Get a look at 'Thor'
July 21st, 2010

Get a look at 'Thor'

Yes, that's Chris Hemsworth working those guns up there.

But that's besides the point. Marvel has unleashed more images from its upcoming movie "Thor," starring the aforementioned (jacked) Hemsworth as the Asgard warrior sent to live amongst humans, Natalie Portman as Jane and Anthony Hopkins as Odin.

Marvel has been whetting appetites for "Thor's" preview at San Diego Comic-Con for a while now, and these images seem to be adding to the anticipation.

The feature will find its way to theaters on May 6, 2011.

Filed under: Comic-Con 2010 • movies

1. Thor

i thought Triple H will get the role for Thor... sad..

November 9, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  2. RS

I don't know if Chris is going to look good as a blond. I liked his hair a little darker like in Star Trek. He was only on the screen for a short time, but in that short time, I was moved by his acting. I'll still go see it, because I've already caught up with every other movie that leads up to The Avengers movie. I've seen both Iron Mans and I've seen The Incredible Hulk. So this for me is the next logical step. Can't wait.

July 22, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Tony Stark

I am the only worthwhile superhero IRON MAN. However, Angelina Jolie as Wonder Woman would be a start in the right direction. But do it quick before she gets too old.

July 22, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. LCW

pretarded...Looks like Flash Gordon from the 1980's

July 22, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. jamal

its cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

July 22, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Hal

Outfit kinda looks cheesy and the cape looks a bit stiff..hopefully the movie is good

July 22, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sharon

Looking at the picture, he looks so much like Heath Ledger. Looks like it will be a good movie with a good looking hunky star.

July 22, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  8. David

@Natch

If you check the Walt Simonson run, arguably the best of the series, Thor didn't revert to Don Blake. The worst writing crutch of Thor, IMO, was that 60 second limit. Glad they got rid of it.

July 22, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  9. Odalice Yolanda Feliz

He is so strong!!

July 22, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  10. jack merridew

Natch its based on the Ultimate Universe and the Thor in that was the god sent to live among the humans who was mistaken for a mental patient when he claimed to be the god of thunder

btw the storyline your referencing is garbage and would make a horrible movie

July 22, 2010 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  11. Natch

You know, in the Thor comic books, the guy who became Thor was a skinny guy who had to walk with a cane, because of a disability. When he would strike the cane against the ground and say the words (can't remember those, sorry!), he would become Thor, and the cane would be his hammer. Sort of an alter-ego thing, like Dr. David Bruce Banner and the Hulk.

How much you want to bet that Hollywood will conveniently forget that part of the story??

July 22, 2010 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Ken

He didn't say any words. You're thinking of Captain Marvel, who shouted "SHAZAM!". Thor just had to strike his cane on the ground.

July 22, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • SS

Thor became the feeble man when he wanted to walk among the mortals. He wasn't a feeble man that became Thor.

There were more comics of him simply being Thor the Norse god. I believe it wasn't until later in the series he started interacting with more humans.

July 22, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Rich

On the good idea for a movie scale from 1 to 10, I give this a score of RETARDED

July 22, 2010 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  13. sandman

Seriously? Wow. I think this might be in contention with Masters of the Universe and Beowolf as worst action movie of the past decade.

July 21, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • interesting

sandman has seen the completed movie, even though they're still finishing it. Amazing.

July 21, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Booba Fett

Words cannot even express how excited I am for this movie. Not only is Thor one of my most favorite Marvel characters of all time, but the cast is outstanding. I cannot wait to see this movie! Also, Chris Hemsworth: will you marry me? ;-)

July 21, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  15. SuperPortalPunk

First to Post!!!!! I am humbled by my greatness!!!!!!!

July 21, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |