Gwyneth Paltrow goes country with new song
July 27th, 2010

Gwyneth Paltrow goes country with new song

Gwyneth Paltrow is already an Academy Award-winning actress and one of the most recognizable faces in Hollywood, but it appears she wants to add "country music singer" to her resume.

Paltrow is the voice behind "Country Strong," a new single released Monday to country music radio stations nationwide. The song is the title track to the upcoming film of the same name, which stars Paltrow as a fallen country singer looking to make a comeback with the help of a young songwriter.

The "Country Strong" soundtrack will be released October 26, while the movie premieres in theaters December 22.

"Country Strong" isn't Paltrow's first foray into music. The actress teamed up with Huey Lewis to perform a cover of the Smokey Robinson classic "Cruisin'" for the 2000 film "Duets," according to TheBoot.com, where you can also check out Paltrow's vocals.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Music

1. Crestview Music

Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I'll be grateful if you happen to proceed this in future. Numerous other folks will likely be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

May 14, 2012 at 2:34 am | Report abuse |
  2. Lin

Gwyneth can sing! The nasty posters on this board need hearing aids...another thing, Taylor Swift sounds the same no matter what she sings, and she sings in a monotone...boring, boring, boring. How she has won the awards she has won just amazes me because she is a mediocre singer. I hope Gwyneth goes far with her new career move!

November 11, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Dan

The woman has talent,,Bottom Line

November 8, 2010 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  4. amanda

I think she sounds really professional. It seems she brings out either people who really like her or really hate her. I don't know why this actress in particular brings this out but she is very talented and highly intelligent and pretty so that could bring out jealousies but not just jealousy she does come from that highly sophisticated Manhattan background which can sometimes translate into snob but we don't know this person to judge her that way. I think she sings well and is a terrific actress. She even learned to speak Spanish while living in Spain for a year and speaks Spanish well.

July 28, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. OY_VEY

This "actress" is so obnoxious. Who cares if she sings or act or poops? She should just go away! EEEEEEWWWWKKKK!

July 28, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • N

I love your usage of the term "EEEEEEWWWWKKKK!". Now when I say that out loud, how long do I hold the "K" sound? I don't want people to think I'm choking on a long sneeze. <3

July 28, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Reggie

She also did a duet with Babyface Edmonds several years ago of the Temptations classic "Just my Imagination". Was a good redition.

July 28, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gigi

I totally agree – the duet with Babyface is very classy and I think she sounded great. Dang – people are MEAN....let the girl sing if she wants to sing – we are certainly exposed to much worse on the radio daily (can you say Lady Gaga and same ole tired Rhianna?). Geesh.

July 28, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jim

God, I am SO sick of the actor tunrned singer genre of music. 99.9% of it is terrible. Thre are enough full-time crappy artists out there. We don't need actors chruning out even more garbage in their spare time. That was awful. And going the country route is a last ditch attempt at any type of success, because we all knowe that country fans will buy just about anything.

Stop the madness. Please.

P.S. I will NEVER fogive Scarlett Johannsen for what she did to Tom Waits' music.

July 28, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. NealR2000

She is the epitome of Manhattan's elitist class. That's about as far as you can possibly get from country.

July 28, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Gwen

Never heard her sing but she is a great actress. If she weren't such a conceited snotty person for what reason I don't know it would be a lot better for her. Her mother is twice as talented as she is and much better looking.

July 28, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  10. dwt

Upshot–perhaps it's natural for human envy that we find it alarming when someone that beautiful is also smart and talented, but it happens.

July 28, 2010 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Darth Vader

Simple minded folk always find simple minded answers to that which they do not understand.

The force is not with you.

July 28, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Judy

If you've not heard the Duets soundtrack, you should. My friends have been clueless when I put on the song 'Bette Davis Eyes' and made them guess who it was. After a minute of pain, I tell them and they are stunned. I no longer know anyone who second guesses her ability to sing. She is one multi-talented gal.

July 28, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  12. Bob

I'd still nail her...

July 28, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  13. Jay Kay

Gwyneth is a terrific singer no matter what the genre. Her performance in the beginning of "Infamous" is a must see!!

July 28, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  14. Walter

LOL! Blonde "racism"?!?!?!? What a maroon! If your kid doesn't like peanut butter, is he a racist, too? The idiocy today is utterly astounding.

July 28, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Darth Vader

Idiocy is right. Does it not seem as if the internet has shown what a backwards, non-thinking society we have become?

July 28, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Donthinkso

Hey Einstein blonde is not a race you retard.

July 28, 2010 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  16. MRose

That's quite a leap...a story about an actor venturing into music which becomes fodder for comments on racism and intelligence corresponding to hair color. Wow! How about this for a generalization: Folks who take the time to post remarks on any blog rather than doing something productive with their day are the stupid ones. And yes, I include myself in that group. Have a good day, people, and go do something positive in your personal world.

July 28, 2010 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  17. mjk

All the Gwyneth lovers on here should read her insulting comments about the US and Americans. Why anyone in this country supports her career is a mystery to me- she is nothing more than a spoiled, self centered child who was lucky enough to be born to rich, well connected Hollywood types.

July 28, 2010 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Sandy

My exact thoughts when I heard this. She insults the US for years, and now wants Country fans to support her. I think not! She stuck her self-righteous Hollywood nose up at the average American, and now wants him/her to love her. What a hypocrite!

July 28, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  18. Osiris

The film sounds just like the plot to "Crazy Heart" except Bad Blake was the song writer. I doubt she'll have the same Oscar worthy performance. And the fact that she can just jump up and have a hit country song is proof that country music takes zero talent, just like pop music

July 28, 2010 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Darth Vader

She is probably as awful as her husband. The force is with you, young apprentice.

July 28, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Justin Robert

She is cute. Some of my friends saw her nudist profile with some of her pretty nude photos on a nudist dating site named
    [ NudistMate dot come ] . No idea why she was there. Anyone here can advise ?

July 28, 2010 at 4:07 am | Report abuse |
  20. Jangocat

Gotta admit she looks good for her age and a couple kids. And country certainly suits her better then childish pop music...

July 28, 2010 at 3:30 am | Report abuse |
  21. LPTe

She's a talented and very beautiful lovely woman! Gweneth Paltrow thanks for being a real artist and making the world a better place! Lovely. Talented. Artist. Period.

July 28, 2010 at 3:30 am | Report abuse |
  22. IJ

Her husband must be ashamed.

July 28, 2010 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  23. richard

Gwyneth is an amazing actress and she proved her singing talent in Duets. Her venture into country music is a good move. Love you Gwyneth!!!!!

July 28, 2010 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  24. mmi16

Those that can – Do!
    Those that can't – complain.

July 28, 2010 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Darth Vader

Simple logic that works only for simpletons.

The force is not in you.

July 28, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  25. artemis

I think she sounded perfectly 'country'. She's not looking to be the next Carrie Underwood, so relax people! The entertainment industry used to have multi-talented performers who could do many things, so why not her?She's married to Mr. Coldplay himself, so maybe he's been helping her perfect her singing skills. And how nice is that. People are so stupid and jealous of those that are talented. Yeah, I wish I was one of them too, but it doesn't make me angry and mean!

July 27, 2010 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Nani

Pretty voice – the backup vocals make the song and Vince Gill and Patti Griffen do an awesome job supporting her.

July 27, 2010 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  27. maury from texas

Don't underestimate her. She did a duet with Hughey Louis years ago which was a hit. The lady does have a voice and can sing. She in not one of these manufactured "Auto Tune" singers that have good records and sound like crap live because they really can not sing.

G is the real deal.

July 27, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • B-Dog

Yeah I remember her duet..... it was horrible too :|

July 27, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tata

Hey B-Dog you are no expert. Just say you hate it and didn't like it NOT that "it's horrible" Just because YOU hate it doesn't mean it's horrible. Personally speaking I love the song and her voice.

July 28, 2010 at 3:39 am | Report abuse |
  28. B-Dog

The song is AWFUL.... I would rather listen to Taylor Swift.... and for me that says a lot.

July 27, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  29. AliGirl

Gwyneth doesn't strike me as a country music kind of girl. Who knew?

July 27, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Libby

When I opened this I was expecting to get a good laugh. When she started singing I was absolutely shocked at how great a singer she is. When my husband got home from his golf game I played it for him without telling him who it is. He also thought it was great and couldn't believe it when I told him who it is. It is reminiscent, also, of classic country singers/songs which are being given less and less air time. Definitely a song I'm already humming. Great job, Gwenyth. Good for you.

July 27, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • pooks

Gweneth is a great singer! She's *talented* !!!!! What a great change from crap and ego-maniacs out there.

July 28, 2010 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
  31. blue

blondes–smart
    brunettes–dumb I agree too

July 27, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Einstein

Uh...I don't think hair color has anything to do with IQ or soul. Um.... that's kinda dumb to think any physical trait has anything to do with intelligence. Gweneth is gorgeous. It's about who she is as a person.

July 28, 2010 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |
  32. PiercedPsycho

Could someone translate that last bit of blur's post for me? I don't speak stupid.

July 27, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  33. blur

she would be useless if she wasn't so blonde. brunettes dumbs!!!!!!!!!!!

July 27, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Einstein

Blonde remarks are just as racist as anything else. Knock it off. Gweneth Paltrow is one of our great actresses. Not into phony hype. she delivers. Awesome music too. she can sing.

July 28, 2010 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Walter

Use of the phrase "knock it off" is racist. So, knock it... uh, stop it.

July 28, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Walter

Putting aside the idiocy of "blonde racism," blur is equally moronic. Paltrow's a fine actress, blond or not.

July 28, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  34. Scott

Gwyneth....PLEASE stick with acting. PLEASE.

July 27, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Red

The song was fantastic! I don't know what you men are griping about...get over yourselves!

July 27, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scratch

Scott, that sounds like a knee-jerk "clever" remark by someone who didn't actually listen to the song.

She was fantastic in that Smokey Robinson cover too.

July 28, 2010 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |