her thought process and why she thinks making whacko statements to the press is a good thing.

August 27, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  70. ken

She's in the same "star" category as Bristol Palin. Which is to say "not at all". Perhaps they can dance as a couple, could get interesting.

August 27, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • gypsarella

Know what you're talking about before you spew hate. Kirstie has many movies and TV shows in her resume'. Obviously, she's talented. She earned what she has.
      Bristol Palin did not. She was thrust in the spotlight when her mother ran for office and her baby daddy decided to turn their situation into cash. Ugh. Why bother to explain the obvious?

August 27, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  71. tracy

Hey Kirstei. Did you not see what happened to Kelly Osbourne after doing this show, all you talk about is how you want to lose wieght, your given offer to Dance and excercise and get paid to do it and you turn them down. Sounds like to me you want to stay fat so you can milk your studid reality shows on losing wieght for all its worth.

August 27, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Rolyat

I like Kirstie. But come on. If she fell on the dance floor while performing, it would be like the big Quake and California would shake.

August 27, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Ld

At least Kirstie is a likeable and personable individual. I think she would have been a fun addition to the show.

August 27, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Ballz

woot for haagen dazs – she is still cute but man was she hot back in the 80's

August 27, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Katherine

I love Kirstie – I think she's hilarious, outrageous and genuine, fat or thin. Hey Little Richard – what does a "trud" smell like, genius?

August 27, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • parkcitybrian

yep...there certainly is lots of her to love...and...love the comment to "little richard"..."trud"? say what...what a putz

August 27, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  76. parkcitybrian

omg...the snarks are the best...how does one spell leviathan (whale-like)?

August 27, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  77. parkcitybrian

sooo cruel....the budget doesnt call for the reinforcement of the stage to accommodate her heft.

August 27, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  78. joe

I think the word "chicken" in this case translates to 300lbs.

August 27, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Alek

I saw Star Trek II the other day. What the hell happened to her?

August 27, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  80. chicken

she's a scientologist. she's not permitted to dance.

August 27, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Kate

You are just cruel, bitter people. You are probably the same people who give the kid working at a grocery store a hard time when the line gets too long. Simple minded bitter people.

August 27, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Stephanie

I just don't understand why she is still fat. She does Jenny Craig, she supposedly started her own weight loss company and she doesn't work so she has ALL day to work with trainers and have chef's cook healthy meals. In 6 months I have lost and kept off almost 60 lbs. I yo-yo dieted all my life, but I said enough was enough. She is just lazy.

And she's not even funny.

August 27, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • urgonnagetfatagin

Ahhh Steph I am sad for you...have you learned nothing? When fatties lose weight, the former fattie can never ever be a critic to some other poor fat soul. If you are, then you curse yourself to become fat again. Please let us all know how much you have gained back in a year. I am betting 60lb +

August 27, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • cloe

well big deal for you stephanie ,,,kirsty happens to be a really nice person and besides someone told me you were lazy thats why it took you forever to get motavated so quit talking about kirsty she is twice the woman you will ever be.. and yes she is funny..anyone that knows what it is like to be over weight and then has the nerve to talk about someone else needs to be fat again . you will get yours and all these other mean people will too.
      wuv you kirsty
      cloe

August 27, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • NC

@ urgonnagetfatagain, LMFAOROTFL!

August 27, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Little Richard

She looks like she is sniffing a trud..

August 27, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Stephen

Mmmmm....maybe Dancing with the Galaxy would be more apropos!

August 27, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Boof

I had a chicken ceasar salad and iced tea for lunch.

August 27, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phil

Very unhealthy choices; can lead to type 2 diabetes and hypertension due to the very high carb imbalance, not to mention the tea. And you still won't be picked for DWTS to boot.. boof!

August 27, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Fat Albert

This chick is fatter than I am......mamamba!

August 27, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Al

You people sure are cruel. How would you like it if someone always pointed out your flaws?? It takes a lot of gall to be on DWTS!!

August 27, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • yaaintalldat

Hey Jack urselfoff how do you know Al is fat? maybe he is just human and has feelings.. A tip for Jack- I hear tell if you use some kind of lube when your doing that things don't get all rad and rashy.. : )

August 27, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Zoinks

It does take a lot of gall...and im guess her gall bladder is as big as a suitcase

August 27, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  88. CB

Hey, Kristie isn't heavier than a lot of people out there. America hates "fat people" but the majority of us could all stand to lose a few–being fat doesn't make you a bad person anymore than being skinny makes you a good person.

August 27, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle789

Actually, when you see a skinny person, the first thing you think is "I bet they do meth". It's more normal to look big nowadays, ya know? :)

August 27, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  89. burgh

Good for her! She doesn't need to dance on television if she doesn't want to.

August 27, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Russ

ya she's so beautiful that she had to join the evil Scientology group.. ya some beauty.

August 27, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  91. BB

Kirstie Alley is such a beautiful lady. I hope she can lose the weight she wants to lose and dance for us next season. Looking forward to it – this sounds like good motivation!

August 27, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Russ

She can't dance, that's why!

August 27, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Rastas

Too chicken? More like too FAT!

August 27, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Human Garbage Disposal

Oh, I thought it said she ate the whole chicken..

August 27, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |