Comic-Con fans react to 'Thor,' 'Green Lantern' on Twitter
July 25th, 2010

Comic-Con fans react to 'Thor,' 'Green Lantern' on Twitter

Next year's big budget summer movies, "Green Lantern," "Thor" and "Captain America: The First Avenger" all debuted the first footage ever seen by the public at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday.

Robert Downey, Jr. was there as well as a member of "The Avengers," and announced that Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner would be joining the team as Bruce Banner (a.k.a. the Hulk) and Hawkeye.

Reaction on Twitter to "Thor," "Captain America" and "The Avengers" was quite good overall: "Schofizzy" wrote, "Oh man, THOR looks heavenly! I'm in awe. I've been a believer since day one and this only solidified those thoughts. So pumped!"

"I'm not even remotely a proponent of post-production 3D, but the Thor footage had the best I've seen here at Comic-Con," tweeted "screenrant."

"rob_keyes," calling the footage "very cool," reacted to Hugo Weaving as "Captain America" villain the Red Skull by tweeting, "I love Weaving's voice and accent- Very Indiana Jones in feel."

"DrewKerriganNY" wrote, "Briefly showed Evans in full costume, and showed him throwing the infamous shield. I wholeheartedly approve!"

Reaction to "Green Lantern" earlier in the day was decidedly mixed. "Ferralangel" called it "kinda a let down," tweeting, "Only showed the teaser once. Weak sauce." He preferred the other footage in that panel, from "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" and "Sucker Punch."

"jaron95" disagreed, writing "Green Lantern teaser trailer looked pretty cool! No suit footage, but one decent special fx shot."

The lack of star Ryan Reynolds in the suit was one thing that seemed to disappoint fans more than anything else, though they really liked the fact that he recited the "Lantern" oath by request.

Of course, all of these movies have nearly a year left to change the minds of moviegoers, for better or worse.

Filed under: Comic-Con 2010

1. banana34sd

how are you to appleepple baidu3gg3 dshththrsdfg asgjlisdgse.

December 11, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Balun

Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely useful information particularly the last part :) I care for such information much. I was seeking this particular info for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

March 2, 2011 at 5:16 am | Report abuse |
  3. Johnny C

This was my favorite movie clip from comic con.....green latern has NOTHING on her!!!! haha

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DGSUqS0jJE&w=640&h=390]

July 26, 2010 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  4. Joe Blow

Drew, it is "famous," NOT "infamous," but don't feel too bad; the whole english-speaking world seems to get that wrong.
    That must be the most misunderstood joke in The Three Amigos.

July 26, 2010 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  5. LLIB_SETAG

What about a new BATMAN Movie...?

July 25, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jack

who cares? put up more pics of scarjo

July 25, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. BoonBruin

All Hall H reports. I think they should have mentioned that Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury) also showed up to present the entire Avenger's cast. Non super hero related, the cast of "Paul" showed up as well as the leading cast of "Cowboys and Aliens"...Daniel Craig, Olivia Wilde and the first Comic Con appearance of Harrison Ford!'

Being an 18 yr. vet, I shoulda been an iReporter...just too busy enjoying comic con.

July 25, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. LiberalNN

Hope Thor / Captain America / The Avengers are all better than Iron Man 2.

July 25, 2010 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  9. W Schmidt

The Lady who made the on air report about comic con dressed as the Green Hornet had her mask on upside down
    does she or you know this?
    very funny!