The Uninvited: Who won’t be at Chelsea’s wedding?
July 29th, 2010

The Uninvited: Who won’t be at Chelsea’s wedding?

The guest list for the most talked about wedding of the summer is rumored to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 to 500 people, but when the father of the bride is a former President and her mother is Secretary of State, it’s safe to say that list had to be whittled down a bit.

We already know one very prominent guest who will reportedly not be there, and that’s President Barack Obama. (But the President seems to understand. He told the hosts of “The View" Thursday, “I’m letting you know now: Y’all probably will not be invited to Sasha or Malia’s wedding, either.”)

Joining Obama on the uninvited list is John Catsimatidis, owner of Red Apple and Gristedes supermarkets who, according to the New York Times, has raised millions for the Clintons.

While Catsimatidis said he hoped to be invited, he pretty much figured out he didn’t make the cut when, two weeks away from the event, he still hadn’t received an invitation.

Over at the New York Daily News, Norton Mezvinsky, the supposed lone uncle of Clinton’s soon-to-be-husband, Marc Mezvinsky, told the paper that he, too, has been left off the guest list.

A rep for Al and Tipper Gore reportedly piped up to say in a statement that the recently separated couple also won’t be at the wedding, but it isn’t clear whether or not they were invited.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Neha Anand

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I've really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

March 25, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Barb

Money is not 'out of reach' with politicians. After Bill "screwed up" (no pun intended), they were said to be broke, and then, "'VALAH!", a MULTI MILLION DOLLAR HOME APPEARED AS THEIR NEW RESIDENT! Being BROKE has different meanings I guess for people like the Clintons, lo!

I'm happy that Chelsea found a "love", and I hope that with all his and her family and personal issues, they change the tide, and have a peaceful honest life, with LOVE for each other and for others. If they choose to have 400 or 500 wedding guests, the money that her parents spend on the wedding, will come back from the guests (especially their chosen guests I'm sure) into the lives of the two newlyweds.....So what comes around, goes around! Chelsea should have : homes, boats, cars, and all the extras,,,,,,,,,paid for initially by the wedding costs, I'm sure.....with the love of her guests. She deserves a chance of a low stress, financial non-worry life, after what all she's been through! It's obvious to me, that I sure wouldn't want to be the daughter of Bill and Hillary Clinton, especially an "only". I wish the whole family love, peace, integrity, honesty, and stability.

July 31, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. keburg1

". . . .who knows on whom anyone could accidentally bump into at the wedding?"

I'm speechless.

July 30, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Me Me Me

I was invited and I will attend. Hey Mr. Pres., give me a call. I'll tell you all about it.

July 30, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Moon B

It was a wise decision by President Obama not to attend. With those pedophiles, tax evaders and all other disgraceful individuals who are regular associates of the Clintons, who knows on whom anyone could accidentally bump into at the wedding?
    And Bill really has wasted his sperms spilling them on all the places instead of using them to make one nice product which is at least interesting to look at!!! Is it going to be the ugliest American bride?

July 30, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Carlos

I can't believe they are spending so much money on this wedding. But whatevs. She is a nobody and they will be divorced in less than 5 years. Mark it on your calendars. Chelsea, if you are reading this stop kidding yourself and save us the trouble of reading it on CNN that it didn't work out and just bail now.

July 30, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. MOBADTHANGOOD

Darn, Sorry Chelesa but I got mine and I won't be able to attend.
    But good news. I gave it to Kanye West. He said he would be there and would probably bring a date. He said he hoped it would be alright to bring Roseanne Barr.
    He also said that if he couldn't make it he would give the invite to Flava Flav.

July 30, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Nathan Von Counts

Yo, Chelsea Clinton is marrying a Russian Jewish Bolsheviek wallstreet exec.. Former President Clinton must be proud that his daughter is marrying a communist who is associated with toppling the Russian monarchy. So, I guess that means the Clinton's are communists? GO USA. I find this appalling as I have had relatives die from both sides of the atlantic during WWI and WWII and now a former President's daughter is marrying a communist. What about Vietnam and Koriea Chelsea? That's right polilticians just send innocent people to war and then marry the enemy. Shameful!!

July 30, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chop from chesapeake

hey kid, you being very pretty is your opinion. i'm pretty sure that others might disagree.as far as chelsea,i don't see anything wrong with her.she's just a young girl that wants to be happy and get married after all that shes been through. she did'nt want to shack up, not that there is anything wrong with it.as for you, i agree with you.you're a kid and a very modest one too.

July 30, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  10. hooseygoosey

Watch out there's a whole slew of KKK-like citiziens (aka 'fringes') on this site - (and be careful; they hide behind religion) - they're incapable of one rational thought; in fact, they don't even think - EVIL - JEALOUS - NEGATIVE - oh and they drive American-made SUV's and pick up trucks!! Watch out America and be very afraid....
    Congratulations to Chelsea and Marc; have a beautiful wedding; the weather will be picture perfect.....

July 30, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Lay off the Crack!

You got to put the pipe down before you speak, sweetheart. Are you suggesting for us not to buy American (given if it is the best product). How dare you and I hope to the highest form you never have to rely on this great country for ANYTHING. Or you are being sarcastic and in that case it is cute, but label it as such next time..

July 30, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  11. Nathan Von Counts

Yo, Chelsea Clinton is marrying a Russian Jewish Bolsheviek wallstreet exec.. Former President Clinton must be proud that his daughter is marrying a communist who is associated with toppling the Russian monarchy. So, I guess that means the Clinton's are communists? GO USA. I find this appalling as I have had relatives die from both sides of the atlantic during WWI and WWII and now a former President's daughter is marrying a communist. What about Vietnam and Koriea Chelsea? That's right polilticians just send innocent people to war and then marry the enemy. What a sham!!!

July 30, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  12. JohnT47

Was there this much ado about Rush Limbaugh's recent nuptials?

July 30, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  13. Nathan Von Counts

July 30, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  14. Annie

Who cares..................she is just another bride like all the other brides getting married that day. Her wedding should not be such a big deal because it isn't.

July 30, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  15. eyjafjallajokull

Best of wishes Chels and Marc. I hope you have a wonderful life together. I hope you don't have time to read all the crap printed by some of these Clingons and Cyclopses. My wedding dress cost me all of $14.00 and my marriage has lasted 39 years. So it isn't how much you spend on the wedding, it's how much you are willing to give each other. Love to you both.

July 30, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  16. Eternal Sunshine & The Highway Wave Surfers

Not the fact that she is less than attractive, or her parents are far less than perfect in their marriage. My quip, is the media and how they are trying to equate this wedding to something close to royalty. Sorry ppl., Chelsea is an unfortunate political pond for her mommy and daddy to bounce off of. FYI...her wedding is costing more than Tom and Kattie's!! Besides the wedding will be no fun with out some break dancing by Biden or Barry!

July 30, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  17. mejazzbo

Good this is in the entertainment section and not listed as news.

July 30, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  18. NiceGuyEddie

I wish that entire family would move to Switzerland and never come back. All they are is greedy cheating liars and have their sights on the bottom dollar $$$$$ and could care less about you – never did, never will.

July 30, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  19. ED

Can't attend, going to spend time with 2 of my grandkids...

July 30, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  20. Marta

I can't believe so many people think Chelsea it's ugly, she's not "hollywood hot" but she's cute!

And why are so many of you suprised of the amount of guests and the cost of the wedding? We're talking about "The Clintons"!!!!

I'm really happy for Chelsea, and I hope she has a great wedding and a wonderful marriage!

July 30, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  21. Chris

That's some pedigree the groom comes from .

July 30, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  22. frenchie

I am from Canada & I can't believe what people are posting for Chelsea & Mark. It is insane and rude for some of these comments and these comments should be removed. I wish them the best of luck. Chelsea is adorable, just look at her beautiful eyes. This is my cue If they have the money and want to spend it on their daughter so be it there is nothing that you or anyone for that matter can do anything about. You hear all the bad things about the clintons from years ago, but they do a lot of charity work and yes they give their money away. Thanks Frenchie

July 30, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  23. Vladimir

This is a typical tabloid news. I was very surprised to see it as prime news on CNN. All the details, absolutely irrelevant for a serious news channel. Tons of news much more worth airing. Is that a matter of pleasing the public for advertisers?

July 30, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  24. Bunny

Why do people always judge others by their looks? I wonder what some of these idiots look like. Chelsea is a beautiful woman inside and out. Her parents, however messed up they were, have done a wonderful job in raising such a well rounded young lady. They should be proud. Good Luck to Chelsea and Marc. Always keep God in your life and marriage.

July 30, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • jimmyhoffa

ON THE OUTSIDE NO!!! ON THE INSIDE I HAVE NO IDEA NEVER BEEN IN THERE!!!

July 30, 2010 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  25. jimmyhoffa

I CAN'T MAKE IT.........BECASUE I HAVE TO WORK AND MAKE MONEY IN ORDER TO FEED MY FAMILY. I AM GLAD TO SEE THAT SOMEONE WILL MARRY HER. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE DUDE!!!!

July 30, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  26. joebiden

I wasn't invited either....and to the "great unwashed", eat cake!

July 30, 2010 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  27. john-boy

corn-on-the-cob wont be a problem she could eat it thru a fence

July 30, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  28. Anna

People who are bitter with their own lives and have ugly spouses or have no spouses and can get no girlfriends, are the ones making the nasty comments

July 30, 2010 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
    • jimmyhoffa

SO TRUE ANNA.... ARE YOU SINGLE????

July 30, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • MOBADTHANGOOD

Lead a sheltered little life don't you?
      Its all in fun. Get over it. If you were working you wouldn't be reading this junk anyway.

July 30, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  29. john-boy

I would just bet Stand By Your Man is on the music list.

July 30, 2010 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  30. lOUW

I wonder if Monica will be there?

July 30, 2010 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  31. Taking one for the team

This guy must be someone's wing man...he is taking one for the team! Or he is taking the grenade for his buddies!

Seriously though...this guy is probabaly doing it to be "connected"...hope the Clintons diss his ass.

July 30, 2010 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  32. SAM

Oh my God the Looks just like her Mother,POOR KID

July 30, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  33. Will

Shiksaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

July 30, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  34. dave

who freakin cares about this crap we got better stuff to talk about then this shhhh-[crap].
    god the news sucks anymore.

July 30, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  35. frank harrison

Can't go.....left my only suit in San Juan.

July 30, 2010 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  36. Monica L.

I'm still waiting for my invitation.

July 30, 2010 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  37. frostytop

Good Luck Chelsea and Marc! Remember this day forever and most of all remember your committed made to each other and before God! Include Him in your lives together from this day forward, for better or worse and all will be well. To Bill and Hillary, Congratulations! You have both raised a fine young woman through better and worse. Your happiness is only beginning, wait till the grandchildren start arriving. There is a demension to love that you are yet to experience. God Speed and Happiness to all!!

July 30, 2010 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  38. Sunita

It seems like there are way too many unhappy people in this world....how very sad.........look in your own backyards before passing all these rude and nasty comments.

July 30, 2010 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
    • keburg1

Sunita: I just looked in my backyard and saw your kids playing there. Boy, are they ugly!

July 30, 2010 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  39. justdoit

Don't be so sensitive Edwin! R u related to Chelsea. Either that, her plastic surgeon, or just a stalker?

July 30, 2010 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  40. DeTamble

People who take the time to read a story
    log in, and then leave a comment
    that the story was a waste of time

You are actually wssting other peoples tiime
    and showing us your IQ.

July 30, 2010 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  41. The Kid

Wow she is ugly, I just feel bad for the groom.

July 30, 2010 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  42. zoomer165

she look as nasty as her mother does. he's only marrying her for the money and fame.
    and by the way who in the hell wants to go to her wedding, what a waste of time.

July 30, 2010 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  43. Carson Mayfred

Marriage is a celebration of love in its proper contest and therefore people shouldn't infuse politics into this wedding. Most of the comments I have read so far have political undertone which is rather unfortunate. Chelsea is a remarkable person and so is her husband to be, so stop castigating them in this unfriendly media where the deliquents of Lindsay is cherished...what has this culture become? One thing is for sure; this marriage will be a successful one relatively compare to most hollywood marriages. So to the media, give Chelsea a break and put politics/politricks aside

July 30, 2010 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
    • keburg1

"Marriage is a celebration of love in its proper contest. . . . "

Out of the mouths of babes - and fools.

July 30, 2010 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  44. randallred

Honestly – nobody cares. The media is pushing this story because nothing else is going on. Puleez.

July 30, 2010 at 7:20 am | Report abuse |
  45. John H

What about Monica? It'd be a gas if she showed up.

July 30, 2010 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  46. JJRoss

Obama said "Y’all" – is that ebonics or southern redneck slang.

It gets so confusing when Barry is trying to fit in with the little people.

July 30, 2010 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
  47. www.videomove.net

A very sweet woman

July 30, 2010 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  48. Blanche

In Hawaii we have big weddings all the time....avg size is 300-600 guests so this is no big deal.

I think it's great that Chelsea is charge of who she wants at her wedding, that is how it should be. Good luck & Blessings for them both.

July 30, 2010 at 6:37 am | Report abuse |
  49. mbell

Who won't be there? The Groom if he has any sense or if his vision comes back to him. Woof!

July 30, 2010 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  50. J Haas

Anyone with a limited tolerance for ugliness will stay far, far away from that wedding. That's why air travel was suspended. The FAA was afraid that pilots could go blind or sue the company for a job-inflicted chronic erectile dysfunction.

July 30, 2010 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
  51. Sandi

All this money being spent for what purpose? A wedding day should be about 2 people in front of a preacher stating they will love each other until death do them part – nothing more. The money could be better spent on other things – including charity. And that doesn't just go for Chelsea's wedding but anyone who spends an exorbitant amount saying I do.

July 30, 2010 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Barbara

Sandi
      This is AMERICA. People give to charity becuse they choose to. The Clinton's have donated millions to charity so if they choose to spend THEIR money on a big wedding so be it. This for all of you who do not understand how the economy works is generating a lot of revenue for this town as well as all the suppliers (small business owners) and the people who work for the caters,florist, photo, and wedding planner. Chelse you will make one beautiful bride and best of wishes. ENJOY your day

July 30, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  52. Bruce Lee

Shut up, Chuck. I'll kick your ass again. From the grave.

July 30, 2010 at 5:58 am | Report abuse |
  53. usafirefly

Not the least interested in her life or this! Who cares? There's something not right with the man she's marrying.

July 30, 2010 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  54. Jessica

CNN.. I read over at the People's Magazine site yesterday (maybe day before that) that President Obama and his Wife *WERE* invited to the wedding, however *they* declined the invitation due to security issues and paparazi.
    Might you want to get your story straight next time? Just sayin'....

July 30, 2010 at 5:10 am | Report abuse |
    • keburg1

Might you want to consider that CNN is right and the "People's" magazine - whatever that is - is wrong?

July 30, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  55. Fred

I'm going with Michaele and Tareq Salahi as their guest. I did not ask, but I'm assuming they were invited.

July 30, 2010 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  56. Shannon Hampton

I am Happy for Chelsea wedding i pray for her marriage to go well.The President is not all bothered by not going at all he has way to many left overs he has to deal with than being worried about going to some Wedding.Best of Luck Chelsea.

July 30, 2010 at 3:47 am | Report abuse |
  57. erika gibbons

Don't forget Monica, Bubba will be doing her in the kitchen when the guests are in the sitting room

July 30, 2010 at 3:38 am | Report abuse |
  58. murli

I was not invited, maybe they did not have my cell number or address.

Just kidding.

July 30, 2010 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
  59. Charlie

Who really cares??? First it is Brittany, then Paris, then Lindsay, and now this one. One thing the $3 to $5 Million price tag really shows is how out of touch Clinton's and the democrats really are with the needs of real everyday people.

July 30, 2010 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Edwin

If they have that much money, what do you suggest - they keep it in a bank account? Or should they buy lots of stock options and financial derivatives?

I think it is ridiculous that anyone even HAS $1 million, but they have it and want to spend it.

It is also interesting that you compared her to three women who have had serious troubles with alcohol and/or DUI's and/or run-ins with the law. Chelsea has done none of that (though Bush's daughters have). What makes you lump them all together?

July 30, 2010 at 3:54 am | Report abuse |
    • realworld

Yeah. I've never heard of a republican celebrity having an expensive wedding.

July 30, 2010 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
    • CANTFIXSTUPID

Charlie, who cares ??

My guess is that you do, you read the story
      YOU logged in and left a comment.

Charlie, you are a toad stool, please go back to the forest.

July 30, 2010 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Barbara

THIS is AMERICA you earn your money and you spend it how you choose.

July 30, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  60. Teresa Weltin

Except for a few..... and very few positive comments (for which I would like to thank those decent people who wrote them).....I want to say I am throughly ashamed of the rude and vulgar comments made regarding Chelsea Clinton's upcoming wedding..... remember people who are discourteous and make outrageous and malicious comments deliberately, are very ugly characters intrinsically. Especially when they don't know the person personally.....they are incredibly destructive, poisonous, and prefer the path of ruin. Take a good look at yourselves in the mirror and realize you have a mental impairment and have always been infused with "hate" plus the words praise and approval have NEVER been in your vocabulary. A PERSON WHO MARRIES ANY ONE OF YOU WILL RUE THE DAY!

July 30, 2010 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Edwin

Many people who post mean or rude comments dislike her simply because of her parents. They know nothing about her except her lineage, but these posters so despised the Clintons that they hate her for that reason alone.

It is very biblical, to hate the child for the actions of the parents. It is imbecilic, but it is very biblical.

The other people who post awful things do so because they are immature and think it is funny to be rude to other people. And on the web, you can be as rude as you like and there is no one telling you to behave. So they are probably acting out against their own parents...

July 30, 2010 at 3:48 am | Report abuse |
    • keburg1

Wow. Really? You get THIS upset by some rude posters? Yeah, they're rude, uninformed, inarticulate, judgmental. But come on already. They're just talkin' trash on a CNN blog. It's not like they're taking a dump on the wedding table or writing obscenities in her guest book.
      If you get THIS upset over posters, you must have a STROKE every time the paper boy throws your paper in the bushes.

July 30, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
    • minnie

Very well said!!! At least there are a few of us who are rationale.

July 30, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  61. David

Johnny, sorry to hear your own wife left you. For a lesbian no less.

I can see how it would make you a bitter old fool, jealous of very happy newlyweds-to-be.

July 30, 2010 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
  62. Johnny Bravo

Is this horse really getting married? I mean with a face like that she'd scare the bejesus out of someone. What a complete false going nowhere wedding with a lot of hot air liars. Round em up and throw away the key already.

July 30, 2010 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Charleis

$3 -$5 million can buy a lot of beauty.

July 30, 2010 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Edwin

It is so sad that your hatred of her parents has clouded your ability to behave decently or think rationally.

It is also sad that so many people think it is acceptable nowadays to simply be rude for no particular reason...

July 30, 2010 at 3:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Johnny DIckwad

you are an ass-whole

July 30, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Panties

I used to be married to Chelsea; but she ran away. Now I know what happened with her.

July 30, 2010 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  64. David

Indian Trojan, you named yourself appropriately.

You have the brains of a condom.

July 30, 2010 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  65. IndianTrojan

LOL! She looks like an Orc from the Lord of the Rings :D

July 30, 2010 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  66. JamesBond80

How dare you Billy and your little dog too. Hillary that is. Next time hecklers bring up Mena Arkansas and tell him how dare he for allowing the CIA to smuggle drugs to sell to our kids right in his backyard.

July 30, 2010 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  67. Martin Blankenship

I was gonna go, but something came up. Gotta remove gunk from my toe and fingernails, pick my nose and do something about those ever present dingleberries!

July 30, 2010 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  68. Erika Faust

chelsea, you are such a special young lady in so many ways, including looking precious; I want to wish you and your husband to be, the very, very best life together. In case of any need, look up to God first, he will guide both of you.
    People can be so horrible human. Try and ignore them. Ypou have it all... Most fondly Erika Faust

July 30, 2010 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Lisa Lee

Ok, 2 days before the wedding, I am sure Chelsea is reading the comments left on CNN. You people make me laugh.

July 30, 2010 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  69. David

Greg, you do care. You clicked on the link to read this! LOL

July 30, 2010 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  70. Adrian

I feel like we are living in a Monarchy and the monarch family has a wedding and everybody comments on. Come on people, wake up, or you won't have a country left.

July 30, 2010 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Edwin

Do you REALLY think that Chelsea's wedding is going to destroy the country? How?

People aren't obsessed with the Clintons - they are obsessed with all celebrities. If Britney Spears got married and had a $2 million wedding, it would make the headlines, too.

July 30, 2010 at 3:40 am | Report abuse |
  71. greg misakyan

I don't care about her dumb wedding, the next thing you'll hear, is "she's getting divorced".

July 30, 2010 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  72. luke

They will get merried next week and they will get devoriced the week after this is the american way of living ,but i wish them good luck.

July 30, 2010 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  73. Alek

I can imagine that she'd be the worst bride in the history of brides.

July 30, 2010 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  74. vishu

The invitees are friends and families.I am so glad The Obummer was not invited.He is not their friend or family.

July 30, 2010 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  75. Charley

Make sure the Shalahis are on the list because there be at your toasting before you can utter a word, then disappear after taking a few photos for there facebook page.

July 30, 2010 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  76. David

What is it with you people who want to slam how Chelsea looks? Are all of you runway models, or more likely, jealous, green-eyed monsters!

Give Chelsea credit for surviving the unwelcome limelight that her father created. She's a good girl, never been in any trouble and she's grown into quite the beauty inside and out!

I wish her a day filled with everything she wants it to be, all good!

July 30, 2010 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
    • edwin

Why do you even ask? This is the same crowd that watches breathlessly as Lindsay Lohan is interviewed from jail.

If a woman hasn't had 20+ boyfriends or gotten at least one DUI by the time she's 25, most Americans consider her a failure.

July 30, 2010 at 3:38 am | Report abuse |
  77. Norman

I love that the only daughter of Bill and Hillary, proud leaders of the Democratic Party of the people, is marrying a hedge fund trader (greedy, operate outside the law, brought down the economy) in a $2 million wedding ceremony. Social climbing, money-loving hypocrites, and they always have been.

July 30, 2010 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  78. Bob F

I WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND BUT THAT IS THE DAY SET ASIDE TO STRAIGHTEN MY SOCK DRAWER

July 30, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  79. Chris

I have to say, I don't really see her being that attractive of a bride, just saying......

July 29, 2010 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Way to go skippy! do you also tell mommy's that their babys are ugly? sheesh

July 30, 2010 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  80. ozarkdon

I hope this kid is more loyal to Chelsea than his slime ball father in law was to Hillary

July 29, 2010 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • andrew

hhmmmmm if my FIL/MIL are Bill and Hillary Clinton I don't think I'd have the balls to ever cheat on their daughter. This guy is defintiely going to be the one wearing the skirts but hey if he's comfortable doing that so be it. At any rate I hope they have a great marriage that lasts their entire lives! Regardless of what you think of Bill/Hil, Chelsea seems to be a pretty decent and well raised daughter.

July 30, 2010 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  81. Lucky Louie

Well, I must be invited, since my name isn't on the list of people who weren't invited. Glad I found out - I'm on my way to New York.

July 29, 2010 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alley

Louie, try and give my best to Bill and Hillary just before you are escorted out the door by security.

July 29, 2010 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  82. hhjhj

hoo hoo

July 29, 2010 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  83. joe

wow 400 people plus. i sure hope the wedding has american legal workers. best of luck to chelsea and her groom
    i hope and pray mr.clinton is not giving the grrom any marital pointers

July 29, 2010 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  84. amac1959

Hey, all you wedding crashers! Crash THIS!!

July 29, 2010 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  85. donna

I was invited but I have more important things to do.

July 29, 2010 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Kansan

The wedding guests are supposed to be friends and family of the bride and groom. The wedding is all about the bride and groom. If the President were the guest, he would distract from the two the day is supposed to be centered around. You media types seem to forget this when trying to make Chelsea look bad for not inviting the President.

July 29, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick

The media is not trying to make Chelsea look bad for not inviting the president, they're trying to make the president look bad as if the Clintons would be ashamed to have him as a guest.

July 30, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  87. bbear

I agree with President Obama...if he attended the wedding the focus would be on him and not on the bride and groom...and security would be a nightmare...however, if my boss were the President of the United States, well, I think I'd at least send him an invitation!

July 29, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • bp

bbear, its Chelsea’s wedding not Hillarys, therefore the president isnt the boss of the bride, she can invite who she wants,,,,no president was invited to mine, who cares, its not the end of the world who she chooses or not!

July 29, 2010 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Smellie

I think POTUS is invited, and that he is LYING about it, because, well, for the obvious security reasons.

July 30, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
    • PCL

Hi bp, you're not seeing it right, it is the wedding of the bride & groom but it is the parents paying and inviting for the event, not the bride inviting. On the invitations you may see that the parents invite "whoever" for theirs sun/daughter wedding. Anyway, who cares if they marry or not, or who their inviting? I don't.

July 30, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  88. Chuck Norris

I don't need an invitation. I go where I want, when I want.

July 29, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike Alcorn

Who the heck cares wether she is getting married or not. She isn't any more special then anyone else.

July 30, 2010 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Bill

ROFL!!! GREAT COMMENT I AGREE THAT IS THE BEST COMMENT EVER!!!!!

July 30, 2010 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Tiffany

Eric Cartman, please behave.

July 30, 2010 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
    • BigNutz

Rock on Chuck Norris! Make sure you show up with a checkered suit, snake skin boots and a Stetson!

July 30, 2010 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Dr. Shrinker

Hey Chuck. I didn't read the article but why is there a picture of Punch & Judy ?

July 30, 2010 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Landaux

People are losing jobs left and right, can't put food on the table, losing their homes... and the Clintons have the NERVE to waste 5 million dollars, flexing their money muscle on a one day event, or just for a few hours. Don't give me "stimulating the economy" crap or giving people jobs... Obama's plan didn't stimulate the economy and this won't either. They should be ashamed that for the money they are spending on a wedding, they could buy homes and food for thousands of people. We would expect something like this maybe from Jenna Bush which a event like this would be on the back burner, but the Clintons? It sickens me.

July 30, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
    • God

Good work, Chuck. You can come home now.

July 30, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
    • scott

wicked funny.

July 30, 2010 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
    • kaypeope

I'm still trying to figure out when she became so "popular"?

July 30, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
    • kbeck

There ain't dress or enough makeup or Jim Beam to make me ever want to marry her! God what an ugly bride.

July 30, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • WillyC

Chuck Norris invented weddings as a distraction from ass kickings!

August 2, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Edwin

Why is it some people are so eager to say rude things like you just did?

I know it's a free country, but are you really so petty? I feel sorry for people who can only say mean things.

July 30, 2010 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |
  90. The Kid

I am very pretty...thanks for asking.

July 30, 2010 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |