What's that on Jon Stewart's face?
July 27th, 2010

What's that on Jon Stewart's face?

Brad Pitt’s beard seems to have found its way to Jon Stewart’s face – although it’s cleaned up quite nicely.

Yes, Jon Stewart has joined the ranks of late-night hosts who cultivate facial hair in their off-hours, as he revealed when “The Daily Show” returned last night.

“Some of you may be wondering right now, ‘Hey! What happened to your face?" Stewart said about the obvious change. "Why is Jon Stewart’s evil cousin hosting the show?”

After trying to pass off the new look as the result of a run-in with a tub of Fluff, Stewart finally admitted the real reason.

“The truth is," Stewart said, "I’m a Japanese snow monkey. I’ve been hiding it from people, and I can’t live that lie anymore.”

How long do you think he'll keep the look?

Filed under: Celebrities • Late Night comedy • television

1. Zachariah Wiederholt

Marshmallow probably came first into being as a medicinal substance, since the mucilaginous extracts comes from the root of the marshmallow plant, Althaea officinalis, which were used as a remedy for sore throats. Concoctions of other parts of the marshmallow plant had medical purposes as well.,..:*

Latest article content on our personal blog site
    <http://calaguastourpackage.com/index.php/

June 3, 2013 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Bella Simpson

It was certainly interesting for me to read that article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Bella Simpson
    escorts in switzerland

November 13, 2010 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  3. randy_dee

A new look like that means only one thing. He has a cameo appearance in some new teen comedy movie.

August 12, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  4. maxim

it doesn't ook good on him. maybe its for a movie role
    in curious for how long its gonna stay there.

August 5, 2010 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  5. Erin

He's hot, regardless of facial hair. I'd do him in an instant!

August 1, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  6. angry (um, or mistaken?)

Oh, great, another anti-semitic reporter, going after a jewish guy's nose!!!! You know, some people just can't leave stuff like that alone!! It's an awful stereotype, but to offer it up yet again, in this day and age? You ought to be ashamed...

Oh...facial hair...

never mind.

July 30, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Fandy Richter

1 month, no more!

July 29, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ohio lady

I used to think Jon was so attractive. Both my husband and I hated it when we saw it last night.
    Is this a religious act or what? Please, let's all donate a new razor and some shave cream to Jon.
    I want the old Jon back!

July 29, 2010 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  9. Tawny Cat

Oh no! Not yet another bewhiskered man! When I saw Jon's scuzzy looking goatee on the show, I said to my husband, "I find it hard to believe that very many women actually like to get up close to whiskers like that. I'd like to see a poll of how many women really like the scuzzy look." So...my husband forwarded me this article with comments. I guess I overestimated the taste and cleanliness of a lot of women. As for you, Jon, you were such a good looking man! It's a crime to ruin such a handsome face! And no, it was not funny that you came out looking like that! Did you quit brushing your teeth, too? You go shave it off, RIGHT NOW!!!

July 29, 2010 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
  10. Sam Pedretti

Jon Stewart ? I thought Al Gore was sitting in as host

July 28, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. CL

He looks hot

July 28, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mark Nielsen

Yeah, as a goatee enthusiast, I know such things generate controversy. I wrote a whole blog entry on it, for I was so inspired by the heroic gesture of good ol' Jon. [ www. markingtime4now.wordpress.c0m ] I say go for it. Probably his young kids liked it... no more reason needed than that...

July 28, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Brooke

@ CATom: were you born or that stupid or did you have special training?
    @ Patrick: sup dude, umad?

July 28, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. pat Field

THAT REALLY LOOKS SILLY

RATHER STUPID, JUST SITTING THERE

YUK !!!

July 28, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Debbi

mmmmm, evil Jon Stewart

July 28, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Colleen

Lose the goatee Jon! Grow a REAL beard for God's sake! I do like Brian's idea of a beard-off with Wolf Blitzer, though!

July 28, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Roni in Ontario

Noooo Jon... no no no.... make it go go go. Not a fan of the facial hair, AT ALL.... maybe I need to start a Facebook campaign– hey, it worked to get Betty White on SNL!!

July 28, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  18. STLrose

Ditch the beard. It makes you look older (and not in a good way). Besides, you have a nice face. Why hide it?

July 28, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  19. Michael A. Shea

A sad effort by him to revive his acting career. The beard makes look like a cartoon version of Sean Penn. He must be hoping to get the parts in movies that Sean Penn turns down.

July 28, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  20. april

Hair on someone's face is just plain disgusting. Makes me sick. Can't even look at it without feeling nauseated. I'm so glad I'm not a man. If I had hair on my face, I'd be going through laser hair removal for sure.

July 28, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  21. JC stuck in Dallas

I think the scruff makes him look more mature and distinguished and less like a college prankster. Anderson Cooper should follow suit. That guy looks like a piece of veal.

July 28, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  22. Iheartyou

I think he kindof resembles Jim Varney with the goatee, you know, "Ernest Goes to Camp". But, Jon Stewart is a good looking man no matter if he's brown, gray, clean shaven, or with a goatee.

July 28, 2010 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  23. Margie

who cares what he looks like? The guy is funny!

July 28, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  24. L

Dude, Jon, what IS that on your face? You look hideous with it, get that shaved. Brad Pitt looks pretty nasty too with facial hair, so don't follow in his shoes. Shave it shave it shave it!

July 28, 2010 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  25. Audra

I think it looks very distinguished. Way to go, John! You've got ME watching!

July 28, 2010 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  26. Sandra

Is it me or he looks exactly like Sandra Bullock's ex?

July 28, 2010 at 6:05 am | Report abuse |
  27. Sandra

Is it me or he looks exactly like Sandras Bullock's ex?

July 28, 2010 at 6:04 am | Report abuse |
  28. lip stick on a pig

looks like a tea bag....

July 28, 2010 at 4:57 am | Report abuse |
  29. KJ

It looks hot Jon, if you were on my "team" – I'd be hitting on you.

July 28, 2010 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  30. Andria

His best friend, Steven Colbert is perfect as his side kick. I see a man who is so together that few people impress him besides his own talent,-– therefore his witty personality makes you laugh - spontaneously, it's almost a jolt when you actually feel as witty as he does, but – somehow his intelligence and art gets a few slingers in and you realize he is maybe the best dry witty man on TV, and intellectually makes you think -forget yourself, to creat yourself, readjust your ego, or while making light of the world- makes it it seems too hard to see into, even yourself- and never forgets to tell
    you where you came from. He gives us an unconditional feeling of being fine, and that everything will be fine, especially ourselves...because we are only human. This of course to me is very important in out world of entertainment. Thank you Mr. Jon Stewart. TV, news -real time- Cnn for not always expecting him to be funny, and yet, , I admire a man that can still remain as eloquent to the people without making us feel badly all the time about our bad news.. He is not a Howard Stern, he is a real genius of media, and I am not sure anyone is as good as he is. He never lets you really believe what is worst is really anything except what is in your minds.
    There , I've said my peace for now. Have good week everyone. I'll write again after the weekend or sooner.
    ( He's got a cool website forum, too. Colbert's is wy out there, maybe however these guys are the most fearless men and there must be a good reason they stay . I am still wondering about Steven's...oh well. Long story short, good night.
    Happy Birthday To President Obama too. ( I thought he was Aquarius....oh well.)

July 28, 2010 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  31. Bigmomma

It looks 'cool' on him. Makes him look let 'business-y'...approachable and easy-going.

July 27, 2010 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Jack

Shaving isn't "green". It's a billion+ dollar waste of time, money, and natural resources.

July 27, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Stella

Love the look. Hope it stays...

July 27, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  34. mejazzbo

The reason men grow facial hair as they get older is to cove sagging skin and double chins. Women are just jealous they can't have such an easy facial fix. But, the reason doesn't matter. The truth is it looks good on him. Keep it, John! Especially the gray. Real men do go gray.

July 27, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Mike Pettine

You're supposed to snort it, not rub your chin in it!

July 27, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  36. RZR80

I like it!!!

July 27, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  37. carlie

so sad what passes for "news" these days

July 27, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Joanne

I absolutely LOVE it!!!!

July 27, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Bill

Of course all of the above knuckleheads just gave Stewart a five minute bit for tonight's show and didn't get a dime of the writer's budget!

July 27, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Mmmmmm

LOVE it. Yum yum.

July 27, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  41. uzi

Macaque hosts The Daily Show

July 27, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Brian

He should challenge Wolf Blitzer to a beard-off. Goatee's are whack. Real men have beards.

July 27, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Karmic Dbl Tap

He look like an old jim rome

July 27, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Paladin Forx

who. cares.

July 27, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  45. sally

I like his beard because it is short and well-kempt. He looks good in it.

July 27, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Shannon

combined with the tan, he rocks it. Once the tan goes, he'll just look like a pasty college professor...

July 27, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  47. CATom

Its funny no one has asked what his husband thinks about the facial hair.

July 27, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Tiffini S

Hmmm... looks like someone was eating a Peanut Buster Parfait while hanging upside down.

July 27, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Brian

I think it looks good. It helps that he is a good looking dude.

July 27, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Grondahl

Disguised as a Southern gentleman, he can sneak into Fox News undetected and spray liberal graffiti in their bathroom stalls.

July 27, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  51. anonymous

OMG!!! i didnt know it was possible for a man to have a beard. Wow Thank you CNN for telling me that a reporter has grown a beard. Learn something new everyday!1

July 27, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Hadit

Ugly host for an ugly show.

July 27, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Mike

"There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women—and I am neither one." -Greek saying

July 27, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gravitas

Nice One! .......and those are the people who are against Jon's facial her. They are all either boys or ladies. No MAN there.

July 27, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • PLZEN CZECH

No Mike, that's incorrect...there are THREE types of people in this world: Those who can count, and those who cannot! ;-)

July 27, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Jon

I guess he's doing this because he doesn't think he's aging quite fast enough as it is.

July 27, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  55. KHAN

All you need is a big fat persian cat to pet along as you speak. Evil look complete!

July 27, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  56. opinion

John Stewart and Rachel Maddow are two of the most intelligent people on TV. At least they do research so they can present true facts. I'm in my late seventies know some history and enjoy them. I also learn a lot get some mental stimulation. I don't care what J. Steward wears, I just think he is GREAT and an asset to his sponsors.

July 27, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  57. FastBoat

Maybe Charles Manson's evil twin.

July 27, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Snottie

Flavor Saver!! LOL

July 27, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Mike in NJ

I'm against it, into a fan of facial hair. ...Damn liberal hippy. ;)

July 27, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Jason

Hey Jon! Ever dip your goatee in a jar of Fluff-a-nutter................ON WEED?

July 27, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Dave

Trying to look like a left wing, liberal college professor isn't much of a stretch for Stewart. Now if he could only grow a brain so easily.

July 27, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Jim

You mean Jon Leibowitz, that's his real name.

July 27, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  63. David

Yanni writes "Just another smug talking head who belittles other people's ideas and contributes nothing to society"

Contributes nothing to society? This guy is holding back ignorance with a flaming torch and you say he's contributing nothing? Jon deserves to be smug. He's smarter, cooler and wittier than 99% of the popualation - what do you want him to do, act like he's retarded?

And what's up with Yanni? Is this a tribute to the worst infomercial artist of all-time (no offense to Zamfir), or is that your real name? In either case, quite unfortunate.

July 27, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Petey

I'm not certain that I've ever heard anything so patently absurd in all of my life.

Jon Stewart, standup comedian, is "holding back ignorance with a flaming torch"? The Rhine River vis à vis ignorance in your world is the host of a half-hour comedy show? Not a prominent educator, not a great philosopher or statesman or spiritual leader or even an author – but a guy who tells jokes on TV? You realize that the Daily Show isn't real news, right? You're familiar with a cultural world beyond television, right? You're familiar with those thick, bound collections of printed paper called books, right?

If you can, in all candor and seriousness, participate in the pretentious canonization of any entertainer as a paragon of social commentary and wisdom, then clearly this "flaming torch" you claim Stewart carries has burned a hole in your brain.

I feel sorry for you. But I feel even sorrier for your mother.

July 27, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Petey

I'd assumed it was the last remnants of talent seeping out of his pores.

July 27, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  65. IMsirius

Being an old bird, I like that look and his face goes very well with a beard.

July 27, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Sutemi

The goatee is the mullet of the 21st century.

July 27, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • PC Police

Since we can't say "Retard" any more, Sumemi is the retard of the 21st century.

July 30, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Thomas

amazing that a goatee can get this many people going. WHO CARES.

July 27, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  68. janetlaw

LURVE IT – bet it won't last though

July 27, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Brett

The Goatee: A man's ace in the hole when he wants to hide a sagging neckline. Sorry ladies, it's Just for Men!

July 27, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  70. yanni

Just another smug talking head who belittles other people's ideas and contributes nothing to society.

July 27, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Jeff

When I saw the headline, "What is on Jon Stewart"s face" I was betting anything it was Obama butt marks

July 27, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  72. ntelekt

do they realize how much older it makes them look. he just aged 10 years!

July 27, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  73. GUSTAVS01

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!

July 27, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Factual Reporting Missing...

What happened to the state of journalism today? Even if it's an entertainment story – do at least a little bit of research... if you would have done this, you would have found out two things:
    (A) – He's growing the beard out for a reprisal of his role for a sequel to The Faculty (as Prof. Edward Furlong)
    and (B) – Before that screen capture was taken above, he jokingly dipped his chin into a jar of marshmallow fluff... hence, why it looks whiter than normal.

July 27, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  75. PiercedPsycho

He looks quite dashing, IMO. I have a thing for facial hair, and he pulls it off much better than I thought he would. If the wife likes it, he may just decide to keep it.

July 27, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  76. kyle

the faculty 2? that would be great lol

July 27, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  77. RH of WI

I think it looks good on him.

July 27, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  78. elie

Facial hair, no facial hair – Jon, I could care less. I'm so into what's in your brain, do what you want elsewhere with your body; I'll always adore you.

July 27, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Ned needlemier

I alwary though that John was a priate at heart!

July 27, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Bunnyy

For the love of it people.. the man has a goatee and he looks great... is it going to change who he is and how he does his show.. I doubt, the change is good, keep it or lose it... this Canadian still loves you

July 27, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  81. SFDarryl

The fake news from the Bearded One is so much better done than the real news from the beardless fakes.

July 27, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Patrick

I'd bet anything that the morons on here who are saying there's anything wrong w/ facial hair are the ugly mofo's who can't grow it. I'd also be willing to bet that any chick who says she doesn't like it has never had the inside of her thighs tickled properly. I know you're tingling just reading this girls...

July 27, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Interesting

In other news Lohan farted. Now that is world changing news.

July 27, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Betty Crokker

Looks like baby batter, I should know!

July 27, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  85. John Holms

Looks like he forgot to swallow.

July 27, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  86. sara

he looks SHHHO adorable. cutie pie!! mwahh

July 27, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Dick

So here's my guess: He's starring in Western where he has to look tough. Beard helps?

July 27, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Mickey Oregon

A friend of mine came home from college having grown such a goatee. His mother, an earthy sort, said, "It looks like you have a @%&# growing under your nose." It was a salty word used to describe a woman's nether regions. I have never been able to look at the too-trendy-to-be-hip too-ubiquitous goatee in any other sense since. They are the mullets and the rat-tails and the bald guy pony tails of this generation. Risible.

July 27, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  89. kd

He needs a grey suit, with a vest, skinny dark tie and a Homberg hat. Straight out of a bunch of 60s espionage movies.

July 27, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Glenn Quagmire

Great, now he REALLY looks like a child molesterer.

July 27, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Daniel H

Why does it have to be a "look" he's going for. He's a dude maybe he just felt like changing it up for a bit. I don't particularly enjoy having facial hair but I do occasionally let it grow just for the hell of it.

July 27, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  92. What the?

Looks like somebody dumped a load on his chin.

July 27, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Diggin' it

He looks like the most interesting guy in the world from the Dos Equis commercials......

Stay thirsty, my friends.

July 27, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Susan

Jon--Your face is too cute to cover up.

July 27, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Dave

Well, the good Jon has gone back to that happy parallel universe. Enjoy your budget surplus, no wing-nuts and zero corruption in Congress, Jon! Now you'll have nobody to make fun of while your doppelgänger wreaks havoc in our universe. I bet the evil Jon will start to agree with Stephen Colbert a lot more often!

July 27, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  96. jon stooge

Whats important here is how Jon's wife feels about it or better yet how it feels.

July 27, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Kel A

He looks HOT! :)

July 27, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  98. portalpunk

Looks like he pushed an ice-cream cone into his chin, must of been drunk when he went to Baskin Robbins.

July 27, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  99. cra

It will be gone tonight. It was a vacation mistake.

July 27, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  100. jimmy d.

FYI: That is not a beard. and no, it's not a "goatee beard", either. there is no such thing. The Right Reverend Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top has a beard, the oxi-clean dude had a beard. That is not a beard.....

July 27, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Keith Hernandez

Jon, your beard is weird.

July 27, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Popeye

Joh,
    What's next a pirate earring and beads strung in your hair?
    Honestly my first impression was you have the face of Jesse James if he lost 30 or 40 pounds.

July 27, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  103. scribble

Ok, so you got a beard. That don't impress me much.

July 27, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Fluff

The picture looks much worse than the actual beard. As part of the gag, he stuck his chin in a bottle of Fluff marshmellow goo. The white stuff stuck to his beard like glue and he was left with it for the remainder of the show. That's why all the white marshmellow is concentrated at the point of his chin.
    Having said that...I wasn't a fan of the look even before he coated it with Fluff.

July 27, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Kara

I don't mind facial hair, I just wish his was ONE color! It looks so weird... and slightly creepy

July 27, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  106. chris

if you guys actually watched the show you'd know its not that gray...that's marshmallow fluff lol...it is greying but its not as bad as that picture up there

July 27, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  107. carolyn

Hey, it does look a little strange-and if it is for real-so what. My hair began turning gray when I was 29 and people still give me grief about the gray-but as one the comments made above...I do have stories to tell and I earned every one of these gray hairs-not to mention the old gene thing. My Dad died when he was 41 and his hair was completely gray. Whatever, and oh yeah, Todd-learn to spell and/or make sentences that make sense, please.

July 27, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  108. JPT

Very Blitzeresque. Does he get a situation room now?

July 27, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Joe

It should be made clear that most of the white on his chin is literally marshmallow fluff.

July 27, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  110. lisa

go full beard or go home-goats taste good in vindaloo-but they don't look good on mens faces.

July 27, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • jleigh

yum... vindaloo.
      not sure what tasting good has to do with a goat being on someone's face, but it is still mildly amusing. and true... they do not look good on mens' faces.

July 27, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Monkey's Uncle

YO Jon– I have nothing against snowmonkeys, I just wouldn't want my sister to marry one.

July 27, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  112. jennifer

If he was balding or thinning hair, he would be my love of my life !!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 27, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  113. CATom

It seems like the gays favor facial hair and regular people don't. Go figure. I don't hold it against you John.

July 27, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  114. CJ

an article on john stewart's facial hair, lmao.

July 27, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  115. jamest

I am one of the few old enough to remember Jon when he was young.

July 27, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  116. FastBoat

Cool, got that Lucifer thing going.

July 27, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Mel

Clean shaven, Jon is super handsome. Now, he reminds me of my brother.

July 27, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  118. LegallyBlonde

I was actually hoping for egg ... raw or maybe something else along the same lines........

July 27, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  119. rockwood

Looks icky.......& gray.

July 27, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  120. DrKnife

Stewart has to like the way the guy looks who stares back at him in the mirror, so if he likes it, good for him! At least he isn't wearing pieces of furniture and trying to pass it off as style...GAGA!

July 27, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Allen

looks wrong (or as Todd would say, rong it looks). I vote for the razor.

July 27, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Rusty

Watch your back Blitzer!!!!

July 27, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  123. CIC

Jon, get rid of it. It reminds me of Dude Palin.

July 27, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Yohoho

Jon looks like he is constipated and needs help. I don't care for the tufts of hair on each side of his chin.

July 27, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Westerly Wind

He'll be tickled red to know that it makes him a dead ringer for Leon Trotski.

July 27, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Greg G.

Yeah, I'll have a bucket of extra crispy, and a couple pieces of original recipie.

(Alternative wise-acre responses:)

The south shall rise again!

The alternate Star Trek universe strikes again!

Mr. Stuart, why did you put this couch in your office? And why do you want me to tell you about my mother?

D'Artagnan, Athos, Porthos, Aramis .... and Jon.

July 27, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Steve

My grandfather used to say "Why cultivate it on your face when it grows wild on your $%hole". Quite classy I know. Where it with pride John....it looks good.

July 27, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Snowmonkeyfan

I like it!

July 27, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  129. HaHa

I think he needs to do a segment on the many names for men't facial hair.....my favorite- The Womb Broom

July 27, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Jessica

Jon, please start using the grecian formula and ditch the salt-n-pepper look. You're too young for that. The Beard can stay!

July 27, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daniel

Jess, grey happens. Jon Stewart is, patently, not to young. Do you have some kind of existential horror over the simple fact that people do, in fact, age? He's 48. His beard and hair are greying. Why should he pretend to be younger than he is? There is nothing wrong with being the age he is, or twice that age.

July 27, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • terri

As someone who recently got sick of hiding gray I am so happy to see others not afraid of it!

July 27, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  131. lance corporal

looks good run with it, shaving sucks, much easier/less painful to trim

July 27, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  132. Kate

I agree with Amanda I like this look. I'm a fan of facial hair on men if it's neat and trimmed like this. And please – no "Just for Men" – that stuff looks so fake. Of course, he's cute without it, too. I met him once a long time ago when I was in college and I think he's just as handsome now as he was then.

July 27, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  133. Scott

I guess he didn't want to be the last customer at Starbuck's without a goatee.

July 27, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  134. AMANDAHUGANKISS

i think he looks hot also

July 27, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  135. Amanda

Personally, I love the look but I'm a huge fan of facial hair on men. Jon looks hot.

July 27, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • KG

Amen!! He's hot no matter what he does!!!

July 27, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • dec bride

completely agree – HOT

July 27, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robert M. Noonan

John Stewart, Hot? Get your eyes checked, or your heads examined.

July 27, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fred

So now some guy named Robert Noonan is the arbiter of what makes men look hot or not?! Robert, it may be you who needs their head examined.

I watch Jon every night. I could really care less about what he looks like. Now if Megan Fox had a goatee, then I'd probably be against that.

July 28, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  136. mizh

why oh why does every other man in America think the chin hair/goatee is a cool look? Two words, dude: common and dated. yuck

July 27, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • mg

Exactly, this is a bad look for him. I thought his face looked dirty. It covers up some of facial expressions and it is his facial expressions that make him so funny. So beard = unfunny.

July 27, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vince

As opposed to every man without a goatee is not uncommon?

July 27, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • galfridus73

And if we, and our significant others, are happy with it... why does it bother you? Are you that insecure in your own physical appearance that you have to judge others for doing things that make them happy?

July 27, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wade Wilson

Your just jealous because you are one of those people that try sooooooo hard to grow a goatee but it's patchy, grows longer it places where it shouldn't and isn't thick enough to make you look like anything other than a teenager. Don't worry you'll be a big boy soon with a goatee of your very own. Don't be a hater.

July 27, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gravitas

Wade, that is the funniest comment I read today. You are right. I don't know what is the problem with all these REAL MEN haters. I say YUCK to looking like teenager. Up Goatees!!!

July 27, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • terri

Jon looks hot facial hair or not...I think you are just jealous.

July 27, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  137. David R

He looks like a record store clerk.

July 27, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Melle

LOL

July 27, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shannon

Ha Ha you said "record store" and "clerk"... you're old! But so am I as I remember when both of those actually existed :)

July 27, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • kellypdx

SHANNON, that is hilarious and sooo true!

and, sadly, i didnt even notice David R's old-fashioned ways--eegads, i can be such a flibbertygibbet!!

July 27, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Jeff

Dude, if you're gonna have a beard, get some Just for Men and get back in the game bro!

July 27, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Lydia

There's nothing wrong with a man looking distinguished. Our culture puts too much emphasis on looking like a 20-something even when we're more like 50- or 60-something, and personally, I think it's wasted. Flaunt those gray hairs, people! It means you've survived and you've got stories to tell!

July 27, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

I'm going down to the car to get my security badge and headphones.

July 27, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • whodunit

lol

July 27, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • stickman

The color says energy....... but the gray says experience...............

July 27, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terri

Some of us, many of us, absolutely love gray. Keep it Jon, I am quite sure you will look wonderful no matter what you do anyway.

July 27, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • chris m.

just for men touch of gray my man, touch of gray!

July 27, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Couldn't disagree more... the gray is bad ass!

July 27, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • kellypdx

that is very funny, but i'd still totally do him! smart and funny (oh yeah, and rich too), yep, i can overlook some ugly facial hair for all that!!

July 27, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • David B.

"Your beard is weird." Buy some Just for Hosts!

July 28, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • kate

Usually I'm ok with grey if it looks distinguished. But I kind of think Jon – who usually looks really good – looks like he dipped his chin in some yogurt. Not really the most flattering look for him!

July 28, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  139. lurch0u812

Its only a matter of time before Bond catches up with you and stops your evil doings Stewart!!!

July 27, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  140. Jed

Hey todd, nice grammar.

July 27, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  141. jim

wow is there something wrong with todd? That was the dumbest post I have ever seen..

July 27, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  142. PK

Hey Todd, How do you know what a meth dealer looks like?

July 27, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  143. Kirosmn

Todd, Meth induced comments are not accepted here. Wait until you sober up.

July 27, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Dan

Todd... you seriously need to learn how to write a coherent sentence. In fact, I'm amazed that you even managed to type http://www.cnn.com into the address bar.

July 27, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Doc

hey Todd, way got to. u reilly nailed it! lol U tell it like is it. lol let's toke some cristal meth 2gater sometime. lol KKK lol

July 27, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Sue

Says who??

July 27, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  147. @Sue

It's obvious you're no lady!

July 27, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  148. jk

Everything looks like spooge to you.

July 27, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Spooger

yes, yes it does. LOL

July 27, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Buster Bloodvessel

Next time wipe off the keys before you type.

July 27, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Patrick

That's because you're a 13 year old imbecile.

July 27, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |