Jennifer Lopez has no regrets
August 4th, 2010

Jennifer Lopez has no regrets

Jennifer Lopez has lived through everything from dress scandals to the reviews for “Gigli,” but she doesn’t regret a minute of it.

Of course, as she told Glamour magazine in their September issue, she’s had some "ups and downs" like everyone else, including "super highs and some really low lows.” But she added, “I’ve been so blessed that I could never say, ‘I wish this didn’t happen.’ It’s part of who I am. There’s nothing in my life that’s so ‘ugh.’"

Of course, there are some memories that may make her cringe, “but not where I’m worried about [Max and Emme] finding out,” she said. “I’ll tell them myself. No secrets from them.”

Lopez, 41, had twins Max and Emme in 2008 with husband Marc Anthony, whom she married in 2004.

Anthony, she said, is “a passionate person, and he’s the same way with his kids, and I love it. When it comes to all his kids, he’s mush, whatever they want.”

He's probably mush when it comes to what Lopez wants as well – the actress said she doesn’t slack off in the glamour department just because she happens to be at home.

“I like to maintain a certain sense of fantasy in my life," Lopez said, adding that yes, she is a bit like the high-fashion photo shoots readers see in magazines. "Do I have the full hair and makeup? No. But I might have the nice dress on.”

It’s all about maintaining a certain state of mind, Lopez told Glamour – and the same theory applies to how to handle feelings of doubt.

“If you feel in your mind you can do it, you can do it. You cannot doubt yourself. Doubt is a killer," she said. " You just have to know who you are and what you stand for. You can have a great mentor, a great partner, a great love in your life who gives you confidence and makes you feel great about yourself. And that’s all wonderful, but at the end of the day, if you don’t believe it, all of that means nothing.”

Well, we guess we know how she feels about her qualifications to be an "Idol" judge...

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Chicas de Poker

holla amigos yo me llamo Andreia y penso que su pagina web es muy trabajado, muy informativo hay gustad mucho!:)
    hasta
    excusa mi mal espanol!Sólo te falta un botón de traducción el resto todo bie!

June 19, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Maureen

"Whatever they want?" Are you kidding me? That's a recipe for raising confused and spoiled kids if I ever heard one.

August 18, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Chari

she should regret breaking up the marriage of Anthony n Dayanara Torres. I will never pa to c any of her movies....

August 11, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Vic

This girl is one of the best looking girls in Hollywood, even to this day. She always has been physically stunning and very talented, despite her singing abilities (or lack thereof). You have to admit, however, that many, many people enjoyed her music at the time when it was topping the charts–again despite her lack of singing ability. The main reason many people hate her, even to this day, is out of jealousy in part–either she's too beautiful or lucky–but also because of the way she acted publicly while she was on top of her game. You see, she never truly left the "ghetto." Her mind was set in that "hood-rat" mentality for the longest time, though she has now come a long way from those early years. Could you imagine if she had had Julia Roberts' civilized personality from the start? Jennifer Lopez could have surpassed, even the great Ms. Julia Roberts, herself, early in her career. By the way, we still love you, Jennifer! Even the people that say they hate you, secretly love you–they just don't realize it yet, and perhaps never will.

That's what's wrong with the world we live in nowadays. People always spreading intolerance left and right against other people: it's either the gays; the Hispanics; the Illegal’s; the blacks; the Jews; the liberals; even the kid in school who gets bullied–not one gets spared! It's sad, really.

Nevertheless, she was great in Selena, Out of Sight, The Cell, Maid in Manhattan, and in Shall We Dance. The girl can totally act, make no mistake, though her choice of movies has been questionable–always choosing the same role over and over. But the girl definitely can act. She's just been a little misdirected.

Oh, by the way, we love you too, Julia. Pretty Woman has always been one of my favorite movies. You and Richard Gere made such a beautiful couple!

August 7, 2010 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  5. marilynn

Some may dislike her or consider her untalented: that's your reality, but it's not mine. Imo her best films were: "Selena" and "Out of Sight"; she portrays two very different women in them. I think her performance as "Selena" was Oscar worthy: it merited a nomination. She nailed her character in "El Cantante"; those who knew "Puchi" said it was spot on. She portrayed a histrionic woman who was often over-the-top, but Jennifer's acting was never overdone.. I also love her as a dancer. Her vocals sound much nicer imo when she sings in Spanish.

August 7, 2010 at 4:45 am | Report abuse |
  6. odo yewu

she's a REALLY REALLY GOOD actress, one of my fav!!!

August 5, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • obaasima

yeah!!!! and i luv the fact that she usually likes to play the role of a funny down-to-earth kinda person!

August 5, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  7. Edie

I have always liked J-Lo - but Edmund mentioning Robin Quivers !!! I love Robin !!! peace to all !!

August 4, 2010 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Angel

Jennifer Lopez has made mistakes just like many women out there, no biggie. As long as we learn from them, we are okay. I love her, she's beautiful and has always been down to earth. She is FLAWLESS and I love her!!!!

August 4, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Edmund Gleason

Robin Quivers was at a house party and said JLO had a velvet rope set up to seperate herself from the rest of the guests, talk about an elitist, hope she doesn`t get the idol gig

August 4, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. iris

Jennifer is a very intelligent business woman. Her clothing line and perfumes have been very successful. She is an incredible dancer and entertainer. Much love to Jennifer and I wish her the best!

August 4, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Old News

I think that she is pretty and of course well known for her body that has made her famous. I cannot say that I like her music because it all sounds the same. She switched to spanish music and I think it is only like because of her husband Marc Anthony who is loved for his spanish albums and he also duets a lot of songs with her. Her movies are decent and I liked her most recent one, Back Up Plan but she always has the same laugh and cry so it doesnt see like real acting if it does not appear to be genuine... Like I said she is pretty, so I am not being a hater just think thats the only reason she is famous.

August 4, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jason

She seems like a nice person. Not a fan of her music but I don't like Pop and dance music. Her films are not terrible. I can't see how anyone would want to hate her she seems like a decent human being.

August 4, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Exterminator

BOY would I like to JUMP on that KITTY. MEOW Wowwow Wowwow

August 4, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  14. J-Lo

I actually do have one regret. I regret that my butt is si big.

August 4, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. beenz

Ellen was too nice for Idol. J-Lo will definetly be meaner, but I wonder if the Idol staff will be prepared for all of her diva demands.

August 4, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  16. x

I never understood the hype over Jennifer Lopez. At best, she has made a couple of good dance songs in the 90's and was only good in one film (Selena) otherwise she's far too overrated and too self-centered for her own good. She can't sing, she's practically tone deaf, and her acting, meh, she basically plays the same character in every movie, a sad pathetic woman who is either desperate to love any man who comes her way or is trying to run away from an abusive husband. Yawn.

August 4, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Nature Boy

The gal can act...if you want to see her portray a very nasty, manipulative and beautiful woman, rent "U-Turn," a black humor movie so over-the-top that it got very little publicity...stars her, Nick Nolte, Sean Penn, Billy Bob Thornton, Jon Voight, Joaquin Phoenix...brutal.... and JLo is really great in it...

August 4, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  18. paprika

I like J. Lo. She is a pretty lady. I like her acting. She doesn't profess to be the best but she gives a good effort.

August 4, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Tony

Odd...she should have lots of regrets – multiple failed marraiges, the Diddy scandal, the "Bennifer" thing, Gigli, the whole "acting" career, not to mention how grossly materialistic and demanding this diva is.....sad how our society rewards such behavior.....

August 4, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  20. lol

Apparently she learned nothing from Gigli.

August 4, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Big Crappa

Wassup with all the hate towards Jenny from the Block? Having the #1 film at the same time you have the #1 song could be considered by some a very spectacular accomplishment. It's certainly more spectacular than say, posting negative stuff on a web blog. Society is what it is, and it's up to you to make the most out of it.

August 4, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  22. albert

hot

August 4, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Daniel Troppy

Yawn.....really I mean what has she ever done that was so spectacular and beyond words? Nothing... she really can't sing or act and yet she is loaded with millions of dollars. Talk about a screwed up society.

August 4, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Bob

She should regret any attempt at making "music". Man that stuff was overprocessed dance club pablum.
    "Waiting for the night. whoa oh" geez you really worked hard wrting that one Jenny
    Pretty good actress though.

August 4, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  25. avid reader

Everybody has regrets, even if they're secret. Just check out the blog and book at SecretRegrets dot com ...

August 4, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |