Jon Hamm is missing the marriage chip
July 30th, 2010

Jon Hamm is missing the marriage chip

Much like his "Mad Men" character Don Draper, Jon Hamm isn't exactly a fan of marriage. Happily committed to actress Jennifer Westfeldt, 40, since 1997, Hamm says he has no plans to take a walk down the aisle.

"I don't have the marriage chip, and neither of us have the greatest examples of marriages in our families," 39-year-old Hamm, whose parents divorced when he was two, tells Sunday's Parade magazine. "But Jen is the love of my life, and we've already been together four times longer than my parents were married."

Though the couple, who met while performing in the off-Broadway play "Lipschtick," are crazy in love, Hamm confesses he definitely doesn't have babies on the brain.

"I like kids but I also like the option to close the door," he explains. "Becoming a parent is a whole other life, and it doesn't stop."

1. Tmz justin bieber

Interesting, fun and also sociable articles might help increase the visitor associated with an interior e-zine, but will not shed view of the communications objectives.its funny

February 12, 2012 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  2. Mary Ann

Smart couple,You don't have to be married and have children to have a great realationship.

August 1, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  3. Bonjour

I don't think he's gay at all. And for all those who say "Poor her", what makes you think they don't share the same beliefs? It's not everybody's dream to grow up, get married and have children. Point in case: the 50% of marriages that end in divorce. Maybe some of those people weren't meant to marry in the first place.

July 31, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ej

wow. Someone who is responsible. Rear

July 31, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. ondine

by the time he tires of her she'll be too old to have a child – How selfish
    his belief system sounds lazy and only self-serving.

July 31, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesse

Ondine, aren't we the judgmental one. Let me guess; you're a pious, holier-than-thou, better-than-everyone-else Christian?

July 31, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

Jesse, just because Ondine is stating an opinion doesn't mean s/he is a "pious, holier-than-thou, better than every one else Christian." It does mean Ondine has an opinion regarding Jon Hamm's choosing not to get married and not to have children, in case they break up later and Jennifer can no longer have children. I would suggest as a Christian who is NOT a holier-than-thou type, that these two have most likely discussed this decision and both feel the same way. Not everyone wants children or should have them. I, have several, but would not ask others if they're having children or tell them they should.

August 1, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • TLK

People like YOU are selfish...not everyone wants/needs to want a certain kind of life!!! Idiot

May 10, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  6. sherry

I feel bad for her. She fell in love with a guy who doesn't want to get married, doesn't want to have kids and pretty much just said he wants a way out of the relationship if something happens.

July 31, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

What, there's no way out if they marry and want to split? There's ALWAYS a way out. Just ask the people involved in the 50% divorce rate.

July 31, 2010 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Holly Golightly

Somehow I don't think Jon Hamm is gay. Just my gut feeling–I don't know for sure. Although I do wish I had firsthand experience! He he. A girl can dream, right? She is cute, but Jon is just a Greek God! Mad Men rocks and Jon is a superb actor in my humble opinion. If they don't want to get married, it's their business. Marriage can be great–so I hear. However, it's not for everyone.

July 31, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Rose

Maybe they just want to have a relationship that is not based on a piece of paper and the need to add to the billions and billions of us that are already crowding the planet. Doesn't seem all that bad to me.

July 31, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  9. Michael

No thanks. Good try, though.

July 31, 2010 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
  10. Michael

True. Straight men, by nature, aren't intelligent enough to stay away from marriage and children.

July 30, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • John H.

Hey, Michael, speak for your gay self; I'm straight, never-been-married, without children, and have been happily dating for twenty years.

And, Mrs. Thing, try to open your somewhat narrow mind to the mind-boggling crazy concept (to you) that there are actually good-looking, straight, well-adjusted, and intelligent men who have absolutely ZERO desire to ever fall into the grip of marriage.

July 30, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mrs. Thing

Gay.

July 30, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. SANDRA

I agree with Holly he is sooooo HOTT HOTT

July 30, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  13. cat

She better watch out. Once she hit 40, it is not much longer before being traded in for a younger, blonder version.

July 30, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • marta

He doesn't look like that type of guy... But neither did Tiger, so you might have a point.

July 30, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Doesn't "look the type"? I've always been amused by this expression; how does anyone look like a so-called deviant behavior? In this case (or Tiger's), just because a man looks clean cut, charming, and good natured enough, does that mean he LOOKS like he wouldn't cheat?

July 30, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Holly Golightly

That man is so gorgeous it's not even funny.

July 30, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marta

I hear you! He's so hot!!! mmm mmm

July 30, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Whose Planet is it anyway?

She is gorgeous too. He better be on his toes... there are some good-looking Roger Sterlings in this town that let her shine instead of competing!

July 31, 2010 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
    • John

He is also missing the good acting chip.

August 1, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |