Katy Perry: Sex and spirituality don't mix
August 4th, 2010

Katy Perry: Sex and spirituality don't mix

Katy Perry recently criticized Lady Gaga for the religious imagery in her controversial “Alejandro” video, and in the new issue of Rolling Stone, she hasn’t changed her tune.

The 25-year-old “California Gurls” singer, whose parents are ministers, launched what seemed like an attack on Gaga in June. Perry tweeted that the “Alejandro” video - in which Gaga, 24, appears dressed as a nun and swallows a rosary - was both blasphemous and “cheap as a comedian telling a fart joke.”

And Perry, who is engaged to equally outrageous British comic Russell Brand, 35, isn’t apologizing for her Twitcism.

“I am sensitive to Russell taking the Lord’s name in vain and to Lady Gaga putting a rosary in her mouth,” she tells Rolling Stone. “I think when you put sex and spirituality in the same bottle and shake it up, bad things happen.”

As for her own racy antics, Perry says, “Yes, I said I kissed a girl. But I didn’t say I kissed a girl while [expletive] a crucifix.”

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. kayla

I think Katy doesn't understand that some of the things she wears while having a jesus tattoo are just as bad as what gaga does with rosary.

August 30, 2010 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  2. Grant Truth

Hey Cal777,
    You have no clue about faith in Jesus,so it would be best for you to educate your lost,empty and blocked mind,spirit and soul,to Gods word. Proverbs makes mention of fools,like you and their doom!
    Your pie hole has consumed nothing but the puke of your flesh,the world and the lies of the prince of DUNG,Satan.
    Good news for you is that it's not too late to make a 180. Salvation: It's only too late if you refuse!
    JOHN 3:3=HAPPY ETERNITY REVELATION 20:15=eternal pain and suffering

August 29, 2010 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Grace Davis

When one looks outside of the carnal world box,the reality of evil is exposed. The spirit that has the world enslaved to sin and evil is Kosmos. The father fool,of Kosmos,lost at the Cross of Calvary. Lucifer{Satan},has endless millions of people enslaved to his lie and controls the media. Katy Perry knows better and she is fully aware of the wrong that she has chosen to participate in. We each will die one day and then we will face God,for our day of judgment. May you face God as your Savior and not your judge. Live ready! The bible is clear about the future,eternity and the wrath that will fall upon the wicked. I hope that Katy wakes up,looks up and repents of her sin. Jesus is her only hope! He is our only hope!

August 29, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cal777

Hot....Hot....Hot. Katie Perry is just plain Hot. No ifs, no ands, and a great butt.

August 11, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Joe

The overwhelming stupidity that comes across in these comments is terrifying and embarrassing and hilarious.

August 6, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Niqi

Seriously, how can she critisize someone and go and do the SAME EXACT THING? She is no better, she just needs t shut her mouth.

August 5, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cal777

Christianity needs to just shut it's mouth. None of your Christians really follow the teaching of the MAN Jesus of Nazareth, so clamp your ignorant pie holes. Your spiel is as old and tired as religion itself. Religion is for the weak minded that have no self control. If it works for you great, just don't involve the rest of us in your fantastic pie in the sky idiocy.

August 11, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Katy

Katy is a flash in the pan. Gaga will outlive her by years in the music industry. Say what you want Katy...you might as well enjoy it while you can.

August 5, 2010 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  8. stevie68a

christianity is like a horror movie: jesus comes back from the dead....ZOMBIE jesus!.... drinking the wine (his blood) VAMPIRES!
    The world is finally moving away from this primitive nonsense.jesus is imaginary. Grow up.
    Whatever good there is in religion can be had without it. Teach children ethics. Until you invite a talking snake and a talking
    bush and me to dinner, I will never BE LIE ve this nonsense.("believe").
    The saddest part in all of this, is that far right christians are more capable of creating hell on earth rather than heaven.

August 5, 2010 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
    • mary

wow!!! reallly? BE LIE ve? you do realize that this is just possible in the english language right? such idiocity...

August 5, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jon

She can use her tongue to lick up my vomit on the floor...what a hypocrite! And Lady Gaga should be castrated.

August 5, 2010 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  10. Grip

I pooped my pants. This is more interesting.

August 5, 2010 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  11. Clay

LOL here we go again with celebrities thinking because they have money and fame that they have some kind of insight on psychology and religion. Ms. Perry should stick to the only thing she is good at and that is posing for the camera. Leave the intellectual stuff to those with the proper education to speak on the matter. Great picture. Shows exactly what she shoudl be doing...sitting there and being quiet.

August 5, 2010 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  12. BillyL1234

So, let me get this straight...It's ok to act however you want and say whatever you want as long as you're nowhere near any religious artifacts? Andonly when you are in close proximity to a crucifix do you have to behave and adhere to the bible? This lady is full crap, in my opinion. Either be honest and say you're not really religious, or be religious and practice what you preach.

August 5, 2010 at 3:31 am | Report abuse |
  13. Eliot Rosewater

I'd sure like to fill Katy Perry with the "holy spirit"....

August 5, 2010 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  14. Russ

she speaks her mind well. not afraid to say what she feels and it can get you into trouble!

she doesn't really care what anyone says about her!

the only problem is she's not exactly the most talented musician out there today. she lacks in a lot of areas.

Katie Perry has only so many minutes left of her 15 that she got.

She's trying extremely hard to extend that 15 as long as possible.

August 5, 2010 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  15. Seriously

Katy's twittering against Lady Gaga was a brilliant, calculated maneuver to get her name back in the media. And it worked! Here she is on the cover of RS in her underpants, praise God! She may as well have said DON'T FORGET ABOUT ME I'M NAUGHTY TOO AND I LOOK BETTER IN MY SCIVVIES!!!! (Except that wouldn't have worked so well.)

August 4, 2010 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Carnac

She's a mere naif, an infant stuck in a very twisted and sheltered corner of society with a very narrow view of the world. It's covers like this that make me proud that I've never bought an issue of Rolling Stone in my life. Don't need so-called "celebs" telling me what to think and shoving their two-bit morality down my throat. No thanks, big media, some of us can think for ourselves.

August 4, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • mary

jeezz dude, relax! nobody is trying to shove anything down your throat; she is just expressing her opinion. it that not allowed anymore?

August 5, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Chris

Katy Perry is just dazed and confused

August 4, 2010 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  18. mary

I think she makes a good point. Any idiot is (hopefully) able to question this: what does a song about some dude named alejandro have to do with a nun and rosary eating? it just does not add up. also, if katy is a hypocrite, then gaga is even a worst one for degrading religious symbols in her videos and then telling larry king that she believes in Jesus and prays.

August 4, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Ty

Yet, there's Katy in a photo in booty shorts and a bra with a christian necklace dangling between her almost fully exposed breasts! The hipocracy is almost laughable.

August 4, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  20. PraiseJesus

Katy Perry – Pentecostalism's Greatest Achievement

August 4, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Tom

Katy sounds confused. Like she wants to hold on to some Christian ideals she's been raised with, but not all. She shouldn't find fault with Gaga for being unbiblical. That's just pot and kettle. She should read the Bible and be decisive about what way she wants to go.

August 4, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  22. TJC360

Lots of bible booty trash in here...

August 4, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • levi...yeah THAT levi

don't knock it, bro...it's some of the easiest pVssy around...

August 4, 2010 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  23. GeorgiaPeach

Thanks for the hymn. Now let us play.

August 4, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Michael Brown

Her marriage to Russell Brand will last about as long as most of Rush Limbaugh's marriages have lasted. She is just a cut above lady Gaga on the trashy scale. I bet her parents are really proud of her. Russell Brand would bone anything out there, and yet she says she is offended when he uses the Lord's name in vain. Go figure...

August 4, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Liked it

"Give peas a chance." – all we are saying.

"We shall, over come" – hymn #34

August 4, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Ash

Reading all of this hate is really disheartening. I am a believer in Jesus Christ, and I AM NOT PERFECT! I never claim to be. I think the problem a lot of people have with Christians is that we seem to judge others but can't look at ourselves.

Well, I'm someone who is a believer but still struggles with sin. WE ALL DO. NO ONE IS PERFECT.

August 4, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Landru

I'd hit that!

August 4, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  28. katy perry is ugly

fake picture, fake person

August 4, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  29. guster

Every blog with any hint of someone believing in something always turns into a religious debate. The atheists and agnostics can't seem to stop prostelitizing their personal faith system.

August 4, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  30. @ TheresaToo funny

It's hilarious how this blog turned into a debate about religion.
    BTW...I don't believe Jesus did any such thing. I believe the bible to be a work of fiction. Sorry to rock your world. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. The end.

August 4, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Theresa

Freak or no freak, I'm just telling you what the Bible says. Like I said free will gives you the power to believe it or not. Sorry if that rocks your world. BTW, Jesus won't "kiss your a**" because he actually saved it from an eternity in hell when He allowed Himself to be brutalized on your behalf on that cross. Don't be deceived, His love will reach down into your heart and give you a new start if you give Him a chance.

August 4, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • George

Excuse me....Jesus didn't save anyone from anything because most of the Jesus story is man created fiction. Research your religion and stop living in ignorance......and no I'm not an atheist.

August 4, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • great pimp in the sky

go away, troll.

August 4, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brooke

its people like you that turn people away from religion. seriously. beating your bible over and over and threatening damnation and such. What kind of authority are you to say what the bible means and doesn't? Lets not forget that the bible was written and interperted by man of Gods words... and men are to error as waves are to the ocean.

I thought christians were all about love and forgiveness not cramming their crap down your throat so you choke on it?

August 5, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Brian

You think it's childish to believe in a "sky daddy", but name calling isn't? That's not childish, that's just straight bottom-of-the-barrel absurd!

August 4, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Dan

God, please save me from Your followers.

August 4, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  34. @ Theresa @ Brian

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Your Jesus can kiss my ass.

August 4, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Brian

Amen sister!!

August 4, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Theresa

What you choose to believe is your business – that's called free will. But be assured that some day "Every eye will behold Jesus, every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father." That means eventually YOU will bow before Jesus, who is real, who is God's son, who willingly shed every drop of His blood on a cross for you, and your mouth will utter the words "Jesus Christ is Lord." You won't be calling Him the "invisible sky daddy" or saying "religion is for cowards" or any of the other things that have been bandied about here. You will see the one who is the consummation of every human virtue in all His glory – you will stare into the face of Truth and hit your knees.

August 4, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Theresa

freak

August 4, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • feather

Ohhhhhhh scary, the fear monger religious tactic, that'll convert people.

August 4, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • hate-filled bully worshipers

translation: just wait until my daddy shows up...he'll beat you up to a bloody pulp and then i'll laugh at you

August 4, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Amen Theresa. Who calls God "big sky daddy"? It should be, "The All-Powerful One-Eyed Spaghetti Monster". When you were a kid, and they told you to be good or you wouldn't get Christmas presents, I bet you were as good as good can be. Later, as you became an adult, you were told that to get to your personal fantasy afterlife, you had to behave a certain way. I bet you do so inerrantly. The question is, how many times a year do you get sheared? Sheep give wool. How much do you throw into the collection plate to ensure salvation? If it's not 10%, are you going to hell? Watch out for the blended fibers and shellfish! What would have happened if Eve had given Adam a plate of shrimp?

August 4, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Bodilicious

Screw her and her phony religion!

August 4, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Brian

Portal, that's the best insight you have to this debate 25-30 posts later?? Lol!

August 4, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  39. what to kiss

my a s s

August 4, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Your neighbor's dog

I kissed a squirrel, and I liked it.

August 4, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  41. portalpunk

@Brian, you still come across as very angry and judgemental to people who do not believe in god, as if you are superior to them somehow.

August 4, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  42. jim

I can mix the two, because I am that damn good!!!!!!!!!

August 4, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  43. PiercedPsycho

I swear. I speed. I lie to my daughter about her vegetables (green beans are monster ears). I laugh at Daniel Tosh on Tosh.o on Comedy Central. I mock rude people who show up at my job. I talk trash about people I know. I call my mother and father weekly because they are my best friends. I only mildly covet that which I do not possess, because seeing them gives me the incentive I need to work harder to achieve them for myself. I only murder bugs and spiders. I have not presented false witness against my neighbor (easy, considering I've never me her). I do not worship any sort of idol. I do not commit adultery. I volunteer. I give blood. I donate all of my old things to charity.
    However, I don't believe in an invisible sky daddy.
    So go on and tell me that I'll be burning in hell for not believing in your invisible sky daddy-I'll keep the spot next to me warm for you.

August 4, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  44. TrumanBlue

I pity those who confuse sychophancy and thievery with GREAT TALENT. LOLOL

August 4, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Brian

QuestionMan, couldn't have said it better myself, thank you!!

August 4, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Brian

I'm not judging anyone. I didn't say "you aren't a Christian so you are going to hell!" I'm making a point with my examples that at least I believe in God and not in myself. And no, Stella, Christians don't need God to give themselves a reason to do good or be a good person. Christians have the free will to make their own life decisions, the way God intended.

August 4, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  47. bobington

With the crap she sings about and being on the cover of a magazine dressed like that should she really be talking about aonyone else. Saying you are religious and living like you are can be two different things. KP herself appears to be quite the hypocrite (i hope I spelled that right, but if i didn't who cares!)

August 4, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  48. QuestionMan

Coolio - Most if not all major societies are based on laws that come from some religion. With no religion there is no need for laws. Without laws there is no right and wrong. So wihout religion everyone decides for themselves what is good and bad, therefore there is no standard of good and bad, so you can't be either, except in your own mind. If you have no belief in God, yuo are simply trying to please yourself, while living within some preordained set of laws, which again are based on some religion. If you beleive in God, yuo live trying to please Him, while living within a set of laws. Picking one country, the United States, whcih was found on Christian beliefs, those who believe live by the same rules as those that don't. I would submit that those that don't believe in God, yet live by rules are the bigger fools.

August 4, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Say what?!

Questionman...huh???? I guess one can't be a good person for the sake of it. There has to be some old man in a dress that lives in the sky in order for people to do and be good. That is the funniest thing I've ever read. Thanks for the laugh. It won't change my mind it just reconfirmed the ridiculousness of it all.

August 4, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Brian

Coolio, let me straighten you out on the facts. Anyone can have morals or values, but if you don't have spirituality to back up those morals or values, then that leads to people to make excuses for right and wrong. "I helped an old lady cross the street so I feel good about myself. I hope no one notices that stapler I took from the office the other day."

August 4, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Coolio

Brian...you are making ALOT of assumptions. No point in discussing this with you as you are a typical christian who judges others who aren't. You can justify anything with god talk. Best of luck to ya in la la land.

August 4, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Stella

I love how christians need a reason to be a good person. I am a good person and I do not need the fairytale that is god to be one. Besides how many so called christians molest little children??

August 4, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Coolio

What a hypocrite! Katy will condemn Lady Gaga (who has more talent in her pinky than Katy and her big boobs) all the while she sleeps with a man like Russell who is as Christian as Osama Bin Laden. What a joke. A talentless joke.

August 4, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  52. American Pie

TOTAL HYPROCRITE!!!! I am not a big fan of Lady Gaga or Perry, but honestly, Lady Gaga has a HUGE amount of talent, whether we like it or not. Katy Perry is just manufactured bubble gum pop crap... wheres the talent?

August 4, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Brian

Portal, I am open minded about all beliefs, but Atheism is not a belief. It's an idea that you can "do what you want, when you want" and that is nihilistic and selfish. All you did was prove my point with different words. If you don't have any one to answer to, then you don't believe in God.

August 4, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Coolio

Brian...you are so wrong. I am an atheist and I can tell with the utmost certainty that I DO NOT do what I want when I want. I can still have values and morals but just not believe is some delusion as a "Man in the sky" who judges me. I don't need that as an incentive to be a good person. Get your facts straight.

August 4, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Stella

I am so sick of these religious zealots preaching to others. God is a fairytale...much like the easter bunny and santa clause. Anyone who believes might as well believe in the toothfairy.

August 4, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Stella

Why do you care about the religious zealots? I know I don't.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

August 4, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  55. TrumanBlue

I love Katy Perry. What a lovely woman. Now there's a real lady, unlike some questionably-gendered singer trying to pass himself off as owning XX chromosomes.

August 4, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • big10

Truman, Truman, Truman, sad little Truman trying to be nasty towards another human being and doing it poorly. Typical of your ilk.

August 4, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  56. godisnotreal

Katy is a typical judgemental christian, just like all of them. Hope she far ts on that bed.

August 4, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Brian

First off, Atheism is just a big excuse for people not to answer for the decisions they make in life. Everyone in this world controls their own destiny, but there is always someone to answer to for it, like it or not. I applaud people for having a belief in someone they can't physically see; faith is a powerful thing. In regards to Katy Perry, I don't ever recall seeing her being blasphemous in any magazine or music video. She has a right to call Lady Gaga out on her antics b/c Katy believes in God. So Katy is semi nude on a magazine, big deal! Christians aren't perfect either so let her live her life and do what she feels is right and quit judging her.

August 4, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

@brian. Your misguided about Atheism, its not about answering for decisions, its about the belief or non-belief in a god. At least be open minded enough to have a decent conversation to present your beliefs. For people who don’t believe in a god answering to him for any decision is irrelevant.

August 4, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • grown up

religion is for cowards who can't face up to the fact that no one really knows what life and the universe is really all about. they are also completely terrified of death and need some kind of guaranteed and assurances that the death is not really the end of their existence and that they will be able to hug their dead grandma and play with their dead golden retriever again someday. these impulses are pathetically puerile and childish, but understandable considering how weak-minded and cowardly most people are.

yet some people are ok with not having any answers and can live with the mystery without needing to cling to bronze age nomadic belief systems of people who knew nothing about anything. they are also ok with doing good for its own sake, not to garnish favor or avoid eternal agony (how subtle a control device, huh?)

now go back to your sandbox and play with the other christians

August 4, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stella

Religion was created to control the masses. The 'man in the sky' is a fairytale. You might as well believe that the toothfairy really takes your teeth and leaves you money.

August 4, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • laughable

"grown up," belittling others for their views isn't exactly grown up. Whether God exists or not is debatable... whether you're a d-bag who thinks he's better than everyone else isn't.

August 4, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  58. airbrushed to oblivion

even barbie dolls don't look so fake and plastic as this attention w h 0 re

August 4, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  59. bofwisconsin

This isn't a theocracy. Someone can include Christianity or Islam or Judaism or any religion they want in their videos.

August 4, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  60. ballz

I wish you did. I would watch that.

August 4, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  61. JohnnyJoe

Christians are the biggest fornicators in the world. The Bible isnt worth the toilet paper it's printed on.

August 4, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

While I agree with your second sentence, trust me, I am trying very hard to out do the christians in relation to your first sentance.

August 4, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Inge

AMEN and AMEN to that. Come down to the bible belt and you will see it first hand!

August 4, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • LA

Johnny whats UR name...U are totally missing the reality boat...UR a jerk saying things like that about an ancient text that is not only historically sound but has some rockn advice for quality of life as well.
      Try to open your mind up a bit. Or maybe stop doing the drugs your doing.

August 4, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Brian

Another example of the human capacity for rationalization. For Katy Perry, Lady Gaga goes too far and for many others Katy Perry goes too far. Hee-larious. I wonder if Russell Brand is enjoying Katy's suggestions about his choice of language. Last I heard, Russell was more in tune with Buddhism than Christianity.

August 4, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Holly Golightly

So please tell me exactly what is Biblically wrong with being half clothed on a magazine cover?

August 4, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • big10

Good question. Absolutely nothing, the only thing wrong here was her hypocrisy. Less offensive than pictures of dead bodies of innocent men, women and children slaughtered in the name of Christianity or any other religion.

August 4, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Thor's apostle

Your god died nailed to a cross... my god wields a hammer. You get the picture.

August 4, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  65. vman

do you really know?!

August 4, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  66. vman

wrong!

August 4, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  67. vman

right!

August 4, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  68. ABC123

If when I die, there is no God, then I guess I just wasted my life having hope and faith in something that didn't exist. If I don't believe and find out I was wrong, and God really did command that I believe in his Son's resurrection, that eternity will not be so nice. I choose to believe in God.

August 4, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna

Exacty. That's how I see it. It is better to believe and be right than to believe and be wrong-though in this particular case, if you believe, you have nothing to lose, but if you don't and turn out to be wrong, then you have EVERYTHING to lose. Personally I like the win/win situation.

August 4, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

Hm. That is a good way to put it, ABC123.

August 4, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jessica

Well, if he's as awesome as you say he is, then he wont mind me being pleasantly surprised when I die and letting me in heaven. That's how you prove yourself to be merciful, loving and all that jazz, not by saying "Sorry, you didn't get it. Here's some sunblock, you're gonna need it where you're going."

August 4, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Jessica

You made no sense. Go back to eating tuna, thinking it's chicken... Jessica Simpson.

August 4, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • bofwisconsin

You can't choose to believe in god. You either do or don't. That scared me when I first heard it from a priest, but he's right. You can TRY to, but if you have doubts you're more agnostic than theistic, which isn't a bad thing.

A question I've seen asked though is interesting. If a god is so jealous that they demand worship or inflict eternal suffering on his creations, does he deserve worship? The entire concept of "original" sin is messed up too. Yes everyone sins, but we are not responsible for the sins of our ancestors!

I hope that if there is a god, he is the kind and caring god I was taught about as a child, and not the god of the Old Testament.

August 4, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • sbp

Sorry, but the logic does not follow, if, in fact, there is a God and you just happened to pick the wrong one. If, for example, the "real" God is a Hindu god, who also conditions the afterlife on your belief in him, then you are just as screwed as far as the afterlife as an atheist not believing in a Christian god.

I find it hard to believe that God would require your belief in him as a condition to entry to heaven. That presupposes he is an egomaniac with self-esteem issues who is more concerned with being worshipped, and less about whether you've lived a good life. The whole "fear me" thing was calculated to get ignorant, pre-historic people to follow the rules of society without understanding the rationale behind it.

August 4, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ bof

priests... you're Catholic, aren't you?

August 4, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Ah yes, Pascal's Wager. I'm sure that if there's a God, then He/ She/ It will be just thrilled that your faith was nothing more than hedging a bet.

August 4, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Chris

so I guess masturbating with holy water while looking pics of lady gaga is bad right?

August 4, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Trip's ro Win

Finally a "star" who gets it right!

August 4, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  71. kncjr

Katy said the things about Lady Gaga right before her new song came out. Coincidence, I think not. Publicity for a new album, most likely.

August 4, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Drinker

I think she needs to shut up or she is going to kill her career.

August 4, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  73. brad

The Moral Majority is NEITHER!!!
    Christianity is NOT a set of rules to live by, but it is a LIFE to be LIVED walking in close relationship with Christ

August 4, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Sam

Seriously???? Perry makes no sense at all. The only difference between the 2 is the lack of spirtual imagery used in the videos. The content of their music is both horrific. Sin is sin so Katy has no room to judge. She is half naked in videos and non of her music is designed to bring people closer to the Lord. She really needs a self evaluation.

August 4, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Hmmmm, in a review ot the Ten Commandments I'm looking up "half-nakedness" and...nothing. Let's try non-religious music...nope, nothing. So, where's the sin you're talking about? And in the 21st century we're calling this stuff sin??? More like self-righteous disapproving not getting enough dopeyness.

August 4, 2010 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Anna

I'm amused. I think the non-believers are afraid of the truth that God exists (assuming that he is real) because they don't want to answer for the things that they do. It's like lying to your parents that you don't smoke or drink (underage) when you really do because you don't want to get into trouble.

August 4, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reality check

You imply that only non believers do bad things, you are very wrong.

August 4, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • therm

No, "assuming that he is real" (because that's all we can do, assume, right?[Ass U Me]), we aren't "lying to our parents" about the things we do, we come straight out and tell them because we don't care and it's none of their business.

August 4, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

I'm amused at your completely assinie comment Anna. The belief that god exists is baseless and absurd. What's more absurd is the belief that no only exists but YOU know his rules and the book YOU like is the one he wants you to like. I believe your god exists in the same way I believe in invisible spider monkeys on top of my house. Please do some research into atheism before you make ridiculous comments again.

August 4, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna

Steve: I never said i knew all of his rules. Reading comprehension 101.
      Reality Check: Perhaps you need a reality check. I never said that only non-believers do bad things.
      Therm: It's called a METAPHORE. Jeez. I wasn't being literal.

August 4, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • big10

Could someone explain 'believer' to me. I have lived and grown in a wonderful Christian environment for 60 plus years and still do not understand the 'believer' concept. I have guessed it is only those who say they are 'believers' that are true Christians. What a joke.

August 4, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna

Big10: A believer–in my terms–is someone who believes in God and follows HIM and not his followers. A Christian–again to me–must be a leader AND a follower.

August 4, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

Usually I do not care about the religious debates/articles, but I will say Anna has a point... when it came to pointing out the errors in other people's comments.

August 4, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Edward

Uh no, it's because we learned a long time ago that Santa Claus does not exist. Think about it, a loving and compassionate god created a world in which it's inhabitants must EAT EACH OTHER in order to stay alive? I don't know about you but if I created all of the beautiful creatures in the world I would love them and not subject them to the torment of being prey for my other creations. I would make every living this a vegetarian. Innocent little baby animals are ripped to shred when they are fresh out of the womb by other animals ... all this the creation of a loving god? Doesn't seem likely to me.

August 4, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Anna I understand what you wrote completely. Let me simplify if for you though. Non-believers don't spend their days worried about having to answer for wrongs they may or may not have committed. When I die more than likely it's over. There is no evidence towards the existence of your god or any other god so why worry?
      In one of your other posts you point out that it is better to err on the side of there is as god than not. Well, many of the gods humans have created are jealous or angry gods...including the xtian one. So arent you actually in the connundrum of picking the wrong one? I merely believe in one less god than you do. I thought everyone knew that Pascal's Wager had been soundly destroyed?

August 4, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Edward

That's cute. Here's the problem. You're just some random commenter sitting behind a computer screen typing your personal opinion and belittling someone else's.

August 4, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Edward

Actually that isn't true. I'm letting someone, who attempted to belittle other people, know why some people feel the way that they do. Who exactly did I "belittle"? I live and let live and could care less what someone believes. The poster was obviously trying to put people down and he had a qusetion so I answered it.

August 4, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • joe

"I think the non-believers are afraid of the truth that God exists (assuming that he is real) because they don't want to answer for the things that they do"

What a dunce! The only people I know who don't answer for what they do are religious people. That's why the entire concept of forgiveness exists. We are sinners, remember. Jesus was sent here to forgive you of your sins.

That's why every time time some right wing nubag gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar he begs forgiveness and you knuckle heads forgive them. Who is not answer for what they do? In athiest land where I live, you are held accountable for how you treat people. You don't get the"I'm just a poor sinner, the devil made me do it" get out of jail free card. When we make mistakes, wer're held accountable, we don't get to blame it on a talking snake and some apple munching bimbo.

August 4, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stella

August 4, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Anna, you think non-believers are afraid because...what? If we were to accept that God exisits then we wouldn't be non-believers, would we? 500 religions with 500 sets of rules and each one convinced that they are the only way to salvation. Pfffft. If you want your actions micromanaged by powermongers, be my guest.

August 4, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Jonathan

guess it is okay for her to have a cross nestled between her almost uncovered breasts then cause she is a "true Christian". several of her pics lately she has been almost completely naked but adorned with crosses all over. guess that isn't pushing past that blasphemy thing huh....

August 4, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna

The church and it's people aren't immune to corruption. Just because you sit in church everyday doesn't mean Satan isn't sitting right next to you.

August 4, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • therm

Holy crap Anna, you must be so afraid that even stepping outside your home might endanger yourself to "Satan" (peace be unto him), that you probably don't go anywhere. Hell, for that matter, he's probably in your home, right now even, watching you...

August 4, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • big10

AMEN Jonathan, seems you get it.

August 4, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna

No. I'm currently on lunch break at work. Besides, Satan knows not to mess with me–mostly because he know's he can't persuade me to join him. I believe in God, so he's going to "attack" me more often (give me grief and such) than a typical non-believer. Anyway, like God, he's everywhere. He really could be sitting in the desk next to me....

August 4, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  77. citizenUSA

If you don't feel like you're in, (what you conceive to be), heaven after doing it, you're not doing it right.

August 4, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  78. Wa-tah!

Another white belt level Christian acting righteously without virtue to back it up. Stupid kid.

August 4, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • holier than thou

show her the way...the true way, back to santa claus and eternal ice cream in heaven

August 4, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Brianb

The concept of god has been a big joke from the start. It just seems that in the US, more people seem to be getting the joke now.

August 4, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • therm

Way too many people are getting the joke, and it's not funny anymore.

August 4, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  80. C. Huey

I don't know why any of this matters because based on all of your comments, you all make it seem like we're all going to hell anyway, so why do we even care? Get a grip people, you're all making a big joke out of God. Stop all of your judgement, stupid antics, self-rightousness idiocy and JUST LOVE – it never fails! That goes for Ms. Perry also! Stop blasting Gaga on twitter and reach out to her, or just pray for her!

August 4, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  81. Brianb

Trying find answers in jesus christ is like trying to find an answer in the bottom of a bottle.

August 4, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • sid_vicious

a bottle is more fun thou

August 4, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • lar

wow! Im really sorry that you feel this way...all i can say is that god doesnt promised us a world without problems but he does promise he will be there..it sounds that you probably have had a share of troubles and maybe even reached out to God and didn't see anything happen...well keep seeking God he is there, it's all about having faith an believing and also everything is in God's timing...but he is there and I hope that you seek him and find him...don't give up on God he doesn't give up on you and he is waiting for you to reach out...may God bless you and keep you and help you find your way to him.

August 4, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • therm

They're both a cop out on life, instead of facing it head-on for what it actually is, nice.

August 4, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Oh Yea?

Bottom line: if you have to turn to anything to cope with your problems (ask God for help and pray about EV-ER-Y-THINGGGGG, drink alcohol, take drugs, etc – ie anything to be your own responsible 'self') then you really are in trouble because you are too weak.

It has to suck to be a follower and believer of the biggest Ponzi scheme in history.

August 4, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

You're lifting a line from Cheech and Chong:

I use to be all messed up on drugs and alcohol, but then I found Jesus. Now, I'm all messed up on Jesus.

August 4, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • JayM

The whole argument is ridiculous. Church to the people: "Ok, so there's this invisible old man who lives in the sky. He watches you and judges you for being bad. BUT He'll forgive you if you worship him, ask for forgiveness (and give us money). If you don't come to our building (and give us money) and worship this insecure, attention hog deity he will send you to hell for eternal torment. BUT if you do worship him, (and give us money) THEN you get to go to heaven for eternal paradise! But... not until you're dead of course."

Honestly, because still buy this stuff? It's amazing.

August 5, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  82. Kath

Katy Perry is every Christian parents nightmare come true. As the wife of a minister and the mother of 3 adult daughters, I look at Katy Perry and weep. She is the epitome of everything I pray ever day that my daughters don't become. Her parents must be heartbroken to see what she has done with her life. Perry is the perfect example of "what does it profit a man (or woman in this case) if he gain the whole world but lose his own soul?". Her remarks are hypocritical – she herself has recorded songs that are hardly family friendly. She is engaged to an obscene and foul man. Katy may be relishing the fame and fortune she has now, but someday she will see the emptiness that this brings and hopefully will come back to the truth that she was raised with by her parents. If you truly want peace, joy and contentment in your life, the only answer is Jesus Christ.

August 4, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Clark

Amen.

August 4, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • lar

Amen!! well said, all we can do as christian is pray for her lost soul and for all those in the show business that have known God to realize and see the life that their living doesn't go with what God intended for them. Hopefully they see it sooner than later.

August 4, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Oh Yea?

I think someone said it best above.... P.S. – God called, and he would like you to stop putting his good name in every sentence you use to judge others. Let him worry about being judged and you can stick to what you know.... like how to take a book of stories meant to be taken broadly as a way to live, not literally decoded word for word in the manner that best suits your own hateful and judgmental opinions.

August 4, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • barbara in indiana

kathy, i couldn't have said it better. those who point out she is so religious but sitting around half nude on a magazine , um that is all one would have to point out to show hypocrisy. one sin is not worse or better than another. whether she is kissing a girl or kissing a girl while being vulgar with a cross, they are both sins. its like a thief telling god, well at least i didn't kill anyone. that is mans version of making themselves feel better about what they did wrong! its man made. not of god.a sin is a sin is a sin.

August 4, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • big10

I feel so sad for you folks. I am so thankful that my lord and savior has allowed me to be with him in this century rather than dwell in 2000 year old out dated beliefs. I will pray for you to come along with him and our ever speaking God.

August 4, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

@ Kath " ...the only answer is Jesus Christ." If I'm asking for a bl@wj@b I'd say that's the wrong answer.

August 4, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • KimSeChrist

I'm sorry....just curious here....why is the wife of a minister reading about pop culture trivia on the internet and taking the time to comment on it as well when she has three kids she could be looking after??? Oh and watch how you judge the children of another pastor...
      1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.". ... you may very well end up with children just like her. Just sayin'

August 4, 2010 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kath

KimSe – my girls are all adults. They are happy, well adjusted, content young women who are 100% committed to Jesus. As for expressing my opinion, isn't this what this board is for? Katy's actions have spoken loud and clear. I am not judging at all, just stating facts that Perry herself has admitted in the past. It just hurts to see this young woman in bondage to the fleeting and unfulfilling world that fame and Hollywood has to offer. It's sad to see and I bet there are lots of moms out there who hope and pray that she sees the light and wises up before she winds up like Lindsay Lohan or Dana Plato.

August 5, 2010 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
    • nellie616

I find this interesting that she gauges sin in "categories." Yet, God calls ALL sin as it is, sin. Katy can cry all she wants but her worldly lifestyle is not pleasing to God.You can't pick and choose parts of the Bible you like and dislike. And posing on a cover where men can lust after you...shameful. If you were living life after Christ, you certainly would not have done the pose OR write lyrics as you do. If God comes first, treat Him that way.
      So far, He doesn't in her life.

August 5, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Cal777

Huey. I call BS. Wake up to reality. Live today. This is it. No second go around. Quit wasting your time on fairy tales like Jesus. No God? Know God? Do good anyway, because what goes around comes around, and that's just the facts.

August 11, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  83. C

Oh, I forgot that Katy Perry is the authority on religion, music and comedy. What was I thinking?

August 4, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  84. aatami

Katy Perry is a dimwitted nothing who's opinions on this topic are obviously based in jealousy and a childlike fear of god. She sings "I kissed a girl" to try to be outrageous and sell records, now she has been outdone by Gaga and is showing who she really is, a spoiled rich christian hypocrite with only average talent and a 6 year olds understanding of spirituality.

August 4, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • E-lo

Completely agree. She's making a fortune selling naughtiness but she dares to criticize others for crossing lines? Honey, when you write a song called "I kissed a girl", you erased the lines. Anyway, I'm sure that after they ripped the cover off Rolling Stone, her parents were very proud of her interview.

August 4, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • believers of convenience

why aren't christians listening to gospel music instead of this harlot-driven, fornication music?

August 4, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Big10

This whole conversation is boring. Who really cares what she or any other psuedo-religious bible pounder says.

August 4, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • captain obvious

millions of like-minded idiots.

birds of a feather, etc....

August 4, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  86. CraZy pAnts

DARKSIDED!

August 4, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  87. TI

go speak in tongues to your parents about it.

August 4, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • seed distributor

l'd like her to speak in tongues south of the border, if you know what i mean...

August 4, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Jimbob

Pot calling the kettle black here I believe....

August 4, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  89. Cynic82

Because God can't stand for anyone to 'get some'. She's old enough to remember Madonna isn't she? Lady Gaga isn't doing anything new.

August 4, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • i scream

...and as before, fat, middle-aged white chicks and gay men are scrambling to buy it

August 4, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Agreed

But she's making judgements while sitting there almost naked on a magazine cover.

August 4, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  91. Dave

Another F***** christian hypocrite! Non story, boring photo, as boring as her music!

August 4, 2010 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Anna

And you aren't a hypocrite yourself? Bahahahaha! Please. You're a hypocrite too.

August 4, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  92. Agreed

What does she think about Madonna then?

August 4, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  93. JayM

Or she could just renounce her affiliation to the world's oldest and biggest Ponzi scheme and live her life without the shackles of guilt. But whatever, I guess some people just need judgmental fictional characters and the organizations that exploit their stories and the people who believe in them to get through the day.

August 4, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  94. Maria

Finally, someone who believes in God, and has a little morals left. Rare in Hollywood.

August 4, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Scott

Religiousity and Morality do not necessarily go hand in hand.

August 4, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • joe

Posing in your underwear on the cover of Rollong Stone. Yeah, that's moral. Idiot!

August 4, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • NyteShayde

Right, because only God and morality are mutually exclusive. I love the arrogance of the religious right.

August 4, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • AGeek

Oh wow. The Religious Right is the bastion of morality. Totally. Pardon me while I go throw up. You people make me *literally* sick. Get over yourselves.

August 4, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • I kissed a girl and she liked it.

>>>Finally, someone who believes in God, and has a little morals left.

Finally, someone who believes in God, and has a little morals left ... and dresses in latex!

August 4, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laine

Are you kidding? She laying on a bed in her bra and underwear on the cover of an international magazine. She now has a music video out where her breast squirt whipped cream...I'm sorry, but why is criticizing Gaga again? I really hope she doesn't consider herself a more devout Christian or better role model. At least Gaga is trying to make her stuff different and artistic, no matter how bad it ends up. Shut up Perry. We're sick of it.

August 4, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Good Grief!

You think she has morals? I just think she's a typical hypocrit!! Worst of all, she couldn't make it in the Christian music world, so she started dressing, singing, and acting like a little tramp. Now she wants to criticize Gaga? LMAO!!!

August 4, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • JLTNG

if i want moral guidance, the very last–the very last-place i would go would be the religious right. Guns and Jesus, wars against muslims, hatred against virtually everybody who doesn't agree, and a message that has absolutely nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus Christ. Buddhism, Hinduism, fine, they have a workable ethics, but modern day fundamentalist Christianity is really off target.

August 4, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • crazee

Maria, shove a rosary you ignorant B!!!

August 5, 2010 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Netta getta

Amen to that.

August 9, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Really?

While I agree with what Ms. Perry said about taking the Lord's name in vain and Lady Gag is blasphemy, she loses credibility with her own abomidable, fornicating behavior, which is equally as sinful in God's eyes. Obviously, she's conflicted between right and wrong. Hopefully, she'll finally choose the Light.

August 4, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • steve

yeah she's not as "sinful acting" as Gaga but people in glass houses should not throw stones.

August 4, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • aatami

You christians are really lost and don't have a clue what this is all about.

August 4, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris Ten

God called; He asked for you to not talk about Him anymore. You embarass Him, 'cause you and millions of others (mainly in the bible belt) take His message out of context. He is pretty miffed you guys take the parables in the bible and employ them literally. He wanted me to tell you they're stories meant to convey a message, not to be fostered into fundamentalism. Oh yeah, and Obama isn't the anti-christ, either. ...I'm just passin' the message along. If you take issue with it, you'll have to bring it up to Him.

August 4, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • NyteShayde

I'm so glad I'm not a Christian. You all can suck the life out of anything can't you?

August 4, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • billy bob

i hope she chooses the light only after turning it out and fornicating with me for the entire weekend. then i'll dump her on the side of the road and get me a cheeseburger and fries

August 4, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • SkegeeAce

I agree- Katy Perry seems to struggle with herself as far as that goes. It's similar to the struggle Jessica Simpson appeared to have. I feel bad for her. If she didn't have any belief, she's be fine like the rest of the godless folks in Hollywood (well, she'd think she was fine anway). Light has no communion with darkness...

August 4, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Uhh...

"Light has no communion with darkness"... ever heard of sunset?

August 4, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • TJC360

must...puke...now.

August 4, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

I see you totally missed her point. She does bad things and admits it, but she does not mix religion with the bad things she does!

August 4, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • mhwse

some people are so deeply egozentric that they can not see the realyty around them any more; god if there was one she wouldn't care about you ..

August 5, 2010 at 5:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Ralph

@Really?
      I think her point wasn't that she doesn't sin. The point was she doesn't sin while evoking God's name or diplaying other religious imagery. Learn to read please before you decide to write.

August 5, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
    • James

See what Light? I'm intrigued? The Light enlightens everyone who comes into this world. How they behave is on them. Why pray for these lost celebrities? There are plenty of people who actually know who deserve our best wishes more.

August 29, 2010 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
  96. N

This is the laziest cover Rolling Stone has ever put out. Don't get me wrong, she looks great, but what a boring photograph. This is the best thing they could come up with for Katy Perry? Really?

August 4, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
    • CC

It also looks like it's photo shopped really poorly. What's with that huge right hand?? I understand angles work funny in photography, but that just looks wonky.

August 4, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Jmaxx30

Are you kidding! She looks hotter than she normally does. This is many a man's fantasy to wake up to KP looking like that all wrapped up in their sheets. Nice work.

August 4, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Buster Bloodvessel

She's a bobblehead; in other words her head and body are from different photos. In other breaking news, many Christians are very uptight.

August 4, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • AM

Boring? I guess you don't see those big-ol ti**ies.

August 4, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • I kissed a girl and she liked it

>>>This is the best thing they could come up with for Katy Perry?

Ask Russel!

August 4, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

The problem isn't with how she looks. She looks great.
      She suffers from a disease that is universal amongst women–she talks !
      That's why most men will get up and run after spending a night with a beautiful woman.
      Sooner or later, they're going to want to talk and ruin the illusion.

August 4, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • AnnBChrist

Without it where would she or any of us have come from. Or is the reason it's not Ok so she can have it all to herself and nothing for the rest of us. And aren't these issues rather stale since anything you can say about Gaga that issue and God we already hashed out during the Madonna age over 20 years ago?

August 4, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |