'Jersey Shore': Promoting a 'grenade-free America'
August 6th, 2010

'Jersey Shore': Promoting a 'grenade-free America'

Last night’s episode of “Jersey Shore” was packed with enough one-liners and drama to keep us buzzing for the better part of Friday morning, but it still fell flat.

Why? Two words: Ronnie and Sammi.

Not that we don’t care about the star-crossed couple’s drama - it’s just that watching The Situation and Pauly D “creep” on grenades is so much more entertaining. Speaking of grenades... move over GTL (Gym, Tan, Laundry), there's a new acronym in town. GFA: Grenade-Free America. Nice.

Last night’s episode opened as the boys arrived home from their first night out in Miami. Ronnie –- who made some very nice female friends at the club -– decided it would be a good idea to hop in bed with Sammi. (You know you’re making poor life decisions when The Situation doesn’t approve of your choices.)

The next morning, after climbing out of bed with his ex-girlfriend, Ronnie proceeded to ask the boys what he did the night before. Claiming he doesn’t remember a thing, he casually asked if he engaged in a three-way kiss at the club.

Meanwhile, the girls – minus Angelina – head over to a sex shop so JWoww could buy some “going-out clothes.” Hmm…

After Snooki purchased a pair of $395 sunglasses that she can’t see through, they head back to the house.

In more Ronnie and Sammi news: Sammi went through Ronnie’s phone book and found his (other) ex-girlfriend’s number. She freaked out. They fought. They made up. They told each other they still have feelings for one another. Sammi went with Ronnie to get his tattoo. He was grateful. Moving on…

How much longer is Angelina going to last on the show? And, more importantly, who are all these people who keep calling her?

Side note: I Loved it when Snooki answered the phone, “No, she died.” Immature? Perhaps. Hilarious? Yes.

And despite the fact that the cast makes more money per episode than any Miami gelato shop we think could ever afford to pay an employee, they will be working this season.

Kind of excited to see how that plays out.

What did you think of the “Shore?”

Post by:
Filed under: Jersey Shore • TV recaps

« Previous entry
  1. Alden Contino

Da show is groovy and Dick cohen is the Donald Trump of Philadelpahia.

November 5, 2010 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mandy

Oh, and by the way totally agree with "ugh" I want JWOWW to rock Angelina's world!! Haha

August 17, 2010 at 3:22 am | Report abuse |
  3. Mandy

This show whether people like to admit it or not is the shyt! I love it! So entertaining! I'm hooked. Pauly D is hot! Hate that Ronnie and Sammie are doing the relationship thing have fun that's what it's all about, but they are my least favorite anyways!

August 17, 2010 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  4. setry

TV online

August 13, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  5. lovingtheshore

I love, love, love this show. The Situation, Pauly D and Vinny are so HOT!!!!! Awesome show guys! Looking forward to Thursday night!!

Canada loves Guidos!!!

August 10, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  6. big

Someone should kick SUCCKYS ASS

August 6, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ugh

Angelina = gross. She shouldn't be on that show. I hope JWOWW kicks her ass.

August 6, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. SaintPetersburg

T-Shirt time!!! haah..Amazing episode. This is the shirt BEFORE "THE SHIRT." T Shirt time...purple...or yellow?

man, there's no way you can script this kind of entertainment..these kids are so spontaneous.

I agree though Ron and Sam are so predictable. Get them away from each other, they just like the allure of being in a relationship and fighting all the time, its so annoying.

August 6, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. gwiz

Wow Mo!! Going shirtless and wearing saggy pants is what's messing up America?? . I also wasnt aware Jersey Shore was causing the farmers to go broke either. How disrespectful!! Guess i will boycott the show, can I still fist pump or will that end the world????

August 6, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • N

Really, it all comes back to Obama.
      Obama started the tanning tax, guidos have to stop tanning so they use spray tans, the spray tans affect the Ozone Layer, the Ozone Layer's destruction triggers global warming, global warming ruins crops, without crops the farmers go broke.
      OBAMA

August 6, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mo

This show is a snippit of whats wrong with America. These people make me sick. You want to know whats wrong with the younger generations? take a good look at them. Pull up your pants and put a shirt on. No body knows what respect is anymore. These kids are making thousands an episode while the backbone of america, the farmer, is going broke. I can't wait till they realize what "reality" is.

August 6, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • N

Sounds like someone needs a margarita.

August 6, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Youtharethefuture?

I agree with you Mo! This show is f'ing waste of time and the farthest thing from 'reality'. Nothing but a bunch of dbags who are about as intelligent as a dead moth.

August 6, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • MTV RULES MY LIFE

go die moe. seriously..

August 6, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. D-Bone

Odly enough even though a show like this aint my style cause im not one for reality shows but it has grown on me. Although the fame has gone to alot of thier heads etc. its still entertaining to see whats going to happen this season. I like this season better than last already. I can also relate to Ronnie and Sammies situation in many ways with my recent ex.

August 6, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • D-Bone

oh and by the way, i think sammie is totally hot and had the sweetest personality! If things dont work out with Ronnie, ill take her out! lol

August 6, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Barf Bucket

I just took a crap and it looked like Snooki..

August 6, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. JSFAN

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!! I laugh out loud watching it. I was so hoping JWOWW would punch Angelina OUT! I hope that coming soon! She needs to GO!!!!!!

August 6, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Nicole

OMG Love the show! Makes for a boring day interesting. Make as much money as you can!! Stay true to yourself!

August 6, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Valie

It's hard to remember what life was like before Jersey Shore.

I freakin' love this show!

August 6, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  16. SmarterthanU

The girls are totally out of shape. Imagine them all in 20 years. My money says fat, cellulite, bad skin, a few STD's or major plastic surgery. They don't put on make-up, it's more like CAKE-UP.

Miami is full of hot women......WHO LET THE DOGS OUT!!!???

August 6, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. timothy

this show makes me laugh (:

August 6, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Lorelei

...admitting I have a problem...I LOVE THESE CHARACTERS!!!

August 6, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Cornqueen

White Trash big mouths have never been so interesting. They make me feel sooo happy not to be like them I cant stop watching!

August 6, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  20. smootheelishus

30 year old milf. i grew up on mtv. i love anything bubble gum pop, especially reality tv. i watched last night's new episode on the eliptical machine at the gym. thatz the only way to properly do it. while getting super fine. anyway. last night rocked. the cast earns every single penny they make on that show. they have the BEST drama. itz not just drama. and it doesnt matter if i watch it with the volume on or off (my earbud was seriously sucking last night). its the body language. the facial expressions. the way they move. the chemistry. the swagger. its the stuff you see and hear about them off the show - sure snooki has been called an orange oompa loompa and mike has been referred to as a don knotts on steroids. but they dont give a what and i dont either. they work the hell outta showbiz, showbiz isnt working them. their personalities rock. the ladies are slammin. and i could sooooo watch mike, ron and pauly take their shirts off and on and off and on and off and on for hours. THANKS GUYS. xoxoxoxoxoxo

August 6, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Fredico

Snooki gimme crabs and I passed them on to the Situation. Dude, we still cool? Oh, you don't want to bring that up?

August 6, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  22. oneshot36

DJ Pauly D is the man..what is goin' to happen to angelina now?

August 6, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  23. RG

Love the rosarie necklace on Paulie D. Luxury Laces rosarie goes great with that GTL look.

August 6, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  24. Pat

Best show ever put on tv. Period! Pump up the beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 6, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • DJPAULYD

Thats right pat. I like yo style. We pump it hard everynight, aien't that right sitch?

August 6, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  25. noah

wow is she unattractive. yikes.

August 6, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • The Situation

You asking for some haterade too? maybe some pickles under your bed so it stinks like pickles in your room...that's a dose of haterade

August 6, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • N

Don't hate on my girl Snooks.

August 6, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  26. JD

I connt believe people watch this show... It's a sad world we live in!

August 6, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • The Situation

Sounds like you need a nice cold glass of haterade....in the form of cheese under your bed so it stinks up your room...that's a dose of haterade

August 6, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  27. Vinny

What was your name again hunny?

August 6, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  28. Ronnie

N, did we make out. I think we did.

August 6, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  29. N

I just love these people. Love them. They're absolutely fascinating.

August 6, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • The Situation

hey N, how ya doin'....you ain't no grenade hiding behind that monitor right? i'm promoting a grenade free internet

August 6, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • N

I promise, Sitch, no grenades here. ;)

August 6, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • @N

Maybe a couple of landmines here though. I'll give it to you though, they are quite entertaining!!!

August 6, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • N

The landmines definitely bring the LOLs.

August 6, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |