The 'Dead' get ready to walk on AMC
August 24th, 2010

The 'Dead' get ready to walk on AMC

AMC has released the gripping trailer for the network's highly anticipated series, “The Walking Dead,” and it's got us counting down the days to the show's Halloween premiere.

Those of you who were lucky enough to attend Comic-Con have already born witness to the expected awesomeness of this show, but for everyone else, "The Walking Dead" is AMC's latest creation, based on the comics crafted by Robert Kirkman. "The Green Mile" and “Shawshank Redemption” director Frank Darabont is sitting at the helm of this grisly, hour-long series.

The trailer opens with a pair of ominous birds, and then the backstory unfolds of how police officer Rick Grimes, played by Andrew Lincoln, finds himself living among the dead. We won’t spoil the entire trailer for you, but we will say this: the tension is rife within the four and a half minutes AMC provides.

Sit back and enjoy over at AMCTV.com. Did the trailer give you chills? The first episode - which will be 90 minutes instead of 60, as are the rest of the season's episodes - will debut at 10 p.m. on October 31.

Filed under: television • The Walking Dead

1. Jason

Read the comic !!

August 26, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Niki

I have always been a fan of Halloween, and now I have extra reasons to be excited!!! A zombie series, may I say it's about time, the trailer looks absolutely incredible!!!! I have a feeling this show is going to be amazing!!!!

August 25, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mark

Nice use of the Walker Brothers "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine". Made my day!

August 25, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. RS

I've not seen the trailer yet, but just from reading the plot line, it sounds interesting. Zombies creep me out, but it doesn't mean I won't tune in to check it out. The scarier the show/movie, the more interested I am in it. Just the adrenalin rush you get after having been scared, is fun. Nice to see AMC is broadening their horizons with shows. Good to see that they're trying to appeal to pretty much all genres. They've already got two dramas under their belts with Mad Men and Breaking Bad. So to go the horror route is a nice touch. Can't wait.

August 25, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Gary

Looks a lot like 28 days later with more of a plot. Looking forward to it.

August 25, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  6. gideon

Well is like something great is going to heppen

August 25, 2010 at 3:21 am | Report abuse |
  7. LadyB

OMG – Love it!!! Cant wait for this one to get here!

August 24, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  8. good stuff

I still wish the would make an Invincible tv show.

August 24, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Raul R

CANT WAIT!!! KIRKMANIA IS HERE!!!

August 24, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • James

Since neither the Green Mile, nor Shawshank, were "grisly", I don't have much faith in the show.

August 25, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |