Fantasia gets back to work
August 17th, 2010

Fantasia gets back to work

It's only been a week since Fantasia Barrino landed in the hospital after overdosing on aspirin and sleep aids, but the “American Idol” winner has announced that she’s ready to get back to work.

The 26-year-old singer is planning to plow ahead with her press tour, including a performance at “Good Morning America” on August 24 to promote her new album, “Back to Me.”

"I can't thank my fans enough for their prayers and support during such a challenging time,” Barrino said in a statement Monday, according to Us Weekly.

“It has given me the motivation to get back to work and honor the commitments I made to promote ‘Back to Me,’”she went on. “I put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this album and I pray that everyone enjoys it as much as I do."

Barrino was hospitalized in Charlotte, North Carolina on August 9, and was released two days later.

“Fantasia is a fighter and a survivor. This is not the hardest thing Fantasia has endured,” Barrino’s manager said in a statement following her hospitalization. “Fantasia will be stronger, smarter, and better for it. Her work has always inspired her and served as a source of strength.”

As Barrino's manager noted in the statement, “Her new album, ‘Back To Me,’ will be released on August 24.”

Filed under: Celebrities

1. SKY

TRUTH: FANTASIA I BLAME THE CHURCH AND YOUR FAMILY. THEY ARE LEECHES THAT DO NOT GET SATISFIED. THEY HAVE USED GOD, AS A WEAPON TO CONTROL HER. AND HAVE ALLOWED HER TO BELIEVE, ITS OK TO LIVE AS A FORNICATOR OR IN ADULTERY.....SHE NEEDS TO PUT HER FAMILY & THE CHURCH OUT OF HER LIFE AND
    GET PROFESSIONAL HELP.

September 1, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. madam dane

I have theeee song foryou.I promise u thisis the 1

August 20, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Just me

Everybody needs to get a life. It's not the first time somebody get caught up in mess. Why you're still talking about what she did, she's gonna be getting paid. Now that's funny......

August 18, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Tom

CNN HEADLINE NEWS wants to know if Fantasia's career is over because she (slept with a married man). You know like every woman in the world has probably done, especially in HOLLYWOOD huh?.

August 18, 2010 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  5. Diana

I hope this isn't the case, but from what I understand her album is supposed to drop next week and that when she got out of the hospital, she went right back to dude that duped her in the first place. Like I said, I hope this isn't the case. Would lose a lot of respect for her if it were true.

August 17, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. TRUTH1010

@sickofyall400's. YOU MUST BE ANOTHER TYPICAL BLACK ON WELFARE. PROBLEM IS THESE DAYS, IT'S NOT A STIGMA ANYMORE BECAUSE EVERYBODY IS LOOKING FOR A HANDOUT. THE COUNTRY IS ALREADY BROKE, JUST DOESN'T KNOW IT YET.

August 17, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Noni

You are definately not the "Truth". You're more like ignorant...statistics show that the #1 recipent of welfare are white women.

August 18, 2010 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  7. Duane

be "her" #1... I meant.

August 17, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Duane

Shouldn't getting counseling be here #1 priority right now? Stop everything and take care of herself inside before getting on TV to show people her face. Can't run from your problems.

August 17, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  9. IF ONLY

If only we all could live up to the potential inside of us. If only we used our natural gifts to serve others instead of ourselves. I hear and see SO MUCH potiential inside of her. But she's a caged bird and can't find her way free. We all have that problem.

August 17, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • sumonecommon

Put the pipe down, step away from the pipe!

August 17, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stefanie

A caged bird? What are you babbling about? Many of us are doing great things with our lives. Who the crap are you to assume anything about people? She OD'd on aspirin if its in any indication whats going on upstairs.

August 17, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. stevie68a

Will somebody please tell Fantasia to watch for the moochers she calls "family". It is one thing to help your family, it is quite
    another to have them live off of you forever...... Success does not last forever, and these people will be the ruination of you.
    Sadly, people are trained to think of success as everything, but what is more destructive, success or failure?
    The answer is success. Be happy wherever you are.

August 17, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jennnnnnn

girl stay strong... dont let hollywood destroy you or make u forget what u work really hard for. keep your head up ma.. u got family and true fans who love you and are inspired by ur struggle!

August 17, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  12. sumonecommon

She looks like a bulldog eating a jar of mayonnaise!

August 17, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

Are you sure you're not looking in the mirror?

August 18, 2010 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
    • NoWrinkles

So, what do you look like? A wrinkle up skinless CAT? No wrinkles will appear on this face until the seasoned age of at least 70-79. Take a look at yourself and you will judge others differently. As a matter of fact, I don't have any wrinkles. How about you?

August 18, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. TRUTH1010

SHE'S A SICKO. NO CLASS, NO MORALS, JUST A TYPICAL WELFARE BLACK WHO GOT LUCKY. GET HER OFF YOUR FRONT PAGE, CNN.

August 17, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth1011

Awww, "WELFARE BLACKS" : The invention of SCARED WHITE AMERICANS.

August 17, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • sickofyall400's

TRUTH1010 you are nothing but a liar, she's not on welfare, you are just mad because YOU ARE LOSER...And the rest of you haters....pick up your face because she will bounce back...

August 17, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • 2 SIDES 2 EVERY STORY

AWW YOU SHOWED US HOW IGNORANT YOU ARE. BY THE WAY BLACKS ARE NOT THE ONLY PEOPLE ON WELFARE. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

August 17, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • JH

so true... I live in Charlotte NC and when she, supposbily, overdose on asprin LOL, she got all face time she needed to promote her next project. She has no talent as a singer, but if she can keep trying the overdose thing, maybe she can be an actress.

August 17, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really

What does Welfare have to do with this? Apparently you got something against african americans.... Get a life and get over it. We are no longer in the 50's. Truth1010 = Clown

August 17, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Shocked

That so many of you are rude.

August 17, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Shocked

Oh yeah, well your twice as ugly as Fanmantasia, your feet stink and your mother is making me coffee right now after a wild night.

August 17, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • sumonecommon

That's what happens when you look like her, she looks like she could demolish a small forest and eat the ass out of a rhino!

August 17, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Pudney

Wow, The negative comments that are being made proves that there are really heartless people in this world. I hope you pick yourself up and keep going. Good Luck

August 17, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hector Rules NJ

Yeah, lets feel bad for the homereacker who got herself into this mess in the first place. Please, she should know first hand how it feels to be cheated on (remember all the drama surrounding her when she first came out). She knew better (especially after rubbing the wife's nose in it) and bit off more than she could chew. I dont have any sympathy for her especially since she's already back to work when she should have gone to a therapist or psychiatrist first...whiich leads me to believe this was all a publicity stunt because of her new album.

August 18, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Thomas

I hope her publicity stunt works out well for her. Evidently she put a lot of thought into it.

August 17, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  17. tony

She's got a face like a catchers mitt!!!!

August 17, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Beauty is only skin deep

What does your face look like? Talk about the man or woman in the MIRROR, yourself.

August 18, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Shatayviasha

I love Fantasia and i'm glad she is getting back to work everyone makes mistakes people.

August 17, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  19. portalpunk

Fantasia looks like Man-tasia, anyone missing a Y chromosome?

August 17, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Hope

Be strong Fantasia.. I still love you

August 17, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Hector Rules NJ

It may not have been an intended publicity stunt but it turned out to be and in her favor to boot. I like some of her music, not all (not a fan of the nasal sound) but she is a homewrecker who deserves everything she gets. How do you call the current wife of your boy-toy (who is obviously using you) and tell her that next time she get's married maybe she'll know how to keep a man and not expect karma to rear its head? She acted ugly and it's just starting to come back to her.

August 17, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • 2 SIDES 2 EVERY STORY

DID YOU HEAR HER SAY THAT? OR DO YOU JUST THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING. BE CAREFUL WHAT
      YOU SPEAK OVER SOMEONE'S LIFE BECAUSE YOU MAY BE BLOCKING YOUR OWN BLESSING. PERHAPS YOU NEED TO WATCH WHAT'S COMING BACK TO YOU.

August 17, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • JC-VA

To 2 SIDES 2 EVERY STORY : You need to learn to get the CAPS LETTERS OFF... and FYI that was all over the news....

August 17, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hector Rules NJ

2 SIDES, please relax I never said anything about a blessing, or blocking one; you seem like a fool who is an ignorant fan who doesn't really know what they're defending. I read up on everything that I make a comment on so that I dont sound like a jerk, you should do the same. Her voicemail to the wife was widely publicized and was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. She is not the victim here, she caused a lot of pain to another human being and karma always has the last word.

August 17, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  22. cocoman

who really cares.

August 17, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Gregg

I thought Fantasia was a Disney movie?

August 17, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  24. doggybone

any truth to the rumor that she is the new spokesperson for Bayer?

August 17, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  25. Shaquille O'Neill

Oh man, how did this picture of me in drag get on the Internets?!?

August 17, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  26. no_no

I love this quote,...“Fantasia is a fighter and a survivor...,” .... sobering up from a drug binge does not make you a fighter, it makes you a sober loser,.... at least until her next line....lol.

August 17, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  27. Nicole

keep your head up glad u over came this little stubble in the road u have a long road ahead so keep ur head up

August 17, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  28. Matt

This is pretty dark and jaded, but it seems trying to kill herself was a great career move for her. I'd never heard of her before these recent headlines and her line of work is even more dependent on name recognition than politics.

August 17, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • MadCityBabe

I agree – these "so called" celebrities have people, who have people, who have people who are experts in calculated inventive crap for all of us to reap! My god, close that hole.......hehehehe hers and mine

August 17, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Kim

Fantasia...wow, you can't drink that pretty. This married guy was hot too.

August 17, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  30. Michele

So...is she dumping her MARRIED "boyfriend" that she snaked from his...WIFE?

August 17, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Debsays1

Why do you blame Fantasia for the guy being married? Has anyone ever told you a lie that you believed? He lied to her, his wife is suing her, I wouldn't be surprised if the husband and wife had this worked out ahead of time to legally scam her out of money. Don't listen to the a–holes that blame you Fantasia they're just jealous.

August 17, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Betty

I agree.. It is not her fault that the man was married..
      I agree they are just trying to get money.. There is nothing that can happy correctly for her.. She is just stuck in a bad situation. Watch the husband and Wife never get divorced becuase they are suing her... Money hungry people

August 17, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  31. mike

She's a crazy freak, not sure how she won AI, but I knew she was a train wreck from the begining. Look at her, she snorted to many lines of ugly as a child.

August 17, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Arlene

You are a sad and disgraceful human being..........who are you to judge! Maybe you should just take a moment and than God that you are not in her situation and at the same time realize that no one is perfect and you never know what your situation may end up being so stop judging! This is sad.

August 17, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jacque

@Arlene, U r so right! This is what's wrong with the world we live in 2day. Every1 qick to judge another without taking a good look in the mirror...He who is without sin cast the 1st stone!!!!!!!

August 17, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • JC-VA

I bet you are uglier than rat, therefore your comments... You are just celoso she is making money and you ain't.. and no I don't like her music, but that doesn't give me the right to critic her or anyone...

"Never say Never" Karma is a beauty...

August 17, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • What's In Your Wallet?

Hey! What's in your Wallet? A prepaid debit Card? Not any money like Fantasia has.

August 18, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  32. DJem

I guess even BK has standards.

August 17, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  33. Wendy

Great to hear Fantaisa is back to work! Ii'm hoping to hear more music from you! Keep fighting!

August 17, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  34. Mort Kemnon

Wow – worst picture of her ive seen – I was hoping to get a little of that crazy hot chocolate too

August 17, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  35. Aaron

I thought you were gonna tell us she works at Burger King.

August 17, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |