'True Blood's' ties that bind
August 9th, 2010

'True Blood's' ties that bind

Editor’s note: This post contains spoilers for the Sunday, August 8 episode of HBO’s “True Blood.”

Was anyone else put through the emotional wringer after “True Blood” ended last night?

Both traditional and non-traditional family ties were at the heart of the episode, and some of my favorite scenes featured Bill and Jessica.

After his tearful breakup with Sookie, Bill returned to the Compton homestead for the first time this season and released Jessica, saying he could no longer care for her. She then poured her heart out, saying she didn’t want to go through eternity alone.

Her plea struck a chord with Bill, who perhaps saw an opportunity to be to Jessica what Lorena could not be to him – a parental figure and an educator rather than a lover and partner in crime. He later went about schooling Jessica in the finer points of vampire combat in a great scene reminiscent of the Morpheus versus Neo kung-fu showdown in “The Matrix.”

Meanwhile, Jason and Eric went looking for trouble this week in the name of love and vengeance for relationships past and present. Jason hightailed it to Hotshot to defend Crystal’s honor when she showed up at his door beaten up and desperate to escape the Norris clan.

I don’t think I’m letting the cat out of the bag when I say that it’s clear the Norris family tree doesn’t fork and that they’re shape-shifters of some kind, but what? Between the Norris boys’ unwelcome appearance at Merlotte’s and Jason’s happening upon Bufort Norris’ primal feasting on venison tartare, there’s every indication that these guys are bad news.

Back in Jackson, Eric, eager to continue on with his plan to avenge the massacre of his family, volunteered to keep the fussbudgety Talbot company when Russell left to hunt Sookie down. It was sexy but short-lived, as Talbot soon met an unexpected end when Eric staked him.

In Sookie news, it was more of the same this week. She screamed, cried, read a few minds, had a brusque conversation with Tara and flirted with Alcide within what, a day of breaking up with Bill? Humph.

Alcide was called back to Jackson to tend to a family emergency engineered by Debbie, leaving Sookie to her own devices. As she thumbed through a sad scrapbook devoted to her relationship with Bill, her cousin Hadley breezed right in, surprising her. (Really? If you were sitting at your kitchen table taking a trip down memory lane with a shotgun at your side, wouldn’t locking your doors be your first measure of security? Sigh.)

Anyhow, Hadley came with a message from Eric: watch yourself and don’t trust Bill. She then fled into the night, her thoughts tearful and apologetic over revealing the truth about Sookie to those who meant her harm.

It wasn’t long after Hadley’s visit that Debbie appeared as part of Russell’s advance team, lumbering up to Sookie’s with two fellow werewolves in tow. Debbie made a beeline for Sookie, and a good old-fashioned girl fight ensued before Debbie slipped out the window when Sookie didn’t take advantage of the opportunity she had to kill her.

I loved, LOVED Bill and Jessica’s appearing out of nowhere to protect Sookie. Their success was short-lived as Russell soon appeared, briefly threatening Jessica’s life before turning her loose to go mano a mano with Bill.

Just as it seemed that Russell had Bill licked, he vanished upon sensing Talbot’s demise. The scene at Casa Stackhouse ended predictably with Bill and Sookie reuniting and having make-up sex on the floor of her demolished bedroom. Snooze.

A few final bits of housekeeping: Sound the new character alarm! Merlotte’s has a new waitress in the form of Holly Cleary, who caught Arlene by surprise when she correctly surmised that she was expecting another baby. There’s definitely something up there. We also said hello again, maybe, to everyone’s favorite befanged wackadoo Franklin. Fingers crossed, you guys!

Can you believe how quickly this season has flown by? We’re sprinting toward the finish with only four episodes remaining. What were some of your favorite moments from this week’s episode?

Post by:
Filed under: television • True Blood • TV recaps

1. Wellington

i've never understood why non-vampires want so much to be vampires.... shrugs another one of life's mysteries i suppose.

August 16, 2010 at 5:21 am | Report abuse |
  2. chuckstar79

if you want to know more about trueblood, the series is based off of charlaine harris's "the sookie stackhouse novels" not only are there like 13 of them, she is still writing them, in fact the last one just came out 1 month ago. my wife reads them and she knows for the most part what is going on in the show. they are not identical, the show is a little bt different, but not by much. you will be shocked to learn what is in store down the road....

August 15, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Anne

I just started reading the books and I really like them. I think fiction writers have a tall order when creating essentially a different reality. In my opinion Ms. Harris does a fine job leading us into a world so different because of these wonderful creatures and so much the same because of our capacity to love, hate, fear, etc. I'm enjoying the books & the show.

August 14, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  4. grayson

I've read the books and they are just meh. Kind of lame. But the TV show is so very uber cool. Even in the books I kind of see that they are leaving an opening for Sookie and Bill to end up together. She can't get him out of her heart, and he clearly still loves her. In the TV show I think they'll fall apart (soon) and have to find their way back to each other. FINE BY ME. I love Bill in both TV show and books. Love that he's fallible and still somewhat human.

It's just my opinion, but how anyone can say the books are "great" is just unthinkable. The "universe" she created was great, but the stories and the characters are just forgettable. Alan Ball has brought them so much more to LIFE.

August 13, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Ashley Mae

Wow, people are so brutal on here. I am a huge fan of the tv show AND the books. Obviously they had to cut out some key elements from the book to create an adaptation for tv, but the show certainly did not lose from it...and for all you people saying the books are unreadable and boring.... you probably couldn't read your way out of a wet paper bag.

August 13, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Rich

You know, everyone's tastes differ and I'd certainly not bash someone for enjoying the books. But my wife reads voraciously, loves the show, and loves vampire books in general. She goes through at least dozens if not a hundred books before she finds one so bad she can't even finish it. The first True Blood book was such a case. She couldn't have had more reason to enjoy and finish it, given her nature toward books and the show. To me, that says that while some people will -love- the books, overall they can't be that great.

August 13, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jessica Rowoldt

"No way!"
    "Way."
    I LOL'd!

August 12, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. alysan

WERE-PANTHERS. dont you know these are based on books? go read

August 11, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steven

NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO READ THOSE AWFUL BOOKS. STOP POSTING SPOILERS. YOU ARE AN AWFUL HUMAN BEING AND HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING ON THE INTERNET.

August 11, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Grobil86

It's about time Sookie grew a pair in the show and actually started kicking ass! I was really getting tired of her always being the damsel in distress becasue her ability to stand up for herself was a big part of her character in the books. I think its funny that her cousin Hadley is actually more of what I pictured Sookie to look like after I read the books. She isn't supposed to be that skinny and she's supposed to have some boobs. lol

August 11, 2010 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
    • she who loves fanger vikings

I kinda agree even though without Sookie you have no series. But I am so sick of every single word that comes out of her mouth being something about Bee-yill. Bee-yill will protect me, Bills not like that, I hafta find/save/rescure etc BEE-YILL. Ready for her to move on to Eric or Alcide. I did not find her annoying in the books but, LORDY! I'd like to see more of Eric (obviously) and more screen time for Lafayette.

August 12, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Cliff

There has been a lot of chatter about Eric being gay, but if you think that you clearly missed the scene where he is feeling Hadley up while he is threading to drain her if the queen won't tell what Sookie is. He is a vamp so he be bi but he definitely likes the girls.

August 10, 2010 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Grobil86

Ha Ha I totally saw that! I was like dam he is so coppin' a feel right now!

August 11, 2010 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  10. joane

oh no...i didn't realized that it's only 4 episodes to gO! arrgh! i so love this season...but it kinda turned me off when eric had to do a love scene with talbot...Eric is so gorgeous...wonder what will russell do to him?

August 10, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Private

Ok, this show started out good. But please... It's bordering on just ridiculous now with the King's banquet dinner of Blood Pasteries. I burst out laughing. And my goodness. It moved slow as molasses this season too. The Suki character is too much of a do-gooder – pretty boring. Jason's character has also become boring. The plots get more ridiculous as time goes on. I think this show stinks now. Just make Suki a vamp and get it off the air already. I recommend Hung, Sparticus – anything but this unbelievable show! Sorry, just the way I feel this season.

August 10, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rich

Why in the world would you be on this blog if you just want to bash the show? And the fact you can't even spell Sookie says enough about how much you've chosen to relate to the show. Just go watch whatever it is you prefer and get over it.

August 13, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • chuckstar79

sookie or as you call her wrongly suki, will never be a vampire, she is something different entirely, she has fairy blood in her. i cant say that you are completely crazy because spartacus is the best show ever. too bad its about another 7 months before it starts again....

August 15, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Sarinda

1. The books were boring, the show is MUCH better
    2. More Russell, Eric, Pam, Franklin, Former Queen of Louisiana (forgot her name), Jessica and Layfayette!!!!
    3. Less whiney Sookie and Tara. Some of Sookie's lines this year sounded so forced and not believable. Tara has always gotten on my nerves.
    4. I want to know more about Pam's history and is there really an "Authority" figure?
    5. Maybe Eric did not kill Talot and Talbot and Franklin are resting and recovering somewhere in the ground. Please bring back Franklin and Talbot! Puhleeezzzzzz!

August 10, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Grobil86

What are you talking about?! The books are filled with WAY more murders, action, and sensuality! Mrs. Harris knows how to fill some pages with some quality material. Maybe you were just taken out of the stories because of the lack of pictures perhaps? Some of us learned how to use our imagination and enjoy books when we were little.

August 11, 2010 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
    • RS

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I truly believe Talbot is dead. That's why Russell took off as quickly as he did, and if you notice Eric was spattered in blood, as was the stake in his hands. Franklin on the other hand I'm not quite sure. Granted we saw Tara smashing his head in, but if vampires have regenerative capabilities then he may be alive. I highly doubt it, but it's possible. I can't wait for next week's episode. I'll be in NJ for my friend's husband's birthday party, and I'm staying over and leaving her place after True Blood goes off. I've got two bottles of Tru-Blood left, so we're going to drink those while watching the show.

August 11, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Dawn

If you don't know what were animals the people in Hotshot are, then you weren't enough of a fan geek to watch the minisodes that led up to the beginning of season three; Particularly the Jason minisode. And Lafayette's mom gave a huge clue on Holly, and any readers of the books already know what she is...

August 10, 2010 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  14. jess

Did anyone else love the moment between Sookie and Alcide on the porch before he leaves? Screw Bill, Sookie needs to jump on that. I know I would!

August 10, 2010 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
    • nh4paws

Yes! Alcide is so much hotter anyways....I say go for him..screw bill

August 10, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Kim

I agree. Sookie needs to throw Bill to the dogs (not literally), and wrap her legs around Alcide.

August 10, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. sookie fan

I think this episode had plenty of twists – I didnt think Eric would make his move so brutally, nor did I think Lafayette may end up having his own super powers, there are hints of him probably turning "dark"...

All in all a great episode. Did anyone catch the HBO recap on six steps – a vampires guide to survival against werewolf attacks? http://sookiestackhousenovels.com/six-steps-a-vampires-guide-to-surviving-a-werewolf-atack

August 9, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Tully

Favorite moments: the scenes between Bill and Jessica, even as vampires there is still humanity left in them.

August 9, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Yowster

I love the Wayne's World reference in Jessica & Bill's conversation. They put a new twist on the old "No way!.......Way!" line. All that was missing was the "schwing!".

August 9, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  18. mike

"cat out of the bag" that's funny

August 9, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Mrs. Northman

OH HELL YES!!! Gimme some more ERIC!!! The scene with Talbot last night was off the chart HOT, HOT, HOT!!! With just four episodes left, please give me more naked Eric Northman to last me until next season!! :)

August 9, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aby

I agree, more naked time with Eric. True Blood is showing more and more skin each season and loving it.

August 14, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Biteme

Eric looks great until he smiles his weird, buck tooth grin. Then he looks goofy.

August 9, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kim

LOL!!!! So true!!

August 10, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • She who loves fanger vampires

I call that his pool bunny smile. You can tell it's so fake and he's just kissing up to the King and Talbot, trying to look all coy and harmless.

August 12, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  21. TB_fan

I don't think Franklin is dead....Tara didn't kill him the right way! He most certainly will be back.

August 9, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Greg

Sookie in the Books is a much tougher cookie, Dont know why they have chosen to make her so whiny here in the Show, As a reader of the Books there are times when I think the book story line is better then the Shows, Mainly this season, But seeing all the other story lines in the show makes up for the pitiful writing concerning the main plot. The writers for the Show take the characters from the Book and do a reversal, Tara is white owns a dress shop in the book, Shes Black and poor in the show, Alcid, wealthy and successful in the book, standard blue collar worker in the show, I think if the show followed the Books exactly it wouldn't be near as interesting to those who have read the books, Oddly enough some charaters are dead on with the books, Sam, The detective, Actually Bill and Eric, Pam is funnier in the book, Jason is better in the Show, His part is so much bigger, Hes dumber in the show then in the Book The folks from Hotshot (IN the Book) are the exact opposites of the ones in the show. The good thing is after watching the Show you can read the book and it will still be interesting. But from experience dont read the book until after the season is over!!

August 9, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sookie Brickhouse

I agree Greg, in a lot of ways Sookie is much braver in the books and Tara is not as whiny. I am totally team Eric in the books. But on the show they make Bill look like a saint.

August 9, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • AlphLake

Greag, the charaters are well developed in the books and have a bit more depth. I do not like how the TV series describes the folks of Hotshot (they did not have to take the route of meth makers.) Sookie is stronger (mentally) in the books. I prefer the Sookie/Eric storyline. This TV season does not even touch on that.

August 11, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  23. AMF

Did anyone notice the way Franklin looked at Eric when he stopped Talbot from throwing the Viking crown? I think Franklin is starting to realize who Eric was before he was turned.
    I loved the books- yes poorly written, but I read them all. I love this show and can not believe there are only four episodes left of this season!! :-(

August 9, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Dea

I loved the scene with Eric and Talbot, but it was way too short and I did hate to see Talbot die. I liked him. But the reason behind it was killer!

August 9, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Vamp-tramp

*This is not a spoiler because I am only guessing.*
    The Eric and Talbot scene was hot from start to finish. They need way more shots with the shirtless Alchide and it was good to see Jessica coming into her own. She so does not need Hoyt. Did anyone else think Holly was Fugly? Eric is not gay, as we saw in the season opener with the chick from the bar, in the basement. Eric was playing up to Talbot to get him in a vunerable position and BOY DID HE! My bet is on Lafayette being part fairy. Those pesky things like to mate with humans. I also hope that Franklin returns but leaves Tara alone. That poor girl is about to crack.

August 9, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sookie Brickhouse

******Spoiler Alert*****
      I'm glad they introduced Holly finally. But she is a witch or practice wicca. But the lady they got to play her looks to old to be in a relationship with Hoyt. She is in to the supernatural that was why she knew Arlene was pregnant.

August 9, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  26. RS

OMG last night's episode was a blast ! I thought it sucked that Talbot had to die, but it happens. I loved the fight between Debbie and Sookie, and I loved Bill and Jessica coming to Sookie's rescue. But I truly loved the "father/daughter" bonding time between Bill and Jessica. It was a feel good moment that they were able to help each other when they needed it most. Of course I'm curious to know what power Lafayette is supposed to have, and I can't wait to find out what Sookie truly is. I really can't wait to see what Eric intends to do to Russell. That's got to be the showdown of the season, as Eric opens up a can of whoop ass on Russell. I heard on tv that the guy playing Alcide is going to be a regular, so that should be interesting. Hopefully he'll get to do more, instead of moping around over Debbie. I understand that losing your first love hurts (I've been there before), but the man needs to move on. And is it just me, or did the hot scene between Eric and Talbot make you need a cold shower ? Wow !

August 9, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Gloria

Eric is hot and so is Lafayette. But they both kissed me this episode (wow, I guess I have a thing for gay men). I want Eric to be king (do not kill him off – he needs to have vengence). Lafayette with eyes done up and hip way he handles things – has to have some magic in his blood. Sookie should have killed that b.... last night. Jessica is the girl. She fixed that werewolf real good (I guess she let him catch her after all, and then had a snack). I love true blood. I watch every episode twice. Too bad there are only 4 new episodes left. (But the good thing is, I can get rid of HBO on DEMAND).

August 9, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Kim

The worst scene was Eric with Talbot. I love Eric to death and seeing him kissing another man kind of put a damper on that. I mean, I knew it would eventually happen – face it, he's a vampire – but still. The best scene was Sookie and Bill going at it at the end. LOL, that was some good make up lovin. Also, I'm absolutely loving Jesus and Lafayette. That's so cute. What I'm getting absolutely TIRED of, is Tara's lip quivering crying scenes. Give it a rest – will she EVER go through an episode not crying about something or another?

August 9, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Natalee

I'm sorry the sight of two men kissing repulses you.

August 9, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Falfal

The sight of two men kissing obviously doesn't repulse her if she likes Jesus and Lafayette.

August 9, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tiff

I dont think it is the fact of 2 men kissing..

It is that she fantasizes about ERIC... I know I did after the scene of him doing that girl in his dungeon! So she doesnt want to think of HIM kissing men

August 15, 2010 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  29. CLester

Holly is a witch... hotshot people shift into panthers... if it follows the books.

August 9, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • N

Not everyone has read the books or cares to. Is this your first time on the Internet? Then in the future make sure you put "SPOILER ALERT" for other readers. Have some common courtesy.

August 9, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Dea

Yeah, I had wanted to wait to read the books after seeing True Blood, but now after so many people like to spoil things, I'm reading them now just so I won't be disapponted by others.

August 9, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Doug

The hottest part of the bit between Eric and Talbot was Eric's admission that he's been with other men!

August 9, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Caisandra

I'm not sure that Eric's implying that he had been with men was necessarily true, since he probably would have said anything to keep Talbot believing that they were going to carry on together. However, given his longevity, he has probably done it all.

August 9, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  31. BrianB

Aren't the books all from Sookie's perspective? I find Bill and Sookie to be the absolutely least interesting thing about the show. I can suspend my belief easier for vampires more easily then I can for Sookie's unrelenting stupidity.

August 9, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Marty

You are absolutely right! The books are in first person. Any scene that Sookie isn't in (most of them) never happened in the books. This show has a team of miracle workers that turned those horrible books into such a cool show. Also, has anyone who read the books noticed how fast we're flying through the key parts? We're approaching book 5 info. Maybe they're trying to speed through the remaining literature.

August 13, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Tiff

They are speeding through some things and haven't even mentioned others..

Sookie isn't quite so stupid in the books.. but let's remember guys.. she has NEVER been in a relationship before and she thinks she is in love.. we all act stupid in love sometimes

August 15, 2010 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  32. JOann

Seriously people, the books are so much better than the show!

August 9, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Natalee

No they aren't. Those books are unreadable.

August 9, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • DE

Get over it! I like the books, I've read them all. I still love the show. Yes sometimes I wish they would follow the orignal story line but I'm also glad when they don't (Lafayette). You can like both things even if they're slightly different.

August 9, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • BC

The books went WAY downhill after 4 (maybe 5). I'm glad Alan Ball is changing the storyline around.

August 9, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • AlphLake

You are so right about the books. I have read them all. I get a bit fustrated with how the TV series is going, but then again that happends with books made for TV. To everyone that watches the show you really would love the books more.

August 11, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tiff

I love both!
      They both have things in them that make you say "wait a minute" but that is fine.. its all fiction people.. it can be any thing and everything! That's what makes it so fun!

August 15, 2010 at 2:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Eileen

JOann, you are sooooo right!! Alan Ball does have a right to change the books somewhat...but...not the content of the characters...those are the the invention of Charlaine Harris and as far as I'm concerned they should be hers and hers alone to change...in the books, Sookie is a strong, moral, good person...the show has her a screaming, hand waving lunatic! Eric, his character has been completely changed and not in a good way....There are two sets of watchers of the show...the ones who didn't read the books and the ones who did....And the ones who did are the losers!

August 15, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  33. Brianb

I think Lafayette is just a powerful guy as humans would use the word: Self confident, able to handle himself, strong.

Speaking of Lafayette, remember that time Eric just disregarded the whole "invite me in thing" and stuck his head in Lafayette's window? If Eric could do that, why couldn't Russell in last nights episode?

I kind of hate seeing the Russell/Eric thing come to a head. Eric has been my favorite on this show the whole time, and Russell has become a close second this season. I wonder if this ends with Eric as the King of Louisiana?

August 9, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Kim

Eric didn't stick his head in Lafayette's window...he just stood outside his window talking to him until Lafayette invited him in. (At least it didn't look like his head was stuck in the window) YES...I think Eric will end up the King! That would be great!!

August 9, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  34. Darrin

I think this season's cliffhanger will either be Franklin getting to Tara or Bill becoming a villian. This is the 2nd episode in a row that had someone warning Sookie to stay away from Bill.

August 9, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Kim

I don't think Franklin will be getting back to Tara...simply because of Talbot complaining about not being able to get Franklin's brains out of the sheets. If he had to clean brain up, then that means he's positively dead...right??

August 9, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Helen

Kim,
      Remember when Tara and Alcide went to save Sookie and Bill in the slave quarters, Tara asked if Bill were dead. Picking up the gooey bits of what was left of Lorena, Sookie said that is what happens when a vampire meets their final death. Franklin did not become a pile of goo.

August 11, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Diana

What put a stake through my heart was the scene with Eric and Talbot.

August 9, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  36. Caitlin

You forgot to mention Lafayette and his mom! What do you think Jesus meant by Lafayette being powerful? Is he a supernatural being also? Maybe he has witch in his blood? Any thoughts?

August 9, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Jmaxx30

that would actually be super cool. Lafayette being a witch that is. Lafayette is a great character in this series, I would really like to see him more involved in the "action".

August 9, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Dea

Oooh! I forgot about that! I love Lafayette, so I'm glad to see him more.

August 9, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

I think there is something up with Lafayette! Remember when he first met Eggs? He could tell or sense right away that something was off about him. "Beautiful wolf in sheep’s clothing" is what he said. I think he could be supernatural too. Awesome

August 9, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • I want to be on the show

I think that Lafyette is a witch as well. I do also find it ironic that his lover is called "Jesus" considering all that is going on in the country about gay rights. Jesus loves the gays. Alan Ball is off the hook. Is it just me or is Alcide is hot as hell....

August 10, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tiff

Being a witch is a choice and an art... not born in...

August 15, 2010 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  37. BrianB

Really, even with his dispair on feelings Talbot's death, how long would it have actually taken him to kill Bill? A blink of an eye?

August 9, 2010 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |