Dina Lohan: Lindsay's doing wonderfully
August 13th, 2010

Dina Lohan: Lindsay's doing wonderfully

There was a very special segment on the “Today” show this morning, as Lindsay Lohan’s mother, Dina, decided to sit down with Matt Lauer to discuss – what else - her 24-year-old daughter Lindsay, who’s gone from a brief jail sentence to court-ordered rehab.

Mama Lohan didn’t necessarily “reveal” much of anything, other than a tendency to be severely redundant.

Things that will be seared into your memory, should you choose to watch the interview: Her son Michael is 22 and graduated summa cum laude from Ithaca; Lindsay isn’t her only child, she has four of them; she has a “criminal stay away” against her ex-husband Michael; and the judge on Lindsay’s case has been removed. (Oh, by the way: Mama Lohan thinks the judge played hardball with her daughter.)

Aside from those clearly pertinent facts, she also elaborated a bit on what life was like for Lindsay in jail. “Lindsay was in with alleged murderers, and she’s become friends with a lot of them. Lindsay’s rolled with the punches and she’s doing wonderfully," she told Lauer.

But when the "Today" host countered with the idea that some believe Lindsay got what was coming to her, Lohan said that's because they've been reading too many tabloids.

“I think that’s all propaganda," the 47-year-old mom said. "As you know, you’re in the business of entertainment, and I think a lot of it is pre-orchestrated and you’re reading things that are not based on facts."

Lindsay's life is magnified, Mama Lohan went on, and that's the reason people think she's worse off than she is. “I raise[d] my children to be normal and... they go out, and Lindsay doesn’t realize she does have people watching her and she does have a lot of media surrounding her. Tabloids are daily and they follow these kids and it’s not fair. In the old days, Julia Roberts and those girls didn’t have them following them and their relationships...With the Internet and everything else it’s become so much more profound that they can’t really live.”

“You can tell your children whatever you want to tell them, but they’re going to do what they’re going to do when they turn 18, 19. You kind of lose a little power and control, which you want to do for your child, you want to let them go. Without failure there’s no success, I’m sure you’ve lived that yourself,” she told Lauer. “We’ve all gone to college. My son graduated summa cum laude, he’s 22, from Ithaca. It’s a whole ‘nother world when you’re allowed to live your life and experience things with failure and success and come through it. Lindsay’s already through it.”

When Lindsay does her post-jail, post-rehab interview – and she will, Lohan assured Lauer more than once – people will be able to see that there are “completely different dynamics than what you’re reading. When you meet her and you see my child – and as I said, I have four children, not just Lindsay – it’s blown out of proportion,” she said of the news coverage.

Aside from an interview that will showcase her daughter’s brilliance – because she is brilliant, Mama Lohan assured Lauer, again more than once – she added that the future for Lindsay includes a move back to New York and a little charity work.

“She’s grown and learned considerably and certainly made mistakes as we all have done in our younger years,” Lohan said. “Lindsay right now is focusing on charity and helping save the next victim of tabloids.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Lindsay Lohan

« Previous entry
  1. カナダグース コーディネート

a . a . state that basically no カナダグース ugg ブーツ survive just after モンクレール visvim Air jordan 激安 Jing Shou submitted モンクレール ベスト ugg ブーツ ハワイ as well as クロエ バッグ by means of all of us regarding Globe ノースフェイス スノーブーツ カナディアングース Monster This planet Monster truck space and additionally stepped カナダグース ダウンベスト ノースフェイス フリース,|still|yet|however|though|and yet} follow in opposition to louisvuitton ジャパン Jing get ナイキ ジョーダン 通販 ugg 激安 in direction of アグ ブーツ クラシックミニ Jing Shou requested: will you decide to put グッチ キーケース proceed? a .
    カナダグース コーディネート http://stridesarco.com/images/canadagoose-q-33.html

November 28, 2013 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jennifer

I wonder what Dina will have to say when Lindsay ODs on drugs. Will she continue to blame everyone else or will she finally be forced to see what a terrible parent she is? Probably the former. How sad. I actually feel sorry for Lindsay. With such terrible parents how else do you expect someone to turn out?

October 22, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Spencer

I don't see what all the OUTRAGE over Lindsay is about. She had success very early - probably too early. And she got in over her head as a young 20-something. She didn't kill people or OD, and her prescriptions for medicine are pretty normal for a lot of people like her. Mel Gibson, Robert Downey Jr., and a lot of people have gotten into more trouble, and you just don't see people all p*d off at them. Lohan has suffered about as much as she deserved, and she's got the time and money to get it together - I just wish the best for her, as I would anyone.

August 17, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Chef

This woman is an idiot! Who the hell cares about any of these losers??? Why is she on TV in the first place?

You're a poor excuse for a mother #1, an obvious enabler #2, and a media hound. Do us all a favor and go away! Permanently, we don't care about you, your pathetic family, or your drug addicted, alcoholic daughter!

August 17, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  5. daniel

Not every person in their early 20s chooses to "discover" themselves by partying, and drinking and driving. It's not OK to tell your kids that it's normal to behave like this. Behaving like this lands you in jail, and for most people, will ruin or at least delay a good career. Linday is lucky she can afford such a mistake and has a good shot at a comback.

August 17, 2010 at 3:46 am | Report abuse |
  6. saunhi

Tabloids need another Kill, LA is the Killing Field
    Who could possibly survive a 24×7 invasion of privacy and tabloid clan ridicule without anxiety medicine. Leave LA and the beatings stop- much less anxiety! (Paparazzi cant lurk in NY- its too crowded:)

August 17, 2010 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  7. shelly

i personally dont think dina cares about lindsay i think all she cares about is the MONEY . cause if she did she would have done something the first time she was arrested for d.u.i but she didn't she said that she was a victim of the papparazzi frankly if lindsay would have sobered up an stayed then there would be nothing to write about . it's funny how she always comes out when lindsay does something an has to be punished for it. to defend her "daughter" all she's in it for is publicity. she isn't a good mother because as i said she's just in it for the MONEY. lindsay needs someone to tell her no an keep her straight not let her run around like some spoiled lil Brat

August 16, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Lynne Miller

What does matter is that Lindsay Lohan is a real live person who should have the same civil liberties and protections that any of the rest of us have. Everyone is reacting to an image they have of her that probably isn't connected to reality. We don't know what her reality is. I can't believe that her mother is on a TV show discussing how many times Lindsay has been in rehab with someone who has no business asking. Isn't that a HIPAA violation? Wouldn't her stints in rehab be protected health information. Why doesn't HIPAA apply to famous people? Why does being rich mean that you deserve public scrutiny and constant analysis.

Lindsay's job, be it her choice or not, is being an actress. She has been successful at her job and good for her. Her personal life is really none of our business. I hope her family seeks good family therapy to recover from all of the things we have done to them.

August 15, 2010 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Swamprattler

my heart bleeds purple urine for all those idiots on the left coast, what a bunch of morons

August 15, 2010 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  10. PaulaS

Re: Lindsay Lohan's mother: In my 37 years of experience, working with substance abuse sufferers– the only solution to achieve sustainable contentment, as it relates to alcoholism or addiction, is either a 12 step program, or a daily commitment to meditate on a specific healing thought for the day. Lindsay Lohan's mother is not the solution to Lindsay's problem. Nor does she understand the disease. Lindsay is spiritually bankrupt and she needs a spiritual awakening.
    ~~Allow me to share with you a newly released healing recovery book I discovered - for those struggling with drug addiction, alcoholism or eating disorders: "Little Gifts of Sustainable Contentment," By C.J. Good. Check it out, (look inside for free – now), read it, then please pass it on to others you care about...:) http://www.sustainablecontentment.com

August 14, 2010 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  11. joon

People have no sense of humor these days. Unless....These people need help. Mainly the Mom. Lindsay can get better without her party friiend. Once you get help, maybe help mom. Depends. She's just not good for Lindsay. I know the family states otherwise. I'm stating this without fact and telling so. In my opinion. Opionions are based on feeling not fact. In my opinion. girrl needs to cut tys with the so called mom. She is not her friend-she is a Mom. Do we have to suffer thru another video. Be a Mother to your child. O.k.? And if your mom...so what! You be the star that lights the sky.

August 14, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Andrew

This woman is a textbook case of an enabler. She needs Al-Anon as much as her daughter needs AA. Lindsey Lohan is screwed until she gets away from both of her nut job parents and finds her own way through the fellowship of AA.

August 14, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Joon

If I broke probation or even Thought about carjacking someone, my butt would be in jail. How is the jail overcrowded.? It's not like you and me being in population? She's in a secluded area safe from harm. What's up there? Too many celebs who can buy their way out? For her Mom, Lindsay...I'm sticking up for Lindsay. She's not your friend. She's your Mom. I don't pay my Mom to spend time with me and love me. I am against your sentencing. It should have been much harder. It would be for us. I am for you making a great recovery. And yes, you need recovery. So does your Mom. You'll see that someday. Hopefully, far-far from where you now. Good luck to you. You'll need it but at the same time, I think you can handle it. Put them people in check!!! Nobody can/will take care of you, like you. A lesson to be learned. Take care of yourself

August 14, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  14. laurielee

did anyone catch the trailer to her interview? Camera on Dina, Matt's voice in the background announcing what the interview would be. Dina is looking left of the camera and making a snide face as Matt talks about Lindsay's 4th round of rehab and her troubled past. Dina looked like a petulant 13 year old girl. This woman is unbelievable in her denial and fancy footwork to skirt the real issues of her daughter. Be a real mom, step in and help your daughter. The two of you are a disaster.

August 14, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • joon

Get rid of that so called mom. Sooner than later, you have to stand for yourself. You can't blame it on mommy and daddy anymore. Stand up!

August 14, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • joon

I don't think her daughter made it on talent. Not for acting. Shame on this mom. Your Daughter will outshine you.

August 14, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Tara

This woman is an idiot! How much did they pay her for this interview, because they need to get their money back? I think they should only be allowed to pay her, per complete sentence and thought. I heard she was peddling her “Hooked on Phonics” wears for $50,000. I am really mad at Matt for going soft on her. The judge played hard ball with her? Seriously? The girl got off easy in my book; she has been dicking the court around for three years! Yeah Dina... she went to jail on "This particular offense", because she has not made good on the probation that she got from it, for three freaking years! The whole fact that she says "this particular offense" tells the story right there: honey, the fact that your kid has more than one drinking, coking, and driving charge should mean an automatic 90 days in jail- and she should have to serve the whole time.
    I don't care that the judge recused herself! Dina couldn't even say the word... probably doesn't even know what it means. The judge was right! She kept repeating herself. Matt should have totally ripped into her. Good for you Judge Revel!
    This woman is a pathological liar... as well. She is friends with murderers’? When did she meet them, when she was locked away in her own private Idaho? Several inmates have said the same thing that the whole place was on lock down when they moved her. She shouldn't go out and do interviews for Lindsay, because it makes me hate Lindsay even more.
    And she is going back to New York, because Californians’, quite frankly, cannot foot the bill anymore for her PRIVATE-two police car-escorts to fvcking rehab!

August 14, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  16. cm

She is just doing what other 20 year olds are doing?? Proof yet again that mom is delusional and an enabler to her habits. I don't recall doing car chases while hopped up on coke and other substances while I was in my 20's. Nor do I recall going to the bar with my mom while I was under age. Great parenting indeed.

August 13, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  17. saunhi

Legal Bureaucracy Needs Repeat Business(Probation Progress Simply Ignored, Keep em in the System so we can keep our Budget:)
    We have to STOP PAYING HUGE SALARIES TO MILLIONS OF BUREAUCRATS, who keep their jobs by incarcerating millions of citizens each year, for petty or exaggerated offenses – Step back from the brainwashing! If the legal system truly wants people unhooked from Prescription Mood drugs, a Real rehab center is what's needed. And reprimand the doctors before they hook others. Overprescribing uppers/downers/ calmers has been a discredited medical practice for decades – because they are KNOWN to cause impaired and erratic behavior.

August 13, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Sandra

Dina, Why don't you do your daughter a favor and leave her the hell alone. You are the reason she is in this mess. You are a poor of an excuse for a parent. She does not need your kind of help.

August 13, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Erin

I watched her NBC interview and for Matt, he played softball with her considering her massively defensive and hostile manner to him (could she have said 'hardball', 'propaganda' and 'she would have been fired' (about the judge) any more?). She came across as bitter, incredibly defensive and just plain sad/tired. Her continued barbs at Matt were bristling to hear and she made herself look just angry, bitter and ridiculous. She stumbled her way through looking as bitter as Kate Gosselin.

PR advice they need is to move to Europe and lay low for a few years if not more.

Lindsay should take Eat, Pray Love to a whole new level and chill on her own. Quit being a victim. You own the life you have.

Take it back.Claim yourself.

August 13, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Waffles

I don't believe anything this woman says. She is never acting in her daughter's best interests.

August 13, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • joon

I disagree. She's not trying to act in her daughters best interest. She acting in public. Where she set up her daughter to be but I didn't know pouring and sniffing was bad. Wow! Cool! Where is my daughters fee.? I'll get it from ya. I must say this is my opionion of her. Children for sale! I don't believe Hollywood is a part of that, but I do think people sell their souls. Many people have cute kids. And they say the darndest things. I would never sell my child. I think this person needs help. People have tons of money but...someone will speak up and do it for free. Because of who they are. How about me? How about a hard working white woman? I don't get free treatment!

August 14, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  21. JorBob

It make sense now why Lindsay turned out the way she did, her mother will not admit her kid has issues. She said that the judge was too harsh on Lindsay and that "her daughter hasn’t necessarily done anything that any other young 20-something would do", so that makes it OK? What a bad parent, she needs to take blame for the way her ended up.

August 13, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Regina

WHO CARES!!!!!!! On to the next celebraty loser

August 13, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  23. KegelExscersie

Lindsy did not give me a decent b. j recently. She has slacked off

August 13, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Joe

I wonder if Dina is rehabilitated from her ice cream cake stealing habit.

August 13, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Stephen

I understand now where Lindsay gets her brilliance from. That is one dopey woman!

August 13, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  26. joan

You raise your kids all one way and they come out different as the old saying goes. As a mother, sure you are going to protect, defend, support, and/or stand by your children, even when they are grown, whether other people like it or NOT! Talk is cheap for all those who say "if it was my child" or "if I was her mother...." or

August 13, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • joon

If momma was smart, she'd spend lindays money on banking the son. Oh, don't tell me. She already has.
      But she" get millions for an interview, that she will already lose in court. She's being sued several times. Um...Bank on the brother to make the mother some money! My son! How I neglected you. He's better off than any of them. He's got an education and he'll get the money.

August 14, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Matt

She's got some good points. When you're a celebrity, you're sort of expected to be some model of moral turpitude. Fact of the matter is, myself, and probably most other people say and do things that others probably wouldn't accept or agree with. When you put someone's life in the media, it will have its supporters, and its critics. Lindsay Lohan isn't too different from your average person, other than shes and actress and makes gobs of money. Makes mistakes, has her vices, etc, and we're all expecting her to be some classy, model citizen that she's not. The people judging her are about as clean as an oil rag at a mechanics shop.

August 13, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Joe

So we all hate her, we all think she's trash, and yet America keeps buying the magazines and watching the tabloid TV shows and funding their opulent (albeit f'd up) lifestyle. So let's try to hurry this along...keep watching, keep buying the magazines, keep them filthy rich so they can contiinue their pathetic opulence, and if we're lucky maybe they'll OD together and we'll finally be rid of them both.

August 13, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Michael

This is an interview with one of the two main reasons LL is so screwed up.

August 13, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Geee

This poor excuse for a mother is one of the reasons her daughter is the mess she is. If mother of the year tried being a mother, instead of using her daughter to get into Hollywood parties, maybe she wouldn't have to go through all this.

August 13, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  31. nila

Do you spell Enabler with a big E?

August 13, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Patrick

Who really gives a crap? I'm tired of hearing about "Poor Lindsay". Poor-Rich spoiled brat.

August 13, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  33. LMD

This was like watching a train wreck. You hate to see it but cannot turn away. This woman also needs some help. To continuously blame everyone for her daughters troubles is laughable.NBC/Today should be ashamed of themselves for having to put Matt Lauer through that. If the Lohans do not want the publicity,stay out of the limelight. The only propaganda being spun,is what Mama Lohan is spinning. Her daughter is an addict,and needs help before she kills herself or someone else. Found it interesting also when asked about the "finger nail polish deal" she claimed that the court hearing wasn't supposed to go that way!! So I ponder,if she were not sentenced would she have flaunted the nails even more,to basically tell the judge F**** Y**? If by appearing on the airwaves she thought she was "helping" her daughter,well then she blew it big time. I wish the networks would start dealing in real news,and not in the lives of spoiled rotten out of control kids!! Leave the gossip to the rags out there and give us real news..we can take it,seriously,we can!

August 13, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  34. tati

I wonder how would all these people so eager to cast stones to act if they were in Lindsey's shoes – with all the fame and money. I bet – not so good either.

August 13, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Tigger1215

One of Lindsey's biggest problems is her mother. Between partying with her daughter & sticking her head in the sand like an ostrich, she couldn't see the truth if it jumped up & bit her. She's living near a river call de-Nile. Even if the tabloid's had followed Julia Robert's 20 years ago, they would have been hard pressed to find her doing the things Lindsey's famous for. When she was spouting off to Matt this morning it seemed like she had a hard time forming cohesive sentences. Has this woman ever done any kind of work except live off of her kids? Won't be long Ali will be following in Lindsey's footsteps & we'll hear the same lame excuses all over again.

August 13, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Run26.2

I watched the interview on The Today show this morning, did anyone else pick up on the number of time she winked at Matt Lauer? If it was a "fluff" piece interview about an upcoming movie or something fine but she is trying to seriously discuss her daughter and she is flirting with the Lauer. just goes to show ya what a joke this woman really is.

August 13, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  37. doubtful

What I saw during this interview was a woman blaming everyone but her daughter for her problems. The fact that Lindsay was caught DUI and she missed court dates and just in general snubbed eeverything legal doesn't seemt to matter.

August 13, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  38. LBW

I will only comment on two of many ignorant statements by Ms. Lohan:
    1) Playing Hardball is getting permenantly disabled in a car accident or killing someone when your were driving drunk.
    2) By the time your "kids" are 18-20 yes a parent looses control, but hopefully by then the YOUNG ADULT has gained some. Or at least has the fear of God or jail to set some reasonable limits on their behaviour.

August 13, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Kristi

That might have been the most painful interview for Matt Lauer EVER. I hope that lindsay can get her act together and get out of the limelight of her fame seeking mother.

August 13, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Cass

Interesting that the Today show this morning featured Dina Lohan and Casey Anthony's parents. Was it international paretnal denial day or something?

August 13, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  41. joe

I'd like to have a twoofer with her and Lindsey

August 13, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hot4LLsMom

See? Who called me brainless? Lots of people would want that 3 way.

August 13, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Any man who's d&*k works would. Oh, and lesbians too. Don't want to leave them out.

August 13, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Jan

This makes me sick, i watched on tv this morning. Everything is everybody else's fault...Dina acts stupid no wonder Lindsay is the way she is. The Mom wants to be 19, her days have passed. She kept throwing up her son graduated with honors from college. It is obvious she didn't.

August 13, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Sam

the rich get richer as the poor get poor
    abre los ojos
    WE SLEEP,
    THEY LIVE
    no fate.

August 13, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  44. saved

Whenever someone does jail time they find religion –wonder if Lindsey found any higher power while in the slammer for a week ??? saw the interview - she could not answer a question fully....BOO!!

August 13, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • MMS

I agree! What happened to Paris Hilton and her "passion" to help with charities? I seem to remember that she had spent "a lot of time" reading the bible while in jail... where are all of those good deeds now? At least she is smart enough to stay out of trouble!

August 13, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  45. yorknew

Her mother acts like her daughter is normal – boggles the mind. Lindsay does the crime – she pays the price – that's normal – why is it such a traumatic thing for either of them? In my opinion – the mother needs some sort of rehab – she's a major part of the problem it seems like.

August 13, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  46. kerry

Dina is a parasite feeding off of her children!!!

August 13, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  47. volmom

i watched this interview this morning and this woman is an IDIOT living off of her daughters fame. lindsay doesn't have a chance. SHEEESH

August 13, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  48. citizenUSA

Who Asked? What a proud mother she must be. I'd be doing wonderfully at a multi-million dollar Malibu rehab center too. I hear it just like being at the Oscars, (becuase everyone else in there is a celebrity).

August 13, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Jill P.

Remember the old adage, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I rest my case.

August 13, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Kris

Wah! Woe is Lindsay...she has such a hard knock life. She will leave rehab and go right back to her old tricks. Even her co-stars have complained about her unprofessionalism...showing up late, or not showing up at all...what I'd give to have the chances she has had. One thing's for sure, I would NEVER have blown an opportunity to be an actress. I truly hope she grows up one day and gets clean. Until then, I have no pity for her.

August 13, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Jay Kay

Dina... go get Lindsay some free ice cream.

August 13, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  52. guest

what a load of crap. Dina is a worthless mother! that may seem harsh but she honestly doesnt care what happens to her daughter. She just needs Lindsay for money, which she is going to run out of soon anyways. no one wants to work with her because of her issues. 4 times in rehab? Really? that is alittle ridiculous!

August 13, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Suz

Stupid is as stupid procreates.

August 13, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Tim

The mom is a nut job just like the kid. She was in so much denial about the drinking, drugs and rehab. Blaming everyone but herself and the kid. She sounded like she was high during the interview...rambling on and making stupid comments. The apple doesn't stagger far from the tree.

August 13, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • john

and the blind squirell woud find two nuts if he stumbled across this mother/daughter duo.

August 13, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  55. tony

Oh please! She always says that cokehead is: "fine", "OK", or "well". Her horrible enabling parents are part of the problem. They don't want to see their gravy train stopped.

August 13, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Ellie

Dina and her demented ex-husband is the reason their daughter is all screwed up. Dina is more focused on looking like her daughter and living through her daughter's celebrity life that she's completely useless and has become an enabler. Lindsey's dad is a complete HOT mess. He has no business being any where near his daughter or her lifestyle. He can't even stay out of jail or get his act together, how the hell is he going to help her?

This is a family where the blind is truly leading the blind, Lindsey is headed off a cliff of no return and her parents are solely to blame for starting the engine and filling the gas tank with gas!!

August 13, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Rose

After seeing that ?interview? this morning , I have so much sympathy for Lindsay. I feel so sorry for her.
    And yes, I'm surprised that Matt Lauer and/or NBC can stoop so low as to waste air time w/DIna Lohan.
    Let's pray that Lindsay can overcome her family !

August 13, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Ron

Dian needs to be in with Lindsey at rehab. She is dilusional fif she thinks her daughter is normal. If I were her son I would run for the hills.

August 13, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Kelly

What a joke this was. Matt says "she's been in rehab 4 times". Dina "no, only twice". Does she think we don't know. So glad that woman is not my mother. So the judge recused herself.....big deal, any other judge is still gonna hold ur daughter accountable for her very bad choices from years ago or a month ago. Deal with it.

August 13, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  60. DRAGONFLY XI

WHO CARES!!!!SPOILED LITTLE BRATT!!!!!

August 13, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  61. CATom

Thanks god linsey is doing fine because I was worry. Between drunk linsey and lady gaga adams apple I have a lot to worry about.

August 13, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Mark in the Heartland

So Mama thinks daughter is wonderful and can't do anything wrong. Perhaps if she was a real parent and instilled a sense of right and wrong in her kid, then the tabloids would have nothing to write about.

August 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Don

I'd hit Lindsay and her mom too. what a Milf & daughter tag team that would be!

August 13, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  64. sharon

she got busted and tried to talk her way out of it, but actions speak louder then words thank god that there finally is a judge who was not going to take any crap from a spoiled little actress, who doesnt care about what authority says. point in case her finger nails w/f u on it come on grow up, oh that's right you can't grow up. and mama quit making excuses for her she knows what she is doing and keeps doing it because she thinks she can get away with it, well i think that she should of served her full jail time. and thank god the judge wasnt going to let her run her over and stuck to her guns on the sentencing. too bad she was able to get out of jail early

August 13, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Sue

DENIAL!!!!!

I cannot believe that the Today Show lowered themselves and actually had that whack job on their show. Garbage!

August 13, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Me

Do not care. Goodbye. Good riddance. I will make sure never to watch her in anything and neither will my children.

August 13, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Kerry

Bravo Dina- mother of the year!!!!

August 13, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  68. bailoutsos

on the Matt Lauer show, she should have done what the ex governor of Alaska does: Get a list of questions beforehand and make sure only those questions get asked.

August 13, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  69. LG

Did anyone else notice that Dina kept harping on the idea that Lindsay's arrest was in 2004 and "still" being prosecuted like the courts have been hounding Lindsey for 6 years? The reason things are still going on is because the courts kept giving Lindsay chances to meet her commitments to the rulings, only to come up with more and more excuses for why she wasn't meeting her commitments. The girl kept disregarding the requirements of the courts, extending the case for years. Dina is right. This could have all been settled earlier had the courts not allowed Lindsay to make her second (or third, fourth, fifth...) excuse when missing her sessions and thrown her into jail then. Dina makes it out like Lindsay is being treated unfairly because she is famous. Mom's right. If it were one of us regular folks, we would have already served our sentence years ago.

August 13, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  70. boocat

Another parent in denial.. It's never "my kid's fault." It's the tabloids, the internet....get real! When I was 24, I never got busted for drunken driiving or drug possession. This woman talks like every kid does get arrested and it's normal. She's the Queen of Denial. And I predict her daughter will be dead within 5 years if she keeps doing what she's doing...

August 13, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Barry

That woman is delusional. unfortunately, her daughter will probably OD before the mother finally sees the truth, and maybe not even then.

August 13, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  72. jen

I think Dina needs to wake up. When is she going to relize that her child does have issues. It doesn't mean that she can't be helped, but be honest. Lindsay is a drug addict and has a obvious drinking problem. Yeah when I was in college I drank but I didn't drive around town and get DUI's and most college kids DONT do drugs FYI Dina. She says the media is really hard on Lindsay, they should be. She missed all the opportunities to make it right with the the legal system. Anyone that did the same things shes been doing for the last 5 years would have been in jail for years. Not what was it not even 2 weeks please. I hope Lindsay and her mother come to terms with the fact that she did wrong. Do your part and serve the time. Its what responsible people do when they know they have messed up.Don't try and blame it on someone or something else.

August 13, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Goobs

"To the elder Lohan, her daughter hasn’t necessarily done anything that any other young 20-something would do – it’s just that her actions land in the tabloids." I'm 24 and last time I checked I haven't been arrested for drugs, gone to rehab several times, or looked completely cracked out in pictures

August 13, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Mark

You are being too kind to this piece of garbage . Any animal can spew out babies -as this one obviouusly did. Its takes a human being with a mind to raise children. This screeching pile of irrelevant wind is a loser loser loser . What a tragic piece of humanity she is herself

August 13, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Mark

There's more garbage where that came from... the only difference is that this one happens to be "famous."

August 13, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  75. theskinnyapple

She's helping save the next victim of tabloids? Oh, poor poor little rich girls in the spotlight. Must be so hard to make tens of thousands of dollars to party at clubs.

August 13, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • well

Why should we care? Of course, being curious folk we venture into these articles and news bits on LL and to be honest, we should just leave her alone.

August 13, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • MomoftheMob

Agreed – since when is help victims of tabloids charity? Does anyone else see that these people live in some sort of alternate universe???

August 13, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  76. jim

I wonder if a poll was taken, how many people actually bought into that body of hogwash/sheepdip. She comes across like most mothers who have snotty, drug induced, drunks. "It can't be HER fault, it has to be someone elses fault, i brought up my daughter to not get caught." Please someone slap her AND her daughter.

August 13, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  77. jim

"Cuddle"? Another news flash, her brother has has the hots for his sister....LMAO. Some poser fantasizing about his own incestuous family situation. Rather sad, huh?

August 13, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  78. johnlohan

News flash? That's all I get outta that? I thought it was pretty clever. Come on. You know someone read that and is now talking about how lindsay is sleeping with her brother to everyone in their office! lol. Lighten up, its a story about Lindasy Lohan for crying out loud. It doesn't really matter.

August 13, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Mark

If you pay her to cuddle, huh? I hope you don't even imagine your post was a good defense. Aren't you the Ithica son (smart)?

August 13, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Dave

LOL.....nice Troll brah.

August 13, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  81. jim

Figures. You just showed your level of intelligence. Youre related to johnlohan, huh? Posers with shortage of brain cells.

August 13, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Hot4LLsMom

Just because I think LL's mom is hot (but Lindsay is hotter) doesn't mean I don't have any brain cells. It's not like I'm talking about having a great debate with either one of 'em, or even a serious conversation!

August 13, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Joon

Thank you.

August 14, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Swamprattler

hey it's Bush's fault, roflmao

August 15, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  85. joon

Yeah, where's the office?

August 14, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |