July 19th, 2010

VH1's 'Celebrity Rehab' includes Jeremy London, Rachel Uchitel

Outrageous original supermodel Janice Dickinson, alleged Tiger Woods mistress Rachel Uchitel and troubled "Party of Five" actor Jeremy London are among the new slew of stars hoping to get clean on VH1's "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew."

Now in its fourth season, the show - which airs later this year - follows famous faces as they are guided through a 21-day detox program with the help of addiction specialist Dr. Drew Pinsky.

London, 37, has been very vocal about his battle with substance abuse, and made headlines last month when he claimed he had been kidnapped and forced to take drugs. Dickinson, 55, will reportedly address her problems with alcohol, while the nature of party promoter/nightclub hostess Uchitel's addiction was not known at press time.

Also in the cast: '70's teen idol Leif Garrett, socialite Jason Davis, singer Keyshia Cole's mom Frankie Lons, and former "Hills" star Jason Wahler, who was arrested for an alleged DUI in March.

"I never want to drink again," Wahler, 23, told Us Weekly at the time. "If I don't stay sober, I am not going to have a life."

1. Carmen

Frankie!!! I can't believe she would even consider picking up any kind of drink. Didn't she watch herself in the show. I have been sober for 20 years. I'm now 58 years old, soon to be 59 years old. Yes, it's a long and hard road. However what scare me the most is to know if I continue to drink. I wouldn't be lucking like some, and just die. I would be one that would get bless with wet brain. I believe Frankie might have a good chance of having wet brain. I have to say I feel pity for her. I wish I had the power to help her.... I will just say a pray for her.
    If people are wondering why Dr. Drew, pick these people as celebrities or not is really not important. What is important is that they're sick people, that want to be well.

January 26, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. shaggdogg

I have tried many way's to stay sober over the years. The only one that has worked for the long run is the 12 steps of A.A.

August 12, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bmoregirl

Seems like the entire cast consists of folks that noone knows or cares about. I know who Keyshia Cole's mother is -a supposedly reformed crackhead whose soundbites and insane behavior garnered her a reality show of her own and numerous appearances that went awry. Rachel Uchitel ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why and when does being a HO-BAG garner a television show ? I gurantee the antics of keyshia cole's mother will make the show a worthy watch. I also gurantee Rachel will try to sleep with Dr. Drew. who are the other people ? Why wont Janice dickinson just die ?! Old hag !

July 21, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Tzynya Pinchback

I am confused why the misinformed writer of this article referred to Keyshia Cole as marginally famous. How exactly are you quantifying that term "marginally"? Is it because Keyshia Cole is not as large a crossover artist–that scores of white people are not scooping up her music–that you refer to her as marginally successful or famous. Mayhaps, in the future while writing other soundbite articles, you will endeavor to conduct five minutes of research before making such statements.

July 20, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. mylove82

Nick you are awesome! I totally agree!! Love Keyshia Cole! And to STEVE505.."fact that a lot of people could care less about R&B" did your tiny mind forget that Rhythm and Blues are what made the foundation for the rock and roll, country and jazz music plus many others that im sure one of which you may listen to today??? I swear some people have no book or common knowledge...

July 20, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. idano3

What a bunch of "tools"........ who are these "people"

July 20, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. NetMAn

who are these people and why does anyone think they are celebrities?

July 19, 2010 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jeannie

If Rachel Uchitel is on this season, I guess Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend will be on next season. I hate people who get rich & famous by being someone's mistress. btw, Janice Dickinson is not only a train wreck, but plain white trash!

July 19, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Manivannan

Bruno, por ahora creo que solo con tfeoelnos con acceso wifi o Blackberry. SldsJC

February 13, 2012 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  9. Cheryle

How many times do some of these people need to go onto reality shows?

Janice Dickenson and Leif Garrett have already tried it and obviously it didnt work for them.

Janice will just show how trashy she really is

July 19, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Patricia

As crazy as it sounds (and it does) and I'm going to be an optimist and say that they're all trying to take an advantage to change...the ones that aren't serious about getting sober get weeded out–either by showing up again or leaving rehab once and for all. Yes, Uchitel did an unacceptable and horrible thing by having an affair with a married man that had two extremely young children–but she also lost her fiance in the events of 9/11. Many people who lost loved ones in such a bizarre and tragic way are still trying to fill that pit–whether it's through healthy means, such as promoting understanding or supporting troops–or unhealthy ways, such as drugs and alcohol.
    There but for the grace of God go I...

July 19, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. JDJ

I think they can remove the word 'celebrity' from the show. Scraping the bottom of the barrel. Next season we might get Fonzie's housekeeper.

July 19, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. courtney

GOod luck with that show.. its different if someone wants to get help... but its a different if someones just out to make money on it! HUGHE difference!~~

July 19, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Sober07

Glad to see all of these people want to get sober! That's awesome. Hopefully it will be as beneficial to them as it has been for me. That last season Dr. Drew and his staff had their hands full. Tom Sizemore, Heidi Fleiss, Mike Starr. That is some straight up unmanagability!!! I hope these people hear what they're saying. Good luck to them all....

July 19, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. PiercedPsycho

Eminem's already been through rehab and has been clean for easily over a year now.

Try again next time.

July 19, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • brownie1

Yea Right! You might think he CLEAN.....?

July 21, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • MsLady74

Uhhh had you heard his song "Mirror" the one where he has a conversation with.....(you can fill in the blank). If he sober today he won't be tomorrow. He is here to promote certain things!

July 21, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • brownie1

HAAAAAAA! The "mirror" told him he wouldnt be able to do it without "it"!!! So sober...... I DONT THINK SO!! He still on a "MISSION"!!! THEY ALL ARE ON A MISSION!!!! FOR REAL!

July 21, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • MsLady74

The "mirror" told him to color his hair back!!!!!! He said you asked for a deal and I gave it to you.....now he just gotta do what he gotta do. Careful what you ask for folks!

July 21, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  15. SMP

LOVE Dr Drew. LOVE celbrity rehab. He is great. I've never missed it or Sober Living. Show is great and helpful to people. He's the best. However, this season should refrain from the use of "celebrity" rehab.

July 19, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Michael

Janice is going to be a complete train-wreck. I hope, but don't believe, that Dr Drew has a chance against the ego of that velociraptor....

July 19, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • HolyMoly

Michael~that comment made me choke on my water! LMAO
      I agree completely with you, Janice is a self-serving, self-indulgent, skin-stretched troll-has been who cannot recognize her time has passed.....

July 20, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  17. Cheeba-rger, Cheeba-rger

Never heard of non these peeps. Damn I want to see a lo-hand or some body with real problems. Get me a Super-Celeb. Rehab ULTRA! (Britney, Lohan, K. West, Eminem, and a few other mofo's) now that would knock the ratings up a few rips...

July 19, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  18. San Jose

SUPER excited about this season, except for Uchitel... Really? SIIIIICK! She's famous for hooking up with a married man. Classy.

July 19, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Double duh

So Gretchen is an "idiot" because she doesn't know who someone with a reality show is? I give her credit for not knowing whoever this person is.

July 19, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  20. LOU

Lord,help us all....meanwhile,blessings for sobriety to all the new members of Celebrity Rehab

July 19, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Well, duh

Gretchen, you're an idiot. Frankie has a reality show and a cult following. Just because you don't know something......Sigh.

July 19, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Gretchen

I think it's funny that a marginally famous person's mother is on this cast.
    I don't even know who Keisha Cole is...but her MOM is on there? what a joke.

July 19, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dallas

Hey Gretchen.. Keisha Cole is a great R&B singer.. her Mom is a leach that has made her daughter (she didn't raise her) look bad everytime she spots a camera.. Trash!!!

July 19, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • nick

Gretchen, your simply just old, not only can i tell by your name but Keyshia Cole is one of the greatest R&B singers out right now. Do not hate the world simply because you don't know much besides Antique Roadshow.

July 19, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • mr man

No, Gretchen has a point. It doesn't matter if Keisha Cole is more famous than Madonna, her mom isn't a celebrity and therefore does not belong on "'Celebrity' Rehab".

Barely anyone on that show this coming season should actually be considered a "celebrity"..

July 19, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • steve505

Nick, apparently your head is so far up your own rectum, you're forgetting that Keyshia Cole being one of the "greatest R&B singers out right now" is purely opinion. You're also overlooking the fact that a lot of people could care less about R&B and thus wouldn't have a clue who Keyshia Cole is, regardless of their age.

The only reason mass media outlets are able to peddle this kind of 2nd-rate garbage on the air is because of brainless drones like yourself who simply don't know any better.

July 19, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Funny

Are you suppose to know everyone in the celeb world? Give me a break!!!!

July 20, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hank

Gretchen, I am behind you. Who the heck is Keyshia? Sounds like another run of the mill ghetto fab singer who really stinks, and has family members trying to creep in!!!

August 12, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  23. not cool

someone needs to take the trash out!

July 19, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |