Taylor Swift's new album filled with confessions
July 21st, 2010

Taylor Swift's new album filled with confessions

Taylor Swift doesn't talk about her personal life in interviews, but perhaps that's because all one really has to do is listen to her music.

Her third album, "Speak Now" arrives in stores October 25. Swift said during a UStream live chat with fans that the title of the album expresses volumes about its concept and theme.

“There have been a lot of things that have happened in the past two years that I have been dying to write about,” she said. “Each song is a different confession to a different person.”

And all of the details are coming straight from the source; Swift penned every song herself without any co-writers.

Other big announcements –- and remember, this was a chat for the fans - included Swift’s current obsession with headbands and Starbucks lattes, as well as the name of what will be the first single off the album.

“Mine,” Swift said, will be released in mid-August. “It’s kind of about my tendency to run from love....[because] every really direct example of love that I have had in front of me has ended in goodbye... So I think I have developed this pattern of running away."

Hmm. We bet we know which "Twilight" star will be listening closely to this one.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Music • Taylor Swift

1. made my morning

lmao i love this ,my day has been made!!!

July 25, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. PrestonandSteve

I like Turtles...

July 22, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Pete3310

I like Taylor Swift. The end.

July 22, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Frank

SuperPortalPunk- The correct Canadian expression is "Eh" not "A". You remain just as ignorant today as you were yesterday.

July 22, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sally

Why did you bother coming back to this article when his comment was made yesterday?

You remain just as pathetic today as you seemed to be yesterday (over an hour's worth of your posts... WOW).

July 22, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Rooscow

She's not the first or the last to need a voice coach for every song she sings. I seem to remember a famous Country star that made a great living singing off key all the time. Does the name "Johnny Cash" ring a bell? Watched her struggle on the Grammys trying to sing along with Stevie Nicks with her "unique" harmonies. Yet still, Stevie speaks with warm admiration of young Taylor and her penchant for "speaking for the univeral woman" (Stevie's words) and the captivation of her tunes and lyrics. No better accolade in my book. Get over the nitpicking and listen to the guitar picking instead.

July 22, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  6. Taylor Swift

oMg Omg OmG!!! I like so TOtaLLy L0v3 yOu ALL!!!!!1111
    xoxoxo

July 22, 2010 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
    • DAX

What are you doing up at 6:49 in the MORNING pretending to be Taylor Swift? Really?

July 22, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. brad1001

She may be a bit young to have experienced much as heartbreak and love go. But props to her for her success. She's giving her fans a show, and that's what it's about.

July 21, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. aussie

what i'm saying is (for taylor swift) girls want songs they can relate to; about heartbreak, self image, boyfriends, highschool life, etc. and those are the kind of songs she puts out. they dont care if she can truly sing or not.

July 21, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. aussie

hah! you all should stop sitting at the computer arguing and go outside and get some exercise. taylor swift gives her audience what they want and this day, thats about all that matters.

July 21, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • SuperPortalPunk

Really, is that all that matters in the world today. What about Justin Bieber influencing the way American Idol changes its age range, or if Pretty Little Liar's can continue its success. Why don't they matter my little aussie mate? A? (or is it just the Canadians that say that?)

July 21, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Tulip

These postings are funny though not really related to Taylor. Sir Loin I wouldn't speak of intelligence if I were you after what I've read.

July 21, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Tom

Jennifer, for the love of God don't do it. SuperPortal not only can't even spell! he has a learning disability! And you seem intelligent! Frank is right, he again spelled "your" instead of "you're". How on earth would a relationship with him ever evolve?

July 21, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sir Loin of Beef

Frank! Changing your name won't improve your intelligence.

July 21, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

Frank/Tom, stop hiding. You're getting quite sloppy with your comments as well.

July 21, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. jennifer

I find it pathetic that I clicked on a post about Taylor Swift (a role model for teenage GIRLS) and all I am seeing are comments by men, who are either 30-something year old pedophiles, or 20-something males who are very immature and probably still virgins… All of you need to grow up and take your horrible comments somewhere else, and if you MUST talk crap, man up and take it somewhere else instead of a TAYLOR SWIFT post.

July 21, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

No offense, jennifer, but you're just asking for them to divert their attention to you. Throwing insults at people doesn't solve problems, it just creates more.

July 21, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • SuperPortalPunk

Your right Jennifer, that's why I took my posts over to the Justin Bieber article, please join us. You sound rather cute, are you single?

July 21, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sir Loin of Beef

You should be happy we're throwing insults at Frank and not Ms. Swift, who, by the way, I think is a sweetheart. I just don't care for her music. Frankie, on the other hand, is a mentally irregular fast food worker with open access to a computer and that's dangerous.

July 21, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Tom

SuperPortalPunk- Man you never learn, you again misspelled "your". I think he has a point, no wonder he's on you so much! Is $5 all you have?

July 21, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • SuperPortalPunk

@Tom
      Frank = Tom

and yes, $5 is all I have. I spent the rest of my allowance on a Slurpee and bubblegum.

July 21, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • trix are for kids

I actually agree with portal on this one. *gasp*

July 21, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Frank

Sir Loin- Not so fast! You wrote "I've to to go to work". I believe you have one to many "to" words in there and also left out a word or two. You guys need some time back in the first grade. I really must be going now though, thanks for being such easy marks and allowing me to laugh today. This has been great, an article about Taylor Swift turned into banter with Two Slow (you and Sper Blah).

July 21, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sir Loin of Beef

Hey Frankie? Nice try, but your attempts to insult me and everyone else here are just weak man. Give it up. You better run along now and catch that short bus to Micky D's.

July 21, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • SuperPortalPunk

this is the second time you said your leaving, I've got $5 that says he'll be back to spell check someone.

Frank got beat up on-line hahahahahaha, nananananana.

July 21, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • let's be real

No offense, Frank, but if you say the people you spend time "bickering" with should go back to first grade, what exactly does that say about you? Does that mean that you waste your time in the day bickering with "first graders" rather than doing substantial work?

**looks for "Tom" to show up again**

July 21, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Frank

SuperPortal- Ooopps! You misspelled "blatantly" Keep up the good work! You're easy if nothing else!

July 21, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • SuperPortalPunk

Haha, you came back, caught you peeking! whoop it up, yeah baby, whoop it up, do the hickle, whoop it up!!

July 21, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • trix are for kids

Don't lie about doing work, Frank. Besides, you cannot "sign off" from this site... you simply click the X on the top right of your screen.

July 21, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Frank

To Sir...- The only way you'd have anything to do with Letterman is if you were singled out in one of his Top 10 Skits (e.g. Top 10 Reasons Sir Loin is a Tool). I've toyed with you long enough, got to get back to work now (that's where you do something of value and get paid for it, you wouldn't understand). Sorry I won't be bored by anymore of your posts because I've got to sign off now. Happy blathering to you.

July 21, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sir Loin of Beef

Come back and play anytime. I enjoy entertaining the weak minded like you.

July 21, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Arnold

Judging by the amount of comments you have generated in what appears to be the course of more than half an hour, it appears to me you have quite a sweet job. Then again, you could be a bitter employee at your local McDonalds.

July 21, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • SuperPortalPunk

@ Sir Loin of Beef. Haha, Frank went down in flames, the boy has no game, I've never seen someone so blatenly give up and run away. Now.... on to the Justin Bieber posts!

July 21, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sir Loin of Beef

@SuperPortalPunk – it was a wimpy way out, wasn't it? "Oooh, I've to to go to work"......Lame.

July 21, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Frank

Super Blah Blah- Good idea purposely misspelling words to act like you're being facetious (you will need to look that up). That way when you make your insipid mistakes you can act like it was intended. What a tool!

July 21, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Samuel

The fact that you are arguing online with other people over an issue not related to the article shows that you, my friend, are the TOOL.

July 21, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jules

I listen to her recorded music occasionally, only because I'm not a country fan, but, her live performances leave alot to be desired. I just hope they don't burn this kid out too young. It would be nice to see her have a long career.

July 21, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

In this day and age, it's all about the quick and fast results. Artists are rushed out way before they are even ready to perform, and some crumble under that type of pressure. I hope she does well, also, but you never know with the way the industry goes... she might pull a LeAnn Rimes / Shania Twain and do a blend of Pop and Country.

July 21, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jules

When you consider the year she's has, I'm surprised she has the strength to get up in the morning. She's got to be one of the hardest working people out there.

July 21, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Frank

Sir Loin of Bleet- "I mean, really" is an incomplete sentence. About what can be expected from an incomplete education. Great retort with the "F" Yourself comment! Do you write for Letterman?

July 21, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • SuperPortalPunk

Frank, thak u agan 4 the spel chek, we ar so hapy u ar hear to healp us.

P.S. I changed my name to SuperPortalPunk, because you were so lame. Hahahahahaha

July 21, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Frank

Why does grammar matter so much to you? Is that the only way you can critique people?

On that note, let me show you something you wrote earlier:

"And such clever names you have given yourselves!!"

That comment you made is actually NOT a sentence. Sentences do not begin with the word "And," but they can be used to join two sentences together.

I commend you for going after someone else's grammar, but the price you pay for that is having to watch for your own as well. We all make mistakes.

July 21, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sir Loin of Beef

Congratulations Frank. You've officially hit bottom with the spelling and grammatical insults. Quit while you're ahead Frankie. Oh, and yes, i do write for Letterman and I make piles of money doing it.

July 21, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  20. lol

Taylor Swift's music is somewhat pleasant to listen to, but I think all these confessions are just too much. I think there is such thing as too much honesty.

Being one who also tends to stray away from the topic, it's somewhat amusing to see that other people would rather pay attention to each others' comments than focus on what the article is actually about.

July 21, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Tom

Let's be real- You're falling further behind. Quit now before you get more embarrassed.

July 21, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scott from NY

Sounds like "let's be real" struck a nerve with you. You're the one looking rather embarassing.

July 21, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Frank

Portapunk- Please learn to spell before posting. It is YOU'RE!!!! Not only are you slow you have a learning disability. I'm sure Taylor Swift could write a song about you, she could call it "He Can't Think, What Do You Think of That"

July 21, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • SuperPortalPunk

thak ou Franc 4 teacin mi to speal, you are so kind to healp me. And ur somg name is so klever, maybi u wil win a grammy kracker.

July 21, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Tom

To Let's be Real- Where you abused as a child? Your post is at pointless as it is interesting. I think Frank has a point though.

July 21, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • let's be real

How does my comment have anything to do with abuse? Perhaps you should actually come up with a response to my post rather than "it is stupid" just because you wouldn't take the time to read it nor agree with it.

July 21, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Tom

Frank = Tom, kinda obvious.

July 21, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Brandon

Woooow!! A different conression to a different person? And how she runs from love? And blah blah blah blah blah!!! She's what, 19 YEARS OLD?!?!?! How many different experiences with love could she possibly have had by now?!?! It sounds to me from the songs of hers that I've ever listened to that the opposite party is to blame for all this "heartache," now all of a sudden she's the one that runs from love?? . . . Hhhmmmmm sounds like someone's a little confused to me!

July 21, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Frank

All you guys come across as simpletons. And such clever names you have given yourselves!! Not thought provoking, not funny and not worth reading-a mistake I won't repeat. Have any of you actually graduated even from grade school (portalpunk uses "your" instead of "you're)? Time for your clever comebacks now, can't wait. Better yet, go away.

July 21, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • let's be real

Good points and all, but I will say this. Whenever you give someone the ability to post a comment on the screen, many times people (myself included) will often times use the opportunity to express ourselves... however you choose to do so is up to you. Whether the comments are stupid or not, it's best to just ignore a comment you come across if you don't agree or think it's silly.

Names can be clever or not (I bet you would sarcastically call mine "clever"), but in reality, who cares? No one knows who you are behind that computer, and no one really cares. Therefore, the alias you make comments on is irrelevant. You can't make solid judgments on character based on what you see on a computer screen, but of course you are free to make your loose assumptions. With that being said, your feedback is obviously pointless because if the comments were not worth reading they shouldn't be worth commenting on, either. Whereas portalpunk will probably tell you he had some time with your mother, I'm going to simply leave it at what I said. In the end, it's all about CNN getting web traffic. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. Go somewhere else if you do not enjoy what you see.

July 21, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

Frank rymes with Stank, which his mama did. Ha hahahaa.

@ let's be real: man, go points, but your taking the fun out of it.

July 21, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • let's be real

Well, you have all the other people who give you "interesting" feedback... go feed off of them. :P

July 21, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sir Loin of Beef

Frank? How long did it take you to come up with that name? I mean, really. Use some imagination. If you really wanted to be simple you could have just called yourself "F". Of course, then all or us could just tell you to go "F" yourself.

July 21, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Bull Dog

Sir Loin of Beef is a tool. Great come back btw, "troll" how gay are you?

July 21, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bull Dog = WHB

How is it gay? He was stating the facts... apparently you need to stop defending your lover (or then again it's probably portalpunk in disguise) and get with the program.

WHB = Worthless Human Being.

July 21, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

Thanks Captain Acronym, your so clever. No one can imitate the me, Portalpunk. My captions are of a magnitude of greatness in line with the divine, so you should shooo and go call boo hoo. Hahaha.

July 21, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • James

portapotty, your mom called. She needs you to get a job.

July 21, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

Seriously? She said all was cool as long as I took out the garbage and pick up the dog do. Haha "James" rhymes with "Lames" which you are.

July 21, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sir Loin of Beef

@Bull Dog – it appears that you too are a master of the comeback. Tool? Yes, I am, but at least I'm man enough to admit it. What's your excuse?

July 21, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  27. wendy

haha she's the one makin the big bucks

July 21, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  28. LOO

Confessions ??? like what?she stuffed her bra ??. really now.

July 21, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  29. portalpunk

Hahahahahah! Bllltthhhhhh

July 21, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Sir Loin of Beef

She's cute and all but she can't carry a tune to save her life.

July 21, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

Geee, thanks for the insight Mr. Voice Coach. You couldn't carry a comment blog to save your life.

July 21, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sir Loin of Beef

@portapotty.....eat me troll!

July 21, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • trix are for kids

Looks like someone is bitter because he wasn't the first comment. Fail.

July 21, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • trix are for kids

She's in her 60s... have fun with that... LOL

July 21, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • joe

"She's in her 60s... have fun with that... LOL"

Owned

July 21, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • SuperPortalPunk

If she's in her 60's, then I'm guessing your in your 30's. What are you doing on a Taylor Swift comment board arguing with a bored 12 year old? Now who's the loser!

July 21, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris L

You are correct sir!

July 21, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • tongla

Amen to that....she should stick with the writing and let someone else sing her songs!

July 21, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eric Chan

You People SHOULD BE ASHAMED, FAIRYTALE IS MY BEST SONG..AND THE REST.. BECAUSE THERES 1 MAN NAME CHAN BECAUSE I LIKE TO START @ 1980 WHO DEPICTS OR PORTRAYS A LOVE SONG OR THAT HIM, IN THE PUBLICS VIEWS, AS IF I WAS THE GUY ON THE WHITE HORSE WHOS PURE. LOVE YOU TAY TAY..

July 23, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |