Welcome to the Twitterverse, Kanye West
July 28th, 2010

Welcome to the Twitterverse, Kanye West

From Ice T calling out a cop to 140-character birth announcements, Twitter is more or less the method of choice for celebrities to quickly communicate with the public - and Kanye West is ready to have his say.

The rapper, who recently emerged from months of maintaining a low-profile with a "Power"-ful single that he performed at the BET Awards, is now on Twitter as simply @kanyewest.

So, about that album that’s supposed to drop in September - West confirms that it's no longer called “Good Ass Job." “I'm bouncing a couple of titles around now,” West tweeted Wednesday.

And, yes, he did spell Silicon Valley as “Silicone Valley" in an early tweet, but hey, perhaps he was “still thinking about the other type of silicone,” he tweeted when he saw the typo. “ITS A PROCESS!! : )”

West also gave a nod to blogger Perez Hilton for posting about the 33-year-old rapper’s acapella performance on top of a table at Facebook's headquarters.

“I’ve been writing new stuff for the new album, and I just have a couple raps that I really like, so I thought it’d be cool just to say ‘em for y’all,” West told the audience gathered at the Palo Alto, California office as he pondered which one to start with.

On his blog, West posted a clip of his appearance, saying, “many times in life I’ve had to deal with moments of doubt. And as it’s been a minute since I’ve performed any fresh material in front of an audience, this could’ve been one of those moments… but it wasn’t.”

He added, “Your energy was a gift so electric, so genuine, that it really helped me give my best. The energy was so inspiring I had to keep going! I just hope you got as much from me as I got from you…which was everything!”

Filed under: Celebrities • Kanye West • Music

1. GeorgeB

This is all to intelectual for me. Does anyone know how to spell "nucular"?

August 4, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. JB!

I'll let him finish but I just want to say that Jessica Simpson has one of the best tweets there is

July 29, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  3. JJ

What a tool! Another useless self absorbed bonehead who thinks he's making an announcement to the world; be sure and tune in I'm on Twitter. No redeeming qualities, and such high opinion of himself. He needs to reinvent himself alright. Just think of the outrage had it been taylor swift who stole the mic and told the world who should get the award. Loser.

July 29, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  4. Feeniegal

I only know one song by Kanye and don't know much about him...I don't dislike him. Twitter really seems to be part of the publicity media for celebs to promote whatever is needing to be promoted. I was hooked on Twitter this time last year...now I only check it a couple times per week.

July 29, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. @DD

You're just as dumb. What did you do, realize your grammar errors and repost? Now who is the idiot?

July 29, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  6. Joe

YOU ARE BLECK more and more!

July 29, 2010 at 5:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Joe

I want to find a friend! give me a e-mail !czyhdcfzl@126.com.THINKS.....

July 29, 2010 at 5:44 am | Report abuse |
  7. Jay

At least Kanye is talented unlike Taylor off-key swift.
    To be honest, no one gives a sh!t to Taylor anymore unless you're a 40 yr old jesus worshiping virgin

July 29, 2010 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
  8. Arglebargle

Kandy Who? Is this another cRap ( the 'c' is silent ) "Star"?

July 29, 2010 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  9. Phil

Imma let you finish...

He's a moron and probably high all the time.

July 29, 2010 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  10. Jason

"Kanye West, ostensibly promoting his recent book Thank You and You're Welcome, spoke the following words to a reporter today: "Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed. I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book's autograph ... I am a proud non-reader of books. I like to get information from doing stuff like actually talking to people and living real life." [Reuters via Idolator]"

I feel like this treatment of Kanye is completely racist.... Who are we to judge him for his views. Like he says, the only good to come out of like is by "doing stuff." I cannot tell you how sick I am of politicians... so called white-a-ticians, who are consumed with politics, when they should just be "doing stuff." Quite frankly, I cannot think of a better call for the lay citizen of this country to go and do his upmost to go and "do stuff" for the betterment of man. Kanye should be proud!

July 29, 2010 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  11. Jason

Can Kanye spell?

July 29, 2010 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
  12. mushymushroom

I thought he said that twitter is gay..and now he's on twitter which makes me want to conclude that...LOL

July 29, 2010 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  13. Sue

And why do we want him on Twitter?

July 29, 2010 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  14. Erbs

Glad Kayne is back! Taylor Swift got too boring! Kayne is more talented and interesting as a performer! Taylor is ok, just another boring singer.

July 28, 2010 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  15. JON

KAYNE WEST is very ignorant. he ranks lower then human waste. why give this cretin space out here

July 28, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • @D

Other than your total lack of the proper usage lower case and capital letters, it's would be "than", and not "then". And not surprisingly, you forgot to end your question with a question mark...idiot.

July 29, 2010 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
    • @D

Other than your total lack of the proper usage of lower case and capital letters, it would be "than", and not "then". And not surprisingly, you forgot to end your question with a question mark...idiot.

July 29, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  16. Cole

Great, the world gets to hear this arrogant a** in yet another format. Media life was so much better until 5-minutes ago when I had to see this article.

July 28, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  17. portalpunk

Unfortunately for Kanye, even Taylor Swift has forgotten who he is. He actually needs Twitter.

July 28, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Quiet

Kanye is a nudge !!! so is "N" but we all have our rights !!!!!..........DUH !

July 28, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Tyyu

I need to be loved. So bad!!

July 28, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  20. trix are for kids

Oh, look, the kids are here to play with each other. And for the idiot who posted "butt sniffing bandit," I think that comment speaks for itself in terms of the commenter. "Get at me dawg."

Anyways, I suppose this move by Kanye West is to compensate for his failing stock. He's no longer as dominant as he was from "College Dropout."

July 28, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • @@@N

people that spell tricks "trix" speak for themselves too......butt sniffer.

July 28, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

Uh, not to burst your bubble, @@@N, but I believe the commenter whom you replied to made perfect sense. "Trix" is a cereal, retard. Apparently you don't really know much, do you @@@N (troll)?

July 28, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  21. @@@N

You get a life you butt sniffing bandit..

July 28, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  22. @ @N

Get a life already. Do you literally wait for N to post something so you can have your say?

July 28, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |