Salahis were no shows at 'Housewives' premiere
August 6th, 2010

Salahis were no shows at 'Housewives' premiere

Michaele and Tareq Salahi weren’t present at the “Real Housewives of D.C.” premiere party last night, which was held at the Madison hotel in the District, but the other “Housewives” didn’t hold their tongues about the Salahis’ run-in with Whoopi Goldberg on "The View."

“Housewife” Mary Schmidt Amons said she’d had enough, and was ready to speak up Thursday night.

“I don’t think the Salahis are very good at saying ‘I’m sorry,’” she explained to CNN. “All I know [is] the accusations from the Salahi camp are erroneous and false. Whoopi was just trying to encourage her to get back on task.”

Schmidt Amons did acknowledge that Whoopi Goldberg wasn’t exactly a shrinking violet in the scenario. “I wouldn’t want to mess with [Goldberg],” she said. “It’s pretty much unprecedented. She’s tough.”

“Housewife” Lynda Erkiletian agreed. “You don’t mess with Whoopi,” she told CNN. “I love her, and I just said to myself thank you, thank you…”

So where was the social-climbing couple? “Apparently they have their own party,” Schmidt Amons said. “They’ve been very unpredictable about the past few days.”

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. Sherri

I SAW the video of Whoopi touching Salahi. There is no way in hell it could be perceived as hitting. I think Salahi just wants to sue someone and make more publicity for herself. It scares me that they got as far as the President at that party, without getting caught. Someone messed up big. I wish they would go away. Salahi, what kind of name IS that anyway? Anyone know?

August 7, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. xoffenderps

The Salahis are deluded. Michaele has this inflated sense of self and just thinks she should be famous because. Well we all know she is famous because she crashed the White House state dinner and that is it!! She wants everyone to move on and now that we know her we should just be wanting more.

Join our Facebook page: Tell the White House Party Crashers to Go Away http://www.facebook.com/WhiteHousePartyCrashers

August 6, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Lon

You don't have to live in a trailer and be poor to be WHITE TRASH!!!!!!!

August 6, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sharon M

I think they just go with whatever is happening so they can be on the spotlight.. Looking at the show she has been and done everythng that someone else does.. I am in Healthcare and she probably has been a doctor or going to a doctor dinner. I am sure she was not invited to the WHITE HOUSE and to the BLACK Caucus Party.. I think she is really Crazy and he is too...And I probably would have done the same thing, (I would have) also like the ladies on the VIEW,, I love them all even Elizabeth .. But WHOOPIE and JOY B are my GIRLS.. Love Yo...

August 6, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Judy

They crash the white house party and the come crashing into our homes by appearing on this reality show!! Dont blame no one else but bravo for allowing such a pathetic couple on the show!

August 6, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. AustinBaby

Stupid rich people who only think of themselves and how to get famous when they have no talent what so ever.....but those other "housewives" are not any better. Just go away. These shows are dumbing down our nation.

August 6, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

They'll go away once people like us stop wanting to read about them.

August 6, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Liza

The Salahis should stop playing victim - they both stink !!

August 6, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Moe

And why do we even care about the Salahis?

August 6, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Because people like you (and me) click on these articles about them, thus demonstrating a degree of caring about them. See how that works? You're part of the problem, Moe.

August 6, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Just a thought

I think these people are kind of pathetic...but after watching The View, it came across like all the ladies had taken the Salahis attendance to the White House party personally...I highly doubt that they were able to get through numerous rounds of security, Secret service officers and planners without having some semblance of an invite or name on some list. If anything it makes the White House STAFF look ridiculous. You can't throw a piece of gum wrapper on the ground of Pennsylvania avenue without someone checking it out for explosives...Salahis aren't that smart to have crashed a White House party collectively between the both of them. Secret Service- FAIL.

For any of the Real Housewives to be mocking or condemning the actions of a fellow "actor" is the ultimate example of the pot calling the kettle black. Wasn't Mary the one name dropping who her neighbors were on the first episode of RHDC? --

From this side of the fence, life on 'Normal ave.' in "Real World, USA" seems pretty sweet!

August 6, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. sthomas

God forbid they show up to a party they're actually invited to.

August 6, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jamie

These people should go away. They are pretty pathetic the way they find ways to slime their way into the news (oh and events).

August 6, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ariel

I heard they were at the EFN lounge. $25 for regular admission. This event was not organized by them, rather by some dude named Howard (editor of some magazine I never heard of before). So there, that's where they were.

August 6, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |