'Pretty Little Liars': Flashback much?
July 28th, 2010

'Pretty Little Liars': Flashback much?

Holy flashback.

Last night’s episode of “Pretty Little Liars” showed a lot more of Alison than we’re used to seeing, and to be honest, a lot more of Alison than I ever want to see again. Who died and made her queen bee?

The episode opened with the girls preparing for Alison’s memorial. We're introduced to Alison’s creepy brother Jason, who’s apparently an even bigger control freak than Spencer, and he insisted on taking the reigns.

Then the first flashback (of many) occurred: The girls were saying they wished they could choose an age and stay there for the rest of their lives, and Alison told them the only way to do that is to die young, in some mysterious way. (Hmm…)

“That’s immortality my darlings,” she said. Am I missing something? How on earth is that immortality?

Later, Jason - who Spencer rightly pointed out smiles like he’s running for office - informed the girls that Jenna asked to speak at the memorial.

After another (semi-uneventful) flashback where Alison catches “Jenna the jerk” staring at her, Spencer received a text message about the dedication: “Do it right, I’ll be watching, just like Tom Sawyer. –A.”

Meanwhile, Hanna was convincing Aria to go to the concert with her, Sean and Noel. Though she said no at first, all it took was a quick flashback of Alison taunting her about her crush on Noel before Aria changed her mind.

To Hanna’s dismay, the detective came back (fully clothed this time around, at least). He stopped Hanna in the hallway and asked if Emily had heard from Toby. He also told her to be careful about what she tells Jason. (So I'm not the only one who thinks he's a little shady.)

Speaking of Jason: In the library, Jenna mentioned to Spencer that he sounded different when she was talking to him, she had the strangest sensation that Alison was there. Then came what we’ve been waiting for: A glimpse into the conversation between Jenna and Alison at the hospital. “Alison was done with you. Did you know that?” she told Spencer. “She was afraid of you.” Foreshadowing? I think so.

Later, after Hanna and her mom discussed the perils of a one-paycheck family, Hanna decided to make some cash. She asked Lucas (the nerdy, yet cute, yearbook photographer she’s been flirting with) to help her sell some of her designer purses online.

In the process, another flashback occured, this time showing Alison tormenting Lucas at the pool. Hanna attempted to stick up for him, but she was quickly silenced. “Never look back, Hanna. Something might be gaining on you,” Alison said. Where does she come up with this stuff?

And then there was yet another flashback, this time from Emily. Alison was telling her about the kissing rock, which people have apparently been sneaking off to for hundreds of years. “Who do you want to take there,” Alison asked.

Earlier, Emily asked Maya to dinner and a movie, and the two ended up making out during “I Walked With a Zombie.” But that wasn’t all Emily had to smile about – she found out her straight-laced dad is coming home from Afghanistan soon. I wonder what this means for her relationship with Maya…

Jason met Spencer in the hallway at school, where they see the detective rifling through Toby’s locker; it turns out Toby called Alison’s cell phone the night she disappeared. After digesting the new evidence, Jason told Spencer that Alison has been blaming her for the fire, and saying that Spencer’s the one who threatened Toby.

The girls conclude that Alison wanted Jason to have the fake story in case anything happened to her. “This is still Alison’s movie and we’re just filling up the screen,” they said.

The girls sat together at the memorial while Jason took a seat beside Jenna. After each of the girls speaks, it’s Jenna’s turn. She gives a surprisingly heartfelt speech about how Alison is the strongest person she’s ever met; didn’t see that coming.

After the memorial, Jason gave the girls a gift, thanking them for putting the whole thing together. It’s Alison’s bracelet – the one the girls found in the woods. But Jason said the police returned it to his family a while back. Did someone make a copy of it?

The episode ended with a shadowy figure smashing the tiles and breaking the bench at the memorial site. Who is it already!?!

What did you think of last night’s episode?

1. Jim

Jason is very freaky... lol... http://www.watch-pretty-little-liars.com

July 29, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lorin

After watching Tuesday night's episode I started to think that perhaps Spencer is A? Reason being? Well, Allison's brother (who is very odd) seemed to be focing mainly on Spencer? Spencer was the only one awake when Allison disappeared. She is the one who "heard the screams." Spencer's house is the only house to have been visited by A. And, when Spencer was in the library talking to Jenna and Jenna told Spencer that Allison was afraid of her. It just got me wondering how much of an involvement in Allison's disappearnce does Spencer really have? I don't believe that "A" is going to be someone we expect at all so who better than to have one of the four girls be involved. Or.... My other theory is that Allison isn't dead at all. Maybe Jenna is really Allison? It does look like she's wearing a wig. And, I honestly don't believe she's blind. A blind person does not look into an elevator reflection while applying lipstick. Plus, why would Jenna want to speak at Allison's memorial? They were hardly friends at all. Besides the fact that Allison was pretty cruel to anyone (including Jenna) that wasn't in her circle of friends. Or I saw how somebody else posted the twin theory which could make sense too, though, I would think the girls who have realized that it wasn't Allison and it was her twin. IDK??? I know this though.... the series isn't going to turn out like the books. They have to turn things around and switch things up because other wise those who have read the series won't be surprised when watching it. I'm sure shows like Vampire Diaries that are based on books aren't followed exactly either. I could be wrong but I strongly believe it'll be different.

July 29, 2010 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Caitlin

How could it be Spencer when she was in the vidoe sent to the phone of them in the house from the closet? I mean, I guess she could be a part of it, but that kinda tells you not. Unless she isn't the only one.....

August 3, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ines

yes all that is from the book,does not mean that will hapened in the series

July 29, 2010 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  4. ines

for katiee ,you are freek

July 29, 2010 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jesse

So yeah, basiclly, Alison is still alive. Seeking revenge (: sounds logical too me !

July 28, 2010 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • T

My friend called me and said she found that EXACT same thing and that Allison was really nice but her twin sister Courtney was mean and thats who is in all the flash backs probably. . . ? ? ?

July 29, 2010 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  6. Maggie

This was a great episode! I can't believe Alison told her brother that Spencer was the one who caused the fire which blinded Jenna! I wonder what else Alison was lying about and hiding! Also why was Alison afraid of the girls? Personally Spencer is my favorite because she didn't take any of Alison's BS!
    I love Emily's and Mayas relationship <3 (:

July 28, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • S

Well I do think it was good. And Alison sounded mean anyway, so I can see her telling him that. I like Spencer too, she reminds me much of myself. But as for maya and em, I'm not for their relationship. With the 'A' situation, there's no time for a relationship. And I don't think Emily understands, but that's giving how ever 'A' is, more things to hold against the girls! Oh, and I'm sure 'A' was at the movies watching them.

July 29, 2010 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  7. S

I think that the Alison flashbacks really give us more of a hint about 'A' and how Alison was. I think that Jason is a total freak off and that he has something secret between Jenna and him. I also don't think Jenna's blind, but that's just me.

July 28, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  8. S

I understand, "Its immortality my darlings." anyone wanna know?

July 28, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • stacy

yes, can you please tell me?

July 28, 2010 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • S

Okay. So Alison says she wants to die young and of mystery. So aria replies with, "Alison. Don't talk like that, it's gruesome." and then Alison says it's not gruesome, Its immortality my darlings. So, when she dies it's all a mystery so shell be immortal bc everyone will always talk about her; how she died, what happend? So technacilly she's still alive.

July 28, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Alison

Talking about me ladies?
    –A

July 28, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • katie

so is this based off of a true story?? if so, ahh they're lives must've been so interesting. like i kinda want something like that to happen in my life. not to die, but just something like that. cuz it would make my liffe so much more interesting. you know?? but thats just me.

July 28, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Amy

I kinda liked the ending because I hate Alison. She was such a jerk, why should she get a memorial?

July 28, 2010 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • S

Because the girls probably believe that would help 'A' leave them alone. But I think it's going to make whomever mad. And think about it... 'A' couldve been at that memorial. And also, I think that Alison looks evil but she looks so angellic... Make sense? And that pic at the memorial? FREAKY.

July 28, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • S

Hanna's friend at Homecoming that called Lucas 'hermie', and said if Hanna didn't stop talkin to him that sh would go back down to the bottom, but Mona wouldn't go with her.

July 29, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  11. S

Well they aren't following the books with 'A'!! So in the books, 'A' is supposedly Mona but they are changing it. Or so says Aria in an interview with Ryan seacrest on his radio show. But I think that Jenna isn't blind. I don't know why... Just a feeling. And Alison saying she wants to die of mystery? It was supposed to happen that way... Maybe she killed herself, but just so she could get Jenna and others to give hell to The Four Girls? I don't know. Just assuming.

July 28, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Toni

Is it Hanna's boyfriend?? No, no, it can't be him though lol was he on the last episode?? Can you tell I REALLY want to know?? lol

July 28, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ali

Someone else put this on the page I think I know who the killer is. Spoiler : A close friend too me who did a lot of research told me that Alison had a mentally disable twin sister, and that her twin always tried to act like Alison and they looked just a like. One day, Alison and her family went to go visit her in the hospital and Alison and her twin had a discussion alone and her twin knocked her out and changed clothes. She pretended she was Alison. The real Alison tried to tell them she was the real person but they didn't believe her. They took the twin home and even at the slumber party, there friends were with the twin. Alison broke out and came back and killed her sister, and is hiding out with Mona, 'Hannah's old friend' and threatening her, and Mona is the one who crashed the memorial bench, printed the pictures, and collected Toby's files from the river.

August 1, 2010 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lindsey

I thought the ending was pretty creepy; I was a little freaked out.

July 28, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. katiee

emily and maya are going out now?? and allison isnt alive is she?? because if she is then.....and why doesnt allison like emily aria hanna and spencer?? sorry i didnt see the first 5 episodes

July 28, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Dani

I know who it is!! that is if they are following the books.....

July 28, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  16. courtney

i cant believe that allison lied about that.. it makes me wonder now what she told jenna... shes prob lieing about everything to jenna and jason!

July 28, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |