Fresh meat on 'Jersey Shore'
August 9th, 2010

Fresh meat on 'Jersey Shore'

The more the merrier?

New “Jersey Shore” housemate Deena Nicole Cortese, 23, has joined the cast as they film new episodes in Seaside Heights. But the “chill” New Jersey native says she won’t be bringing any extra drama to the series… darn.

"I'm different because I'm just a personable person,” Cortese told MTV. “I don't take things to heart. People can make fun of me 'til the day I die and I will just take it in and be like, 'Yeah, you know what? Whatever.' I just don't care what people think and I think that's what everybody in the house loves about me.”

Cortese originally auditioned for season one - but, whether it was her poofless hair or lack of a creative nickname - she didn’t make the cut.

But according to her friend of two years, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi,  she’s a great addition to the cast.

"Not [just] anybody can survive in this house, and the fact that the first 24 hours that I brought her in ... everything was cool, I was like, 'All right, this is gonna be a good summer,' " Snooki told MTV.

Filed under: Jersey Shore • television

« Previous entry
  1. Not a Problem

I've watched this show since the start...and I must say that the first episode of Season 3 was probably the best episode yet. They all have their rolls down nicely and are making things work. The great thing about this show is that these folks are an authentic represenations of certain folks in suburban New York/New Jersey and Philly. I know...I grew up in suburban New York. I agree that the girls do come off as really trashy and shallow, but there's a lot of genuine feeling in the characters (especially the male characters who seem to be much more mellow and on the ball). Just enjoy the ride and have a good time. Life is far too short.

January 10, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Really?

Everytime I miss my 20's, this show reminds me that I'm not missing anything. Thanks crew.

August 12, 2010 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  3. Bangash

Just cant stop watching this show...its fun. However the two above are damn ugly.

August 11, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  4. Rabbi

OY, VEY !!!!

August 10, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Eric

Umm Fran, If you are going to talk about how dumb other people are for watching this show you should at least know how to spell "brains."

August 10, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  6. N

Okay, we're absolutely sure she's not a character from SNL, right? She's not trying to sell customized doorbells and alarm clocks? Alright, just checking.

August 10, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Stefanie

LOL.....loved the sketch.

she does look a lil funny....like an intentional comedy funny......but unfortunately, I don't think she means to look funny. She probably genuinely thinks she's hot. That tan is amazing though (sarcasm). I don't think I'll ever understand how people think being orange is a good look. I'm always amazed at how people leave the house thinking that orange is an OK color to have as a skin tone.

August 10, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. The Gorton's Fisherman

Hey Snookie, I can use you for fish bait..

August 10, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  8. FRAN

I barely got through 30 seconds of this train wreck of a show. What i want to know is who is their target audience?
    You have to have no brians be deaf dumb and blind to watch this show. Very sad indeed for anyone who watches this trash!

August 10, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Stefanie

Don't feel sad for me because I watch this show. I am neither deaf, dumb or blind and I have a brain. The 30 seconds you are referring to were probably the shots of the traffic, aerial views or the beach. Those scenes ARE really boring and it's just nonsense filler. If your attention span lasted a little longer, you might have witness amazing egos, terrific banter between castmates, 1 extremely large set of implants, a love story, and other great things.

Obviously, it must have intrigued you for a moment to take time out of your day to read an article about the show AND then to comment about it.

It's funny TV, that's it. No one actually thinks that these people are a reflection of the whole state of New Jersey. It's entertainment. If you don't like it, change the channel and don't read articles about things that you don't like.

August 10, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Dr. Mabuse

Just think: these people might procreate someday. What a nightmare.

August 10, 2010 at 5:59 am | Report abuse |
  10. lilo

another grenade on the show! hahaha

August 9, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  11. me + snookie & new girl

= Awsome 3-some

August 9, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Tina

Hahahaha classic S, LOL!!!!

August 9, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. s

Let's add another train wreck to the cast. That's a nasty looking tan. Is it still considered tanning if you turn orange?

August 9, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. troublednj

Shes just as ugly as that fat pig Snookie!!!! Go home swine!!!!

August 9, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |