'Roseanne's' Sara Gilbert confirms she's a lesbian
July 30th, 2010

'Roseanne's' Sara Gilbert confirms she's a lesbian

Former "Roseanne" star Sara Gilbert is returning to TV as one of the celebrity mothers on the panel of the new fall daytime chat show “The Talk.”

While promoting the new show at a Television Critics Association press event in L.A. on Wednesday, Gilbert, who has a son and daughter with her TV producer partner Allison Adler, confirmed that she is a lesbian.

Speaking about her sexuality, she said, “I don’t think it will be a problem. I don’t ever really think of things as ‘out ‘or ‘in.’ I just think I am who I am, and when topics come up that are appropriate, I’ll talk about them and share when it seems right.”

Until now, Gilbert, 35, has not publicly discussed her private life. In fact, the CBS press release for “The Talk” mentions the husbands of co-hosts Julie Chen, Leah Remini, Holly Robinson Peete, Sharon Osbourne, and Marissa Jaret Winokur, but omits Adler. That was Gilbert’s decision.

“This is a talk show, so obviously I’m going to be discussing my life more, and I felt that the first place I wanted to do it wasn’t in a CBS press release,” she explained to reporters at the TCA event. “It just seemed impersonal, and I felt like I’d rather come in person and talk to you about all that stuff here.”

1. dro4er

We were at school together itchy rash zyban must contain the prior approval number assigned to you for the NDC or HCPCS.
    zyban l.p 150mg publication in a state or national journal.
    metronidazole or tinidazole outcomes in common disease states seen in the ambulatory care setting. This includes but is

November 28, 2013 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
  2. Gabrielle

What part of do you come from? Slimfast Offers AHEC Faculty Instructor of the Year Award: This award is designed to recognize outstanding
    Cheap Strattera II. Management of the Practice
    Slimfast Shaker on a notarized certification
    Synthroid Retail Price Who is the PIC and what are their responsibilities?

November 25, 2013 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  3. Julia

I went to young lolita rape pics i dic is so hard now

April 9, 2013 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Henry

I'd like to send this letter by lolita juicy nude pictures ..o o o o o o o whats in the middle? the white stuff!hah I know u were thinking it so i had to

April 9, 2013 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Poetry

Thank you a lot for sharing this with all people you really realize what you are talking approximately! Bookmarked. Please also discuss with my site =). We can have a link trade agreement among us

August 25, 2012 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  6. Joyce

Watching her as being a young lady early in her tv carrer...she was never girlie so no surprises here...The heart wants what the heart wants...does not make her less talented..she appears to be a great mom...and she is super-smart....I hope she never speaks out on her personal life..not because she should be ahamed..but, she deserves to keep private life out of talent life...Go Sarah

March 13, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Bakglfga

Withdraw cash Jamie Morin Model
    :-(

September 25, 2011 at 6:42 am | Report abuse |
  8. Elonlbez

I'm from England Underage Nude Teens 339729

September 21, 2011 at 2:48 am | Report abuse |
  9. Xhuafzsa

What's the current interest rate for personal loans? private bikini images pdgsuw

September 4, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. joseph

A9QE6N http://sjU2oPpbMew8k4FdHo.net

July 30, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Boadicca Celtic Amazon

I knew she was gay when she was on Roseanne, she Is a big part of what made the show a success, I love her on the View. to all of you gay haters, F you!!!!!!!!!

July 12, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. paulvc

It doesn't surprise me at all. But why referring to her as Rosanne's' Sarah G. Wasn't that a sitcom in a former millennium ? Should most people know her from her already tough role in it.? Why not telling us that she's Lesbie Winkle in BBT ?

November 20, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  13. greg k.

kind of knew she was gay ..... sorry ..... just like rosie and ellen ... there is something about them that gives them away as being gay. don't care for ellen cause she always has attractive females on her show and she probably gets a big "hard on" from that. i never cared for her humor, but i see many people do. if i sound prejudice ... i'm not .... i just know they are gay, and i don't care for that lifestyle for anyone.

November 11, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steven Seagal

Maybe what gives them away is that they look like MEN. Sara looks like a man in the picture above and has since she was about 6. Ellen's tongue gets hard when she interviews hotties.

November 11, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Doug

I never knew Sara was gay and was actually quite surprised, i'm not into those celebrity gossip shows about who's doing who or whatever! Whatever floats ur boat and whatever makes u happy!!

November 3, 2010 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Boob Lover

If it is so right to be gay, why can't they make a baby without a third party?

September 7, 2010 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Elthy

I believe there will be a time in the future where men are no longer needed to help make babies, no sperm required, but still may be very well desired as it is the "natural" way of reproduction in mammals. Scientists have made this occur in mice by combining the nucleus of one female’s egg with that of another. The female offspring survived to adulthood and now has babies of her own. It can definitely happen in humans some day.

December 11, 2010 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
  16. Straight Guy

That's gay.

September 7, 2010 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  17. Captain Softy

Yeah we didn't see that coming!

September 6, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Susie

She did not choose to be a lesbian. She will not go to hell for being a lesbian, my God would never condemn someone to hell for this. And this will always be a hot topic, at least in our lifetime, there are too many haters. We are all Gods children, shame on everyone who spoke ill of her. I wish I was more like y'all, you know perfect...just saying

August 5, 2010 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  19. momo

Whether she is or isn't, no biggie, in my minds eye she was a lesbian ;-)

August 4, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  20. tuna

i'm a lesbian...except i have a p e n i s

August 4, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  21. WenDee

Sara Gilbert is a wonderful actress and has been in many things. ER, 24, Simpson's, just to name a few! She's been in several movies as well and has gotten a plaque on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It is sad that she has to even mention anything different about her partner but in all honestly, I don't think this has been an issue so much for most of the world. We love who we love and raise our families and the most important thing is to be respectful, responsible and loving. That is it. We shouldn't have to 'explain'. I only wish Sara had mentioned her partner when the other actors mentioned their husbands. It would help to lesson the gap between straights and gays and be one more move in the direction that we need to go – that is to be linked equally with our chosen partners just as marriages are linked in the site of all.

August 4, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  22. jim

You know people in TV world know they have no real talent. The only way they get someone to their new movie or read their new book or watch their brief talk show is to COME OUT OF THE CLOSET (again in this case), or say they were beaten as a child, or had an affair with their daddy, or gets arrested for drugs prior to movie release. People, go outside and do something with you kids or family and forget these stupid people. I'm not saying they are all stupid, but you know what I am saying, becasue you are not stupid. Make it Happen!!!!

August 4, 2010 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  23. Duh

She's a lesbian??? hee hee

August 3, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  24. GT66

A) "Gilbert, confirmed that she is a lesbian." There's a shocker.
    B) "Gilbert, who has a son and daughter with her TV producer partner Allison Adler."Does one of them have more gear than your standard female? If not, I'd say "with" her partner is a bit of a stretch. But hey, nothing says love is beautiful like store bought sperm and a squirt gun..

August 2, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • RbnLegend

I will be sure pass that along to all those straight couples that needed fertility doctors to help them have children, and all the adopted kids out there. All that really matters in parenting is the act of conception. All the hard work that comes after that doesn't matter, it's just the brief act of mating that counts.

August 3, 2010 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  25. Cholly Banes

they should announce this about her every two yrs.

August 2, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Bill Skadder

Who the hell cares about this grap, has she found a cure for cancer, has she put her life on the line for the rights and liberties of Americans. The first time I ever saw her on Rosanne I knew she was gay. So much for the insight of CNN.
    Here's a flash, I'm white, straight, work a honest job, give back to my community, served in the Armed Forces of USA. Give to the poor. Please, no pictures and respect my privacy.
    Bill

August 2, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  27. Sophia

I thought she came out YEARS ago... besides... who cares?

August 2, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  28. Willie12345

Is anyone surprised? I hope she has a happy life.

August 2, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  29. Freddy

nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! really?? no way lol

August 2, 2010 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  30. mmi16

Why should I care?

August 2, 2010 at 4:43 am | Report abuse |
  31. rob lotufo

big whoop! she is who she is, if you haven't figured this out yet, you weren't paying much attention. she's great on "big bang theory"

August 2, 2010 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  32. Really?

I don't get it?

August 1, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  33. mark nyc

in a related story....the sun rose today.

August 1, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  34. baseline

I always enjoyed her on Little House on the Prairie.

August 1, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Chief Hosa

Too bad. I had the hots for her back in the day. My hopes and dreams are dashed.

August 1, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Arglebargle

Better a Lesbian than a Morbian!

August 1, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  37. miguel

Coming out–publicly, in particular, for someone with a public presence–is a big deal. I wish her well.

August 1, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  38. steve

I do not think this is news, thought that this was atleast a strong rumor for a while. and of course it makes no difference to me.

August 1, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Lesbian Guy

I am using this forum to officially come out and say that "I am a Lesbian trapped in a man's body". Please do not use this opportunity to harass or make fun of a condition that I was born with. I live this life everyday and I'm trying to change but I don't think it's working.

August 1, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  40. george carlin

Truth is, she never had any other choice but to be "gay"....there isn't a man alive that would've touch that. Besides wasn't she the 12 years old butch on Roseanne. Yeah, BIG surprise.

August 1, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  41. msyellarose

Uh, we knew this when she was a kid on Rosanne.

August 1, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  42. Johnny deth

This isn't news – her being gay was reported a couple of years ago

August 1, 2010 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  43. Neal Jones

I always thought the scenes with her boyfriend on Roseanne seemed super fake. Now I know why.

August 1, 2010 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  44. Carolyn James

I always thought she was cute and lively, resilient and funny. All the best to her.

August 1, 2010 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  45. Don

Just another no-hack, talentless actor trying to make a name for themselves!! But she really screwed up, the in-thing nowadays is to say that your "bi" so that the media fawns over you. Regardless of her faux-pas, coming out of the closet to improve your career only works for the "attractive" females that guys want to sleep with!

July 31, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  46. allforadeuce

Confirmed? Confirmed what? She's been out of the closet for years now? Welcome to 2005!

July 31, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Jack Daws

"When you die you pay the wages of sin." As Paula Poundstone once said: "After taxes, it's probably just a tired feeling."

July 31, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Jack Daws

It's nice seeing all of you church people getting warmed up for worship tomorrow.

July 31, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  49. rubydubyblue

We will all go to hell. It is the grave. When you die you pay the wages of sin. When you are resurrected, then you can have the chance of life forever on earth. God will judge her. He is the only one with the authority and the right to judge.
    Read Romans 7:18-25.

July 31, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  50. weallgotone

Who here is really surprised?

July 31, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Michael in Arlington

'tom in dallas' for the love of God please, please, please change your name to 'Tom in San Francisco' or 'Tom in Idiotland' or anything else. I would hate for people on this board to think that any other native born Texans might agree with or sound like you. You are such a loser... ugh!

July 31, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  52. alan menser

Hasn't this been know for ten years or longer?

July 31, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Anon

Wow. Big announcement...except everyone has known for fifteen years, even if she didn't.

July 31, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  54. LRoy

Though I liked her as a smart mouth brat on Rosanne, I despise her being a lesbian.

Still, even though I'm anti-gay in the fact that such relationships are immoral, I would like to consider her a friend-who happens to be female-if I knew her privately.

Since one's personal choices affect society as a whole, then it is absolutely correct she should make this announcement at this time (for the benefit of those who either didn't know or chose to ignore until now). Everyone deserves the right to know how Ms. Gilbert's lifestyle will affect their community.

I wonder if she'll have her half-sister Melissa on the show.

July 31, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  55. Margaret S

Abnormal lifestyle. Not natural. ick.

July 31, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
    • RbnLegend

Yeah, but your computer grew on a tree. If unnatural is that much of a problem for you, get rid of all the unnatural stuff in your life.

No? Didn't think so.

August 3, 2010 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  56. david

She would have looked better in a flannel shirt and jeans. My guess is she wears the strap on.

July 31, 2010 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  57. reallynow

I never would have guessed. Like it was not obvious years ago when she was on Roseanne. Sad people have to confirm their orientation repeatedly or at all.

July 31, 2010 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  58. Ginger315

This is NOT news....a no-talent lesbian...........desperately trying to get back into the news/headlines

July 31, 2010 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  59. Lost in Afghanistan

I lost two sailors over here. Both of their bodies were finally recovered. Can't find that headline on this site......but I find this...and Chelsea's wedding? Sometimes I question why I wear this uniform.

July 31, 2010 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
    • @theidiotpostingthisstupidcomment

This is an E N T E R T A I N M E N T page, IDIOT!!!!! You obvious lack of intellegence and limited lack of reading comprehension is no excuse for being too stupid to live.

July 31, 2010 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  60. meatczar

She still needs to do the hair thing,, damn girl, looks like a rats nest

July 30, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Larry

Um... Did someone forget to tell her that you only get to "Come Out" once?
    She "came out" years ago on some talk show...

July 30, 2010 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Kevin

she: "I'm a lesbian!"
    us: "Big Deal. We already knew."

How is it possible that she is the last person to find out that she is gay? Everyone else has known it for over a decade...

July 30, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  63. maryelizabeth

Sara.. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! Looking forward to your POV!

July 30, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Noble9

Why is what you prefer in the bedroom a cause to "come out"? Do people into bondage make an announcement to the world? If you finally accept that you're a pedophile do you sit down with mom and dad and break the news to them? If your kink is whipped cream and a Batman costume do you call the press? I mean, come on, tmi...

July 30, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  65. loki

a lesbian talk show host with a sense of humor.......where have I seen that before......... o – 0

July 30, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Siege

This doesn't surprise me at all. My gaydar was going off the charts way back when she was on Roseanne. All I have to say is that if she's ever single again, I'd love a date! :-) Sara is GORGEOUS!

July 30, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  67. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

July 30, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Tube Steak Here Anyone

smothered in underwear!

July 30, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Dr. Hungwell

I thought Roseanne was Bi

July 30, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Dr Hungwell

This is the biggest story of the year!

July 30, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  71. jb

Um.....this is such old news, she came out years ago! Why all of sudden is it making news again! DUH!

July 30, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dr. Hungwell

They have to promote the show she is confirming that she doesn't like the tube steak.

July 30, 2010 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  72. cindy

Who cares?

July 30, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  73. courtney

this is ssssuuuuuppppeeeerrrrr old news; but, who cares anyway?! Darlene Conner rules!

July 30, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  74. me, Philadelphia, PA

She's been out for years – why is this suddenly a news story? She announced she was gay years ago on LKL when he had the Roseanne cast on.

July 30, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  75. jmz

Really?...nooooooo......I don't buy it .next thing you'll try to lie about is that liberache and clay aiken are gay too......

July 30, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  76. old news

The headline is REALLY old news, but at least some of the story is current.
    Personally I would like to see her back on her own sitcom, although I have enjoyed seeing her bit by bit on The Big Bang Theory.

July 30, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  77. MJ

For all of you who think this is not news and why would they bother wasting press space for this...YOU clicked the link. YOU read the story. So to YOU, it IS news.

July 30, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  78. J.

Um, she came out years ago, back before she did a stint on ER.

July 30, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Melanie

Why is this news?? She came out years ago. Knew she had a female partner. Knew she had kids. Move on.

July 30, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  80. red

As if we didnt know this already.. hope she does better on this talk show than she is doing on HawthoRNe...

July 30, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  81. OURsceneTV

Congrats to Sara! OURsceneTV is proud of you!!!

July 30, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Ed H

Is there anybody straight in Hollywood. Now that would be newsworthy, a celebrity.coming out saying they are straight

July 30, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Mike

Like this was a big surprise. It was pretty obvious when she was a kid something was not right with her.

July 30, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jaye

Really? Define "not right". Are you the authority on "right"? I think not. Sounds like a pretty bigoted statement, Archie.

July 30, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

it all started with adam and eve, not adam and steve...

July 30, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Mike

Two Mommies! Lucky kid will nurse for as long as he wants!

July 30, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Jim Campbell

I always found her so lifeless and depressing...I hope that is not from being a lesbian.

July 30, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Dan Connor

She should go back in the closet...She's still ugly..

July 30, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Dude

I believe you should only be allowed 1 mommie

July 30, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • tom in dallas

I kinda wish you never had one!

July 30, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pot & Kettle

Wow Tom, a little bit of hater aren't we.

July 30, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • tom in dallas

WE? Are you at hater too?

August 2, 2010 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
    • RbnLegend

Dude, if you are joining the relationship police, you have bigger worries than making sure no one has two mommies. Once you have all the families where Mommy or Daddy beats the kids badly enough to require a trip to the ER dealt with, and once you have found a way to keep people from leaving their infants in the car on hot days, then you can work on some of the less important stuff.

If too many mommies keeps you awake at night, you don't just have issues, you have a subscription.

August 3, 2010 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  88. Jordan

wow...this is really old news.

July 30, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  89. DEE DEE

shes been out of the closet years ago......HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???????

July 30, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  90. fuyuko

"What sets her apart from the other women, however, is that Gilbert’s kids have two mommies."

the tone of this article is really juvenile. this might've been shocking in the 80's, but this is 2010. no one cares if she has a wife, a husband, or a harem. having 2 mommies is not shocking. its life for millions of americans whose parents are divorced or remarried.

July 30, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • NotFred

A lesbian harem would be news. Don't see many of those in the US, even in "Entertainment-land".

August 1, 2010 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  91. Lisa

She's said in the past that she's a mommy and her partner is a mommy. So I don't know why this is news to anyone now?????

July 30, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Suzanne

Who didn't know this already? This info is not new. Honestly, it doesn't affect my life so I don't care. At least she has a job!

July 30, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Geri

Who cares?

July 30, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Mary

Someone posted "who didn't see that coming". Well, I didn't. But maybe that's because I don't look at people and spend my time wondering about who they like to sleep with. Gay, straight, by....it shouldn't make any difference. But people are so concerned with what other people are doing in their own bedrooms! That's what makes this news.

July 30, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Nan

I remember reading about her being gay in a magazine article a fews years back... It was an article about the "Roseanne" cast of what they're doing now or whatever... She came out awhile back...

July 30, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • nunya

She came out a while back, but since no one paid attention, she's doing it again because of the new show. In ten years, she'll come out again.

Being gay is old news really. No one cares one way or the other. All of this coming out should stop.

July 30, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • tom in dallas

@ nunya...what world do YOU live in? It doesn't matter if someone is gay? Thank YOU for thinking nothing of it, but listen to the news and the crap that flows from some people's mouths. There's plenty of hatred!

July 30, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  96. GetReal

I thought everyone knew about this DECADES ago. Duh.

July 30, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Elizabeth

Wasn't this confirmed before? I could have sworn we discussed this years ago.

July 30, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ponter Bodditt

I was thinking the same thing. I could have sworn she came out in the 90s.

July 30, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Boof

I thought this was common knowledge or was she just following the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy of our military?

July 30, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Gerry

Why would anyone take "parenting" advice from any of these women?? Just trying for some free publicity for the new show.

July 30, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Sir Loin of Beef

Straight men across the planet just let out a huge sigh of relief. Hell, she wasn't even cute when she was young. Even Sarah Jessica Parker is better looking than this chick....er, dude.....er, whatever.......

July 30, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Mike

And in related news, the sky is blue.

July 30, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

That's unrelated. This is the marquee blog, so if you wanted to find "world news" go somewhere else, idiot.

July 30, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  102. JB!

In today's news, scientists confirm the sun is hot....

July 30, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom Brokaw

We have also confirmed that you are an idiot.

July 30, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim

Ignore "Brokaw" – they're just mad no one gives them special attention for being gay. That was a funny comment JB.

July 30, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • jps

Why the nasty comeback? I think JB was just pointing out that most of us already knew she was gay. I honestly thought she "came out" years ago. And who cares? It isn't an issue, or shouldn't be.

July 30, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Kristi

Every show has to have its token. From the list of celebritards on this show I guess they are trying to cover all the bases by pandering to each minority group. My question is: who is representing the transgender community?

July 30, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  104. PJ

Guess I'm just naive, but all this so called coming out...........how pathetic.

July 30, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim

Agreed. Who cares, honestly. People draw attention to the most ignorant garbage. Report something meaningful, not that another LGBT person "came out". Drama queens.

July 30, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • reality

it's the straighties who are the drama queens making issue of it, asking about it, needing to report it. gays don't just wake up and decide to figure out how to get their orientation in the news anymore than you do. put the blame where it belongs. and face it, it's an issue because so many people freak out about it.

July 30, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  105. JDB

Who gives a S**T? I'm not gay but I don't go blaring it to get publicity. This being gay is such a self-aggrandizing thing. Get over yourselves.

July 30, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • tonyp

It's important for those who are ignorant to know that there are more gay people around than you might realize...it is more self-empowering than it is self-aggrandizing (and congrats on spelling that correctly). The teens and other people who are closeted/fearful/beat down/destroyed by prejudice can look up to a celebrity like her and realize, "Hey...maybe there isn't anything wrong with me after all." Get over YOURSELF.

July 30, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • reality

er, you realize it's usually not us who bring it up. the fact that you don't have to confirm gives you an inkling of what we go through. yet you still whine about nothing.

July 30, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  106. david

wow, didn't see that coming *sarcasm* I think she confirmed she was a lesbian when she was playing a smart@ss 12 year old on Roseanne... I remember reading this a few years ago though, so its definitely not new, news. Also, why do these "coming out" stories make news?? Guess what, I'm straight! Wheres my coverage!!!!?!?!?

July 30, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • tom in dallas

That's so lame when folks say things like that (Guess what – I'm straight. Where's my coverage). Things change when 'the masses' find out that someone is gay. Kinda like your ignorant reaction – pretending that nothing changes. Some people will automatically dislike her now – others will 'know' that she's going to hell, etc. Don't act like it's no big deal until is IS no big deal!

July 30, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • K

You moron!!! No you don't have to come out straight, that's an assumed stutus w/ no limitations on it. Let me guess you are a white male too? Loser

July 30, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • JW

Looks like you have gotten the gay's panties all bunched up in a wad. Shame on you!

July 30, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robert

Obviousely it is news, or ignorant people like you would not be reading it and posting comments about it. Straight people don't get coverage because people assume everyone is straight, and when they find out they're wrong they freak out. Someday it will not be news. You'll know when that day comes because people will stop reading the stories and posting ignorant comments about them. Obviousely we haven't reached that time yet.

July 30, 2010 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • your best friend

really? we all thought you liked boys...

July 30, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Petra

Until it's more socially accepted to be gay/lebsian, things like this will be considered news worthy.

July 31, 2010 at 4:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Daws

What? You are?? Oh damn that should make news! :P

August 1, 2010 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Tim

To David, who asked where his coverage was for being straight. How about 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, that lifestyle being promoted on television, radio, film and books? Is that enough coverage for you?

January 18, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Truckdriver

Duh....put her on that list with Clay Aiken and Ricky Martin for "who didn't see that coming".

July 30, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pete3310

THANK YOU.

July 30, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • McObvious

Seriously, is anyone surprised by this? I liked her on Roseanne but it was obvious to me that she was gay.

July 31, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim

As to the 'who didn't see that coming' remark – easy to say in retrospect. Of course, it has been kind of known since 2004 at least about Sara, but this is clearly due to her heightened profile. Plus, the public seems to have a short memory, as witnessed by Freddie Mercury and Elton John 'shockers' years after everyone on EARTH knew. I don't actually know who Clay Aiken is, and prefer not to think about Ricky Martin, so can't comment there.

January 18, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  108. jona

Aw shucks.. this is so important I think I am really going to have to kill myself now.

July 30, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • NyteShayde

Post video

July 30, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • ignatius718

"I'm shocked! Shocked to find there is gambling going on here!"

July 31, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Winot

I am shocked and saddened! I would have never imagined. Cynicism intended

July 31, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • nomoregobldgk

yeah, most people around here could care less if anyone they know lives or dies but like we all care so much who some random tv talking head beds down with...beam me up Scottie

August 1, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Lee

Is'nt it a shame she had to confirm she is a lesbian??......she has been accepted as an American actress with much talent & I wish her well on her new talk show.....seems funny to have to "confirm".

July 30, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Melanie

Talent? She did one sitcom years ago! I'd say she's pretty average

July 30, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jon

A luke warm "talent" on her best day.

July 30, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jon Southerland

This is not "Breaking news", Sara Gilbert confirmed years ago that she is a lesbian and has two kids with her female partner. This was on Larry King a few years ago.

July 30, 2010 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Melanie, She has done several things since 'Roseanne'. Currently, she is on the Emmy award winning 'Big Bang Theory'. Not saying her performance is outstanding, but she has always made me giggle. Furthermore, didn't she confirm she was a lesbian years ago? Why is this news?

July 31, 2010 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Jada Reiber

This is old, old, news isn't it? Why does she have to confirm?

August 1, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |