'Paparazzi' kid finally meets Gaga
July 23rd, 2010

'Paparazzi' kid finally meets Gaga

Dreams do come true!

Two months after he captured the attention of Lady Gaga - and the world - with his YouTube performance of her hit “Paparazzi,” 12-year-old Greyson Chance has finally met his idol face-to-"Poker Face."

The "Chance" meeting happened Tuesday night backstage at Gaga’s “Monster Ball” concert in Oklahoma City. “I met @Lady Gaga!” he tweeted yesterday, including a pic of the pair posing together. “She was so kind, gave me some great advice and put on an amazing show!!”

Chance has spoken to 24-year-old Gaga once before via telephone, when the controversial artist told him to “work really hard, and stay away from girls and be focused," he said.

The talented twosome might be able to team up again soon: Chance is working on an album for Ellen DeGeneres’s new record label, which he inspired her to create.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Lady Gaga • Music

« Previous entry
  1. bob

The kid sang a cover, big deal. Compare him with Michael Jackson at age 12 and see what a real talent looks like. This kid at best will be known not even as a one-hit wonder, but as yet another forgotten youtube phenom like star wars kid.

July 26, 2010 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  2. frank

This goes to show how parents let there kids go to drugs, and then they say where did i go wrong for my child to do drugs.these parent's just don't care about there children, they think being around ga ga is cute knowing shes on hevy drugs.it's a shame what parent' do to there children.and the laws do nothing about kids being around drug addicts.

July 26, 2010 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
  3. frank

The father and mother of that child should be put in jail for leaving that kid alone with ga ga the drug user.and the state police do nothing about it. thank God its not my kid.

July 26, 2010 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  4. Mel

I bet he was disappointed she wasn't a little bit more crazily dresses.

July 25, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jack Meoff

Nice Motley Crue T-shirt. GAGA is obviously putting on a too cool for school pose and I like it.

July 25, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. john the baptist

scars on his brain for life

July 25, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ElKev

She's calling him a j***off. Look at the hand.

July 25, 2010 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  8. itsmeagain

I have to be honest, I was not a big fan (I'm still not), but I will be the first to admit, this crazy broad is pretty talented. And, on most of her songs, her vocals are awesome. Most of her songs I dont like, but the one's that I do like, I REALLY LIKE. I dont even want to like her but, like it or no, she's this generation's Madonna. I hoped she'd be a flash in the pan, but she's managed to stay out there.

She might even be more tolerable if her costumes weren't just ridiculous most of the time.

July 24, 2010 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Surf Dog

I'm kinda disappointed in that picture as well. The kid is obviously happy, but Lady Gaga looks kinda tired to me. To be fair she was recently tested for Lupus, I'm not aware of any announcement in regards to the test results. Lupus is sometimes debilitating and makes the sufferer weak and fatigued frequently.

I too saw this kid's performance as shown on the Ellen show. He is really super talented. If he continues to play he can only get better over time. He can become an incredibly successful concert pianist in the future.

Way to go kiddo, keep at it!

July 24, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. momo

Hey she's wearing a Motley shirt..she can't be that bad!

July 24, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Splitting MIgraine

I don't usually write on these walls, but a lot of these comments are disturbing. This is a child, with a great voice, that performed a song in public that was made famous by a person people pay to hear sing. If you don't like it, don't listen.... But to insult this young man is far more derogatory than anything you've labeled these two young people. You question Gaga's character? It's people like you, hateful and rude, that are really the problem today. Have a nice day!

July 24, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. ScottinAZ

This guy parodies the over the top "pop star" persona. LMAO!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfXUecbSV2w&w=640&h=390]

July 24, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  13. narita

who is lady gaga?

July 24, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  14. dsavio

I honestly only like a few of her songs, Speechless among them, but I can see that she's a fantastic performer, in the tradition of Elton John, David Bowie, Madonna, and others.

Nobody Has to like her music, but to say that she has no talent and is just producing garbage or that she's just in it for the money is really pretty stupid at this point. The evidence to the contrary is immense.

July 24, 2010 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  15. Joe

I can't believe all the haters here. Love her music or hate it, she's a phenom, and she has tons of talent, and he has a monster work ethic. Get over your small, insignificamt, jealous selves. And who are you to start busting on this kid either? He's 12. Adjust fire. Grow up, people.

July 24, 2010 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  16. foil

Just because she sells millions of records doesn't make her good. If 5 million people ate cat poo, it would still be cat poo.
    Her success is proof that her "followers" are tasteless.

July 24, 2010 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  17. Charles

Lady ... Gag Gag is more like it.

July 23, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  18. HammerHank

The kid is a dick..

July 23, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  19. jane

lady gaga is no innovator, she's nothing original
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNlx2MCijMM&w=640&h=390]

July 23, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • dsavio

try to understand the ideas of synthesis and cross polination

"Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing." - Salvador Dali

July 24, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  20. jane

lady gaga is nothing original she has copied many artist
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNlx2MCijMM&w=640&h=390]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZZ31YkWcTs&w=640&h=390]

July 23, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Historian

Not a fan of Elvis are you? News flash, we all stand on the shoulders of those who came before. There is no one.. no one who is pushing the boundaries quite like her.. i think she"s fab. And for the record, i listen to blues, not pop... you know, those black folks elvis, the beatles, and the doors (and all your examples) ripped off. :) cheers.

July 23, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • pan dart

Hmm..."copying" is different from "being inspired by". Nothing is ever TOTALLY original. Every human on earth takes ideas and inspirations from their surroundings and upbringing.

July 24, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • LittleMonster

Hey Jane, there's a huge difference between inspiration and copying. Those pictures resemble inspiration, not copying. Maybe your a little jealous of her success? Guess what, jealousy will get you nowhere sweetheart so why don't you crawl back into your hole with your chocolate, tissues and cry to someone who cares :) Thanks!

July 25, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  21. jdf

she looks like keith richards...jesus look at the freakin NOSE! It's unnaturally BIG! Seriously...it looks like she is wearing one of those funny nose glasses things...y'know...the groucho marx thing...right? just sayin...its a big beak.

July 23, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Bob

Yah, this kid looks like he was dragged of the streets of LA in 1984

July 23, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • JV

Eyesite isn't an option with you is it. The kid is on the right in the picture. And he looks like any other kid.

July 23, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Lyndsay Waggs

That's sooooooo cute!!!

I saw this clip on youtube today and instantly thought of GaGa.....but I'm sure she would have involved gravy, pancakes, hashbrowns, and the whole works. Still funny, though.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DGSUqS0jJE&w=640&h=390]

July 23, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Sir Loin of Beef

What we didn't see is that 5 seconds after this picture was taken, Gaga punched him in the mouth.

July 23, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  25. justjeff

I don think the kids a dick (but Im sure getting a big head), and I think gaga was great, loved her concert, one of the best Ive seen in years. She reminds me of Madonna but for the 21st century. Reguarding the kid, he did good, hopefully his parents are keeping him level, it was a great youtube video, but frankly there are thousands of great videos, I suspect he will be a one-hit wonder. But at his age the world is in front of him, hopefully he can take this 15 minutes and do something productive assuming his kids or fool hardyness doesnt distract him.

July 23, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Fred

This kid is a no talent bum. He looks like a Axle Rose want a be..

July 23, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ev

No worries. I'm sure if you just open your front door and yell out at him, he'll get right off your lawn.

July 23, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • JV

Fred lady gaga is not the one on the right in the picture. Go see an optomotrist or wipe off the coke bottles.

July 23, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Neil

She was phony and two faced on Larry King. What positive message? I read her Rolling Stone interview. I couldn't stand her. At one point she described herself as 'deep'. It's so shallow to describe yourself as 'deep'.

July 23, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • JV

How deep of you neil, did you read that in nietzche or was it on the back of a wheaties box.

July 23, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Neil

It looks like Lady Gaga is completely unaware of the kid. She dressed herself up in motley crue affectations and posed for a picture like a girls wearing a motley crue t-shirt, and oh I guess there's this kid in the picture with me.

July 23, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  29. LCS

I love how people claim Lady Gaga is overrated. She has artistry in her music, creativity and innovation in delivery and a very positive and healthy message to her fans. There is a reason why she has captured the world stage and was recently voted one of the Time's most influential people - it isn't a fluke. Did anyone happen to see her on Larry King? She most certainly is not overrated - get over yourself.

July 23, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe in NJ

Ah, yes. That Telephone video has such a positive and healthy message.

July 23, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • umair

LOL, what is your definition of "Healthy message". ?

July 26, 2010 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
    • HealthyMessage

We're sorry that you live under a rock and need every music video to be instructional, uplifting and a bag of sunshine in order to brighten your depressing life. Maybe you could just drown yourself in hateraide instead of giving us unhealthy doses of it? Thanks, and cheers!

July 26, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  30. OkieMom

Because as a 6th grader he doesn't deserve that kind of a label. You don't know him well enough to make that kind of statement. Why be so hateful, go get a job!

July 23, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Midwestmatt

The kid is an amazing talent. The faces on the kids behind him as he sang the song were priceless.

You can hate on Lady Gaga all you want (I'm not a fan or a hater) but she has created music loved by millions and she needs no validation. The proof is in the sales and the love of her fans.

July 23, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  32. JJ

Sounds like a huge jealousy problem on this board. And calling this kid a DICK?? Go back to your mom's basement you idiot.

July 23, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • JV

The hateful comments are from severly jealous people. Rock on kid \,,/ \,,/

July 23, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  33. ballz

yikes
    Hey Gor Gor, try not to give the kid the finger

July 23, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  34. brendon

Lady Gaga is soooooo overrated!

July 23, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Todd

brendon....ummmmm...the last time that I looked her "overratedness" has been eating up all of the music charts...maybe you need to go back to the dictionary and see what the true def of overrated means. You may overrate her, but I believe that you are in the minority on that one and may I add...I overrate your intelligence

July 23, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steph

Todd,

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with you, but you do not appear to know what "over-rated" means.

July 25, 2010 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  35. BB

Looks like the cover to a "How to corrupt children" instructional video.

July 23, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Jules

I don't know whether I should be happy or sad for that kid.

July 23, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  37. lol

LOL. WHAT A PICTURE!!!

July 23, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  38. AT

wow.... calling a 12 year old a dick!... I think the true colors are reflected in the statement you made

July 23, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Midwestmatt

CaCa- Your name says it all. It is the definition of your post.

July 23, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  40. JoanJett

Hey Fat Matt, your a Dick..

July 23, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  41. JV

What the matter did he not let you in his video?

July 23, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |