'Piranha 3D' sequel in the works
August 24th, 2010

'Piranha 3D' sequel in the works

It didn’t exactly take a huge bite out of the box office – “The Expendables” still reigned with moviegoers - but “Piranha 3D” already has a sequel in the works.

“We are thrilled that audiences are not just loving ‘Piranha 3D,’ but cheering for it,” producer Mark Canton said in a statement. “And it’s fantastic that so many critics are really getting the movie and recommending it. We can’t wait to get to work on the sequel.”

Although it may not seem like the kind of fare critics would go gaga over, they did, reveling in the fake-blood and severed limbs and describing the movie as "bloody entertaining" and “top notch.”

The movie is also sitting at a cool 82 percent fresh on RottenTomatoes.com, which could be because viewers knew exactly what to expect when they walked into theaters.

If you did settle in for the gory good time, let us know what you thought of the movie - is it deserving of a second round?

Filed under: Casting Chronicles • movies

1. istarant

phew

G

November 15, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ergh

urgh!

bollywood movies online and free

October 10, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Odalice Feliz

scary fish....

August 24, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. erricka

I guess i wont waste the time or money

August 24, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Phoenix D

I conviced all my buddies to go watch it because I read about the scene with Jerry O'connells you know what... gotta love the gays for enjoying gratuitous violence. I also managed to convince a buddy of mine not to watch the Expendables. He said if he didn't like Piranha 3D I would have to pay for The Expendables and watch it twice... Needless to say, I owe him nothing because he had a blast.
    They had no idea there was going to be so many breasts bouncing around on screen, but that didn't stop a group of gay men (and I repeat that because I'm fairly certain that only on of them have been with a woman, and the rest find the thought a little scary lol) from having a gay ol' time at Piranha 3D

August 24, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Brenton Reeder

Fantastic.... boobs aside. I am a gay man and I had a blast

August 24, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. The L

Too many boobs?!!? That's like saying: "too much chocolate" (and, of course you're NOT diabetic in this situation). I knew what to expect when I walked in. I remember the piranah movies from my youth and I got what I was expecting and more!!! LOVED it!!! My wife LOVED it!!! I hope we do get a sequel with as many boobs, as much gore and as much FUN in general!!! I feel genuinely bad for folks that are incapable for finding any fun in this film.

August 24, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • MT

I completely agree. Great entertainment and lots of fun. Bring on blood, boobs, and gore!

August 24, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Trinka

I am an old gal, and the last time I saw a movie in 3D, was in the 50's. I like to be scared and this movie got my heart racing in a few scenes. But I agree, too many boobs and blood. Loved the cameo appearance by Richard Dryfuss!

August 24, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. sunshine

UH.. this movie was nothing but BBG – BOOBS, BLOOD and GORE.. what is the sequel going to be like BBG squared!!

August 24, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |