Celebrities to take a stand against cancer
August 19th, 2010

Celebrities to take a stand against cancer

The stars are coming out again for yet another worthy cause.

A group of actors, musicians, athletes and other celebs will be participating in “Stand Up To Cancer” on September 10. The event is aimed at raising money to accelerate innovative cancer research and will be simulcast live and commercial-free on ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, Bio, Discovery Health, E!, G4, HBO, HBO Latino, MLB Network, mun2, Showtime, Smithsonian Channel, The Style Network, TV One and VH1.

Reese Witherspoon, Sofia Vergara, Christina Applegate, Michael C. Hall, Jim Parsons, Gabrielle Union, Seth MacFarlane, David Boreanaz, Mandy Moore and Dr. Mehmet Oz are just a few of the celebs confirmed to appear.

“We are eternally grateful for the remarkable support we’ve received from the entire entertainment community. We couldn’t do this without everyone’s help – from the networks and cable channels donating the airtime to our celebrity volunteers participating in the show and a lot of other people in between,” said Sherry Lansing, one of the co-founders of “Stand Up To Cancer.”

There will be live performances from recording artists and information presented by stars meant to educate viewers on cancer and cancer research. The show is set to air at 8 p.m. ET and PT, and 7 p.m. CT.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Increase your social presence easy & fast for FREE!

Wonderful points altogether, you simply gained a emblem new reader. What would you suggest in regards to your publish that you simply made some days ago? Any certain?

September 11, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dr_RWM

Here's another way to 'stand up to cancer': check out The Cancer Cure Experiment at http://www.TheCancerCureExperiment.com.

September 7, 2010 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  3. laura

P.S. Always keep HOPE ALIVE !!!!

August 19, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. laura

My father died of lung cancer due to aspestos exposure in NYC basement buildings...a long suffering illness inwhich there was no hope. To all men & women & children who have cancer peace & blessings. I hope this will be a good fund raiser.

August 19, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Lin

I'm sorry MissYouDad. my docter says that I have a 70 percent more chance of cancer cause of some rare disease. I am frightened and scared that I might get this rare Cancer!

August 19, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. MissYouDad

I just hope some of that goes to Pancreatic Cancer research, one of the most painful and aweful cancers you could live with and yet there is nothing really being done about it. I understand breast cancer is aweful and it is spreading like wildfire but I'm sick of every penny going to only that research.

I have been affected from both cancers in my family so I'm not saying that either is worse then the other but there is no early detection for pancreatic cancer like there is for breast cancer. RIP-JRH (Pancreatic Cancer Victim)

August 19, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. taylynn21

May the research continue and a cure be found that we all may be able to love forever !!!!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkGjjVeN-pc&w=640&h=390]