Alanis Morissette is pregnant
August 11th, 2010

Alanis Morissette is pregnant

Singer Alanis Morissette dropped a bombshell when she filled out the "25 Things You Don't Know About Me" column for Us Weekly's current issue.

Besides using it to reveal her fear of moths and her mastery of chocolate-chip banana bread, the newlywed took it as an opportunity to announce that she's expecting.

"I am pregnant!" Morissette, 36, said in the No. 25 spot.

The Canadian singer, who married 30-year-old rapper Mario Souleye Treadway in May, might be keeping mum about when her bundle of joy will arrive, but that isn't stopping her from gushing about her baby love.

She tweeted Wednesday, "yes, happy news....i'm pregnant :) we're so excited to start our family.... xo."

1. Frank

Congrats to Alanis. I'm very happy for her.

Seriously, CNN. You couldn't find a better picture of her?

August 31, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Welcome Brothers

It is disheartening that with all Alanis has to teach by way of one finding oneself in God and being able to expose the flesh for all its scintillating sensation and ability to lead one to sin and imbalance all the great minds on this blog seem to focus on are the external and extemporaneous and amorphous.

August 12, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Susan

i think she's quite pretty when not caked in so much make up. in her marriage and pregnancy i wish her only the best.

August 12, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  4. drbonsky

Just googled Mario Souleye Treadway. Doesn't look like a rapper. White, preppy, GQ. Bio says he's an activist. I'm sure for left-wing causes. They'll probably be happy together.

August 12, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  5. Josh

Looks like someone set her face on fire and put it out with a wet chain. Poor lil' one is going to be cursed with that horse face.

August 12, 2010 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  6. Mike

isnt it ironic

August 12, 2010 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  7. NoOneYouKnow

Dave Coulier...You are.... NOT the father!

August 12, 2010 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Dave Coulier

Van Wilder.....You are.....NOT the father! That means ding ding ding, we have a winner.......or is it loser?

August 12, 2010 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  8. huxley

nice boobs

August 12, 2010 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  9. BuzzMann

Not discrediting he talent but if you added a little thin mustache an a small beard she could be a man.An I thought being preg brought the feminine side out .

August 12, 2010 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  10. Biggest Fan

That is fabulous!
    I hope she feeds him/her some Gudernoobs made by WooHoo Foods. Healthiest snack currently made for kids! Great source of omega-3s and 4 varieties to choose from!

August 12, 2010 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  11. Jake

Neigh!

August 12, 2010 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  12. The Watcher

Look at those teeth. She could cob the corn in one bite.

August 12, 2010 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  13. C.H.

"Neigh!"

August 12, 2010 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  14. maryzhol

Woww!!!! some just love to critizice, and not constructively, she's beautiful (inside & out), intelligent, strong, talented, spirited, generous and a long train of etc's. Thing is, she's comfortable in her own skin, and a lot of people don't accept a celebrity who's not flawless....Don't mind any of them, ROCK ON ALANIS, and receive congratulations and much love from Mexico :D

August 12, 2010 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  15. Sonya

Wow, people who comment here are so mean! I'm so happy for her family. She's a talented singer and musician and I like her. She could use a little help with her make-up and hair, but I don't think she's ugly at all. She's just not good at hiding her flaws like most other celebrities do. Maybe she's just a natural person who doesn't feel that she has to spend thousands of dollars on plastic surgery, etc. to make herself look the way everyone in the entertainment world thinks she should look. She's herself and since I don't look at her while I'm listening to her music, I really don't care what she looks like.

August 11, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  16. just being honest

she looks 46, not 36. ugliest gums i've ever seen. she's been beaten with the ugly stick, that's for sure...hope her puppy turns out better looking.

August 11, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • hmmm

what do you care what she looks like, you're not married to her, although I'm sure you are a stunning creature yourself!

August 11, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Sb

Who?

August 11, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Welcome Brothers

I have watched her, listened to her, and have grown with her spiritually, emotionally, and psychologically since JAGGED. She has put word to the thoughts in my head, voice to the feelings of my heart,and emphasis to random so-called indignation I have suffered both by my own hands and those of society. Alanis will give this child very close to what GOD intended for it to have and experience while it is on this earth. Alanis will teach the child salvation thru Jesus Christ, our savior.

August 11, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Satan

Not if I have anything to do with it.....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

August 12, 2010 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Jon

Welcome, your comment is one of the most convoluted statements I have ever read. Whew!!!

August 12, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  19. Welcome Brothers

ALANIS ROCKS

August 11, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Lee

Congratulations to Alanis –by the way to dartgerber :lesbians do & can have babies....duh !

August 11, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  21. darthgerber

And here i thought she was a lesbian....

August 11, 2010 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  22. ohno

look at those gums.. talk about a look of blissful happiness! Thanks for reminding me about my dentist appointment.

August 11, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Robert Johnson

"Anything I do has to be directly related to my music. If it isn't, I don't really see a point to it." – Alanis Morissette

She must be working on a motherhood album.

August 11, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  24. KyMom

Congrats, for sure. But tell me more about the chocolate chip banana bread!

August 11, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  25. cherrybomb

Why do people care if she gives the kid a "f'ed up name"? If she does, then you get to roll your eyes and mock the parent and child. That's what you want, right?

August 11, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Pilot Inspektor

What? My name is totally normal.

August 11, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Leila

Court...
    B-Dog, to my understanding, is a nick name...you know not a REAL name...
    B-Dog is right...so many celebs giving such strange names to their kids...why? What happened to good old Jim, David, Mary, Jane...?
    Eeeh...

August 11, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  28. B-Dog

I really really hope I don't have to add her to the list of "D-Bag Celebs who give their kids stupid F'ed up names.

August 11, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  29. sandy

I hope the baby gets her talent! And is healthy, of course:)

August 11, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Jeff

Congratulations, new mother. Talented singer, and the kid will probably look like her.

August 11, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Look like her? Umm, not sure that is necessarily a good thing....

August 11, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jusme

I'm not so sure about the "talented" part, either–unless you're into whining.

August 12, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  31. Not The Doctor

They must be head over feet about this. She must be off that jagged little pill now. What's the matter, Mary Jane? Nothing, we pregnant!

I hope this doesn't leave me uninvited to the baby shower. I'll be over here with one hand in my pocket, and the other one waving a rattle.

August 11, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Smarf

None of that would have happened if she went down on him in a theater instead.

August 11, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • anobody

LOL! Actually I believe the jagged little pill is some thing else..... "Swallow it down... (what jagged little pill) it feels so good... (swimming in your stomach)... I will leave the rest to your imagination.

August 11, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • vincenzo cunnilinguini

i love people. you all have brightened my day.

August 12, 2010 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
    • notfunny

fake bs. dont let the new world order brain wash you wake up. hollywood is a joke to take your mind off of real issues. get right

August 12, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |