Angelina Jolie ready for the director’s chair
August 25th, 2010

Angelina Jolie ready for the director’s chair

After years in front of the camera, Angelina Jolie is ready for a seat in the director’s chair.

The Oscar-winning actress will helm a love story set during the Bosnian War, focusing on the effects the turmoil has on the budding romance between a Serbian man and a Bosnian woman, according to a statement from U.K. production company GK Films.

It sounds politically charged, but Jolie has described the film as “a love story, not a political statement,” adding, “I would like to involve as many local people as I can.” Contrary to earlier reports, Jolie won't be acting in this one.

The 35-year-old actress will produce the feature film alongside another Oscar-winner, Graham King ("The Departed"), and his business partner Tim Headington. The three previously combined their talents to produce “The Tourist,” which will debut in theaters December 10.

Filed under: Angelina Jolie • Celebrities • movies

1. zazzy

bollywood movies online and free

October 10, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. sergio

pls pls pls NOT anotherrrrrrrrrrrrrrr actor who wants to feel better about themselves by not being a stupid over paid actor only...actors should be kept on min WAGE.....add nothing to this world ...

August 26, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  3. SKY

ANNE, PATIENTLY I AM ANALYZING WHY YOU SAID WHAT YOU DID, ARE YOU A ACTOR?
    ARE YOU UNDER PRESSURE, FEARFUL, OR IS THERE SOME EXTERNAL OR INTERNAL PROBLEM?
    EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO EXPRESS THEIR VIEWS. SAY I DID STAND IN FRONT OF A MOVING
    TRUCK AND DID GET HIT.......THE POLICE REPORT WOULD SAY, CAUSE OF DEATH
    "HIT BY A TRUCK" (FACT) BP AN AJ CAN BE BLAMED FOR ALL THE UNHAPPINESS AND FAIL
    RELATIONSHIP JEN IS EXPERIENCING . BP AN AJ WAS THE TRUCK THAT HIT JEN, EXCEPT
    SHE DID NOT DIE, SHE LIVED AND IS MAKING THE BEST OF HER SITUATION.

August 26, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. anne

A mentally ill people like SKY and other Aniston lovers, all of you need to stand in front of moving truck and die fast! you people are disgusting!

August 26, 2010 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  5. SKY

BP WAS AT PEACE WHEN HE WAS WITH JEN , "FAMILY MAN" GIVE ME A BREAK", WHO ARE THEY
    FOOLING, THE NANNY TAKES CARE OF ALL THOSE KIDS. DIRECTING A MOVIE ALLOWS HER TO RUN AWAY TO
    BE WITH ACTORS, THE MAKE BELIEVE THINGS, YOU KNOW....ANGELINA HAS TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE, IT IS TOO CONFINED...SHE HAS
    HERSELF IN A WEB...AND POOR BP TOO BUSY DRINK BEERS TRYING TO DROWN HIMSELF IN SELF PITY FOR GIVING
    UP, YES HIS SOULMATE. SOMETIMES YOU HAVE ONE CHANCE TO FIND TRUE LOVE. MANY ACTORS BLOW IT
    CAUSE THEY LIVE IN THAT MAKE BELIEVE DREAM WORLD. BP, PRACTICES THAT ARE INCONSISTENT WITH VALUE
    HAVE NO VALUE. AND YES CHUCK I HAVE LOOKED INTO BP EYES, AND HE LOOKS LIKE HE'S CRYING FOR HELP.

August 26, 2010 at 3:27 am | Report abuse |
  6. Kara

Angelina is amazing....professionally, and personally, she really inspires me. All the negative people who have commented on this thread are VERY wrong, because they are either judging Angelina for something they have no FACTUAL knowledge about, or bringing up things that happend over 5 or 10 years ago. You are living in the past. As for those who criticize Angelina's acting, someone who is a bad actress would not have and OSCAR, TWO Screen Actors Guild Awards and THREE GOLDEN GLOBES! She's also had yet ANOTHER Oscar nomination for CHANGELING and she SHOULD have gotten one for A MIGHTY HEART, but politics in Hollywood sank her nomination. You HATERS cannot bring Angelina down....she's unstoppable.

August 26, 2010 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  7. sky

Angelina Jolie, in the director chair, honey this new job will not feel the void you have. It is like being in a bottomless pit, stealing a man who was so in love with his soul mate. BP had a good normal trustful women and he did not appreciate that. (his Lost) So now he is a relationship where there is no trust .Angelina Jolie I see your smile, but in your eyes, I also see the damage you have done to so many people. SO ANGELINA JOLIE IN THE DIRECTOR CHAIR DIRECTING A LOVE STORY, WITH ACTORS , YOU MIGHT GET A AWARD!

August 25, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chuck

You know, sky, I wonder if you ever really looked into Brad Pitt's eyes and checked to see if he thought he was with his soulmate while he was with Jen Anniston? I remember when they married and she didn't invite her mother "because her mother sold her out" in an interview, and it seemed very obvious BP wasn't happy about that choice, since he is such a family man himself. He had such a "dead" look in his eyes so much of the time he was with Jen and since he's been with Angie, he seems so happy. I don't happen to think he left Jen for Angie; I think he left Jen, then took up with Angie, but AJ haters are never going to get over it unless poor Jen can finally find a boyfriend that doesn't dump her. Sorry, not likely soon.......

August 25, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Pamela B

It's always a good thing when we branch out and try to develop a new talent. Good for her. I wish her well with her new endeavor!

August 25, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • mary

I agree Pamela
      knowing that she will consider locals for some of the parts its a good thing.

August 25, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mary

Please Angie can act her ass off. She was great in Salt and I am sure she will be great directing. She just has it. Contrary to Jen she does not have it. Jen has to get over the fact that Brad went on with his life and so she should do the same thing. Nobody feels sorry for her anymore. Its part of the game. The bottom line is no matter what anybody thinks about Angelina she will always be a better actress than Jen. Jennifer Aniston and Jennifer Lopez are in the same bracket when it comes to acting.

August 25, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Lulabelle

I'll take Jennifer anytime. Maybe not an excellent actress, but very sincere and real. Angelina just turns it on and off as needed – don't believe I have ever watched one of her movies, nor do I intend to. And then there's Brad...well that's another post...

August 25, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  11. whatnext

I can hardly wait.

August 25, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Dyson

when i read the headline i thought thank goodness! i tried to like her and think she was a good actress. sitting down to see salt i said to my girlfriend i hope she does a good job. she just is not good. almost all of her movies are horrible. hopefully she was just meant to be on the other side of the camera.

August 25, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  13. JKMuir

She is completely UNINTERESTING. I would never pay a cent to watch one of her movies. On the other hand I would watch a Jen Aniston movie- and pay to watch it. As a woman not someone that I would want a daughter of mine looking up to.

August 25, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • marky

I would rather watch a movie with Angelina in it any day than dull, boring, listless, one-note Jennifer Anniston! Wow, talk about boring! And yes, I have daughters to take to the movie with me. I want them to see someone who cares about the other people in the world; who spends her money on those people and speaks up for those people on a daily basis instead of always talking about her clothes and her looks and being a "retard", (a word I hate!) Sorry, as an adoptive mom myself, I watch as she pays a lot of attention to her children and gives them lots of individual care and love–taking them with her almost everywhere she goes. I think Angie has lots of acting talent and I love her movies!

August 25, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. linda

That is wonderful news she is a great actress and woman and I wish her all the best regardless of what she decided to do.Go For it.
    She outlast Jen the flop flop flop flop.

August 25, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Glo

What's wrong with Angelina wanting to direct ? there are alot of women in the industry that direct. I think she would be great at it. More power to her. Women are capable you know. And if they can do it all then why the hell not ?

August 25, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  16. WombRaider

I would like to direct something her way.

August 25, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Bobbie

This is unbelievable! I believe the saying is...it's not what you know, it's who you bl.w! However, it might be a good thing. At least we won't have to watch her 'ACT' anymore! Going to miss those ta-tas though!

August 25, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Denizen Kate

My goodness, so many mean and hateful comments. Why not wait to see the result of her efforts before passing judgement? Personally, i would like to see more films by women directors.

August 25, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  19. karo55

Any excuse for her to get away from her kiddies. Just wait until they are all teens...

August 25, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • skylar2

all except for one or two kids were adopted, she didn't have to have them so why would she be sick of them
      You should do as much good for the orphaned as she has dummy

August 25, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Daniel Troppy

She could be a very good director...

August 25, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  21. xaoyuyu

It seems to be a director is a very easy thing in the film industry. Didn't you see many famous stars were doing that?

August 25, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  22. teresa

Maybe since her partner and his ex wife started a film industry together and Angie feeling a little bit jealous of their friendship dealing with the production company in progress today.

August 25, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  23. CATom

You guys are just jealous because ladya gaga is smart and beautiful and you are 400lbs and welded to your couch.

August 25, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • MD

Jolie is VERY, VERY overrated. I think she likes the spotlight too much to be behind the camera. She definitely does not have any acting talent. Again, OVERRATED!

August 25, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shirley

Well I don't know 'bout all you haters that have nothing good or clever to say about anyone. I really have liked most of her movies, and she does many of her own stunts. She also tries to help so many people that simply do not have a voice that will be listened to in this world, and if not for her getting involved in the cause no one would ever hear about how they suffer, or how much help is needed both here in the US and other countries. Also actors tend to make great directors simply because they understand movies. Get off the negative, there is too much of it out there already.

August 25, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • kh

As far as her work with UNICEF. Audrey Hepburn helped long before Angelina and certainly brought more dignity and less drama in her life on her missions to help children.

August 25, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • kh

The above message was a remark to Shirley.

August 25, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jangocat

Haha she can't even act, she gets by on looks alone. Just goes to show it's not what you know it's who you know.

August 25, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Bull

Sounds like nothing but a take from the "Fiddler onThe Roof". One can only hope her directing is much better than her acting.

August 25, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |