Baked goods and backstabbing on 'Bachelor Pad'
August 17th, 2010

Baked goods and backstabbing on 'Bachelor Pad'

Last night's edition of "Bachelor Pad" began where last week's premiere ended, moments after the eliminations of Juan and Michelle.  We then moved on to the next morning, where the 17 contestants realized they needed to get out of bed because there's a competition coming up.

As everyone got ready for the competition, we learned that the house had broken up into two factions - the "Insiders" (those who frequently attend "Bachelor" reunions and the like) and the "Outsiders" (those who don't). Apparently these are the best names they could come up with.

This week's competition was an old-fashioned pie eating contest, with the winners from each gender safe from elimination. One female contestant, Krisily, promptly pulled out of the competition, noting that she can't digest fat due to her not having a gall bladder. Co-host Chris Harrison, seemingly confused at all the medical mumbo-jumbo thrown at him, allowed her to drop out.

I'll save you the specifics on the competition - if you saw the pie eating contest in the film "Stand By Me," you can probably guess what occurred. In the end, Gia and "Weatherman" (Jonathan from Ali Fedotowsky's season) came out on top.

Weatherman invited Gwen (who lists her age as "??" - I thought this show was an open book?), Peyton and Ashley to his date, which involved rolling around in paint. Weatherman gave Gwen the rose, as they apparently have lots in common - including playing tennis, traveling to Italy, and extending whatever fame they have left.

Gia chose Wes, Craig M. and Jesse B. for a night of fun at what appears to be a Moroccan-themed restaurant built in 10 minutes on somebody's front lawn. Nothing says romance like the sounds of city buses struggling to get into gear.

Right off the bat, Gia told Craig M. that he'd get the rose, as he was part of a plan to give the Outsiders the edge on the show. All seemed to be right with the world, until Gia hung out with Wes.

You guys remember Wes, don't you? He was the wannabe country crooner who may or may not have had a girlfriend during the Jillian Harris season of "The Bachelorette." Wes is a known charmer, and he used that charm to flirt away with Gia. The charm seemed to work, as Gia opted to give Wes the rose.

At the rose ceremony, the Outsider girls believed they had the votes to eliminate one of the Insiders, Kiptyn. But Nikki, who earlier pledged to stay loyal with the Outsiders when it came to voting, cast the deciding vote against Craig M. Gia then expressed regret about her rose surprise.

Joining Craig M. in departing the show last night was Jessie S., the woman who exposed Justin the wrestler during Ali's "Bachelorette" season.

Next week, Wes brings out the guitar.

What did you think of last night's "Bachelor Pad" episode?

1. marquee.blogs.cnn.com

Baked goods and backstabbing on bachelor pad.. Awesome :)

April 20, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Tracey

I'm sure this show is the harbinger of the apocalypse, but damnation it's fun! so many pretty boys to watch LOL like jesse in that pic, woah dude is hot ;) Don't like it??? yay you get to exercise your right to choice and turn it offffff!!! PS Could NOT hate elizabeth more!

August 24, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Layla

This is like Big Brother...but more drama!!!

August 23, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. DOCTOR.BAKHTIAREPS

MUST MAKE:BAKHTIAREPS UNIVERSITAS PROFESIONAL(BUP)/ IN P.SIANTAR CITY KODYA TOWN INDONESIA/Baht60.

August 18, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. faye white

I cant believe Gia...she gave Craig M her "my word is my bond" speech and she betrayed him! I don't have any and I mean ANY respect for her! AND how can she even question Nikki's actions? Amazing she can even form her lips for the question!

Well, you can see I'm all involved....nothing else on tv!

August 17, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  6. astu

This is the most trash show I ever seen. I disrespect Gia at this show. I thought she was nice and classy but my guess was so wrong. She looked tashy to me.

August 17, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Oshkosh chick

For those of you that are so critical of this show – why are you watching? Find something else to watch or do something else. It is stupid but it is entertaining to watch.

August 17, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Texas Mom

Okay I dont' know how I feel about the show quit yet. I do think that Gia made a mistake in not giving Craig M. a rose. I really thought there plan could have worked. Oh well I guess she was gullable just like everyone else who thinks that Wes is the greatest guy when we all know he is a snake.

August 17, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. joybellone

I'll admit that this show is trash, but it is enjoyable trash. It's just good fun! I don't always like to watch a tv show that makes me think. I have to think all day at work. I sometimes like to just relax and enjoy some mindless television. I have a feeling that there will be at least one more season of Bachelor Pad if not more.

August 17, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sandy

While I enjoy the Bachelor and the Bachelorette, I just don't get this show. In fact, I don't even understand it. And some of these earlier contestants - this Nikki and Krissilly - are just plain annoying. How the teams, the contests and the coupling all come together is something that requires a prep course for the viewer.

August 17, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Rae

I watched for 3 minutes and that was enough.

August 17, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. lolly

Gallbadder removed mean she can NOW eat fat. When you have a bad gallbladder you cannot digest fat and it hurts like heck. What a lame excuse. You do not NEED a gallbladder.

August 17, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steph

The gallbladder comment......You obviously don't know anything about it. You cannot digest fat at all. Your gallbladder produces bile that breaks down the fat. I had my gallbladder removed and I cannot eat fatty foods at all. It is immediate diahrrea! Thanks. If you don't know, don't say anything. I would have bowed out as well.

August 19, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  13. debbie

Doubt this show will get renewed. But, what can I say, there's NOTHING else on, so I'm watching it.

August 17, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. El

Bring back Jerry Springer. This show is garbage. A new low for ABC. What a waste of money, I am sure it could be better spend that this garbage and the desperate people who want their 15 minutes no matter how.

August 17, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Samantha

this show takes stupid to an entirely different level. question I have, does the weatherman think in his own mind that he is the least bit attractive?

August 17, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |