Mary Hart to exit 'Entertainment Tonight'
August 5th, 2010

Mary Hart to exit 'Entertainment Tonight'

Anyone else feel like it’s the end of an era?

“Entertainment Tonight” host Mary Hart has decided that she’ll take her leave from the entertainment news program at the conclusion of its 30th season, which premieres September 13, 2010.

Hart, who has been working for “ET” since 1982, said in a statement, “I only meant to be at 'ET' for three years, suddenly it's almost 30! I've reached a point when I clearly realize it's time for a change.”

She added, “There are many things I want to do in my life and I'd better get on with them. It will certainly be with mixed sentiments that I say 'goodbye' at the end of the season, but it will definitely be with a sense of celebration.”

No decision yet on who will replace Hart. Is there anyone who you think could, or should, fill her shoes once she leaves?

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. jensen

HOORAY...mary hart is a big A hole and dines at the sarah palin table of lunacy...she kisses palin's adoubleS big time and its great that she is no longer on the air...in this case it is true the bleach has damaged her brain beyond repair

January 3, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Craig

What happened to Jann Carl?! She is gorgeous and a class act and would be a perfect replacement for Mary having hosted the show hunderds of times herself. She would also give the show some much needed substance for a change! Samantha Harris is about as fun to watch as old people eating.

September 8, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Miami Vice Beard & Sleeves

I thought that show went off the air 20 years ago but I so would have done Mary Hart in 1985.

August 31, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Geek

Her time has passed and she is replaceable with lots of bunnies in the wing.

August 30, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Ima Woofer

Sad to hear about Mary Fart.

August 27, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  6. Me

Did I see where someone use the words; compelling and professional journalism in the same sentence as ET. That is just plain wrong.

August 22, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Beverly Ward

Samantha Harris should replace Mary Hart
    She is flawless

August 10, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mark

I could care less about the goings-on of Lindsey Lohan, Lady Gag-me, or Justin Beaker.
    I agree with Ted that Entertainment Tonight is a waste of time.
    As for Mary Hart's departure; god bless and good luck. After 30 years hosting that show I would take the money and leave too.

August 6, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  9. Ted

The show is a worthless half hour of reporting on the trashiness and most spoiled people in the world.
    I don't care about anyone they talk about, Hollywood so called stars are some sad bunch of overpaid
    non-educated people. I hope the show goes off the air along with all other reality trash. I flip to another channel as soon as I seen the ET slogan.

August 6, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  10. Uncle Joe

For someone about to turn 60, Mary Hart is still damn good looking. And she is smart to leave on her own accord rather that stick around and wait to be fired.

As for all of you Mary Hart detractors, I'm sure she's laughing all the way to the bank counting her millions while you folk are getting your TV dinners warmed up so you can watch some mindless show on TV....like Entertainment Tonight.

August 6, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  11. MickeyMudTurtle

Good for Mary! It's time for her to do other things.

August 6, 2010 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  12. re

who the **** cares, whoever watches this show should be put to death by a firing squad IMHO. thank you for your time.

August 5, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Paul

I can tell you why she's doing this. She turned...Just look at her! Way past her time to retire...

August 5, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jack

Good riddance. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

August 5, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jack

It's about time. A long overdue move. She was the main reason I stopped watching ET.

August 5, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Maynard

Good riddens Mary – I never cared much for your reporting and I sure as heck never liked ET.

August 5, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  17. loretta Goldstein

She will be missed.

August 5, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Marc

It's about time! (and who cares, by the way?) Bubble gum news.

August 5, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Gregg Brady

Goodbye you fat wash up pig

August 5, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Robert Haas

I saw Mary Hart during an early visit to Kansas City, as she walked through the lobby of the hotel where she was staying.There was a genuine glow about her, and she wore the most truly real and honest smile of any celebrity that I have ever met. There was no theater, nor pretense, nor self ego about her. She was absolutely interested in meeting her fans. She was generous with her soul. Robert Haas

August 5, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  21. How about Elisabeth Hasselbeck

She needs something that is more in line with her level of intelligence....just like ET.

August 5, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Johnjon

I always try to watch this show maybe once a month. When Mary is hosting, I can stomach her for maybe 30 seconds and the t.v. goes "off". This is one of the happiest days of my life.

August 5, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Rita

Maybe now that Ellen Degeneres is freed up from American Idol, she'll take Mary's place.

August 5, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Wei

I watched her show a couple of times in the late 80s and decided that it would be a waste of time for me If I continued watching.

August 5, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  25. DLJ

Talk about something that was WAY OVERDUE. This should have happened at least 10 years ago. Of course in the grand scheme of things it hardly matters considering that ET is the DUMBEST show in the history of the universe.

August 5, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  26. kazz

who's she?

August 5, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  27. cameron fox

Thank you very much Mary Hart for all those fake smiles, the fake laughter, and the over the top enthusiasm that came across as fake. Sayonora sweetheart! Good riddance! For all those offended by the remarks made against Mary, try to pick up the pieces and move on.

August 5, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  28. PA from California

As long as is not Samantha Harris......... I can't stand her. I stopped watching Dancing with the Start because of her and I will stop watching ET because of her.

August 5, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  29. CJ from Austin

It should be Cat from E's D10!

August 5, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  30. GhostHunter

Hmmm, Lil Jon has done an awesome job subbing in as host on TMZ. Give Mary Hart's job to Lil Jon!

August 5, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  31. lrc

I agree with the one before me. Samantha Harris is the reason I stopped watching DWTS last year. She is a twig and annoying. There are certainly more to choose from besides her.

August 5, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Bruce

I didn't realize ET had seasons since there are never any reruns and it runs year round.

August 5, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  33. GhostHunter

Can't stand Mary Hart and I'm glad she's on her way out. Samantha Harris is just in dire need of a few dozen doughnuts. That girl is a stick and is soooo fake. She was the same way on DWTS. Very annoying!!!

August 5, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  34. A

Man, It's about time. Is she going to take her wax double too ?

August 5, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Mike

Brook Roberts formerly of GEMSTV and now JTV would be fantastic!

August 5, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Noel

Oops...just saw a recent pic of Deborah....child birth was not good to those hips.....next.

August 5, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Dane

She will be hard to replace. She has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember.

August 5, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Noel

Praise Jesus....Mary is hitting the road. Bring on Deborah Norville fro ET Tonight....always thought she was hot, hot, hot!

August 5, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Char

Mary puts the S in style and the G in grace. Will miss her.

August 5, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Gezus

/Yawn

August 5, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Hanora

I agree with Gary. I can't stand Samantha Harris! I used to mute the TV when she would talk on Dancing with the Stars. Her voice is very annoying.

August 5, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Regina

I knew her retirement was coming soon. These tv entertainment shows target young audiences and when wrinkles and droopy neck skin start to appear, it is time to exit. Barbara Walters and Joan Rivers are extreme examples of what it is like for a tv personality to stay "too long at the fair". Their faces looks like department store mannequins. They can barely open their mouths wide enough to speak. Maybe Mary Hart sees that in her futire is she continues on ET. Working with young people daily when you get older makes you more aware of your age and how you look. I speak from experience on this subject. I am now retired and enjoy being with my "peer" group.

August 5, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Erick

Maybe her neck can stay to give us all the juicy gossip on celeb nip-and-tucks. yikes!

August 5, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Brooke

Good luck and Godspeed Mrs. Hart. You will be missed

August 5, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Judy

Being the wife of producer Bert Sugarman cemented Mary in that seat for nearly 30 years. The legs helped a lot. however, now she needs another facial surgery, which will put her in the joan rivers group. Too bad when women have to be judged on their looks.......

August 5, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  46. CANUCK CHUM

At least she know when to retire. As she follows Larry King in retirement.

August 5, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  47. your father

mary hart is the worst kind of female mercenary there is...from day one, she's always used her legs, her pvssy and her fake, upbeat personality to get anywhere she wanted to go in life. she set the worst possible example for american women, especially those working in the media to follow...and followed they have. by the legion, with their fake b00bs, their fake lips, their fake eyes, fake nails, and fake airbrushed glamor photos.

thanks mary, for making america a worse place then when you found it, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

August 5, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Steven Harper

I'd still hit that...

August 5, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Renegade

There are a lot of us out here, who will definitely miss Ms. Hart. I am a 50 year old African American women who have watched Entertainment Tonight since it first appeared on TV with John Tesh. I'm grateful that she stayed as long as she did. Another part of my past that I'll surely miss and treasure! Thank You, Ms. Mary Hart for your professional and beautiful clothes that you have worn on the show. Have a great life and enjoy your future! You future is still so bright, that you will need shades!

August 5, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  50. amac

*YAWN*

August 5, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Mel.

Just read on another site that Lara Spencer will be taking Mary Hart's place. I've stopped watching most of those shows as they've gotten "tabloidy". That's why Nancy O'Dell left Access Hollywood. With the Internet, most of the stories on TV are outdated by the time they air anyway. LOL

August 5, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Sheer Nylon Pantyhose

Now we all know who should replace her. Lady of the Year: Ms. Betty White!

August 5, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  53. sakefatcat

well that's 20 minutes I'll never get back.

August 5, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  54. larry wi

She has legs that go all the way from the ground to heaven.

August 5, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  55. bmsvds

Nancy O'Dell.

August 5, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Ded

30 years... wow! That's got to be the record for the longest running show that I've never, ever watched.

August 5, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Chuck

Thank god. Now I can enjoy ET even more without having to see MH do another Osmond family story.

August 5, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  58. invisible

Thank God shes leaving.

August 5, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Too Much Yadda Yadda Yadda

It's getting harder and harder to keep those legs in that position. She's too old for this crappy, "in your face" show. Try something respectable next time.

August 5, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  60. T

Sorry to hear about her leaving, I remember watching it back in '82
    and watching off and on thru the '80s and to the early '90s.
    Too bad "ET" ended up a trashy tabloid show getting so far way from what it was in the beginning, definitely time to leave this "show".
    Best of luck, Mary !

August 5, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Bunny

I always liked Mary Hart. She was a classy lady. Don't really like Samantha Harris. If she would wear some clothes and cover those bony arms and shoulders. And definitely not Melissa Rycroft. I can't stand that wining voice of hers. How about Lindsey Lohan. She'll need a job come September. And she loves Hollyweird gossip. Best wishes to Mary.

August 5, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Kweku

Which of them would U? Mary or Samantha? :-)

August 5, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  63. dave

i justed pooped a little

August 5, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Debbie

Loved Mary (class act) - Can't stand Samantha Harris...I was so glad she was off of Dancing with the Stars only to find her on E.T. shortly thereafter....AGGHHH!!!!!!!

August 5, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Horton Hears A Who Cares

I gave up on Entertainment Tonight after the death of Anna Nicole Smith. They ran that story for what seemed like ten months straight for the entire air time.

August 5, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Jodi

Please do not replace here with that fake @$$ Samantha Harris or whatever it is. Did you see that dumb interview with Brett Michaels....I was embarrassed for her!

August 5, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Elizabeth

I have enjoyed Mary Hart doing the reporting on ET through the years,as,for her replacement,I was thinking on JanCarl .

August 5, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Candy

Please, not Samantha Harris. Melissa Rycroft Strickland would be nice. Kate Gosselin wouldn't be bad either. She can't dance, but I think her reporting is actually quite good. Erin Andrews, ok. I really think Tanith Belbin would be great.

August 5, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Keith

I think Ann Coulter should replace her!

August 5, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  70. jurby

I wish ET would clean up it's act. I'm tired of seeing ET spend weeks on, if not months on end, talking about Michael Jackon, Mel Gibson, Chelsea Clinton, Tiger Woods (and his oodles of mistresses that ET felt were so very necessary to interview each and every one and show those interviews for weeks and weeks and weeks), Jessie James, etc. I'm quite frankly at the point that I'm sick of ET stretching things out for weeks, if not months, on end. The Insider is just as bad as it just repeats everything ET has just shown and also, just like ET, milks it as much as possible all the while claiming "you've been asking for...". C'mon ET and Insider – give us something fresh instead of dragging things on forever!

August 5, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Betty

I agree with jurby...the program needs to be revamped.When ET came out first,it was really goodthey used to have a segment on called Where are they now?...they did a take on Constance Ford who played Ada McGowan on Another World,it was interesting to hear what some of our favourite actor/actresses did after they left a particular show,and what their next project they were going to do....nothing personal,just work wise,not like what they are today.

August 5, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Carol

I wish Mary the best. I would HATE to see Samantha Harris replace her-she does not have the polish and class that Mary has. Either you have it or you don't and she does NOT! There are so many talented people who could do a better job than Samantha! Nicey Nash & Cojo. Betty White & Cloris Leachman could be "special correspondents". There are many talented people on CNN, People Magazine who know the industry and would do a great job.

August 5, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Stephen - NYC

I watched the show way back when. Once it started becoming a tabloid rag I stopped. I don't recall which happened first: the tabloid problem or having every piece of information having a corporate john attached to it. I despise naming rights, so telling me the birthday of the day as 'the blankety-blank birthday today is Harrison Ford' ticks me off.
    And nowadays, I can get all the gossip I desire (which, truth be told, is not that much) from online sources. I never watch reality or award shows either. (When the Oscars went to that corporate john theater, I gave up even caring who was nominated for an Oscar, since I then knew I would never watch the show).
    Someone said Nancy Grace was terrible to listen to. Add me to the list of people who agree with that.

August 5, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  73. laurahdet

Mary, you've aged gracefully and you are still a beauty. I cant' wait to see what you do next.

August 5, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Mageen in Old Virginny

Erin Andrews, the reporter from ESPN.

August 5, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  75. BW

Word has it that Jenna Jameson is replacing her.

August 5, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  76. sunshine state

I loved watching ET back in the 80's. There were no programs like it especially in Oklahoma! However, over the years it's gotten a little stale. Please don't have Amanda Harris host....here voice sound so weird and forced. She needs a new voice coach.

August 5, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  77. robin

I'll miss Mary – she's really good with people. I think Ali, the bacholorette, should replace her!!!

August 5, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Jan

Thank God! Stopped watching this program BECAUSE of her, can't stand her, her voice makes me cringe. We'd turn the station soon as we saw or heard her. Didn't ET realize how many people can't stand this woman? Now maybe they will get more viewers when she's gone. I might even watch again!

August 5, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  79. John Fullerton

Fianlly. her fake smile and horrible reporting. She should have been gone one week after she started. She sucks!!!!!!!!!!

August 5, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  80. GREGG BARDY

tHANK gOD SHE'S LEAVING. sHE'S FAT AND HAS TO BE THE BIGGEST KISS ASS IN THE INDUSTRY

August 5, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  81. BW

Maybe they can bring back the "blonde frankenstein" to replace her.

August 5, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  82. James

Mary, take ET with you, and all those other similar shows as well. In a similar vein, I have always wonder how men can lower themselves to host these gossip celeb shows. When I see one of them gush over a 'star' I just want to throw up and throw a brick through the TV....has anybody ever seen SCTV paraodies on these shows...Priceless.

August 5, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Greg

What about Erin Andrews? She's got the legs and I hear she's looking for another job.

August 5, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Mike

While I couldn't care less about this, I love that someone said it was a "senseless story". It's in the 'Entertainment' section and it's about 'Entertainment Tonight'! It's actually a completely sensible story considering that. Words mean things.

August 5, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  85. marie t

Don't let the door hit ya in the A#& on the way out!

August 5, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Marilyn

That is the BEST news; I kind of liked her at first all those years ago but she became one of those over the top nicey,nicey Pollyana's whose laugh seemed so fake; and can anybody's mouth get any bigger than hers when she talks? I also agree that E.T. became nothing more than a tabloid show; some stories had nothing to do with entertainmant and boy can they beat a story to death!

August 5, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Gus

How about Whoopi Goldberg

August 5, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Pantyhose

I don't watch entertainment info programs on any network. This type of program has had its run. However, if a production company wants to give Rhona Barrett a platform then I'm all eyes and ears. That woman gave good dirt. Loved her on Good Morning America.

August 5, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Marie

It's about time!

August 5, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  90. John

Maybe if they had chicks in Bikini's I would watch it, maybe even Mary Hart in a Bikini.

August 5, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Caesar

How about cancel the show? It's mindless crap.

August 5, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  92. tim

How about Kate Gosselin

August 5, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  93. darlene d

I had a feeling something was up with Mary Hart when she wasn't on the show as much. I thought she may have a serious illness and wanted time away or a contract problem came up. I liked her and will miss her when she leaves. I say bring back Leeza Gibbons or Jann Carl. Nancy O'Dell would be a great addition to the show as well. No on Samantha Harris. I didn't like her on DWTS and I don't like her on ET.

August 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Scootsy

Yea, she had fap legs in the 80's

August 5, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Ann

Mary Hart is and was a class act. I always thought she was sincere and natural on camera. Nancy O'Dell would be a good replacement or even Deborah Norville. I hope ET goes back to more of what it used to be.....it's changed over the years and it seems more like a tabloid type show.

August 5, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Kim

I'm not a fan of Samantha Harris. She needs a haircut. That hair is too big for her body!
    Sorry...

August 5, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Chris

ET is 6 minutes of content stretched out over 30, with all the ads, promos, coming nexts, recaps and credits. I can't stand it, haven't watched a full show in years – it can be mildly distracting during commercials breaks for the program I am actually watching. I liked Mary Hart when it started, but she has definitely held on too long, and the weird plastic surgery has just made her odd-looking instead of young. I hope she has a nice retirement.

August 5, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Joanne R.

I think Nancy O'Dell would be perfect for Mary's position.

August 5, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Shawna

I will surely miss Mary Hart.........BUT Robin Mead of HLN CNN headline news in Atlanta would be FANTASTIC!! She is witty, and beautiful :)

August 5, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  100. GozieBoy

Back when I was a young pup in OK City many years ago, Mary was the hostess on "The Danny Williams" mid-day local show. She was cool then, but then she went to Hollywood and hooked up with a big money guy who gave her this job as a present. She should have stayed in OKC and kept cool, rather than try to be all glamorous and end up fat and an embarrassment.

August 5, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  101. blstheone

It's been time for her to leave the show a VERY LONG TIME AGO! Hopefully they will replace her with someone who has a fun personality – the show had become boring and stale over the last year and I stopped watching it. Good luck, Mary in your future endeavors!

August 5, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  102. holy sheep dip

is that pudgy white dude with the big afro still co-hosting with her? i stopped watching this tripe back in 1980, so i've kind of long touch with the show.

August 5, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Greg

That woman that was having seizures at the sound of Mary Hart's voice must be happy about this news.

August 5, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Trezenia

I'm happy she's exiting the show, everyone is getting tired of the same old face, the same goes for
    Barbara Walters, I would suggest Ali from the Bachelorette, or Jessica Simpson. We need young blood &
    someone with a nice smile.

August 5, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Super Sarge

ET is nothing more than trash television and there so-called reportors are second rate at best

August 5, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  106. M

I was not aware ET still aired, but I wish her all the best!

August 5, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Okcg

Lindsey Lohan will be looking for work in a few months... and, the schedules might be a match! It appears to be a night-job... when LiLo likely does most of her playing around town!

Mary is a lovely person... if all women were as attractive and cheerful, this would be a beautiful world!

August 5, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Marvin Futzmucher

All the "news" that isn't news. Time to cancel ET and ALL its spinoffs, especially the one on CNN.

August 5, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  109. erm

Thank god! The producers at ET must be so happy that old bag is retiring. Let's get somebody hot to look at!

August 5, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  110. @ Sean H

Sarah would just quit before the season was over.

August 5, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  111. mrkt22

Good Riddance you old bag.
    I never liked her from day one.
    The constant grin on her face was always sooo fake. I was wondering ten years ago why she's not leaving. I guess as the years went by she finally came to realize that she's getting fatter and uglier by the day.
    Time to move on mary.

August 5, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Okcg

And you're "better-half" is a Beauty Queen? If we only knew for sure!

August 5, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Jackson

What is Paige Davis up to these days....she may be the only one to out-perky Mary Hart.

August 5, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Sean H

Sarah Palin as a replacement?

August 5, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  114. APity

This is a sad day for useless journalism. I guess I'll have to replace it with CNN farticles. That is my opinion.

August 5, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  115. mcat

It's hilarious when these people decide to 'persue other interests". Translation- She's old and heavy and her contract was not renewed. Period. ET is looking for youth.

August 5, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Emily

What about Thea Andrews? Her interviews on ET were excellent.

August 5, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  117. almxx

Gee, I hope they continue to give us this important news.

August 5, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  118. PoorSpecimen

She must finally be exhausted from holding that toothy smile all the time (even when she's talking).
    I tried it and it hurt after only a couple of minutes – what an athlete she is.
    How about just putting a set of those wind-up chattering teeth on the chair!!

August 5, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Sandra

I think she is about 5 years a little late in retiring. She always seemed like a class act to me, but the last few years ET has sensationalized most of their stories! Back when it started, it simply reported what was going on in the entertainment world. Now it tries to spin entertainment stories plus meddle in other matters. Examples, they gave more credence in the very beginning to Howard Stern (Anna Nicole's attorney) than they should have -we're going to find out which was our belief all along that HE KILLED HER. The same with Bristol Palin's sleazy, on and off again boyfriend, Eli. They kept him in the news for about a month following him on all his Hollywood jaunts rather than bud out of their relationship or at least give some sympathy to Bristol. I have sensed that Mary Hart does not like that kind of broadcast journalism and she wanted OUT! I was beginning to think she was going to the DARK SIDE!!!

August 5, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Craig

She's wasn't going to the Dark Side. She was just going to the BANK!

August 5, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Mike

Can't believe so many people are dissing Samantha Harris. I think she does a fine job, and oh by the way, she is unbelievably hot!!

August 5, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Not

You must be married to her. She is nice looking but as dumb as a hammer.

August 5, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  121. keep it coming

the hateful comments on this board make my nips tingle

August 5, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  122. charlie potje

I would be perfect for the job!My name is Charlie Potje you can find me on FB.Let me know what you think.

August 5, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Al

What else can Mary Hart do? She's a talentless, leather windbag, lucky to be employed for so long, without having to do any real work. Her leaving ET is like a dairy cow that gets tired of making milk...next stop, slaughterhouse. Have a nice life, you star-effer.

August 5, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  124. ALME

Does anyone remember Shape Up with Mary Hart? I loved Mary Hart and her aerobic workouts back in the day...

August 5, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • ungh!

yes, i was doing my aerobic workouts watching her back in the day...with my right hand

August 5, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  125. yikes77777777

i thought she got aids and died. wishful thinking.

August 5, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  126. wandrel

How about Melissa Rycroft!

August 5, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sandy

Not that Melissa again. She's had her mug on every station possible already. She and that other heavy set girl - Marissa something or other - from Dancing with the Stars a few seasons back are just plain annoying and have already had way too much TV time. But I do like the idea of Erin Andrews - or how about Cheryl Burke, if she has the time?

August 5, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  127. James

Without ET, how would we stay informed on the entourages of deceased megastars like Anna Nicole Smith twelve years after they're dead and gone???... Is that fresh air I smell? Better close a window.

August 5, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • star athletic who picked on you in high school

too bad your insights are in the minority. you must feel like an exile within your own culture. here's a gun...you know what to do.

August 5, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  128. boocat

Every time I see Mary Hart I always think of that classic Seinfeld episode where Kramer would have convulsions when he watched her....hysterical!!!!

August 5, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Patrick Ryan

Please...not Samantha Harris.

August 5, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Timme62

WOW...she's still alive.

August 5, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Concerned fan

As long as it isn't Samantha Harris or Lara Spencer. Those two are horrible! When either of them are on tv, I press the mute button...

August 5, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Stuart Hellinger

Mary Hart is a class act. Lara Spencer from "The Insider" should replace her and they should move Samantha Harris back to that show. Ms. Spencer would bring the same level of class to ET that Ms. Hart has.

August 5, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Eric

Too little, too late. She should have left a few years ago. The show is nothing more than a tool for the publicity agents now. It used to report entertainment new when it was news. Now it perpetuates meaningless information trying to make it news. What makes it even worse is the celebs themselves get right in there to give their "exclusive" interviews.

There was a time when she had journalistic talent, but that was lost some time ago. She should have exited when she still had it.

August 5, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Ted

Bye Mary. The show used to be better. One of the worst edited shows on air now IMHO. They show a 5 second clip about 10 times, and when it finally gets to that story, they will show a few seconds more.

August 5, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • in b4 obvious

because that's what nerdy little jews with MBAs think you want...they have market studies to back them up and everything!

August 5, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  135. HChaudhry

I can only hope Entertainment Tonight exits television soon after.

August 5, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Flo

Thank goodness....so tired of the Mary Hart "Look at Me" show. If you notice she uses the words "I and me and my" waaaay too much. Think it time for someone new and less annoying!

August 5, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • superior to you

those are typical female traits, actually...don't think dingbat mary owns the market on self-absorbion

August 5, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Jerry P

What about Betty White as a replacement? They are about the same age, right?

August 5, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  138. LisaH

OH No! I love Mary. How about that chick that is there everyday. She kind of looks like Mary. I don't know her name.

August 5, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Tiffany

How do I apply?

August 5, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Rere

Please no Samantha Harris......Nancy Odell or Erin Andrews would be great

August 5, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Rod

What about Betty White....she's younger and prettier.

August 5, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Geri Blackford

Mary Hart would be a classy addition to add to the view and take away Sherri as they sure need some class now.!!!
    No, Samatha, please!!!!

August 5, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  143. byron

Think Mary really changed throughout the show, metamorphasized into a more natural being.
    I came to like Mary on the show
    30 years is a good run, and i dont believe anybody could match that longevity which speaks to her appeal and craft

All you naysayers, go get a job or do something useful – the old adage if you dont have anything good to say SHUT YOUR MOUTH

August 5, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  144. kim

In a way I will miss Mary. I remember watching her when the show first came on and thought this entermainment news is pretty cool. Entertainment shows now are trash, but it used to be classier then.

August 5, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  145. joni

WELL, IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 5, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Psychoannie

Mary's legs probably got varicose veins–time to go:

August 5, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Alex

I used to watch ET fairly regularly back in the 80s and 90s as a nice antidote to the bad news elsewhere. But over the last 15 years or so the show really went from having a bit of an edge to being just fluff (with the occasional "news" item). I actually didn't realize Hart was still with the show. Every time I happen to tune in there's someone else hosting (though to be fair that's due to the fact there's an ET Canada where I live and the two shows are interchangeable). Once Mary Hart goes I think it's time to retire ET for good. By the way, wouldn't this make her the longest-serving female host of an entertainment show ever? I mean she's been doing this for about as long as Carson hosted the Tonight Show!

August 5, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Chris

Far as I am concerned all these gossip programs can go

August 5, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Lizzy

Please DON'T replace her with Samantha Harris. That chick ruined Dancing With The Stars (they finally got rid of her) now she's on ET. I won't watch it anymore. She's so annoying and dumb.

August 5, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  150. David B.

I do not like "perky" (like Rachel Ray) as it gets annoying fast. But Mary pulls it off unlike nobody else, because she's got the charm.

August 5, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  151. ROCKY

Finally! That show is so over too.

August 5, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  152. mary

how about Kathie Lee Gifford?

August 5, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  153. brad olson

What about Bill O'reilly...didn't he used to host an entertainment show? I'd rather see him on E T then hosting a political show..it's more his speed.

August 5, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  154. she's still alive?

i was 10 years old when this overly perky b1tcch polluted my television screen. i've just turned 50. how much blood does this vampire need to drink each night?

August 5, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • byron

thats funny Mary was on the show 30 years, you were 10 when you started watching so you are now 50 ?
      if you cannot do simple math, i dont think your opinion is of much use

August 5, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • @byron

sarcasm detection fail

August 5, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ @byron

Sarcasm or not, the comment was stupid to begin with.

August 5, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • @@@byron

almost as stupid as you taking your time to post and say how stupid someone else's comment is.

August 5, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Annabelle

Anyone except Samantha Harris.

August 5, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  156. AmandaB

Deborah Norville would be great, but she's also really good at hard news. She sparkles!

August 5, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • blondes have more c-m

deborah norville is good at hard everything...if you know what i mean

August 5, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Jeff Portlance

No matter what you think or thought of the ET show, she was a staple of the show for 30 years. Yes the show has changed from it's beginnings but it still survives. And those legs of hers.. wow!!!! She gave the show class...
    Thank you & good luck Mary!!

August 5, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  158. robert - dallas

it's about time.....

August 5, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Mark

Let's replace her with someone younger.. Like Cleopatra...

August 5, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • DaveIn84

That's hilarious!!!

August 5, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stella

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

August 5, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • DJ

THANK GOD!!! I cant stand her! She is one of the reasons I dont watch the show..I just cant stand her..shes had her 15,0000 min of fame..give someone else a chance..without one foot in the grave!

August 5, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Georgia

Oh please, Samantha Harris is annoying and she asks dumb questions. There will never be another Mary Hart!

August 5, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Lori

Replace Mary Hart? How about RuPaul?

August 5, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Robin

I agree about Nancy O'Dell. I miss her on Access every night. The show is so not the same without her. It has become very tabloidy. Would love to see her anchor ET...and do a classy entertainment news show again!

August 5, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Gossip Lover

OMG, No! Who's going to give me the latest gossip scoop? I can't make it without knowing who's getting divorced, who got knocked up, who's cheating on who, and who has the phattest crib.

August 5, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Rissa Stewart

Let's pray that Kate Gosselin doesn't take over. What a disaster.

August 5, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Johnny

I hope the show stays classy and doesn't get tabloidy like Access Hollywood did. Nancy would be the perfect replacement for Mary. I miss her every night on TV.

August 5, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Pea

We all saw it coming. How many vacations and nights off can someone take. It's obvious they were grooming Samantha Harris when she left The Insider. She over enunciates and yells when she talks, just like Mary always has. Samantha is a horrible replacement. I'm glad there will be a change. Long time coming. But, come on. Isn't there anyone else? Someone not trying to be Mary. Neither one are or were a good fit for Mark. Both are so fake and quite frankly, really have little tv personality.

August 5, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  167. Roni

Nancy O'Dell would be perfect replacement! Such a classy, beautiful lady!

August 5, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Jack spratt

The insurance premiums on her legs became too expensive.

August 5, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  169. missrozita

Thank God! She drives me nuts the few times I've watched the show. Seems very fake; "Donna Reed" like with a little self centered sprinkled on it....

August 5, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Jeff

Best of luck to you Mary!

August 5, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Lisa

Mart Hart is so 80’s glad she is leaving hope she takes Samantha with her!! Bring on Lara she is awesome!!!!

August 5, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  172. stu

hire joan rivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 5, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Owen Smoot

Three words: Betty Freakin' White.

August 5, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Robyn

Oh please not Samantha Harris!!!! Watched her "reporting" in a word BAD. Samantha should not do any reporting of any kind, ET or D.W.T.S. Just Bad!!!!

August 5, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  175. AJD

I could never watch that show because of the way they drag out each segment. Drives me crazy. I prefer to go to TMZ online and just skim over the stories that appeal to me.

August 5, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • GhostHunter

I agree, TMZ is way better. And when Lil Jon is subbing as host, it's a riot! "Yeah!!!!!"

August 5, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Sherry

I would love to see Melissa Rycroft in that position. She belongs on television. I just love her personality.

August 5, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • D

Agreed. Melissa has a sparkling personality but I doubt she'd stoop to the tabloid level... just like she didn't stoop to the Playboy level.

August 6, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Merin

Bring back Leeza Gibbons!

August 5, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  178. DarthDad

When ET first started, they showed movie trailers, new music videos and celebrity interviews. Now all these shows are just gossip rags. The sooner they are all gone the better. CNN is the worst offender with its Showbiz Today crud.

August 5, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • GhostHunter

AJ Hammer is too opinionated on Showbiz Tonight as well as Brooke Anderson. Who cares about your opinion when you're the host?!?! Give the news without bias and be done with it. They're both too much of a know-it-all type.

August 5, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Cheryl

I am so glad to see her exit the show. She has too high of an opinion of herself. She acts like she is hot stuff and truly, she is not. I think anyone could replace her as I don't see that she adds much to the show. I watch this show a lot and will welcome the change.

August 5, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

Can we see a picture of you? Love to see how 'classy' you are...................

August 5, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  180. M Cook

I agree that the format has become gossip television central. Sometimes I feel like I am reading the Enquirer when I am watching the show. I am surprised that so many did not like Samantha Harris. I noticed that Mary seems to be absent more than usual and the absence has not been unpleasant. Does it really matter who reports the latest scandel in Hollywood or Sports?

August 5, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Donna F

I agree with Brad, ET has turned to sesationalizing and "beating to death" stories that should remain as private as possible for a celebrity. I stopped watching a couple of years ago, it has become so irritating. But, I loved Mary and remember her early years, I wish her all the happiness and success in whatever she does next. PLEASE don't give it to Samantha or Melissa, can't stand either one of them! But then, again, I don't watch it anymore, so who cares....

August 5, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  182. arubatom

I sure won't miss her hype with "in an ET Exclusive Interview" or "only ET cameras were allowed ".....she makes it sound like the National Enquirer.

August 5, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Anna Emmjay

WOW!!...it's about time...she was way over due....now if only Robin Meade from CNN mornings will do the same, except then she might show up on ET...grrrrrr....good luck Mary....won't miss the stove pipes....

August 5, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Liz

30 years !!! She must have some pension coming to her !! Many Blessings to a classy woman –

August 5, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Tiffany

Thank God she is leaving could never stand her. would love to see Samantha Harris take over. Mary Hart was never real onTV like Samantha is...

August 5, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Rob

First class lady.

August 5, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  187. C Cor

Melissa Rycroft!!!

August 5, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  188. J Myer

I am really sorry to see Mary Hart leave – she is first class, has a great personality- I am hoping that you don't decide on Samantha Harris – she has a terrible speaking voice, often "yelling" and is just not a good fit for this show. There must be someone else out there who would be more suitable.

August 5, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • michelle

First class? Seriously? Oh dear. Have you seen the mary hart tribute? I know the show is about her but the way she is talking is so emphasized on me, me, me, me, me! Oprah did one and she did it low key with better voice tone. Mary hart does it with so much emphasis about her. Then she wears a blood red dress to show more attention to her. It's just ET, she didn't die nor is she some high up there celeb. She's just a reporter that reads card script with plastered on makeup and plastic surgery. They make the show seem as if she is some god or something.

May 14, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  189. james

Shes getting real old now and so is the show. It is stuck in the old days of entertainment reporting, with nothing edgy about it. They all smile and act like certain stories are naughty and wink at the camera...ugh.

August 5, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • otto

I seem to remember watching her on Entertainment Tonight when "Gone with the Wind" was released.

August 5, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chelle

I think her first feature story was "Someone Invented the Wheel Today" I honestly thought she was long gone from TV.

August 5, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Brad

ET has gone downhill fast in recent years. It has turned into a tabloid magazine that sensationalizes almost everything now. Previously, ET focused on being respectful (to both the stars and the audience) when they reported on news and happenings. They were the opposite of the papparazi. Mary was part of this class act, but even she couldn't keep loyal viewers around once the tabloid format came into play. I stopped watching long ago because I hate tabloid like behavior. Good luck Mary. I hope you find something fun, interesting and classy!

August 5, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • arubatom

Couldn't agree with you more....they try to make it a scandal sheet with their hype....."ET Exclusive this", "ET Exclusive that". We haven't watched the show for years either do their own hype machine!!!!

August 5, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • AM

Agree 100%. Use to watch it but has become so trashy over the last couple of years. Good luck to May in finding something more rewarding than reporting dirt.

August 5, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Better Than You

Well said, Brad.

September 3, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  191. KT

IMary Hart seems phony to me; whatever happened to Jan Carl? Bring Jan back

August 5, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  192. Scottie

'bout time. What a totally irrelevant career and waste of time...

August 5, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Todd

Totally. Thank Tiny Baby Jesus.

August 5, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • wingman

Yeah, but she's earned more money than you'll ever make in 20 lifetimes. And will anyone be talkng about "Scottie" in 30 years? I sincerely doubt it.

August 5, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael Jordan

Pippen, is that you?

August 5, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Patsi

Who is Mary Hart and why should we care????

August 5, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • jim

You care enough to read the article and comment on it! Or are you just demonstrating your coolness!

August 5, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Andrew

Maybe Kramer will finally stop having seizures.

August 5, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ralph

I was scrolling down wondering how far I'd need to go before I saw this reply from someone. Ha!

August 5, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kerry

HaHa Andrew– I was going to say the same thing!!

August 5, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  195. Brenda

NOT Samantha Harris, PLEASE!!!!!

August 5, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  196. Mary

Why don't they get George Clooney's girlfriend to replace Ms. Hart. She seems to want to be working here in Amercia so why not give her a place on a highly visible show?

August 5, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Bob

Honestly, if she's a journalist, then I'm a doctor.

August 5, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fred L. Fraud

I do need an "exam".

August 5, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • usafirefly

Yes! In fact most journalism today is not 'journalism' and they aren't rewarded to getting to the truth for the people in a timely manner. No checks and balances. It keeps the corporations happy and hopefully people watching and most importantly people buying.

August 5, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobolink

Well, then You ARE a journalist! Congratulations!

August 5, 2010 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  198. gary

ET, and its clones, don't report entertainment news; I'm not sure they ever did. But if you want gossip, dating and clothing info, that's pretty much the length and breadth of what they're capable of handling. The only program worse than ET/Access Hollywood etc. is The Insider. Lara Spencer has to be the most annoying presence on television, bar none.

August 5, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • bill

How about nancy Grace. Nobody is worse than her. She makes me vomit.

August 5, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aaron

I agree on Nancy Grace. Listening to 1 syllable coming out of her mouth has got to be worse than pouring kerosene in your ears and striking a match. ET should check out AJ Hammer. He'd make a great host.

August 5, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • usafirefly

It's national gossip for entertainment people to get their names out there especially if it's a terrible example to the younger generation. Most of them stink but they will keep going...why? People love gossip and to see and bring stars down to their level and worse.

August 5, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  199. Judy

I'm sure the network has been grooming Samantha Harris as Mary's replacement. But she can't begin to even come close to filling Mary's shoes!!!!! I feel like Mary Hart is talking to her audience. With Samantha Harris, I feell like she is putting on an act not reporting. There has got to be someone else out there!

August 5, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gary

Any body except Samanta Harris.........for some reason she is like fingernails on a chalkboard!!

August 5, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • DaveIn84

The show sucks (I only watch it to appease the wife) but Sam Harris is hot! Needs to show some more skin though! Mary Hart is big and old – time to move on.

August 5, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • M87

DaveIn84-
      Your wife is one lucky lady.....

August 5, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • wandrel

I agree, there's something about Samantha Harris I don't care for either!

August 5, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • not a fan

Mary has been moving out for a while now and happy retirement...she will be missed.
      But – Samantha Harris-no, no say it's not so! She looks like a chicken – would be helpful to cover the arms in long sleeves and a turtleneck would help the bones sticking out!
      I agree – she looks like she is performing with the over-zealous smile and fake body language!
      They can do better than this....

August 5, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelly

M87 – HILARIOUS!!!!

August 5, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • ds ks

I would agree that they are grooming Samantha Harris, by the amount of time she has been on the show of late.

August 5, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • maire t

GET A LIFE!

August 5, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lola

Are you guys watching the same show as me?! I find Samantha to be an absolutely compelling, credible journalist and I think she's awesome in general. An inspiration to us working moms everywhere. Don't listen to the haters Sam, we love you!!

August 6, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  200. Kermit Roosevelt

Mary Hart is still on the show???

Wait, Entertainment Tonight is still on the air????

August 5, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • scroo yoo

Thats what I said

Do they still show Hard Copy?

August 5, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris in DC

Funny, I said the same thing. Had to make sure Bill O'Reilly wasn't still dishing trash on the tabloid show Inside Edition. Well, he is stil spewing trash on a exploitation show, just on a different channel.

August 5, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • T-Bahz

I remember a Seinfeld episode when Kramer would go into a fit and have a gall stone movement at the sound of Mary Hart's voice. Now thats funny.

August 5, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  201. N

Without Mary Hart's legs around, how will I get my proper Entertainment news?

August 5, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • mrkt22

such such sad day in american television history

August 5, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay

Who Cares? senseless story.

August 5, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cdogg

Maybe now I can watch the program without having a seizure.

August 5, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blackrock

Hey Jay, if its so senseless, why read it, AND why post a comment? probably cause you have all the time in the world, ya BUM.

August 5, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • kkkkkatie

Daveln84 – I think your wife wins...booby prize of the century...you!! LOL

August 5, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Schizzna

Is her skin leaving with her?

August 5, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • KT

I used to Season Pass Manager this on TiVO, but found myself fast forwarding through the show so much that I stopped taping and watching it. They became too tabloid for my tastes, I'm sorry to say. Tsk tsk.

August 5, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Everica

I could care less. I have always thought that Mary Hart was very flakey.

August 5, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • S

Not sure why anyone would be surprised. Seems Mary has been out more than in, lately. I honestly thought she had already left.

August 5, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • michelle

I used to like watching her while she read the script. Just watching her "tribute" on tv and it's all about. me, me, me, me, me. She keeps talking about herself. Yes, the tribute is about her but she sounds so into herself. She doesn't even say anything about how grateful she is about anything. Its the way she is talking with her expressions and how she makes big emphasis on herself. Waste of a show. They should have only done a quick part for her like at the end of the show. How selfish.

May 14, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |